HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

New Final Fantasy on iPhone market.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ZalexRough [Perma Banned]

PostSubject: New Final Fantasy on iPhone market.   Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:22 am

Final Fantasy Dimensions. I got this game yesterday and to fine a remade FF1 hybrid with a job system and a new storyline was a breath of fresh air. From what I learned on the wiki you get to decide your path through dark or light to unlock specific job classes from dark night to paladin. If anyone gets the game and has anything they want to talk about it post and lets have a discussion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Danaerys83
Peace Keeper [Retired]

PostSubject: Re: New Final Fantasy on iPhone market.   Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:22 pm

I love FF. Is this iPhone only? Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hhsong273

PostSubject: Re: New Final Fantasy on iPhone market.   Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:05 pm

looked it up.. heard it costs 30 dollars for full content >_< Not bad if it was on a different platform, but on a phone, i'm not soo sure (as i don't have ipad xD)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZalexRough [Perma Banned]

PostSubject: yeah....   Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:09 am

I just got to chapter 1 and 1-4 is $30 or $10 per chapter.... that was a big letdown the game was really cool though.... As for it only being on apples market idk you would have to search your droid market to find out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DosojinDaniel

PostSubject: Re: New Final Fantasy on iPhone market.   Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:24 pm

So how does it compare to old school FF? I loved 1-9 but I feel that the series really feel apart after that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
onidis

PostSubject: Re: New Final Fantasy on iPhone market.   Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:01 pm

DosojinDaniel wrote:
So how does it compare to old school FF? I loved 1-9 but I feel that the series really feel apart after that.

Did you play 12? I thought it did a pretty good job of reaching back a bit. XI was alright, too, IMO, if you could get past the drama I seemed to find everywhere.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DosojinDaniel

PostSubject: Re: New Final Fantasy on iPhone market.   Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:10 pm

onidis wrote:
DosojinDaniel wrote:

Did you play 12? I thought it did a pretty good job of reaching back a bit. XI was alright, too, IMO, if you could get past the drama I seemed to find everywhere.

I didn't care for XI at all. I tried real hard to enjoy XII but it felt like a mmorpg without the fun of multiplayer. Then I got to the part with Bahamut & got really excited, only to find out that Bahamut was ****ing airship.I was sorely disappointed & pretty much stopped playing it at that moment. I feel like once square merged with Enix that both companies really fell apart. FF just wasn't the same when Hironobu Sakaguchi left. I really enjoyed his mistwalker games but they weren't very well received so nothing really came that company. I guess I'm just an old school gamer at heart.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LatinLegacy

PostSubject: Re: New Final Fantasy on iPhone market.   Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:37 am

With the holidays quickly approaching, I will wait around in hopes that this game is heavily discounted. It's kind of mind numbing to see SE charge so much for there iOS games. They are all pretty good for the most part but for the price they ask, you can get a handful of better games. I will check it out at some point Smile.

-LatinLegacy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
onidis

PostSubject: Re: New Final Fantasy on iPhone market.   Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:39 am

It's interesting to see how much people are willing to spend on games. $30 is about how much I spent on Pokemon Blue (well, my parents spent, I should say). FFI on the PSP was about $40 when it first came out, though it is down to about $30 on the PS Store, and FFI and II bundled on the GBA were about $50, I think.

FFI is a good experience, and I think everyone who enjoys RPGs should play it at least once to explore (a remake of) one of the games that defined the genre in the early days. Of course, I'm not saying go and drop your money on it, there are other ways to experience the game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ElysianField
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: New Final Fantasy on iPhone market.   Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:50 am

I have X111 on the Ps3 , never got far though.
was my first Final Fantasy and i don't really get it xD

Battalion General [LEGENDARY]

PostSubject: Re: New Final Fantasy on iPhone market.   Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:54 am

ElysianField wrote:
You should have gotten the older ones. They were much more enjoyable. XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.memphiskite.deviantart.com
DosojinDaniel

PostSubject: Re: New Final Fantasy on iPhone market.   Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:12 am

memphiskite wrote:
ElysianField wrote:
You should have gotten the older ones. They were much more enjoyable. XD

Agreed. If it's anything like 10-12, then it's a poor example. I personally recommend 8 or 9. 5,6&7 were also quite amazing. 7 is the standard in FF games to start with.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ElysianField
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: New Final Fantasy on iPhone market.   Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:40 am

i played it about an hour because i didn't really understood.

but not really planning on getting new games of final fantasy

PostSubject: Re: New Final Fantasy on iPhone market.   Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:45 am

ElysianField wrote:

Kick it old school & get the SNES roms & an emulator like SNES9X os ZSNES.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
memphiskite

PostSubject: Re: New Final Fantasy on iPhone market.   Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:44 pm

DosojinDaniel wrote:
ElysianField wrote:

Kick it old school & get the SNES roms & an emulator like SNES9X os ZSNES.

Or on a Gameboy Emulator.
Or purchase an digital copy off the PSN store if you have a PS3 or PSP.

Seriously, it's not that hard to find a recent copy of any of the older games now these days, cause they get remade for each new console that comes out at least... once? Twice?

FF3 is recently being rereleased on the PSP in Japan and it's practically the same game & graphics on the DS. XD
Back to top Go down
DosojinDaniel

PostSubject: Re: New Final Fantasy on iPhone market.   Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:49 pm

Yeah. They even make emulators Android/ios
Back to top Go down
View user profile
memphiskite

PostSubject: Re: New Final Fantasy on iPhone market.   Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:57 pm

.... and they work fabulous~! Now I have no excuse to look away from them now whenever I'm bored. XD
Back to top Go down
DosojinDaniel

PostSubject: Re: New Final Fantasy on iPhone market.   Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:05 pm

Exactly! I just got finished reliving chrono trigger. I'm having problems getting Xenogears to play well though :'(
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LatinLegacy

PostSubject: Re: New Final Fantasy on iPhone market.   Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:13 am

I personally liked FF III ( VI in Japan ) the most. I know a lot of people consider FFVII the best of the numbered games but the story didn't pull me in like FF III did. The soundtrack of FFVII was absolutely epic though & I doubt SE will ever be able to accomplish that ever again for a game. A lot of people seem to be hard on FFX but I really enjoyed that game as well. I've played them all pretty much, including both MMORPG's. The only one I did not like much is FFX-2. I do own FFXIII-2 but have not been bothered to play it yet. Been to busy with other games, currently, Borderlands 2 :p.

-LatinLegacy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DosojinDaniel

PostSubject: Re: New Final Fantasy on iPhone market.   Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:19 am

My top 3 FF games are 1. VIII 2.IX & 3.VI
Back to top Go down
View user profile
onidis

PostSubject: Re: New Final Fantasy on iPhone market.   Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:39 am

1. VI
2. IV
3. Uh... IX, I guess?

If we're including non-numbered ones, Tactics is in between VI and IV. That game's awesome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SwordArtist
Calabasa Carnivora [LEGENDARY]

PostSubject: Re: New Final Fantasy on iPhone market.   Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:39 am

Indeed, tactics was a fine addition to the series.

I've also rather enjoyed the tower defense version FF Crystal Defenders.

It's very pick up & go.. I have it installed on my Android Nook tablet.

I've tried to relive my FF3 through pirating.. But to no avail, they've rigged it with some serious security pirat

My favorite Fantasies were:
1. XI
2. Tactics
3. IX
4. X
5. VII
6. VIII
7. III (A.K.A. FF VI in Japan) Razz

My best friends are hxc into XIV, but other than than the breathtaking graphics, I find it lame as all hell..

I have every song off of every Final Fantasy soundtrack EVER by Nobuo Uematsu, on my Google Music Playlist..

Which is all of them that damn orchestral genius!!!! (HE LITERALLY COMPOSED EVERY SONG)

I also have everything else he's ever composed, which is a lot hardy har har pirat (literally took a week to DL)

Last edited by SwordArtist on Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thelandof420.tumblr.com/
onidis

PostSubject: Re: New Final Fantasy on iPhone market.   Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:53 am

VI was III in the US, if I remember correctly. Uematsu is a good composer, but I personally enjoy the Tactics and Crystal Chronicles STs the most, and I don't think he worked on them. Uematsu's battle themes are hard to beat, though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DosojinDaniel

PostSubject: Re: New Final Fantasy on iPhone market.   Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:11 am

Ah you're correct in him not providing music for those two & he only provided the main theme for tactics advance. He started to receive help himself with the X soundtrack & nowadays only freelances for SE. I believe is responsible for a majority if not all of the music on the Mistwalker games. The Lost Odyssey soundtrack was absolutely breath taking.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xzaral
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: New Final Fantasy on iPhone market.   Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:54 am

IV (II in US) was my personal favorite.. Each character felt like a character, both in battle and in story. It didn't have what I consider an entirely stupid concept of 3-5 person battles with 10+ characters to choose from. The story was epic enough without being over the top at times.

VI (III in US), I felt was a good game overall, but the magicite system always bugged me. I prefer spellcasters who are spellcasters, not everyone has cool tricks plus spells. They kept enough other skills for each characters so it didn't feel completely like they were all the same though.

VII was an excellent game but too technology focused for me. It had it's great moments of course but this seemed the starting point of limit break absurdity as well. Also didn't really like the materia system at all.

VIII was garbage. Story seemed dull, didn't like the characters, and combat was a bore to me.

X was a good game, but I really didn't like Tidus much. I liked X-2 as a continuation, but mostly to see how things changed.

XII was decent enough, but didn't like license points.

XIII. Hmm, I liked several of the directions the game went gameplay wise. The paradigms are nice for non-boss battles. But the lack of control during the tougher fights really got to me. I liked the summons in the game and the music and cut-scenes were well done. But overall, it didn't feel like a Final Fantasy game. XIII-2 is also garbage. Mostly interesting from the continuation viewpoint, but not enough to be a big sell to me.

And of course all my own opinions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Final Fantasy on iPhone market.   Today at 12:55 am

Back to top Go down

New Final Fantasy on iPhone market.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next