HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

Other games that you should try out from Google Play Store/ Apple App Store

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
tzerherman
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Other games that you should try out from Google Play Store/ Apple App Store   Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:57 am

Currently, my favorite game to play on my phone, other than Fantasica, is definitely Cytus. Its a music rhythm game, but a different one, not like the traditional Guitar Hero/Tap Tap Revenge rhythm games. Its soooo amazing, the art and the music is just too good. Play Store user review star average: 4.9/5. Definitely worth a try.

Other games I'm playing currently(not including TCGs):

Major Mayhem: just a kinda cartoonish shooting game, very good and different. Worth a try. Play Store user review star average: 4.8

Minecraft Pocket Edition: For those of us who can't afford a computer to play Minecraft on, this is a very good substitute. Still very new, so many of the PC edition functions havent been included yet, but still very addicting and fun to kill time with. Play Store user review star average: 4.5

What other games should i try? Give me some good ones and i will try it out Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]

PostSubject: Re: Other games that you should try out from Google Play Store/ Apple App Store   Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:00 am

I mean, I have like 500 games on my phone (apple).

Some to try out:
Temple Run
Jetpack Joyride
Ski Safari
Boost 2 (above 4 are endless runners)
Infinity Blade 2
Angry Birds (any)
10000000 (great match-3 type game)
Tiny Tower / Pocket Planes
Puzzlecraft
Happy Street Very Happy
Fairway Solitaire
any Kairosoft games
Bejeweled :p
Angel's Salvation

and Zookeeper Battle!

Ask me about any of the above. I'll describe Zookeeper Battle, since it's not very well-known. It's your typical "match-3" type game, but it's competitive. You play against real-life opponents and your goal is to match various animals for both attack and defense, which are then used to attack/defend against your enemy. Whoever can deplete the opponent's HP bar first loses. The game is a bit marred by obvious IAP elements but each week you can complete tasks to earn a special limited background, which appeals to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yoruno

PostSubject: Re: Other games that you should try out from Google Play Store/ Apple App Store   Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:19 am

I only got a handful of games on my pad, including
Kingdom rush, a really fun TD game, and Final fantasy tactics: WoTL. They're not free but they're worth a try if you dont mind spending abit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tzerherman
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: Other games that you should try out from Google Play Store/ Apple App Store   Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:29 am

clocksprocket wrote:
I mean, I have like 500 games on my phone (apple).

Some to try out:
Temple Run
Jetpack Joyride
Ski Safari
Boost 2 (above 4 are endless runners)
Infinity Blade 2
Angry Birds (any)
10000000 (great match-3 type game)
Tiny Tower / Pocket Planes
Puzzlecraft
Happy Street Very Happy
Fairway Solitaire
any Kairosoft games
Bejeweled :p
Angel's Salvation

and Zookeeper Battle!

Ask me about any of the above. I'll describe Zookeeper Battle, since it's not very well-known. It's your typical "match-3" type game, but it's competitive. You play against real-life opponents and your goal is to match various animals for both attack and defense, which are then used to attack/defend against your enemy. Whoever can deplete the opponent's HP bar first loses. The game is a bit marred by obvious IAP elements but each week you can complete tasks to earn a special limited background, which appeals to me.
Yeah ive played a fair bit of your list, just that i was bored of them haha. Really loved Temple Run before they released it in android, now that its released im bored of it already Razz Kairosoft games is the best! Especially love pocket RPG.... such a simple yet great game. Tiny Towers is also pretty good, but bored already -.- hmmm Zookeper Battle sounds pretty good.... might go download it Very Happy Try Cytus, you wont regret it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tzerherman
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: Other games that you should try out from Google Play Store/ Apple App Store   Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:31 am

Yoruno wrote:
Kingdom rush, a really fun TD game, and Final fantasy tactics: WoTL. They're not free but they're worth a try if you dont mind spending abit.
cant haha, im a poor 17 year old who doesnt even have a credit card Sad sadface.jpg. But ff tactics was great, have a *cough* pirated *cough* gba emulator on my phone, brings back so much memories Very Happy same artist as the guy who draws most of Fantasica Heros/monsters art too, was what attracted me to play Fantasica at the start Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dastand
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: Other games that you should try out from Google Play Store/ Apple App Store   Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:34 am

I've got three folders full of RPGs alone. Lol to be honest I like the game dev story a lot
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.something.com
Yoruno

PostSubject: Re: Other games that you should try out from Google Play Store/ Apple App Store   Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:36 am

tzerherman wrote:
Yoruno wrote:
cant haha, im a poor 17 year old who doesnt even have a credit card Sad sadface.jpg. But ff tactics was great, have a *cough* pirated *cough* gba emulator on my phone, brings back so much memories Very Happy same artist as the guy who draws most of Fantasica Heros/monsters art too, was what attracted me to play Fantasica at the start Smile

Psh, i have psx emulator on my pc and i played FFT, harvest moon and silent bomber on it just yesterday. Razz

oh and 2 rounds of advanced wars 2 on gba emulator, on pc.Edit: ...and yggdra union.... and suikoden 1... and fire emblem 2........
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]

PostSubject: Re: Other games that you should try out from Google Play Store/ Apple App Store   Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:40 am

Oh yeah, I wasn't claiming those games were new or anything, just that they were super popular/well-received when they first came out, so they're worth a try now if you haven't played them.

Have a bunch more but they're less-know/more niche.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tzerherman
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: Other games that you should try out from Google Play Store/ Apple App Store   Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:59 am

Yoruno wrote:
tzerherman wrote:
Yoruno wrote:

Psh, i have psx emulator on my pc and i played FFT, harvest moon and silent bomber on it just yesterday. Razz

oh and 2 rounds of advanced wars 2 on gba emulator, on pc.Edit: ...and yggdra union.... and suikoden 1... and fire emblem 2........
aw man, all those games... silent bomber was da bomb! loved it so much haha, with all those different kinds of bombs, napalm, cant remember the rest lol, but yeah. And harvest moon.... BEST PS1 GAME. no doubt. just sooooooooo good
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tzerherman
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: Other games that you should try out from Google Play Store/ Apple App Store   Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:04 am

clocksprocket wrote:
Oh yeah, I wasn't claiming those games were new or anything, just that they were super popular/well-received when they first came out, so they're worth a try now if you haven't played them.

Have a bunch more but they're less-know/more niche.

Yup, and thanks for that Smile ill definitely try the free ones Wink haha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yoruno

PostSubject: Re: Other games that you should try out from Google Play Store/ Apple App Store   Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:50 am

tzerherman wrote:
Yoruno wrote:
tzerherman wrote:
Yoruno wrote:

aw man, all those games... silent bomber was da bomb! loved it so much haha, with all those different kinds of bombs, napalm, cant remember the rest lol, but yeah. And harvest moon.... BEST PS1 GAME. no doubt. just sooooooooo good

gravity bomb was my fav, combine that with afew napalms and it becomes the ball of destruction.
And harvest moon is just so...... not alot of games can make me want to go back as much as dem classic ps1 games, especially HM and FFT.
Oh how i wish i could play HM on ipad...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ninjamonkey1118

PostSubject: Re: Other games that you should try out from Google Play Store/ Apple App Store   Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:50 pm

Yoruno wrote:

FFT for the win! beat it twice, still want to play again... *_*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JaeKun
Android Mechanic [Rare]

PostSubject: Re: Other games that you should try out from Google Play Store/ Apple App Store   Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:56 pm

Ninjamonkey1118 wrote:
Yoruno wrote:

FFT for the win! beat it twice, still want to play again... *_*
Oh yes a classic on the psx , favorite class was dragoon swooping in and out of the sky.
and gameboy adv tactics , and psp tactics beat them all
:3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ohzark

PostSubject: Re: Other games that you should try out from Google Play Store/ Apple App Store   Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:30 am

Mushroom Garden and Mushroom Garden Deluxe:D

because ...duh.....collecting ,mushrooms is obviously the best thing ever!! geek
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yoruno

PostSubject: Re: Other games that you should try out from Google Play Store/ Apple App Store   Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:28 am

ohzark wrote:
Mushroom Garden and Mushroom Garden Deluxe:D

because ...duh.....collecting ,mushrooms is obviously the best thing ever!! geek
Lay low on shrooms. you Razz
And HA! i'm on my 8th replay on FFT!
.....yeah....im hopeless. -.-;
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tzerherman
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: Other games that you should try out from Google Play Store/ Apple App Store   Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:41 pm

Just tried to search most of the games clocks told me to, didnt find a lot of them... probs coz they are still not released on android haha. Ah well
Back to top Go down
View user profile
memphiskite
Battalion General [LEGENDARY]

PostSubject: Re: Other games that you should try out from Google Play Store/ Apple App Store   Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:49 pm

The Android misses out on a lot of good games that are only available on iOS.... I can't even think of any exclusive Android games either....

It's like the console wars all over again....

*Mempy cries*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.memphiskite.deviantart.com
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]

PostSubject: Re: Other games that you should try out from Google Play Store/ Apple App Store   Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:16 pm

Well yeah, all those games are available on the iPhone, since that's what my phone is.

<3 iOS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dark Knlght
Peace Keeper [Retired]

PostSubject: Re: Other games that you should try out from Google Play Store/ Apple App Store   Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:52 pm

I love zombie games.. some of my favs on IOS
Gears & Guts
Free2Die
No Zombies allowed
Zombie Highway
ZombieSmash
ZombieHQ

oh and the no Zombie side Urban Rivals
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JackNABox
Android Mechanic [Rare]

PostSubject: Re: Other games that you should try out from Google Play Store/ Apple App Store   Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:03 pm

Just got hooked on playing "The World Ends With You" Solo Remix Edition. And yes, I have played the DS version, and I loved that game with a burning passion! Just re-living this game was enjoyable enough, the new game-play doesn't tarnish the original, in-fact I like it just as much! And to have that game right in my pocket wherever I go, hard day of work/studies, taking the metro back to my apartment, pull it up for an intense 10-15minutes on the go. Highly Recommended Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
po1102
War Hero [Rare]

PostSubject: Re: Other games that you should try out from Google Play Store/ Apple App Store   Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:54 pm

Dark Knlght wrote:
No Zombies allowed

Yea, that game is cool. I used to play it everyday... until I saw Fantasica video ad while trying to get more dollars on that game... So now I'm here, playing Fantasica all day and getting on NZA like once a day Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SwordArtist
Calabasa Carnivora [LEGENDARY]

PostSubject: Re: Other games that you should try out from Google Play Store/ Apple App Store   Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:30 pm

memphiskite wrote:
The Android misses out on a lot of good games that are only available on iOS.... I can't even think of any exclusive Android games either....

It's like the console wars all over again....

*Mempy cries*

I couldn't disagree with you more memphy!!

Majority here seem to be IOS users, so it's about time someone speaks out for the other half! Razz

I'm a rooted Nook Android Tablet user.. My device has 48 Gigabytes of available memory.. So after housing a full music/video/book library, I still have ample space left over.. which I have taken the liberty of using to store over 60 select android mobile gaming titles.. The best part, I've never had to pay a dime until recently, thanks to my ability to sideload all .apk app/game files Smile The only recent change which has diminished my ability, was the FBI's shutdown of 3rd party black markets such as SnappzMarket and others. Still though, nearly any game available on Android, is at a moments notice available for free!! .. I've literally downloaded over 500 games, at least half of which were paid.. and yet I've only kept 60. What does that tell you? Most are indeed crap, so WHY spend money on crap!!??

But alas, here are my top ten Android Exclusives

1. Spectral Souls: Resurrection of the Ethereal Empires (Much anticipated sequel due out early 2013)

2. Shadowgun (Badass FPS on par with console shooters!!)

3. Puzzle Quest 2 (A high quality port of the Xbox Live Arcade Game!)

4. Dgunners SPF/Series (A hella tight mech simulator)

5. Quisr Pro (A thoughtful online orientated multiple choice quiz game)

6. Elemental Knights Online(MMORPG): The World (An expansive & first rate mobile mmo)

7. Chaos ( Cool attack helicopter sim)

8. Legends Arcana (A fun hack & slash)

9. Celes Arca(MMORPG) (Another mmo, not bad..)

10. Iruna Online(MMORPG)
(They WILL get better, fun game but some design flaws)

.. And of course, Fantasica looks STUNNING of my 7" screen, which is roughly the same size & pixel quality as my still currently "oversize" sig. sunny

P.S. - FF Crystal Defenders is also available, but so too is it on IOS. And another thing, I believe someone mentioned the game in here earlier.. But "Cytus" is really, really fun.. Like DDR for your thumbs/fingers etc.

P.S.S - It may seem to be, as it is a contentious legal grey area.. But I've done absolutely nothing illegal. Even for you IOS users, Jailbreaking is 100% legal!! .. One's only risks are their warranty. With my device, the Nook Tablet.. Without a root, users get ZERO access to the google play/android marketplace. For the first 3 months or so, they did actually.. But then Barnes & Noble updated their Firmware, and created a B&N store.. with a wide range of limited overpriced apps.. nothing free, and all total garbage!! So really for tech inclined nook users, rooting is the only way Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thelandof420.tumblr.com/
tzerherman
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: Other games that you should try out from Google Play Store/ Apple App Store   Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:36 pm

SwordArtist wrote:
P.S. - FF Crystal Defenders is also available, but so too is it on IOS. And another thing, I believe someone mentioned the game in here earlier.. But "Cytus" is really, really fun.. Like DDR for your thumbs/fingers etc.

CYTUS IS THE BEST
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rekanize

PostSubject: Re: Other games that you should try out from Google Play Store/ Apple App Store   Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:33 pm

tzerherman wrote:
CYTUS IS THE BEST

Dude, thank you for suggesting this game! I played Technika a lot, which is quite similar to this, but I can't find the time to go to the arcade nowadays. So this is a nice fix Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JaeKun
Android Mechanic [Rare]

PostSubject: Re: Other games that you should try out from Google Play Store/ Apple App Store   Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:26 am

hehe on my ios ipad i dl any rpg game i see out there, even though i only had it for 2 months *__*
like gaurdians cross, bloodbrothers,epic raiders, lucky battle,castle master +, montowers,zenonia 4,pocket army,elemental knights and others lol
but yeah ofcourse i put most of my time into fantasica.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Other games that you should try out from Google Play Store/ Apple App Store   Today at 4:50 am

Back to top Go down

Other games that you should try out from Google Play Store/ Apple App Store
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next