I've been trying to decipher the exact arena hitpoint calculation since the beginning of the vent, and I need some help cracking the code!
The amount of hitpoints a player has DOES change based on the units deployed, even if those units are not event units or Limited edition.
I personally believe that hitpoints are the sum of two things:
1) a base amount every player is given. I think everyone gets the same amount, but there is a slight chance that the base amount also varies from units deployed, player level, LE units present etc.
2) a bonus for each star on the team. Therefore it is better (stamina wise) to deploy 5 6* units and have a 6* leader for your team, than it is to have 4 6* units and one 5* unit...
There may be other factors, but if there are they've escaped me so far.
First, just for my general doubters out there, I would like you to compare these three screenshots:
In both, only charles has had a chance to attack on my team, you can see from the other units that this is the only logical explanation. Yet, he takes off a different chunk of hitpoints doing the EXACT SAME amount of damage. The only logical conclusion is that one of these teams had more hitpoints than the other. That team is the one with the most stars...
You'll have to trust that I've never used a power boost vial, and I wont be, I just want the raw numbers.
Also, I've run into a couple issues.
1) I've watched Reamy do 119k damage with my own eyes. Then, no power vial, or anything else but a different match, I've watched her do 122k damage. Note she's been maxed snce before the event started.
2) Screenshotting during an arena match is extremely hard. It consists of a lot of luck, as most of the time the screenshot varies in how many tenths of a second it will take to accur after you've hit the buttons.
3) The final hit (almost always) does more damage than nessasary to finish off the opponant, so it forces me to guestimate the final damage...
4)Ally units differ every match, so you have to be a quick&dynamic thinker to keep up as you physically record the damage. I cant go "okay fawn-serafina-charles-reamy in that order will attack, doing this this and this amount of exact data. I have to see my ally units, note their position in the lineup, and think accordingly. Also, enemy skills like slow+knocback can skew attack order, so I'm pretty much writing and watching at the same time, so much happening in seconds it's not funny!
5) None of my units use poison, but i have an ally running Kyo (and an ally with alex) who change damage a can cause me to throw a whole match out of my data so I don't record something wrong...
Now, my method:
A) As soon as the match starts, note my allies and try to predict where they will land in my lineup.
B) As soon as the enemy team gets onscreen, screenshot.
C) Try my darndest to get a screenshot of the first unit to do damage, without damage from any of my other team members. This is a reference. At the end of the match, I know exactly what ~106k damage (in Paris's case) looks at by referring to the screenshot. Then, when I have to guestimate at the end, I have a firmer comparison than my memory.
D) Record the names of my units in order as they attack, if an ally unit attacks: record the damage for an ally unit who's damage I don't have down yet.
E) Try to screenshot the last hit so I can see how much of the bar I actually depleted, using the screenshot of the first hit to compare.
F) Use my album/ knowledge to figure out how many stars the team has collectivly.
1st Team) *NOTE: I didn't screenshot the first hit, the final estimation is from memory
4 hits, Paris Fawn serafina Reamy in that order
2nd Team) Also had not employed screensoht technique. Also: havent figured out if ally units stars get factored into HP. I assume they do, but It's still up in the air...
Chris 4* (ally)
Anton 4* (ally)
Total 22* (14*)
7 hits, Fawn Keith Serafina Reamy *somebody* Ninetailed-fox *something* in that order...
3rd) Used screencapture method
Lady Sun 4* (I've never seen her sprite before)
Lana 5* (ally)
Sola 5* (ally)
Total 31*? (21*)
6 hits, Fawn Serafina 9tFox Marg Zhao Reamy in that order...
Will be adding more as I go...