HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 
 

 What ELSE do you do while grinding...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
myad
☆☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-10-01
Posts : 1038

PostSubject: What ELSE do you do while grinding...   Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:30 pm

I mean... Pressing 'buttons' on the phone can be done without looking at the phone...

And for QUESTS... some take up to two minutes to complete...

So just wondering... what do you guys do during this 'free' time?

OK, gonna gloat a bit over here... I surf the net this way:



thank goodness for POP-UP browsers on the Samsung Galaxy phones... Very Happy

_________________
.
Visit the strange ONE item stall
.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
memphiskite
Battalion General [LEGENDARY]


Join date : 2012-09-15
Posts : 1751

PostSubject: Re: What ELSE do you do while grinding...   Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:55 pm

The Galaxy phone can do that....? :O

Teach me, oh master myad~

Oh, err.... I just play another game while playing Fantasica.
Unfortunately, I get more absorbed in the other game so there are times I'll miss out on tapping the phone every 5 mins or 30 mins for TP burning...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.memphiskite.deviantart.com
myad
☆☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-10-01
Posts : 1038

PostSubject: Re: What ELSE do you do while grinding...   Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:05 pm

memphiskite wrote:
The Galaxy phone can do that....? :O

Teach me, oh master myad~

Oh, err.... I just play another game while playing Fantasica.
Unfortunately, I get more absorbed in the other game so there are times I'll miss out on tapping the phone every 5 mins or 30 mins for TP burning...
not all galaxy... so far i know this is available on S3 and Note 2. i think its on the way for Note 1 and perhaps s2.

the pop up browser is actually a feature that Samsung added onto Android. I've yet to try the pop up video player but i guess it should work just like the browser.

minimise Fantasica (home button). then launch the pop up browser by clicking on a link (unless you have set the default to another apps, otherwise, you'll get prompted which apps to use). select pop up browser. once pop up browser is running, long press home button (recent tasks) and then select Fantasica...

you'll need to move the browser to the side a bit when you place units... after that... just browse while the grinding runs in the background. Very Happy

_________________
.
Visit the strange ONE item stall
.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
memphiskite
Battalion General [LEGENDARY]


Join date : 2012-09-15
Posts : 1751

PostSubject: Re: What ELSE do you do while grinding...   Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:53 pm

myad wrote:
memphiskite wrote:
The Galaxy phone can do that....? :O

Teach me, oh master myad~

Oh, err.... I just play another game while playing Fantasica.
Unfortunately, I get more absorbed in the other game so there are times I'll miss out on tapping the phone every 5 mins or 30 mins for TP burning...
not all galaxy... so far i know this is available on S3 and Note 2. i think its on the way for Note 1 and perhaps s2.

the pop up browser is actually a feature that Samsung added onto Android. I've yet to try the pop up video player but i guess it should work just like the browser.

minimise Fantasica (home button). then launch the pop up browser by clicking on a link (unless you have set the default to another apps, otherwise, you'll get prompted which apps to use). select pop up browser. once pop up browser is running, long press home button (recent tasks) and then select Fantasica...

you'll need to move the browser to the side a bit when you place units... after that... just browse while the grinding runs in the background. Very Happy

Ahhh, gotcha! New model's feature. Guess my S2 won't have it then.
Oh well, I still got my laptop for web browsing. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.memphiskite.deviantart.com
myad
☆☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-10-01
Posts : 1038

PostSubject: Re: What ELSE do you do while grinding...   Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:58 pm

memphiskite wrote:
Ahhh, gotcha! New model's feature. Guess my S2 won't have it then.
Oh well, I still got my laptop for web browsing. Razz
read somewhere that it should be coming for s2... but dun hold your breath for it... Very Happy

_________________
.
Visit the strange ONE item stall
.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DivideByZero



Join date : 2013-01-10
Posts : 110

PostSubject: Re: What ELSE do you do while grinding...   Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:33 am

Hell yeah myad! I DO THE EXACT SAME THING. I just upgraded to Galaxy Note II...and yeah, that is one of my favorite features. What really sucks is that they got rid of the screen recorder feature, where if you press the home button with the volume up button, it will start recording what is happening on the screen and turn it into a high quality video...meaning that I would have been able to record my quests or attempts to break high level player's defense. v_v

Back to top Go down
View user profile
myad
☆☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-10-01
Posts : 1038

PostSubject: Re: What ELSE do you do while grinding...   Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:42 am

DivideByZero wrote:
Hell yeah myad! I DO THE EXACT SAME THING. I just upgraded to Galaxy Note II...and yeah, that is one of my favorite features. What really sucks is that they got rid of the screen recorder feature, where if you press the home button with the volume up button, it will start recording what is happening on the screen and turn it into a high quality video...meaning that I would have been able to record my quests or attempts to break high level player's defense. v_v

ya, i recall that function being advertised. read that its due to possible copyright issues (like being able to use that to record movies being played on the phone)...

speaking of movies... i just tested and...
Spoiler:
 

_________________
.
Visit the strange ONE item stall
.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DivideByZero



Join date : 2013-01-10
Posts : 110

PostSubject: Re: What ELSE do you do while grinding...   Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:57 am

I haven't tested the pop up player yet, but it looks good. I like 2NE1 better than Girls Generation though. Razz

As for the screen recorder feature, I heard the app Screencast works just as well. The only issue? You have to root your phone and I'm not willing to do that. Not taking any chances on bricking my brand new Note II. Looks like I'll have to wait for something better. v_v;
Back to top Go down
View user profile
myad
☆☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-10-01
Posts : 1038

PostSubject: Re: What ELSE do you do while grinding...   Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:34 pm

myad wrote:
memphiskite wrote:
Ahhh, gotcha! New model's feature. Guess my S2 won't have it then.
Oh well, I still got my laptop for web browsing. Razz
read somewhere that it should be coming for s2... but dun hold your breath for it... Very Happy
Off Topic:
Quote :
Samsung starts Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update for the Galaxy S II GT-I9100G
http://www.sammobile.com/2013/02/08/samsung-starts-android-4-1-2-jelly-bean-update-for-the-galaxy-s-ii-gt-i9100g/

Samsung has just started to push Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update to the Galaxy S II (GT-I9100G). The Galaxy S II is the best-selling Android device of 2011 and has a very large user base that’s why Samsung keeps on updating this device with all the new Android versions as they want to provide the Galaxy S II users with their best support experience.

You might not be able to update your device to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean right away as the update is rolling out in phases. So, it might not yet be available for your country or network provider (If Your device is Carrier branded) but don’t worry the update will arrive soon.

...

Some of the Enhancements in the new Jelly Bean Update:
- Buttery Smooth Performance & Great Stability (Thanks to Project Butter)
- Full User Interface Revamp (Same UI as of the Galaxy S III and Galaxy Note II)
- TouchWiz Nature UX
- Samsung’s S Cloud services
- Improved Camera features
- New Lockscreen With Many Customization Options
- New Features like Direct Call, Smart Stay and Pop-up Play
- New Widgets (From Galaxy S III)
- 2 Home screen modes
- New Notification bar With More Notification Toggles
- Google Now


_________________
.
Visit the strange ONE item stall
.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
memphiskite
Battalion General [LEGENDARY]


Join date : 2012-09-15
Posts : 1751

PostSubject: Re: What ELSE do you do while grinding...   Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:43 pm

myad wrote:
myad wrote:
memphiskite wrote:
Ahhh, gotcha! New model's feature. Guess my S2 won't have it then.
Oh well, I still got my laptop for web browsing. Razz
read somewhere that it should be coming for s2... but dun hold your breath for it... Very Happy
Off Topic:
Quote :
Samsung starts Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update for the Galaxy S II GT-I9100G
http://www.sammobile.com/2013/02/08/samsung-starts-android-4-1-2-jelly-bean-update-for-the-galaxy-s-ii-gt-i9100g/

Samsung has just started to push Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update to the Galaxy S II (GT-I9100G). The Galaxy S II is the best-selling Android device of 2011 and has a very large user base that’s why Samsung keeps on updating this device with all the new Android versions as they want to provide the Galaxy S II users with their best support experience.

You might not be able to update your device to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean right away as the update is rolling out in phases. So, it might not yet be available for your country or network provider (If Your device is Carrier branded) but don’t worry the update will arrive soon.

...

Some of the Enhancements in the new Jelly Bean Update:
- Buttery Smooth Performance & Great Stability (Thanks to Project Butter)
- Full User Interface Revamp (Same UI as of the Galaxy S III and Galaxy Note II)
- TouchWiz Nature UX
- Samsung’s S Cloud services
- Improved Camera features
- New Lockscreen With Many Customization Options
- New Features like Direct Call, Smart Stay and Pop-up Play
- New Widgets (From Galaxy S III)
- 2 Home screen modes
- New Notification bar With More Notification Toggles
- Google Now


Ehh... I don't really care much for phone updates since I end up signing a new contract for a new phone anyway, making the current model neglected. I'll stick to partial-multitasking with a phone, PC & TV with PS3 on at the same time.... when I'm at home... Neutral
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.memphiskite.deviantart.com
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-11-22
Posts : 941

PostSubject: Re: What ELSE do you do while grinding...   Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:24 pm

While grinding I FB, watch documentaries, read articles, listening to music or just doing random research. I should also quit drinking. lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MazinKaiser21
☆☆


Join date : 2012-11-29
Posts : 204

PostSubject: Re: What ELSE do you do while grinding...   Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:23 pm

If I'm not doing any homework or studying for midterms/finals, I'm playing Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale online in between grinding.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
-Nix-



Join date : 2013-01-10
Posts : 28

PostSubject: Re: What ELSE do you do while grinding...   Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:28 pm

Wow. I can't do anything on my phone or Fantasica will pause... But I surf the internet on my computer or watch tv. Doesn't help when I'm not at home though...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wowyogurt
☆☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-12-11
Posts : 1479

PostSubject: Re: What ELSE do you do while grinding...   Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:52 pm

Usually browse through reddit or study. My life is full of excitement.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Soggytoaster
☆☆☆


Join date : 2013-01-14
Posts : 314

PostSubject: Re: What ELSE do you do while grinding...   Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:49 am

myad wrote:
I mean... Pressing 'buttons' on the phone can be done without looking at the phone...

And for QUESTS... some take up to two minutes to complete...

So just wondering... what do you guys do during this 'free' time?

OK, gonna gloat a bit over here... I surf the net this way:



thank goodness for POP-UP browsers on the Samsung Galaxy phones... Very Happy

My post is featured in a screenshot? PERMISSION NOT GRANTED! Razz
The eye is watching you...

I study, watch tv series and movies, or listen to music and browse the web
while grinding 2-7 at home. I also grind 2-7 on the bus or train, while going for my
nightly walk, and also during boring lectures when I already know the content.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HoundR
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]


Join date : 2012-12-05
Posts : 616

PostSubject: Re: What ELSE do you do while grinding...   Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:16 am

I usually do homework or watch movies... but then I forget about grinding Sad

_________________
- - - Embrace Reality - - -
kik: HellhoundR
Valkyrie Crusade: 2irja
----- HoundR's LE Units&Monsters 4*/5*/6* SHOP !!! -----

Trading Center complaints/suggestions/multiple thread or RMT I didn't see/anything else PM me! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zhuwawagu
☆☆☆


Join date : 2013-02-22
Posts : 465

PostSubject: Re: What ELSE do you do while grinding...   Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:58 am

I use my phone (internet/youtube) while I play on my tablet~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
toked



Join date : 2013-02-10
Posts : 25

PostSubject: Re: What ELSE do you do while grinding...   Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:46 pm

i watch youtube while grinding, any better way than 2-7 ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xithed



Join date : 2013-01-21
Posts : 16

PostSubject: Re: What ELSE do you do while grinding...   Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:03 am

usually watch tv
but somehow i'll forget keep doing the grinding lol
grinding always make me fell asleep
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aszutai
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]


Join date : 2012-10-18
Posts : 1083

PostSubject: Re: What ELSE do you do while grinding...   Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:18 am

Usually working while grinding, 5 mins quest grind are way too distracting so it's usually on a 10 minute timer for me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.genbustudios.com
Soggytoaster
☆☆☆


Join date : 2013-01-14
Posts : 314

PostSubject: Re: What ELSE do you do while grinding...   Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:00 pm

aszutai wrote:
Usually working while grinding, 5 mins quest grind are way too distracting so it's usually on a 10 minute timer for me.

Anything is better than nothing Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Psaro
☆☆


Join date : 2013-02-26
Posts : 160

PostSubject: Re: What ELSE do you do while grinding...   Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:31 pm

Lately I've been playing Fire Emblem: Awakening while I wait for my missions to finish up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EmeraldGates



Join date : 2013-02-27
Posts : 15

PostSubject: Re: What ELSE do you do while grinding...   Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:25 pm

I do get quite stingy with the personal time elixirs so while I wait, there is online mahjong; the proper "get whipped by three other people trying to complete their hand" mahjong and not the 500K+ variants of the solitaire.

There is a lovely Flash game of Japanese mahjong if you Google for it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Esofonic
☆☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2013-02-06
Posts : 1057

PostSubject: Re: What ELSE do you do while grinding...   Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:13 am

well, reading online manga or some light novels for me Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stragmagius



Join date : 2013-03-04
Posts : 11

PostSubject: Re: What ELSE do you do while grinding...   Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:57 pm

Usually watch some tv or play another game... right now it's Agarest Zero.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: What ELSE do you do while grinding...   Today at 6:55 am

Back to top Go down
 
What ELSE do you do while grinding...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Best Grinding Quests
» Starting problem Villiers MK10
» Oscillating multi-purpose tool for bonsai carving?
» die grinder, tools question
» Mini-grinder Carving Tools

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Fantasica :: General Chat-
Jump to: