HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 
 

 Nostalgia - your first 2*/3*/4*/5*/6*?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
fatmatt75



Join date : 2012-09-16
Posts : 63

PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia - your first 2*/3*/4*/5*/6*?   Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:46 am

My first 2* was Alicia caus everyone loves archers. However this relationship only lasted for a few minutes. Despite that, she's nearly lvl 40 caus I have a lack of air clearers.

My first 3* was Marlow, pulled from a ticket during the Colosseum event.

My first 4* was Zenobia pulled minutes after joining the game.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
FastfoodJesus
Peace Keeper [Retired]


Join date : 2012-09-08
Posts : 213

PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia - your first 2*/3*/4*/5*/6*?   Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:17 am

tzerherman wrote:
FastfoodJesus wrote:
Still awaiting that eluding 5*, don't wanna sink the cash into a game like this so I'm patiently waiting a 5* pull from a ticket.

Dont wait.. either buy or keep trading like what I did


Ya, I plan to do that while I keep trying tickets. Saving up all my elixirs, any and all 4*'s I get. Possibly trade those for more elixirs (since it seems like the easiest way to get a 5*)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
n00face



Join date : 2012-09-04
Posts : 20

PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia - your first 2*/3*/4*/5*/6*?   Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:14 pm

First 2*: I can't remember who I picked honestly, I remember picking the game on my tablet out of a whim (while babysitting my niece) and just kind of messed around for a bit. If I think hard enough though, I believe it was Alicia, simply because Archers are cool like that.

First 3*: Even though I never used him all that much except during the event, I pulled Wolf from a single DE grab. Demon Tower being my first event, I wanted some kind of advantage in terms of ranking. The reason I didn't use him much after was because...

First 4*: I pulled Scarlet as my first (free) Premium Ticket grab. Perfect timing too because I was in the quest level that required high sea damage. She was my favorite for the longest time until I traded her for... Um... I don't remember. (:

First 5*: Thrain. /sighs
He wasn't 'bad' per say, but he wasn't great. Pulled him from a Premium Card Pack. I was able to trade him after the Venus event, so needless to say he may/may not be missed.

First 6*: Pipe Dream... (:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jdelmundo



Join date : 2012-08-24
Posts : 73

PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia - your first 2*/3*/4*/5*/6*?   Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:15 pm

First 2*: Orlando - Thunder God Cid had to have started somewhere right?
First 3*: Marlow
First 4*: Angela
First 5*: Seraphiina
First 6*: Gloria, Princess Knight
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RisingAboveThis
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]


Join date : 2012-09-11
Posts : 309

PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia - your first 2*/3*/4*/5*/6*?   Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:56 pm

pnoytroi wrote:
RisingAboveThis wrote:
pnoytroi wrote:
2* = Adelaide until Lvl. 12.

3* = The Dark Elf Mage w/ Slow effect... I forget his name. Then the lure of the mega box was too much and I caved in.. Dun dun dun..

4* = Skipped them over completely except for when I had to use them because Vlad was taking too many Unit Points.

5* = Bernhard after pulling Vlad.

6* = I was leaving my house for work at 9:15 am on a Tuesday two weeks ago when I pulled Vlad and nearly hit a stop sign >_< lol.



......WHY COULDNT I HAVE HAD THIS LUCK!?!?!?!?




*cursed forever*

LOL. Which part of my luck? Nearly running over the stop sign because I pulled Vlad or pulling Vlad? ;-) Haha jk


Vlad after Vlad....topped off with Bernhard on top of that nice sundae like a cherry. -_____- Im capable of destruction with my car as is, even when Im driving consciously LOL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CreativeCC
☆☆


Join date : 2012-09-11
Posts : 175

PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia - your first 2*/3*/4*/5*/6*?   Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:04 pm

2* = Orlando, I used him untill max XD

3* = Neil, I got him from my first premium ticket used untill 30+ and give it to some nembie Very Happy

4* = Alex, I got her from my first megabox. I use her untill 55 and sell her to Strenhelden, he probably feed her to his Alex(6*) already lol

5* = Stefan, From my first purchase of sereis box XD, trade him for caecilla lv1 when he was lv56. (yeah, I know Razz)

6* = Abel, got him from second purchase megabox, now he staying with one of my best allies right now, RisingAboveThis XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ohzark



Join date : 2012-09-25
Posts : 12

PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia - your first 2*/3*/4*/5*/6*?   Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:26 am

2* : Orlando, but I didn't pay much attention, cos I got a -->

3* Celia after the tutorial which I leveled up pretty well until I was able to invite someone and I suddenly had Mona <3... which I still love

4* Miriam, just got her yesterday and I'm so happy

...the rest is yet to come Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sharpyzu
☆☆


Join date : 2012-09-28
Posts : 220

PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia - your first 2*/3*/4*/5*/6*?   Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:06 pm

Well, I started playing 8 days ago, and started with

**
Alicia. Seemed like the most even character, and since I didn't know which stat would be most valuable in this game, I just picked her.

Seeing that ** stars are quite weak and cannot level so much, on the second day, I immediately bought my

****
Felicia for 175k. Which was most of my first days' earnings.

*****
The current event started 4-5 days after I started, and I decided to get a 5 star character to do well in it. Of course I don't have nearly enough for a normal 5 star, so 
what could I do? I had to settle with a Fiona (who is currently level 40ish, and still my main.)

After finishing floor 100, I now have a sonia monster, whom I plan to make a hero. I assume this would be my first "true" 5 star hero.

******
.... T_T.... at this rate it doesn't seem like I'll ever get a 6 star... so sad... 5 stars are already so expensive, at 100s of TEs... I can't even
 imagine how expensive 6 stars are....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
memphiskite
Battalion General [LEGENDARY]


Join date : 2012-09-15
Posts : 1751

PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia - your first 2*/3*/4*/5*/6*?   Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:55 pm

It has to be first? Oh well, better that way since my memory gets shot a lot...

My first 2* card was...
- picked Adelaide as my main cause magic powers rule. And also cause of her name... No, I don't live there... that place is dull-as.... but you didn't hear that from me. Afterwards, I got Jane and she became my favourite. A hot red-headed gunslinger? Yes please! She maxed out to 40 and was given away to someone I don't know that well.

My first 3* card was....
- Elvira, but to be honest, I wasn't hyped about it. Sure, I can see a huge improvement in the stats when compared to Adelaide, but during that time when I was only 63 levels high with only completing up to quest 16-4, I just couldn't be bothered with pumping her up. She later went to a friend as well and has become that guy's leader. Still at the same level when I tradedher to this day. 3* cards are now feeders to me. Razz

My first 4* card was...
- Gloria, the card most people can get from the Demon Tower event. She is so pretty to me, and no, I haven't been staring at her boobs all day. Geez... that hair was what got to me. :T Eventually, I made Angela as my leader since I enjoyed her quick speed and melee power. But then, she has no way to attack the airborne foes...

My first 5* card was...
- Stephan, I think. My memory's not so good. Those Armed Forces deck was enough to make me buy my first 3 series box for just one card - Cecelia. I still don't have her, but my TE loot should hopefully help to get me one. So I ended with 2 Stephans and one of them got traded for my glorious main leader Ignat. Sure, his stats are somewhat mediocre, but with high melee strength and a ranked B attack speed, he can't do any wrong for me. Also, he resembles so much like my idol - DATE MASAMUNE!!!

My first 6* card was...
- Dorothea, but I traded her for a shit ton of 5* & 4* cards I haven't gotten yet. I don't regret it since I'm still not hyped about the power and pride of being a 6* owner. The people who have one scare the crap outta me. Well, the rumors do mostly.... Still, that ain't gonna stop me from getting the AF 6* Cecelia, hehehe.... now I gotta figure out a way to pump my luck to get me an Oktavia during this event so I can use it as a bargaining tool for the card I want....


Oops, I think I ranted too much...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.memphiskite.deviantart.com
Khos



Join date : 2012-09-25
Posts : 9

PostSubject: The traveled road   Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:38 am

Ah yes the traveled road......

my starter was orlando. (i chose this game because im a FFtactics lover) and he reminded me of those generic knights. i rode orlando till i got a robert. Then the demon tower came out and so i threw change at a single pull and used friedericke. Once the army guys came out threw some more change and got a helmut. During mina's trials i needed a knockback for the mummies so i then lvled the freebie Achiliea(lol her red undies). Once the dragon tower came i threw change at it too......and voila i got my first 5* kiki.(when i say i threw change, its usually $10 and only on special events). Dont know when the 6* will come, but im saving elixers

All those mentioned heroes(with the exception of orlando) i still have and i doubt they would be gobbled or traded. I have so many now once i played long enough to learn how the market works. But i usually try to collect common groups ex. all fairies, samurai, soldiers or archers. i just love the art.

Thanks clock for this trip down memory lane Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CreativeCC
☆☆


Join date : 2012-09-11
Posts : 175

PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia - your first 2*/3*/4*/5*/6*?   Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:36 pm

memphiskite wrote:
It has to be first? Oh well, better that way since my memory gets shot a lot...

My first 2* card was...
- picked Adelaide as my main cause magic powers rule. And also cause of her name... No, I don't live there... that place is dull-as.... but you didn't hear that from me. Afterwards, I got Jane and she became my favourite. A hot red-headed gunslinger? Yes please! She maxed out to 40 and was given away to someone I don't know that well.
Don't know that well? we should hunt him down and take your Jane back Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ivansensei_



Join date : 2012-09-28
Posts : 41

PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia - your first 2*/3*/4*/5*/6*?   Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:29 pm

1*.- I maxed out a William once, but he already got feeded...
2*.- Alicia was my main missile unit until the end of teh Dark Tower event.
3*.- Julieta was first and Mona was ready the next day, so they were my core team.
4*.- (body double)Gloria after finishing the DT event, had to level her up...
5*.- I think Sonia will be my first ...
6*.- not planning on getting one yet
Back to top Go down
View user profile
memphiskite
Battalion General [LEGENDARY]


Join date : 2012-09-15
Posts : 1751

PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia - your first 2*/3*/4*/5*/6*?   Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:35 pm

CreativeCC wrote:
memphiskite wrote:
It has to be first? Oh well, better that way since my memory gets shot a lot...

My first 2* card was...
- picked Adelaide as my main cause magic powers rule. And also cause of her name... No, I don't live there... that place is dull-as.... but you didn't hear that from me. Afterwards, I got Jane and she became my favourite. A hot red-headed gunslinger? Yes please! She maxed out to 40 and was given away to someone I don't know that well.
Don't know that well? we should hunt him down and take your Jane back Razz
No... leave Jane alone... she's probably getting some lovin' at the moment... Very Happy
For a short period, I was giving away my lvld units for weaker ones plus feeders and he took advantage of it. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.memphiskite.deviantart.com
beltane-flames
Ocean Dweller [Rare]


Join date : 2012-09-18
Posts : 92

PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia - your first 2*/3*/4*/5*/6*?   Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:59 pm

I got my first 5*! I did already have Fiona, but she really doesn't count... >.>

Anyway, I've got myself a Kiki! Someone gave me a really great deal. I suspect that Sonia will be my second... Smile

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Curasa
☆☆


Join date : 2012-09-15
Posts : 209

PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia - your first 2*/3*/4*/5*/6*?   Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:18 pm

The 2* I chose was Alicia as my main. I thought her stats were pretty good, and liked the fact she could attack from afar. She remained my lead for quite awhile.

I never did get a 3*. I wanted that Mage guy with the horns. I always forget his name. Thought he was pretty cool.

First 4* I got was a Gunnel. I was using an Allies lvl 50 or so Gunnel like mad, and decided that was the best Unit in the game! I mean, she was doing 14000 dmg while I was doing 7000! OMG. Then I fell in e-love with Agnes. Only chick I've ever seen pull off leopard-skinned undies.

First 5* sadly was Kiki. I got it from a fellow forum user in a trade for max Blad and Dorothy. I traded it for one of the three 5*'s I've really wanted thus far in the game, Julia which I think I got the better deal from what I've seen.

No 6* yet. Fencer Diane is about the only one I want. 69k, A speed with Poison? I like dat right dur. Push her to 75k+ with skill, Poison dmg booms up to what? 12k a tick WITH an A speed? That event I'll probably be buying my way to the top, not even going to lie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bidnode



Join date : 2012-10-02
Posts : 26

PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia - your first 2*/3*/4*/5*/6*?   Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:57 am

I picked Adelaide as my first 2* leader, but that quickly changed when I picked up 6* Beatrix in a single Dark Elf draw.

My first 5* would be Heidemarie, took me a few tries though :X, managed to nab Caecilia at rank 184 thanks to her, had a lot of bad luck duels where your opponent would spam all their skills and none of your units do anything.

Partenope would be my first 4* that I got from those weekly premium tickets you get for free

3* that would be the knight you get for using someone's ref code.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Destini411



Join date : 2012-09-22
Posts : 14

PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia - your first 2*/3*/4*/5*/6*?   Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:47 am

2 Like a Star @ heaven my first 2* was an Adelaide. She have all type attack and bigger sum of stats, then Alicia. I train her to 37 before I get...
4 Like a Star @ heaven Gloria in Dark Tower event. So I pass 3 Like a Star @ heaven .then I buy my next leader Angela. She was awesome! S speed double her attack, and poison too. I train her max in Colosseum event. Then I use she to trade for...
5 Like a Star @ heaven Camille. After Colosseum I have many lvld 4* card. I sell some for TE and luna. Buy Lieselotte for 1m to train her for max and sell for more price. In same time i look rare card report to find 1lvl 5* cheap. I find camille. Her owner want to trade her for 5*. But after 1 day I see on my board that player still have cam and want trade with me. I was happy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sharpyzu
☆☆


Join date : 2012-09-28
Posts : 220

PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia - your first 2*/3*/4*/5*/6*?   Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:17 pm

Just got my first 5* (excluding fiona): Meg.

I traded my sonia for a Meg... I assume there are less megs floating around, and according to strussell(or w/e his name is)'s list, Meg is top tier 5*...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gunzlinger
Gravedigger [Retired]


Join date : 2012-09-20
Posts : 168

PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia - your first 2*/3*/4*/5*/6*?   Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:00 pm

2* - Alicia, since she could hit airbornes. I also used Orlando, because... who doesn't like the Lightning Count from FFT? >_>;
After I got Jane, I dropped Alicia like a hot potato. KB wins games.

3* - Pretty sure my first 3* was Neil. He hit 30 before I dropped him.

4* - Realized I wasn't getting anywhere with normal grind, so I dropped a little on a megabox. Got an Angela, and she became an instant favorite. I love S-rank stats, and she crapped on Mummies. My current leader, however, is Samantha. She's godly.

5* - Sonia, Sonia, Sonia. Still have to reincarnate her, though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Valhades
☆☆


Join date : 2012-09-09
Posts : 155

PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia - your first 2*/3*/4*/5*/6*?   Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:05 pm

sharpyzu wrote:
Just got my first 5* (excluding fiona): Meg.

I traded my sonia for a Meg... I assume there are less megs floating around, and according to strussell(or w/e his name is)'s list, Meg is top tier 5*...

I would take his list with a grain of salt -- his list is based on his own theory crafting calculations and not actual usefulness/value (he doesn't appear to have any 6* himself either). There's a ton of flaws if you look beyond a purely mathematical standpoint. Vlad should be top tier (his usefulness has proven unmatched by far against Black Dragon in this event, for instance), Nina shouldn't be because her stats are pretty bad and she's really only useful in events with cost in effect, etc. I would listen to players who have been around longer that have actually owned the cards to comment on them.

You should have kept Sonia, Meg is an unwanted card hence it's price tanking so fast. There is a large surplus of her because of people ripping through boxes trying to get Octavia (who is the best missile unit at the moment). I myself traded away no fewer than 8 or 9 of Meg. Their value isn't that different at the moment although if I had to say, Sonia is probably worth about 10 TEs more and possibly even more than that after the recruitment event ends.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gunzlinger
Gravedigger [Retired]


Join date : 2012-09-20
Posts : 168

PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia - your first 2*/3*/4*/5*/6*?   Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:07 pm

Valhades wrote:
sharpyzu wrote:
Just got my first 5* (excluding fiona): Meg.

I traded my sonia for a Meg... I assume there are less megs floating around, and according to strussell(or w/e his name is)'s list, Meg is top tier 5*...

I would take his list with a grain of salt -- his list is based on his own theory crafting calculations and not actual usefulness/value (he doesn't appear to have any 6* himself either). There's a ton of flaws if you look beyond a purely mathematical standpoint. Vlad should be top tier (his usefulness has proven unmatched by far against Black Dragon in this event, for instance), Nina shouldn't be because her stats are pretty bad and she's really only useful in events with cost in effect, etc. I would listen to players who have been around longer that have actually owned the cards to comment on them.

You should have kept Sonia, Meg is an unwanted card hence it's price tanking so fast. There is a large surplus of her because of people ripping through boxes trying to get Octavia (who is the best missile unit at the moment). I myself traded away no fewer than 8 or 9 of Meg. Their value isn't that different at the moment although if I had to say, Sonia is probably worth about 10 TEs more and possibly even more than that after the recruitment event ends.

There's also the 1-in-the-hand=2-in-the-bush mentality here.
What if he can't recruit Sonia?

Of course, your points are also valid.

I had thought about making a solely 4* tier list, for the average player.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
profile4
Tyrant of the End [LEGENDARY]


Join date : 2012-09-14
Posts : 305

PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia - your first 2*/3*/4*/5*/6*?   Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:18 pm

Like a Star @ heaven - never used a 1*
Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven - Alicia, loved her art when I first started!
Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven - Johann, he amazed me when I first got him. He mowed through the early levels like they were nothing, and him with Alicia destroyed everything that came at them.
Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven - Partenope, I got a lvl32 one a few days after I started for 220k. I used it for about a week till I bought a box.
Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven - Stefan, I traded max yuri, max Agnes, and 50 TE for him. He was pretty good but I soon traded him off since I didn't like his sprite.
Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven - None yet, but I plan on getting one with some of the birthday money I am getting this week ^_^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sharpyzu
☆☆


Join date : 2012-09-28
Posts : 220

PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia - your first 2*/3*/4*/5*/6*?   Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:51 pm

Gunzlinger wrote:
Valhades wrote:
sharpyzu wrote:
Just got my first 5* (excluding fiona): Meg.

I traded my sonia for a Meg... I assume there are less megs floating around, and according to strussell(or w/e his name is)'s list, Meg is top tier 5*...

I would take his list with a grain of salt -- his list is based on his own theory crafting calculations and not actual usefulness/value (he doesn't appear to have any 6* himself either). There's a ton of flaws if you look beyond a purely mathematical standpoint. Vlad should be top tier (his usefulness has proven unmatched by far against Black Dragon in this event, for instance), Nina shouldn't be because her stats are pretty bad and she's really only useful in events with cost in effect, etc. I would listen to players who have been around longer that have actually owned the cards to comment on them.

You should have kept Sonia, Meg is an unwanted card hence it's price tanking so fast. There is a large surplus of her because of people ripping through boxes trying to get Octavia (who is the best missile unit at the moment). I myself traded away no fewer than 8 or 9 of Meg. Their value isn't that different at the moment although if I had to say, Sonia is probably worth about 10 TEs more and possibly even more than that after the recruitment event ends.

There's also the 1-in-the-hand=2-in-the-bush mentality here.
What if he can't recruit Sonia?

Of course, your points are also valid.

I had thought about making a solely 4* tier list, for the average player.


Yup. Recruiting Sonia also takes some amount of effort, and I'd assume that as many Megs there are, there are probably more sonias around... 
at least 2k sonias.

But thank you for your input, valhades. I appreciate it. However, as you are so experienced in this game (by far no.1 in this event), what do you think
 of the 5 and 6* heroes, from a purely usefulness perspective, and not economic?


Last edited by sharpyzu on Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
basiliskeye



Join date : 2012-09-30
Posts : 63

PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia - your first 2*/3*/4*/5*/6*?   Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:59 pm

Just hold on to the Meg, sure she is not worth a lot now, but give it about 2 months and see what happens.
Cards get scarce quick when nobody can pull them anymore.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
memphiskite
Battalion General [LEGENDARY]


Join date : 2012-09-15
Posts : 1751

PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia - your first 2*/3*/4*/5*/6*?   Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:02 pm

basiliskeye wrote:
Just hold on to the Meg, sure she is not worth a lot now, but give it about 2 months and see what happens.
Cards get scarce quick when nobody can pull them anymore.
Keeping my spare Megs then.... and probably max them out for more profit...? :3
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.memphiskite.deviantart.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia - your first 2*/3*/4*/5*/6*?   Today at 5:08 am

Back to top Go down
 
Nostalgia - your first 2*/3*/4*/5*/6*?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Newton and Redfern's 80s PBS nostalgia
» Nostalgia Critic reviews Sailor Moon
» The Nostalgia Critic's Review of Sailor Moon
» Gutermann Nostalgic Threads In A Tin
» Plane for Cox Collection

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Fantasica :: Game Discussion-
Jump to: