HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

Fantasica: The Official Comprehensive FAQ for Device Registration

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Soggytoaster
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Fantasica: The Official Comprehensive FAQ for Device Registration    Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:07 am

They really screwed people over with this device registration.
I can see the need for it but it is a little extreme. Perhaps it will improve in the future...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Fantasica: The Official Comprehensive FAQ for Device Registration    Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:10 am

Soggytoaster wrote:
I can see the need for it but it is a little extreme. Perhaps it will improve in the future...
Like how I provided the 'false , misleading conclusion' previously. Now thats the improvement I want.

What are you looking at? Razz

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Soggytoaster
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Fantasica: The Official Comprehensive FAQ for Device Registration    Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:12 am

StarOnyx wrote:
Soggytoaster wrote:
Like how I provided the 'false , misleading conclusion' previously. Now thats the improvement I want.

True that.
A shame we cannot get a straight answer with these kind of questions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blargod
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Fantasica: The Official Comprehensive FAQ for Device Registration    Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:52 pm

Soggytoaster wrote:
I can see the need for it but it is a little extreme.

I don't even see a need for it. In the past, you cannot 'exchange' the device registration on your Fantasica account. Now, in the event that someone makes an unauthorized access to your account, they can simply deregister (easily emulated and what not) your device and take away all your cards. This device registration also doesn't stop people from making dummy accounts if they really wanted to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Fantasica: The Official Comprehensive FAQ for Device Registration    Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:16 am

Blargod wrote:
Soggytoaster wrote:

I don't even see a need for it. In the past, you cannot 'exchange' the device registration on your Fantasica account. Now, in the event that someone makes an unauthorized access to your account, they can simply deregister (easily emulated and what not) your device and take away all your cards. This device registration also doesn't stop people from making dummy accounts if they really wanted to.

I agree, at least the Device Registration didn't really screw things that badly.
Making dummy accounts was one of the methods to farm TE too, perhaps they did it to prevent this and maybe this is the cause of the economy today.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blargod
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Fantasica: The Official Comprehensive FAQ for Device Registration    Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:46 pm

KuroStar wrote:
Blargod wrote:
Soggytoaster wrote:

I agree, at least the Device Registration didn't really screw things that badly.
Making dummy accounts was one of the methods to farm TE too, perhaps they did it to prevent this and maybe this is the cause of the economy today.

Yup. I sort of understood why they did it (in order to help people who had to switch phones), but I mean if you're going to lift the restriction in this manner, why even bother putting the device registration at all? Coupled with the fact that mobage employees and even SS employees don't even understand the registration process = some people were screwed.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Fantasica: The Official Comprehensive FAQ for Device Registration    Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:53 pm

Blargod wrote:
KuroStar wrote:
Blargod wrote:
Soggytoaster wrote:

Yup. I sort of understood why they did it (in order to help people who had to switch phones), but I mean if you're going to lift the restriction in this manner, why even bother putting the device registration at all? Coupled with the fact that mobage employees and even SS employees don't even understand the registration process = some people were screwed.
That is why I created this FAQ so people will not be mistake the info provided by Mobage.
The Device Registration prevents other players from hacking in case some one other than yourself knows your password and username.

The problem is our sense of responsibility if someone makes unauthorised access to your account.
Why not protect your username and password in the first place.

Now I have to disagree with the dummy accounts farming, otherwise the economy would not have been so shet right now. One dummy account=One device
Like anyone can create so many accounts and expect to farm by buying so many devices.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blargod
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Fantasica: The Official Comprehensive FAQ for Device Registration    Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:43 pm

KuroStar wrote:
Blargod wrote:
KuroStar wrote:
Blargod wrote:
Soggytoaster wrote:

That is why I created this FAQ so people will not be mistake the info provided by Mobage.
The Device Registration prevents other players from hacking in case some one other than yourself knows your password and username.

The problem is our sense of responsibility if someone makes unauthorised access to your account.
Why not protect your username and password in the first place.

Now I have to disagree with the dummy accounts farming, otherwise the economy would not have been so shet right now. One dummy account=One device
Like anyone can create so many accounts and expect to farm by buying so many devices.

Well... there's a way to fake your device without having to buy a new one. Of course I can't say that here... The only reason why people aren't doing it is probably because of the level 31 trade restriction and not the device restriction itself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rasta

PostSubject: Re: Fantasica: The Official Comprehensive FAQ for Device Registration    Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:23 pm

Hey, so i have a question, i'm going to be buying my android on friday, switching off of iOS. Is it just as simple as registering on my android like this says and my account is completely there, i wont lose a single thing and this is a guarantee? I just kind of want to make sure lol, played this game long enough to not want to lose everything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Fantasica: The Official Comprehensive FAQ for Device Registration    Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:45 am

Rasta wrote:
Hey, so i have a question, i'm going to be buying my android on friday, switching off of iOS. Is it just as simple as registering on my android like this says and my account is completely there, i wont lose a single thing and this is a guarantee? I just kind of want to make sure lol, played this game long enough to not want to lose everything.
You will not lose anything from your account. You won't lose any of your items for registering another device, don't worry Wink

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simorelly

PostSubject: Device Registration, do you never had problem with it?   Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:54 am

Hi, I never wanted to open a topic like this, but it happens and now I am panicked.

4/5 days ago I did a system update on my Samsung Galaxy S2. Until that time I played Fantasica without any problems, after the update I noticed some problems. Sometimes the game had some lags and when the lag was too much it crashed. But the real problem is that after one of these crash, when I restarted the game, it said me that my device wasn't registered! The first time I simply re-registered and everything was ok but today the situation is completely different... I woke up, played a little, and my phone wasn't registered again!!! So I did the same thing, go to Inbox and try to re-re-register... This time nothing, the game said that I have already registered in other device (false).

So... I sent an email to mobage and they told me that I have to uninstall Fantasica, clear the cache, and reinstall with the latest update. I did, but always nothing... I have some doubts... Is the update implemented into the game in Google Play or is it in another place or has it a separated space in the market? Obviously I didn't share my password with anybody and never used my account in other devices...

If someone of you have got the same experience please tell me how did you get out... I'm really scared, I don't want to quit...

Thanks...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Craft

PostSubject: Re: Fantasica: The Official Comprehensive FAQ for Device Registration    Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:35 am

It's really cool that they actually responded to your help request!

I hate to even suggest it, but if you're absolutely dead-set on getting things working again you could always restore factory settings on your phone, or (if you haven't already) mount it as a file system and double-check to make sure no residual files remain.

I'm sure you'll get the problem worked out eventually, but if you don't figure things out soon, PM me. I work professionally developing iOS apps, so I know a couple desperation moves you might be able to try.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Fantasica: The Official Comprehensive FAQ for Device Registration    Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:05 am

Moderators,please merge this with my device registration FAQ. You are not the only one experiencing this. Apparently,the device totally unregisters itself due to some glitch in android devices lately. Send Mobage an email immediately as this is a bug! To test if your device is still registered, ask other players to trade something to you and check if they can trade items and units. If there is an error message saying the person has not registered, send an email to Mobage regarding this, saying your device has unregistered itself completely. Also, please try to test registering on another device at YOUR OWN RISK!

Craft wrote:
It's really cool that they actually responded to your help request!

I hate to even suggest it, but if you're absolutely dead-set on getting things working again you could always restore factory settings on your phone, or (if you haven't already) mount it as a file system and double-check to make sure no residual files remain.

I'm sure you'll get the problem worked out eventually, but if you don't figure things out soon, PM me. I work professionally developing iOS apps, so I know a couple desperation moves you might be able to try.
Factory settings doesn't really affect device registration and I believe Device Registration has something to do with the IMEI. I think

If you do solve this, please PM me your solution and I'll update it on the FAQ immediately amd be specific.

Last edited by KuroStar on Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Android Bug Alert   Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:34 am

There is an Android Bug present. More details are posted in the FAQ

Last edited by KuroStar on Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: Fantasica: The Official Comprehensive FAQ for Device Registration    Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:36 pm

Merging Smile

Wanna Know What I Do In My Free Time? Click here

Back to top Go down
View user profile
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: Fantasica: The Official Comprehensive FAQ for Device Registration    Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:37 pm

KuroStar wrote:
*Android Bug Alert
There seems to be problem with some players on Android devices with their accounts unregistering itself amd unablw to re-register on the same device they're still using. Their device has thus become unregistered permanently but their accounts have no record of any device registered to the affected accounts.
To those who are affected, please read the text below.
Send Mobage details on the device you're using,your Mobage name and Mobage ID (e.g 52238608) and other details that Mobage might need. Kindly also mention that no device is registered to your account as Mobage might be thinking that your device has an error message of being unregistered but your device is still registered.

Also, go to setting, apps, find Fanta, clear data, then uninstall, then reinstall...

Wanna Know What I Do In My Free Time? Click here

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simorelly

PostSubject: Re: Fantasica: The Official Comprehensive FAQ for Device Registration    Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:52 am

They replied to me with this:

Hello,

Since it seems that you became unregistered even though you have registered before, please provide us the following information so that we can properly assist you with this concern:

Registered Gamer name:
Registered Email:
Device type:
Device OS:
Mobage ID:
Game Name:
Game version:

We hope to hear from you soon.

Kind regards,
The Fantasica Support Team
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Fantasica: The Official Comprehensive FAQ for Device Registration    Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:41 am

Version 3.2.2
Android Bug Alert is at No.6

Back to top Go down
View user profile
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Fantasica: The Official Comprehensive FAQ for Device Registration    Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:30 am

To those who are affected by the bugs(Simorelly) , is there any update from Mobage?

Version 3.3 is out and currently looking for solutions to the android bugs ongoing.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Fantasica: The Official Comprehensive FAQ for Device Registration    Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:46 am

More people are having their device unregistered mysteriously!!!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simorelly

PostSubject: Re: Fantasica: The Official Comprehensive FAQ for Device Registration    Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:51 am

KuroStar wrote:
To those who are affected by the bugs(Simorelly) , is there any update from Mobage?

Version 3.3 is out and currently looking for solutions to the android bugs ongoing.

I'm still waiting their respond and I'm having very big problems in game cause I'm playing an Online Game in Single Player... This game is based on others players, if my phone isn't registered I don't have connections, no trades, no Inbox (tons of tickets inside). I really thought that this issue could resolve early... I want a 6* card at my choice for moral damages when this will end.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wiri

PostSubject: Register Device   Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:17 pm

Can someone tell me where to register the device?
I am trying to register an ipad btw
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kadaan
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Fantasica: The Official Comprehensive FAQ for Device Registration    Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:25 am

This probably belongs over in FAQ -- Got Questions? Ask Here!.

You register your device by clicking the "Register Device" button in the bottom left corner of your inbox in-game.

View user profile http://www.fantasicawiki.com/
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Fantasica: The Official Comprehensive FAQ for Device Registration    Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:53 am

For your information, there is a Device Registration FAQ that is made by me.
Now I feel it has to be made a sticky....
MERGE PLEASE!
http://www.fantasicaunofficial.com/t4270-the-comprehensive-faq-for-device-registration-version-33

Back to top Go down
View user profile
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Fantasica: The Official Comprehensive FAQ for Device Registration    Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:07 am

Bumping this as players do not seem to know there is such a FAQ that exists.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fantasica: The Official Comprehensive FAQ for Device Registration    Today at 2:54 am

Back to top Go down

Fantasica: The Official Comprehensive FAQ for Device Registration
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next