HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

Getting an android tablet

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Esofonic
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Getting an android tablet   Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:24 pm

pnoytroi wrote:
K, when I was getting my phone fixed, the tech support guy suggested getting an Asus as opposed to Samsung Galaxy Tablet ...

Any thoughts on Asus?

How's your Samsung holding up?

I'm playing fanta with my Google Nexus 7 WIFI (just updated to 4.2.2 stock rom recently and rooted). So far, flawless.. santa

And I agree, Samsung is also very good but can't really compare them to my gnex since I dont own any Samsung tab. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Soggytoaster
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Getting an android tablet   Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:50 pm

pnoytroi wrote:
K, when I was getting my phone fixed, the tech support guy suggested getting an Asus as opposed to Samsung Galaxy Tablet ...

Any thoughts on Asus?

I never owned an Asus android based tablet myself but I worked with
them a fair bit. They are quite sturdy and responsive. I also prefer a lot
of the additions you can get for them. Samsung seems to lead the android
market though. I buy a lot of Asus products and never have any issues Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crowex
ADMIN

PostSubject: Re: Getting an android tablet   Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:26 pm

My older brother has a 13 inch Asus Transformer. One of the main things I see is that when compared to my Archos 101 G9, Asus can have about 13 apps open and switch to them without any delay versus mine can have maybe 7 or 8 open without any lag.

POPULARITY LIST SEASON TWO, WEEK ONE UNDER WAY!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fantasicaunofficial.com
myad
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Getting an android tablet   Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:14 pm

pnoytroi wrote:

Any thoughts on Asus?

got an Asus Transformer TF 101 and at one time, Padfone2 (sold it off after 2 months of use).

the Asus TF101 is good. one solid product. but hardly use it these days coz... i realised i'm not really into tablet.

as for the PadFone2. also nice... but i realised i still need microSD card. otherwise, the screen on the phone is really nice.

having said that, Asus Padfone refresh cycle seems to be like 6 months. every 6 months or so, Asus seems to be releasing a new version. Latest being PadFone Infinity.

In terms of software updates and fixing bugs, Asus is really very good. they are prompt. however, the hardware build quality is something else. i had minor light bleeding on the screen. there's also that weird popping sound from my Padfone 2.

if you google for Nexus 7 issues, screen popping up seems to top the list... i'd say that the screen pop up is a real concern but applies only to Nexus 7, i guess. otherwise, the rest are small issues -- example, the light bleed... its oly obvious during start up when the screen is all black.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
myad
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Getting an android tablet   Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:16 pm

between Samsung and Asus...

Asus likes to keep things to bare minimum. meaning you get almost the stock android feel.

as for Samsung, they like to add lots of value-added stuffs like s-pen... or on their phones, things like Smart View, Smart rotation, Smart Stay, etc...

price wise, i feel both are overpriced, especially Asus since they dun add any value-added software into the android and still charge a lot...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Esofonic
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Getting an android tablet   Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:33 pm

myad wrote:

got an Asus Transformer TF 101 and at one time, Padfone2 (sold it off after 2 months of use).

the Asus TF101 is good. one solid product. but hardly use it these days coz... i realised i'm not really into tablet.

as for the PadFone2. also nice... but i realised i still need microSD card. otherwise, the screen on the phone is really nice.

having said that, Asus Padfone refresh cycle seems to be like 6 months. every 6 months or so, Asus seems to be releasing a new version. Latest being PadFone Infinity.

In terms of software updates and fixing bugs, Asus is really very good. they are prompt. however, the hardware build quality is something else. i had minor light bleeding on the screen. there's also that weird popping sound from my Padfone 2.

if you google for Nexus 7 issues, screen popping up seems to top the list... i'd say that the screen pop up is a real concern but applies only to Nexus 7, i guess. otherwise, the rest are small issues -- example, the light bleed... its oly obvious during start up when the screen is all black.

Looks like I'm one of those lucky guy that didn't have any issue with my GNex 7.. Smile

Well, choosing between asus and samsung is hard. Both have their own features and usually very tweakable. Whether just a simple rooting or tampering with the hardware, we can easily find the method all over the internet.. Well for the famous device it is...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pnoytroi
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: Getting an android tablet   Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:19 pm

Yea... I was almost tempted to get the samsung, but opted for Asus Transformer TF700 or whatever the model is. The whole keybaord attachment was what made it for me. I don't want to use a stylus pen on that thing, as with that I can get around pretty well for [an expensive] book reader.

Will see how it lives up to what I have heard from others about it.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting an android tablet   Today at 9:35 am

Back to top Go down

Getting an android tablet
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2