HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

Get Scamm While Album Swap

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mattcc12

PostSubject: Get Scamm While Album Swap   Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:20 am

hey everyone, guys and gals,

I hope you all enjoy the game so far.
Today I just want to share a story of mine about being scam on an album swap, and hope that other people
after listen to my story will be more cautious. I just don't want more victim like me.

Toady I ask my ex- ally dennis955 (ID 41566445) for an album swap, to album his Paulita, and Cecilla, and in return
I give him 2 5* card to album in a fair trade, to prove I am honest to him. At first, i gave him Berhard and Frazcia to album,
but he said he already album it so he ask me for other 5* to trade, and in the end he ask for my edgar (lvl 95) and erhard (lvl 57) to swap for album,
but once we swap, he un allied me, and he never trade, and message me back, he also find another player to message me for ally to clean up all the evidence he wrote
on my message board.

I just want to share this to you all to let you know, when you trade, you have to be VERY VERY CAUTIOUS, even with ally ( coz some ppl just want to earn your trust.....)
because I put alot of effort to do lvl it up and collect it, and I believe many other players out there just like me too.
I just hope there will be no more victim like me again.

Thanks for reading......
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tzerherman
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: Get Scamm While Album Swap   Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:43 am

Again, this thread should be posted under 'Game Discussion'. But yes i agree, NEVER DO ALBUM TRADES, ULESS ITS FAIR, OR YOU EXPLICITLY TRUST THEM. I was scammed this way once, lost 3 5*s in total. Watch out and goodluck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Heidelberg

PostSubject: Re: Get Scamm While Album Swap   Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:58 am

Aww man, I'll be very careful, album trade is scary,
so what can a middleman do if this case happened with the middleman service,
I wonder . . . Shocked

and I'll remember that name clearly for my record!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mattcc12

PostSubject: Re: Get Scamm While Album Swap   Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:50 am

I am so sorry
this is my first time to post.

Should I post there again?

I will remember that from now on, thx for reminding Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RisingAboveThis
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: Get Scamm While Album Swap   Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:53 am

Same happened to Soulsign. Lost his Aggripina to a scammer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]

PostSubject: Re: Get Scamm While Album Swap   Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:59 am

Thread moved to game discussion.

But yes, I posted the "how to not get scammed" sticky for this very reason. Album trades are probably the most common way I've seen people get scammed. If it doesn't seem like a good deal, don't do it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Heidelberg

PostSubject: Re: Get Scamm While Album Swap   Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:14 am

Hey, It'd be great if someone make scammers list so then we can share to the others! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]

PostSubject: Re: Get Scamm While Album Swap   Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:17 am

I've considered having a thread for that somewhere, the issue is people reporting "scams" and then not really having evidence, or having it be hear-say. We've already had forum drama over scams because no one likes being called out on it, haha. Laughing

There was another thread warning people about a user so we could potentially just have one where people can post name, ID, and discuss what happened.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mattcc12

PostSubject: Re: Get Scamm While Album Swap   Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:20 pm

Yeah, there are many ppl stolen cards out there,
One of my ally got her Nina stolen from other scammer called Ancientstonn (49536461)
and reported it to Mobage, but in the end I just received the message said
they blacklist her and she decide to quite the game.

this really sucks... I would say....
I also email them hope i am not the next one to be blacklistd,.... and get my card back Crying or Very sad

I also encourage everyone to collect evidence to prove your lost, take screenshot is the best way to prove I believe....
screenshot whatever you can, sincerely suggests!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]

PostSubject: Re: Get Scamm While Album Swap   Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:25 pm

My suggestion is to just not do album trades period unless you're okay with losing the card for whatever collateral you receive.

Unfortunately, you choose to conduct those trades, so I have a hard time seeing what devs of the game could do, since technically you agreed to the trade.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Strenhelden
Terror of the End [Rare]

PostSubject: Re: Get Scamm While Album Swap   Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:03 pm

I agree with clock.

I only album trade with maybe 3 people for anything above a 4*. And even then, I ask / provide collateral so that the trade will be fair.

I don't think I'd even album trade 6*s :/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ptrang

PostSubject: Re: Get Scamm While Album Swap   Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:06 pm

Do you think album trades would be more secure if we were using a middleman?

I personally think that album trades should not be done period. Unless you have IRL friends that play. Having legit album trades that aren't part of a scam gives people the false sense of hope.

BTW first post yay
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]

PostSubject: Re: Get Scamm While Album Swap   Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:09 pm

Welcome to the forums ptrang! (:

And no, middleman cannot secure your album trades. Album trades typically don't involve >5 cards and there is nothing to force the person to give the card back once they have it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crowex
ADMIN

PostSubject: Re: Get Scamm While Album Swap   Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:10 pm

Middleman trading wouldn't help here. Album trades are a huge risk for anyone. I've album traded Stren's 6* but honestly, I don't care much for units so albuming with me is a terrible example. It's up to each person to decide on who to trust.

The only advice I can give is that an album trade should be equal on both parts. You're selling Sheryl for a 5* and 3M? Then ask that for more than that for collateral.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fantasicaunofficial.com
ptrang

PostSubject: Re: Get Scamm While Album Swap   Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:18 pm

I typically respond with. "Ask me again and I will album trade you my Battle cool down for your 10k." The policy set forth by Silicon Studios further do not promote album trades.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crowex
ADMIN

PostSubject: Re: Get Scamm While Album Swap   Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:19 pm

ptrang wrote:
I typically respond with. "Ask me again and I will album trade you my Battle cool down for your 10k." The policy set forth by Silicon Studios further do not promote album trades.

Sadly, for collectors that want to fill their albums, if album trading didn't happen, they would never come close to filling it 0.o

And yeah, album trading is really risky.
Back to top Go down
ptrang

PostSubject: Re: Get Scamm While Album Swap   Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:30 pm

So with all the holes that we're poking into this game, is it time for us to gather a bunch of devs and make a new game similar to this? Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Valhades
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Get Scamm While Album Swap   Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:36 pm

Crowex wrote:
ptrang wrote:

Sadly, for collectors that want to fill their albums, if album trading didn't happen, they would never come close to filling it 0.o

And yeah, album trading is really risky.

Besides album trading... there is still trading.

Until recently, I only had Gloria and Monica 6*s cataloged in my album. Yesterday I decided to trade my spare Monica for a Vlad (for myself) and Faith (which my girlfriend wanted). However, not many people have both of those cards -- or want Monica. So here's what basically happened:

Monica > Petra & Reinhard
Reinhard > Dorothea
Dorothea > Faith & Charles
Petra & Charles & 3 5*s > Vlad

So basically I cataloged Petra, Reinhard, Dorothea, and Charles in my quest to trade for Vlad/Faith (who were also new entries). As mentioned many times before, the key thing is never accept a trade that is not equal or in your favor regardless of circumstances. As shown above, flipping 6*s is a solid way to complete your album, granted you need a 6* card in the first place to do it. I also think this is a far better idea than album trading because you will then be able to estimate the value of every single card you come across -- a valuable skill in a game as trade-oriented as this one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ptrang

PostSubject: Re: Get Scamm While Album Swap   Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:39 pm

Well, that's the whole idea of "trading up". I mean, yeah completion of an album is cool. But trading for album and trading it back IMO is a cop-out way of collecting the card. I mean, you didn't really collect it. You can't say "Yeah! I had a Vlad once". All you can say is that your album has one less shaded picture.

No offense to album collectors that trade albums, but after this weekend, people that get scammed in this way should stop complaining (unless they havent been informed/noobs)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crowex
ADMIN

PostSubject: Re: Get Scamm While Album Swap   Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:45 pm

That's why I only collect Monsters XD They're buyable. Except Succubus and 9-tailed Fox. But those two will be around a while.
Back to top Go down
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]

PostSubject: Re: Get Scamm While Album Swap   Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:47 pm

Albums are for people who like the collectible aspect. There are so many cards in the game that I don't really want to keep one of each 2* around, you know? But an album lets you catalogue it.

Still though, I am always a bit surprised by people who get scammed via album trades, since it's an easy thing to prevent (though I have definitely done a few album trades that may not have been worth the collateral, so there's always an element of risk. But in the case of 5*s or 6*s you'd have to have a really good offer for me to accept it anyway).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Get Scamm While Album Swap   Today at 3:02 am

Back to top Go down

Get Scamm While Album Swap
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1