HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

First 6* Comparison & Advice?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
aszutai
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: First 6* Comparison & Advice?   Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:54 pm

Not sure if this belonged to it's own topic or should be merged with another topic on the forums Neutral

Hello fellow players, currently I'm saving up to acquire my "first" 6*, getting close to get all the resources I need, another event or two more and I should have enough Very Happy

I've been using my ally's 6* units up til now so I have some general idea of which ones I want that will be with in my reach. Originally I was just planning on getting Paris, but I noticed Monica is also within the same price range. I know both are good units (not to mention good art as well), Paris I wasn't able to use too much due to my ally's timezone differences, but Monica so far have been a very useful unit, able to out perform most other units in just about any situation.

I'm still interested in getting Paris since it seems like my allies will find a melee 6* more than helpful, but Monica might be able to overcome the class different just through her sheer amount of dps power. Then there's the skills, Poison vs Slow.

So far I'm leaning towards getting Monica, though I do like the art & sprite of Paris slightly better (matters to me personally lol) and she's a B speed so that'll help during Arena events as well. Although since Paris is new and is included in the standard box set, I'm afraid her value will continue to go down until her price reached a stable level.... Hum ( ̄へ ̄)

Wonder's what are you guys' thought on this? Thanks in advance for the advices Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.genbustudios.com
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: First 6* Comparison & Advice?   Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:45 pm

I'll allow it, but only because4 I don't know where it will go...any suggestions?

Wanna Know What I Do In My Free Time? Click here

Back to top Go down
View user profile
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: First 6* Comparison & Advice?   Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:00 pm

Well, you are one of my allies but I will do my best to divorce my interests from your interests.

I would say get what you want! This is a game, played for fun! Why spend the HUGE amount of resources for a 6* and only be concerned for it's stats? I would get the one YOU like better and to hell with the allies who don't like it!

If I had to choose between the two, I would prolly choose Monica just because she is HUGE dps and she is easily tradable in the future for other 6*s.

Quote :
[19:59:06] Varis : madman is correct

Quote :
[15:09:58] hereticloki : madman is fair

Quote :
[12:39:12] @ Crowex : Azn is right.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Callanthe
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: First 6* Comparison & Advice?   Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:16 pm

I'm thinking about who to get for my first 6* too lol, and there are apparently several options available.

1. Trade for a low price 6*. Charles or Reinhard.
2. Trade for a mid-low price 6*. Anastasia/Petra?
3. Trade for a mid-high price 6*. Paris/Monica.

Paris is my dream card, but I'm hoping her price continues to go down since she is part of the standard packs and is slightly overshadowed by Fenrir(?).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ChibiLeen
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: First 6* Comparison & Advice?   Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:28 pm

themadmanazn wrote:
Well, you are one of my allies but I will do my best to divorce my interests from your interests.

I would say get what you want! This is a game, played for fun! Why spend the HUGE amount of resources for a 6* and only be concerned for it's stats? I would get the one YOU like better and to hell with the allies who don't like it!

If I had to choose between the two, I would prolly choose Monica just because she is HUGE dps and she is easily tradable in the future for other 6*s.

This. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aszutai
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: First 6* Comparison & Advice?   Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:50 pm

@Predator I've no idea Neutral Honestly I've seen some new players asking similar questions for 5*s as well so maybe a general advice topic for people who are trying to decide which 5/6* they want?

ChibiLeen wrote:
themadmanazn wrote:

This. Smile

That's very true lol, I think I might just go with Monica; been wanting to get her since I started the game. Of course there's also the easy to trade factor as well should I want to trade her for another 6*. Thanks for the advice Very Happy

Also Monica's price is more stable I think. So I'll just grab Paris at a later time when her price drops more. Helps with my own team as well, since many of the cards I'm aiming to get are actually melee cards Razz

Callanthe wrote:
I'm thinking about who to get for my first 6* too lol, and there are apparently several options available.

1. Trade for a low price 6*. Charles or Reinhard.
2. Trade for a mid-low price 6*. Anastasia/Petra?
3. Trade for a mid-high price 6*. Paris/Monica.

Paris is my dream card, but I'm hoping her price continues to go down since she is part of the standard packs and is slightly overshadowed by Fenrir(?).

I'm pretty sure Paris's price will continue to drop Smile As for the 6*s, what are some of the things you're looking for in a 6*? I don't think I'm of much help, but I'm sure the others will be able to advice you a lot more than I can Wink
Back to top Go down
BkWiz
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: First 6* Comparison & Advice?   Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:18 pm

From a top player perspective, get the best all around unit you can afford.

Monica is definitely one of those.

The following units have outstanding cost/effectiveness ratios :

HMonica, Reamy, Paris, Monica, Succubus, 9Tails.

Beyond that units tend to become more specialized and for a first 6 you probably want effectiveness over specialializaltion.

You could also just do it based solely on looks however. Smile

I won't comment on prices/stability/market since I don't post those sort of things on the forums. :p
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aszutai
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: First 6* Comparison & Advice?   Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:37 pm

Thanks BK, for me I value both look of the unit & performance. Add cost/effectiveness in there then I would have Monica, Paris & Reamy on the list Razz

I'm going to start saving up for Paris after I get Moncia. After that I'm probably gonna try to get Hal/Lana if I don't have them by then Wink

That should keep me busy for the next month or two lol, thanks for the advice so far everyone Smile
Back to top Go down
sleepybryan
Slush Puddle [Retired]

PostSubject: Re: First 6* Comparison & Advice?   Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:06 pm

if i were you i aim for 6* that is te cheap and useful for arena, rationale is in this game the only event that makes owning a unit differential is arena. for other events you have allies to help you out.

i would not use D speed unit except AA in arena because a team of B units will use their skills on you before you have a chance and hence a higher likelihood of winning even if damage is higher.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
niteng85
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: First 6* Comparison & Advice?   Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:40 am

wait.. Paris and Monica have the same value?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aszutai
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: First 6* Comparison & Advice?   Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:52 am

Yea, I was surprised too since I was expecting Monica to be higher. Paris is a newer card and there's less copies of her right now so her price is higher than it otherwise would be I guess. There's the thing with the unit's card/sprite art as well, personally I like Paris' art slightly more.

Moncia I've seen around for 480-600+ TE when people are buying/selling her. Paris is lower but around similar range last I've seen. double checked the recent trades database just to make sure, so far their price seem to be in the similar range to me Neutral

And as usual, my personal observations and opinion; I can be completely wrong :p
Back to top Go down
niteng85
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: First 6* Comparison & Advice?   Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:01 am

haha.. is it.. means i might be able to trade my Max Paris for Max Monica..?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aszutai
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: First 6* Comparison & Advice?   Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:27 am

That depends on the seller, and you probably have to add some TE in there. But should be a workable deal I think? Lol, sorry I don't know enough to say more.

And I really need to sleep, tomorrow's gonna suck... @_@;
Back to top Go down
niteng85
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: First 6* Comparison & Advice?   Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:48 am

Haha.. Ok u go rest.. Thks for ur input Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whenesday
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: First 6* Comparison & Advice?   Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:59 am

I'll say go for Monica as like what Bkwiz says, she currently offers the best usability out of her current market prices.

I still have my Monica ever since I first pulled her, and will still keep her despite the sharp drops as she served me well =)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyte
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: First 6* Comparison & Advice?   Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:08 am

Monica easier to get as there is more in the market than compared to Paris, and as above sheer firepower helps most allies, unless your looking in specialization in particular events.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BkWiz
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: First 6* Comparison & Advice?   Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:24 pm

aszutai wrote:
Yea, I was surprised too since I was expecting Monica to be higher. Paris is a newer card and there's less copies of her right now so her price is higher than it otherwise would be I guess. There's the thing with the unit's card/sprite art as well, personally I like Paris' art slightly more.

Moncia I've seen around for 480-600+ TE when people are buying/selling her. Paris is lower but around similar range last I've seen. double checked the recent trades database just to make sure, so far their price seem to be in the similar range to me Neutral

And as usual, my personal observations and opinion; I can be completely wrong :p

The recent trade database is wrong.

Monica is still slightly higher than Paris.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aszutai
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: First 6* Comparison & Advice?   Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:37 pm

BkWiz wrote:
aszutai wrote:

She is slightly higher than Paris, sorry if I wasn't cleared on it. Unless you meant the TE value range for Monica is off as well Neutral

Edit:
Well, considering the market always changes, it's almost pointless to label a price on any of the cards that I'm not getting now. I'll just wait until I have around 400TE or more and see what's around that range Razz
Back to top Go down
BkWiz
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: First 6* Comparison & Advice?   Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:30 pm

aszutai wrote:
BkWiz wrote:
aszutai wrote:

She is slightly higher than Paris, sorry if I wasn't cleared on it. Unless you meant the TE value range for Monica is off as well Neutral

Edit:
Well, considering the market always changes, it's almost pointless to label a price on any of the cards that I'm not getting now. I'll just wait until I have around 400TE or more and see what's around that range Razz

Monica is around 100-200 more than Paris last I checked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aszutai
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: First 6* Comparison & Advice?   Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:04 pm

My price are from HoV event so wouldn't be surprised if they changed again, too busy working & grinding to check the leader board this event. During HoV I think the difference was 50-100TE based on the trade & offers that I've seen.

If Monica stays within the 100TE price difference range I'll get her, otherwise I'll probably just get Paris. Just need to wait and see, thanks for the heads up on price difference BK =w=
Back to top Go down
BkWiz
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: First 6* Comparison & Advice?   Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:21 pm

aszutai wrote:
My price are from HoV event so wouldn't be surprised if they changed again, too busy working & grinding to check the leader board this event. During HoV I think the difference was 50-100TE based on the trade & offers that I've seen.

If Monica stays within the 100TE price difference range I'll get her, otherwise I'll probably just get Paris. Just need to wait and see, thanks for the heads up on price difference BK =w=

Personally, I like Paris better between the two. Her art is nicer imo than Monica. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First 6* Comparison & Advice?   Today at 11:34 am

Back to top Go down

First 6* Comparison & Advice?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1