HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

NBA fanatics??

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
tzerherman
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: NBA fanatics??   Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:47 pm

Title says all haha, who follows the NBA?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jdelmundo

PostSubject: Re: NBA fanatics??   Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:21 pm

I recently bought an 8pack set of tickets for clipper games.

The opening game will be Grizzlies and Clippers (after that amazing 22pt comeback on Game 1). This is going to be a good game.

I also have tickets for Clippers vs Boston, Lakers x2, Miami Heat, Chicago bulls, OKC
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tzerherman
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: NBA fanatics??   Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:03 am

jdelmundo wrote:
I recently bought an 8pack set of tickets for clipper games.

The opening game will be Grizzlies and Clippers (after that amazing 22pt comeback on Game 1). This is going to be a good game.

I also have tickets for Clippers vs Boston, Lakers x2, Miami Heat, Chicago bulls, OKC
Ahh, a Clippers fan. Theyre pretty good, im lking the chris paul-blake griffin combo. At least you arent a lakers fan haha. Imma Boston fan so i cant stand Laker fans :p BOSTON FOR LIFE
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RisingAboveThis
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: NBA fanatics??   Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:52 pm

Personally, Im more of a NCAA Basketball kind of guy, so mainly I have favorite players, but not exactly a team. If I had to chose, I'd say im a San Antonio Spurs fan, since I grew up in Texas and loved watching Duncan + The Admiral (Robinson, yes he doesnt play anymore but this was a while ago) as a kid.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tzerherman
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: NBA fanatics??   Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:44 pm

Ahhh good. Theres no players i hate in the Spurs haha. In fact i LOVE watching Ginobilli play... great playmaker :-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RisingAboveThis
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: NBA fanatics??   Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:18 am

Me too Smile Love the teamwork on the Spurs- Reason why they are able to compete against these young teams even at being 32+ years old. Old dogs have some game! ;D But for as long as I remember, Poppavich has always stressed fundamentals.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jdelmundo

PostSubject: Re: NBA fanatics??   Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:24 pm

Pop is the best coach in the league. Also, I'm with Rising on this, I prefer the NCAA over pro ball.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RisingAboveThis
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: NBA fanatics??   Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:41 pm

College basketball is always my style; same way with football over NFL. I love how there is a ranking system, and that you HAVE to win 95% of your games in order to be competitive and be in the top 5 in the nation. And in college football, one loss costs your ENTIRE SEASON. That pressure on the teams makes it more entertaining imo; in pros, you can lose half of your games and still make playoffs Neutral Although, I love the intensity and fast pace of NBA because it's the best of the best.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jdelmundo

PostSubject: Re: NBA fanatics??   Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:00 pm

I like college football play, but not the format. The BCS is shady and makes no sense.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cuddytime

PostSubject: Re: NBA fanatics??   Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:29 pm

umm no football? haha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RisingAboveThis
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: NBA fanatics??   Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:42 pm

jdelmundo wrote:
I like college football play, but not the format. The BCS is shady and makes no sense.

I agree, I dislike that aspect. NCAA Football needs to learn from every other sport out there and implement a playoff system of the top 32 teams. The ranked 25 get automatic entry, the top 4 teams get their #1 seed birth, and then 7 wildcard teams.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tzerherman
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: NBA fanatics??   Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:52 pm

Not sure about all these football, NCAA systems haha... not American FYI Razz just love the NBA Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JaeKun
Android Mechanic [Rare]

PostSubject: Re: NBA fanatics??   Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:41 am

Haha im from miami and my favorite team is miami heat
>Very Happy finaly won and lebron got his ring.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tzerherman
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: NBA fanatics??   Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:43 am

JaeKun wrote:

NOOOOOO >Smile Its okay, its Boston's year again Very Happy Banner #18!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RisingAboveThis
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: NBA fanatics??   Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:36 am

JaeKun wrote:

Not a huge LeBron fan but he just had one of the best years in basketbal history.

NBA MVP
Finals MVP
NBA Championship
London 2012 Olympic Gold Medal

Like I said, not a fan, but those acolades in a single season are impressive.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tzerherman
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: NBA fanatics??   Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:22 am

RisingAboveThis wrote:
JaeKun wrote:

Not a huge LeBron fan but he just had one of the best years in basketbal history.

NBA MVP
Finals MVP
NBA Championship
London 2012 Olympic Gold Medal

Like I said, not a fan, but those acolades in a single season are impressive.
I agree with you, i dont really see why so many people hates him, the only people that should hate him are the Cleaveland fans... he a fun player to watch.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RisingAboveThis
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: NBA fanatics??   Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:24 pm

I just don't like how dramatic he made "THE DECISION" two summers ago and trash talked once he arrived in South Beach. "Not 1 not 2, not 3, not 4....not 6. All were gomna so is win championships"

Now, I dont root for Dallas often but I liked how that first year they lut lebron in his place. I think it humbled him. I like watching him play, but he just needs not to run at the mouth like he does. It just maybe Id like him if he didnt become like every athlete with a big ego out there. If he were humble, perhpss I'd like him more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tzerherman
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: NBA fanatics??   Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:04 am

RisingAboveThis wrote:
I just don't like how dramatic he made "THE DECISION" two summers ago and trash talked once he arrived in South Beach. "Not 1 not 2, not 3, not 4....not 6. All were gomna so is win championships"

Now, I dont root for Dallas often but I liked how that first year they lut lebron in his place. I think it humbled him. I like watching him play, but he just needs not to run at the mouth like he does. It just maybe Id like him if he didnt become like every athlete with a big ego out there. If he were humble, perhpss I'd like him more.
Yeah... Still Boston for life <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tzerherman
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: NBA fanatics??   Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:15 pm

Still cant get over the fact that Lakers now have an AMAZING line up.... Steve Nash on offense and Dwight Howard on defense? plus of course Kobe, who is consistently AMAZING and Pau Gasol who is still one of the top power forwards... I cant wait to see what they do, despite that im a Boston fan.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SwordArtist
Calabasa Carnivora [LEGENDARY]

PostSubject: Re: NBA fanatics??   Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:58 pm

The only sports I like are 1 vs. 1 sports, tennis, riflery, horseback riding etc.

If they had a 1 v 1 national basketball tournament, I'd definitely be a fan of that.

The only team sport I can imagine supporting, would be that of a Colosseum style bloodsport.

Not necessarily to the death, as contrary to common belief, only 10% of gladiators would die actually die on average during any single game. That is, unless it was to the special pre-condition of "to the death". And another thing, it would have to be 100% voluntary. No slaves or forced fights.

Slavery itself is not bad, if one personally chooses to become a slave in order to pay off debts, or for any other self-chosen reason. This is a matter of contract rights. What's wrong about slavery today are the same things that have always been wrong about it, the human rights violations. When slavery becomes institutionalized by government, it becomes ten times worse. Imagine if the government decided to enslave every adult 18+ who could not pay their portion of the 16 Trillion dollar national debt? Racism is natural though not ideal, but institutionalized/government racism is barbarous at best, demonic at worst. The only reason racist prejudice of blacks grew was because number 1, they were cheaply purchased.. Yes, most of them were bought from black tribal leaders whom had enslaved another tribe after having first conquered it themselves. Of course, without consent from the enslaved, slavery was and remains a scourge of humanity. Most people think teh days of slavery are over, but in fact they have moved underground. Human Trafficking as it is now called instead.. Is now prevalent throughout the world, but mostly centralized to a portion of Eastern Europe. Slaves of this age aren't black.. so who care right? The truth is the U.N. is in on the action, kidnapping eastern Europeans marketing them in the sex-trade. I swear this is true, it's been public since 1999, but they've all been given diplomatic immunity and not a single one has been charged or even fired ever.. Sports these days such as the Superbowl.. Notice all the advertisements? They aren't really about the sport anymore.. and are used to manipulate the minds and pocketbooks of the masses. $$$$ Sad

Last edited by SwordArtist on Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thelandof420.tumblr.com/
tzerherman
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: NBA fanatics??   Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:03 pm

SwordArtist wrote:
The only sports I like are 1 vs. 1 sports, tennis, riflery, horseback riding etc.

If they had a 1 v 1 national basketball tournament, I'd definitely be a fan of that.

The only team sport I can imagine supporting, would be that of a Colosseum style bloodsport.

Not necessarily to the death, as contrary to common belief, only 10% of gladiators would die actually die on average during any single game. That is, unless it was to the special pre-condition of "to the death". And another thing, it would have to be 100% voluntary. No slaves or forced fights.

Slavery itself is not bad, if one chooses personally chooses to become a slave in order to pay off debts. What's wrong are the human rights violations perpetrated upon them throughout the ages. When slavery becomes institutionalized by government, that is from where evil springs. Imagine if the government decided to enslave every adult 18+ who could not pay their portion of the 16 Trillion dollar national debt? Racism is natural though not ideal, but institutionalized/government racism is barbarous at best, demonic at worst. The only reason racist prejudice of blacks grew was because number 1, they were cheaply purchased.. Yes, most of them were bought from black tribal leaders whom had enslaved another tribe after having first conquered it themselves. Of course, without consent from the enslaved, slavery was and remains a scourge of humanity. Most people think teh days of slavery are over, but in fact they have moved underground. Human Trafficking as it is now called instead.. Is now prevalent throughout the world, but mostly centralized to a portion of Eastern Europe. Slaves of this age aren't black.. so who care right? The truth is the U.N. is in on the action Sad

You just have to write a paragraph for everything ahahaha. That being said, i watch almost every sport, except for "Stylish" sports (equastrian, ice skating, synchronized swimming), racing with vehicles (F1, Cycling), Cricket, Golf, and basically just not any sports that takes 4 hours or more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SwordArtist
Calabasa Carnivora [LEGENDARY]

PostSubject: Re: NBA fanatics??   Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:17 pm

[/quote]
You just have to write a paragraph for everything ahahaha. That being said, i watch almost every sport, except for "Stylish" sports (equastrian, ice skating, synchronized swimming), racing with vehicles (F1, Cycling), Cricket, Golf, and basically just not any sports that takes 4 hours or more. [/quote]

Haha.. Tzer! Yeah, that's cool. Time has certainly become a commodity these days, now more than ever.

And yes, I write em' long cuz often times I feel the truth(whatever that is) remains left unsaid.

I seek truth & justice in all things. Oh.. and the one other team sport I failed to mention I love, Le Mans Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thelandof420.tumblr.com/
JaeKun
Android Mechanic [Rare]

PostSubject: Re: NBA fanatics??   Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:24 pm

tzerherman wrote:
Still cant get over the fact that Lakers now have an AMAZING line up.... Steve Nash on offense and Dwight Howard on defense? plus of course Kobe, who is consistently AMAZING and Pau Gasol who is still one of the top power forwards... I cant wait to see what they do, despite that im a Boston fan.
yeah im also a lakers fan and excited with the line up aswell even though my home team is the heat, and i like kobe its just that he needs to pass the ball more aha.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tzerherman
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: NBA fanatics??   Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:39 am

James Harden to the Rockets? Me Gusta
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JuviaJoestar

PostSubject: Re: NBA fanatics??   Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:35 pm

I have a huge erection for sports. Especially the NBA lately.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NBA fanatics??   Today at 8:32 am

Back to top Go down

NBA fanatics??
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next