HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 
 

 Recent Trade History Database

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
hereticloki
☆☆


Join date : 2012-12-26
Posts : 185

PostSubject: Re: Recent Trade History Database   Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:20 pm

Ok clearly there needs to be some more explanation. There are two tabs the the spreadsheet.

If you are seeing the yellow bit you are in the wrong place. That's the data table that generates the listing on the Units Tab.

In the lower right, it says units and input. Click on Units. You should see a list of names, stats and to the right the price data.

The following are columns on the file.
Avg Max Value
Max Max
Max Max Date
Recent Max
Recent Max Date
Avg Fresh Value
Fresh Max Value
Fresh Max Date
Recent Fresh
Recent Fresh Date

The dates to the right of each column are the dates associated with that particular price entry.

The data is based on observations on the forum, the RCR in game and the top ten rankings in game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hereticloki
☆☆


Join date : 2012-12-26
Posts : 185

PostSubject: Re: Recent Trade History Database   Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:37 am

bump for daytime ppl to see
Back to top Go down
View user profile
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]


Join date : 2012-10-04
Posts : 1326

PostSubject: Re: Recent Trade History Database   Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:24 pm

bump

_________________


Wanna Know What I Do In My Free Time? Click here

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crowex
ADMIN


Join date : 2012-08-14
Posts : 554

PostSubject: Re: Recent Trade History Database   Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:32 pm

This will be stickied but deleted as soon as I see any indication that it isn't being updated daily.

_________________
clocksprocket wrote:
Trust me, my ass is just as nice, but I don't go around wearing just stockings and underwear and thrusting it out at random people.

POPULARITY LIST SEASON TWO, WEEK ONE UNDER WAY!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fantasicaunofficial.com
BigMastaB97
Cold Fury [Rare]


Join date : 2012-10-09
Posts : 2188

PostSubject: Re: Recent Trade History Database   Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:34 pm

Crowex wrote:
This will be stickied but deleted as soon as I see any indication that it isn't being updated daily.

Yeah, don't worry we'll be updating daily.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hereticloki
☆☆


Join date : 2012-12-26
Posts : 185

PostSubject: Re: Recent Trade History Database   Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:43 pm

bump
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crowex
ADMIN


Join date : 2012-08-14
Posts : 554

PostSubject: Re: Recent Trade History Database   Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:00 pm

You don't need to bump. This thread is a sticky now.

_________________
clocksprocket wrote:
Trust me, my ass is just as nice, but I don't go around wearing just stockings and underwear and thrusting it out at random people.

POPULARITY LIST SEASON TWO, WEEK ONE UNDER WAY!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fantasicaunofficial.com
Crowex
ADMIN


Join date : 2012-08-14
Posts : 554

PostSubject: Re: Recent Trade History Database   Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:00 am

Please consider trying to make the chart a bit more organized and possibly less confusing. The Moderators and I would thank you for that.

_________________
clocksprocket wrote:
Trust me, my ass is just as nice, but I don't go around wearing just stockings and underwear and thrusting it out at random people.

POPULARITY LIST SEASON TWO, WEEK ONE UNDER WAY!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fantasicaunofficial.com
hereticloki
☆☆


Join date : 2012-12-26
Posts : 185

PostSubject: Re: Recent Trade History Database   Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:29 am

I have hidden the data input table so only BMB and I can see it, this seemed to be causing some confusion previously which I tried to note in the first page.

If there is something else I can do to make this easier for the average person to use please let me know.

I look at spreadsheets all day so I am not always the best judge of what is easy to follow / not so confusing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Uriel



Join date : 2012-12-19
Posts : 146

PostSubject: Re: Recent Trade History Database   Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:01 am

I'm a fan of what you guys are accomplishing with this sheet and I wish something like this was here when I first started. It's a scary thing going into trades for your first time without really having a solid foundation of knowledge.

That being said, my only criticism atm is I wish the document was a little more user friendly / straight forward. I'm a spreadsheet person myself, but I know some people are going to look at this and may be confused.

I would suggest to first hide all of the unreleased cards, then have a consistent order for the cards (alphabetic / 5* / 6*). Also, you may want to rethink how some of your headers are named (Max Max?). Finally, fill in the blanks to kill the errors in the document :p My eyes, they bleed from the error pop-ups!

Great job though, look forward to when the ball gets further moving on this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hereticloki
☆☆


Join date : 2012-12-26
Posts : 185

PostSubject: Re: Recent Trade History Database   Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:39 am

I will spend some time (most likely saturday morning) cleaning out the unreleased cards and reorganizing the current order.

/Spreadsheet Geek
I will put in IF statements to nuke all formula out that would otherwise error out. My process involves leaving formula to error out for a little while to allow me to see if info isn't pulling through properly. IFing to clean this up obviously hides errors, so honest errors instead of ones caused by lack of price would be lost.
/End Spreadsheet Geek

I'm open to suggestions but how else to describe in a few characters the Maximum Price a Maxed Unit had sold for in the database other than Max Max?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigMastaB97
Cold Fury [Rare]


Join date : 2012-10-09
Posts : 2188

PostSubject: Re: Recent Trade History Database   Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:40 am

Thanks for the feedback, and yeah Herectlokli and I are thinking of some ways at the moment to try to make it less confusing and more organized.

It should be getting reorganized soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigMastaB97
Cold Fury [Rare]


Join date : 2012-10-09
Posts : 2188

PostSubject: Re: Recent Trade History Database   Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:42 am

hereticloki wrote:
I will spend some time (most likely saturday morning) cleaning out the unreleased cards and reorganizing the current order.

/Spreadsheet Geek
I will put in IF statements to nuke all formula out that would otherwise error out. My process involves leaving formula to error out for a little while to allow me to see if info isn't pulling through properly. IFing to clean this up obviously hides errors, so honest errors instead of ones caused by lack of price would be lost.
/End Spreadsheet Geek

I'm open to suggestions but how else to describe in a few characters the Maximum Price a Maxed Unit had sold for in the database other than Max Max?

Maybe something like highest Max?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Augi128
Slush Puddle [Retired]


Join date : 2012-12-12
Posts : 147

PostSubject: Re: Recent Trade History Database   Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:03 pm

BigMastaB97 wrote:
hereticloki wrote:
I will spend some time (most likely saturday morning) cleaning out the unreleased cards and reorganizing the current order.

/Spreadsheet Geek
I will put in IF statements to nuke all formula out that would otherwise error out. My process involves leaving formula to error out for a little while to allow me to see if info isn't pulling through properly. IFing to clean this up obviously hides errors, so honest errors instead of ones caused by lack of price would be lost.
/End Spreadsheet Geek

I'm open to suggestions but how else to describe in a few characters the Maximum Price a Maxed Unit had sold for in the database other than Max Max?

Maybe something like highest Max?

Peak Max?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
deedlit228
☆☆


Join date : 2012-11-25
Posts : 172

PostSubject: Re: Recent Trade History Database   Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:00 pm

hereticloki wrote:
I will spend some time (most likely saturday morning) cleaning out the unreleased cards and reorganizing the current order.

/Spreadsheet Geek
I will put in IF statements to nuke all formula out that would otherwise error out. My process involves leaving formula to error out for a little while to allow me to see if info isn't pulling through properly. IFing to clean this up obviously hides errors, so honest errors instead of ones caused by lack of price would be lost.
/End Spreadsheet Geek

I'm open to suggestions but how else to describe in a few characters the Maximum Price a Maxed Unit had sold for in the database other than Max Max?

Maybe you can borrow some of the shorthand/lingo I've seen in the game where they put a lower case "m" in front of the unit's name to indicate it's been maxed. i.e. mVlad, mDana, etc.

In this case, it might be "Max mUnit"? (Or any variations of that like "Max m(Unit)".)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Danaerys83
Peace Keeper [Retired]


Join date : 2012-08-31
Posts : 285

PostSubject: Re: Recent Trade History Database   Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:43 am

I'd like to suggest removing the stats part in this spreadsheet. It would make the spreadsheet easier to read as currently it's a pain to have to scroll to the right every time you want to look something up. We already have this information readily available in Augi's Fantasica Encyclopedia so keeping them in the price spreadsheet is irrelevant to its purpose.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hereticloki
☆☆


Join date : 2012-12-26
Posts : 185

PostSubject: Re: Recent Trade History Database   Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:10 am

Danaerys83 wrote:
I'd like to suggest removing the stats part in this spreadsheet. It would make the spreadsheet easier to read as currently it's a pain to have to scroll to the right every time you want to look something up. We already have this information readily available in Augi's Fantasica Encyclopedia so keeping them in the price spreadsheet is irrelevant to its purpose.

Would it be an acceptable compromise to move the stats and stuff to the right of the pricing info?

Personally I like having all the info in one place, cause I'm lazy you see.

But I understand the scrolling thing too.

Also, I am going to be under the hood this morning cleaning up some of the formula, organizing the listings and removing unreleased units so if anyone sees the spreadsheet acting wierd over the next couple of hours that's why....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hereticloki
☆☆


Join date : 2012-12-26
Posts : 185

PostSubject: Re: Recent Trade History Database   Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:37 am

Update 1/19:

Formula returning errors disabled.
Unreleased units removed.
Units reorganized according to rarity.
Unit Statistics moved to right of price history data.
Max Max changed to Peak Max.
Max Fresh changed to Peak Fresh.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Danaerys83
Peace Keeper [Retired]


Join date : 2012-08-31
Posts : 285

PostSubject: Re: Recent Trade History Database   Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:56 am

hereticloki wrote:
Danaerys83 wrote:
I'd like to suggest removing the stats part in this spreadsheet. It would make the spreadsheet easier to read as currently it's a pain to have to scroll to the right every time you want to look something up. We already have this information readily available in Augi's Fantasica Encyclopedia so keeping them in the price spreadsheet is irrelevant to its purpose.

Would it be an acceptable compromise to move the stats and stuff to the right of the pricing info?

Personally I like having all the info in one place, cause I'm lazy you see.

But I understand the scrolling thing too.

Also, I am going to be under the hood this morning cleaning up some of the formula, organizing the listings and removing unreleased units so if anyone sees the spreadsheet acting wierd over the next couple of hours that's why....

Lol, yes that works too Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BkWiz
☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-09-24
Posts : 954

PostSubject: Re: Recent Trade History Database   Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:05 pm

predator852 wrote:
Uhh...we have like not even 3k registered users...like 2k tops ghost the forum...and there are almost 25k active monthly users in the game...this spreadsheet will never sway the masses, there is no need to fear...

That being said, I like this a lot! It's always good to have a record somewhere of what someone thinks on something, even if it is not set in stone or completely objective...

Do you really want me to comment on this statement? I can disprove it in 5 seconds if you like...


There is a reason why I was really hesistant to post my DPS thread, as objective as that data is...



And FYI I can see why I noticed this really weird shift in market pricing in the last week or so.

When someone told me about this database/thread, I assumed it was an open community style database where people were inputting the prices themselves and thought this a great idea.

I can see now this is not the case.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Panda



Join date : 2012-12-27
Posts : 29

PostSubject: Re: Recent Trade History Database   Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:09 pm

BkWiz wrote:
predator852 wrote:
Uhh...we have like not even 3k registered users...like 2k tops ghost the forum...and there are almost 25k active monthly users in the game...this spreadsheet will never sway the masses, there is no need to fear...

That being said, I like this a lot! It's always good to have a record somewhere of what someone thinks on something, even if it is not set in stone or completely objective...

Do you really want me to comment on this statement? I can disprove it in 5 seconds if you like...


There is a reason why I was really hesistant to post my DPS thread, as objective as that data is...



And FYI I can see why I noticed this really weird shift in market pricing in the last week or so.

When someone told me about this database/thread, I assumed it was an open community style database where people were inputting the prices themselves and thought this a great idea.

I can see now this is not the case.

If it were an open database and anyone could enter their values, what would keep the dishonest people from entering values in their favor?

(There may be an answer to this, but I like the idea of this closed data sheet)
Keep up the good work guys.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigMastaB97
Cold Fury [Rare]


Join date : 2012-10-09
Posts : 2188

PostSubject: Re: Recent Trade History Database   Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:05 pm

Panda wrote:
BkWiz wrote:
predator852 wrote:
Uhh...we have like not even 3k registered users...like 2k tops ghost the forum...and there are almost 25k active monthly users in the game...this spreadsheet will never sway the masses, there is no need to fear...

That being said, I like this a lot! It's always good to have a record somewhere of what someone thinks on something, even if it is not set in stone or completely objective...

Do you really want me to comment on this statement? I can disprove it in 5 seconds if you like...


There is a reason why I was really hesistant to post my DPS thread, as objective as that data is...



And FYI I can see why I noticed this really weird shift in market pricing in the last week or so.

When someone told me about this database/thread, I assumed it was an open community style database where people were inputting the prices themselves and thought this a great idea.

I can see now this is not the case.

If it were an open database and anyone could enter their values, what would keep the dishonest people from entering values in their favor?

(There may be an answer to this, but I like the idea of this closed data sheet)
Keep up the good work guys.

It's a closed data sheet for that exact reason. But again EVERYONE can still tell me if I have a PC wrong and I'll change it, they only proof I'll aqsk for is if they actually saw someone selling for that price, but I'm not asking for screenshots or anything I'll just take their word for it. But yeah we just don't want people who don't know anything about the market going in and changing it, but anyone can give me advice on a price. Because, once again for the 100th time lol, this is not a perfect list of prices, it is a guide to pricing. It shows the going rate, not a cards exact value lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BkWiz
☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-09-24
Posts : 954

PostSubject: Re: Recent Trade History Database   Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:49 pm

Zzz I love how people are quoting prices due to the spreadsheet wheb the data you don't even have is placed on it. Ethelred for 2k Diana for 5k and Loki for 8k. Anyone see what is wrong with this?

FYI I wouldn't even put prices down if I didn't have any data on it.

And it's kind of obvious your data is not very current or is based off of random points or a so gle source.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigMastaB97
Cold Fury [Rare]


Join date : 2012-10-09
Posts : 2188

PostSubject: Re: Recent Trade History Database   Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:55 pm

BkWiz wrote:
Zzz I love how people are quoting prices due to the spreadsheet wheb the data you don't even have is placed on it. Ethelred for 2k Diana for 5k and Loki for 8k. Anyone see what is wrong with this?

FYI I wouldn't even put prices down if I didn't have any data on it.

And it's kind of obvious your data is not very current or is based off of random points or a so gle source.


Well I don't know what to tell you, I've explained how I do the pricing for this a million times but it seems some people just don't think that I've actually seen people sell for that price (recently) so all I can say to you is... If you don't like, find your prices somewhere else.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BkWiz
☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-09-24
Posts : 954

PostSubject: Re: Recent Trade History Database   Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:20 pm

I'd love to ignore this completely except for the fact that more and more people are coming up to me and quoting these prices.

And then stating...but it's on the forums as an answer when I ask where are you getting these prices.

Not to mention people are now quoting it in general discussion where I usually am at...

It's pretty simple, if you don't have a clue about a price, don't post a number. Since atm I am reasonably sure quite a few of those prices outside the low end 6* range are completely made up or are based off a single quote/trade.

For a supposed data analyst, you don't seem to know how to do things in a methodical/trackable way with evidence to back things up....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Recent Trade History Database   Today at 5:19 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Recent Trade History Database
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Recent Trade History Database
» JA: Will Ekta Kapoor shut down Jodha Akbar?
» Kastrup & Holmegaards Glasværker - A Short History
» Olive Hale Ingram QSM for services to the history of NZ Ceramics
» Movie car database

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Fantasica :: Trading Center-
Jump to: