HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

Sprites!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
aszutai
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: Sprites!   Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:38 pm

po1102 wrote:

ChibiLeen wrote:
From the sprites I've seen so far, Elizabeth is my absolute favourite. She's a jewel of sprite-work: crisp, with well coordinated, vibrant colours and great shading, and she doesn't have any of that blocky, pixelated feel that some units have.

I really like Vine's sprite too. A shame that she isn't upside down, but her wings and hair are beautifully rendered.

Wait for this!

Her sprite is very nice Po, but the card art Laughing

We'll see what happens to that once the event rolls around XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.genbustudios.com
ChibiLeen
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Sprites!   Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:17 pm

aszutai wrote:
po1102 wrote:

ChibiLeen wrote:
From the sprites I've seen so far, Elizabeth is my absolute favourite. She's a jewel of sprite-work: crisp, with well coordinated, vibrant colours and great shading, and she doesn't have any of that blocky, pixelated feel that some units have.

I really like Vine's sprite too. A shame that she isn't upside down, but her wings and hair are beautifully rendered.

Wait for this!

Very nice sprite art indeed! But I dislike her card artwork, I must admit (the way she's mooning the player is not attractive in the least, objectively speaking). Although, she's a shoo-in for our "Censor This, Censor That" thread, so maybe I'll like her card artwork after all. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
orionknight
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Sprites!   Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:39 pm

Broken:
Fine job on those screen shots! Damn fine job!

Now that I have a chance to look at them, the wings do have a pattern to them. Interesting....

aszutai wrote:
po1102 wrote:

I bethcha shes getting to most censored of all the cards! The Queen to rule all censored cards!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: Sprites!   Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:39 pm

MEH WANTS ROUGE AS WELL!!!!!

And Bleach Remika/Octavia/Doro have the same wings...

Wanna Know What I Do In My Free Time? Click here

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brokenluckx3
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Sprites!   Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:05 pm

orionknight wrote:
Broken:
why thank you kind sir! ^_^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
po1102
War Hero [Rare]

PostSubject: Re: Sprites!   Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:28 pm

ChibiLeen wrote:

Btw, don't forget that the units in princess series have really good sprites also. Check out Yuki's crispiness:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BkWiz
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Sprites!   Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:02 am

orionknight wrote:
Broken:

Now that I have a chance to look at them, the wings do have a pattern to them. Interesting....

aszutai wrote:
po1102 wrote:

I bethcha shes getting to most censored of all the cards! The Queen to rule all censored cards!

I couldn't help but think of this when I first saw Constance. Original artist here http://kevinbolk.tumblr.com/post/13332046686/as-promised-heres-the-avengers-parody-namely-of

There was an article attached to this somewhere that pointed out how males in movie posters and art tend to always put on these heroic 'manly' poses. Females on the other hand, tend to have 'feminine' poses with their butts and/or breasts pushed out or on prominent display.

So to show the absurdity of the 'pushed out' pose, the artist decided to switch the poses for the males and female in the original Avenger poster, and this was the result.

On a possibly related side note, after this artwork was displayed and went viral, the Avenger movie poster was changed from the one posted to a different one...I can't imagine why. Smile

I especially like how Thor and Constance look almost exactly alike!

Last edited by BkWiz on Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:48 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: Sprites!   Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:18 am

LOL @ the Hulk!!!!

Wanna Know What I Do In My Free Time? Click here

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brokenluckx3
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Sprites!   Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:46 am

Hahahaha i love that^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aniwo
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Sprites!   Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:08 am

Probably the best ratio of good card artwork/ good sprite is Elizabeth. Many units lack of one of the two things. Example: I like WWU artwork but just hate her sprite. The same about Mary: pure sexyness card, superdeformed Big-Headed sprite. xD Shocked Many Units should keep their monster form sprite, even if their deployment takes 4 squares insted of one and look HUGE (I'm joking, but trying to point out that is hard to keep detail, making smaller sprites).

po1102 wrote:

Wait for this!

Twisted Evil Me likes, me wants! Amazing!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brokenluckx3
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Sprites!   Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:39 pm

How could I forget to mention the best thing about Luce's sprite!!!!

The butterflies!!!
haha yes, im 5, now stfu & love Luce Twisted Evil

Im not sure why these screenshots are not as crisp and clear as the others..
or is luce just one of the blurry sprites?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ixtlia

PostSubject: Re: Sprites!   Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:07 pm

I broke down and recruited Hera because I was bored. Her unit sprite has a gray/silver "aura" (unlike the black outline on all the other units) around it. SS probably messed the transparency color up when they put her in. It really makes her sprite stand out, though other than that, it is not bad.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bells

PostSubject: Re: Sprites!   Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:48 pm

OMG, just saw Joa's sprite. For such a massive dude on the card, the sprite is hilariously whimpy, with a tiny bow and scrawny limbs, and the cape!!!!!!!!! Funny especially viewed from the back.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bells

PostSubject: Re: Sprites!   Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:52 pm

Ixtlia wrote:
I broke down and recruited Hera because I was bored. Her unit sprite has a gray/silver "aura" (unlike the black outline on all the other units) around it. SS probably messed the transparency color up when they put her in. It really makes her sprite stand out, though other than that, it is not bad.

Can't believe her max stats is still a mystery. People must not be bothered to play her. I have one that is still in monster form too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brokenluckx3
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Sprites!   Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:49 pm

Ixtlia & Bells- Could I please album her unit & monster. please please please =]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nerdrevenge

PostSubject: Re: Sprites!   Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:20 pm

Hello there Broken Very Happy

Fave sprites so far? Definitely like Paris as a sprite, very well detailed & crisp with bright colors.

Anastasia is cute and moves well , one I really like too is Diane. Her sprite is very detailed with strong line & color with such a detailed bow & the way she holds/moves it. Card art sucks but truly an awesome sprite.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
GnatB
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Sprites!   Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:41 pm

lmnseason wrote:
The ones with a blurry pixel have a higher resolution than the ones with visible pixels. The blur is a smooth result of a high pixel rate.

Actually, I expect the blurry ones have a lower resolution, and the blur is from stretching them. Shrinking doesn't *tend* to get as blurry as stretching. With stretching, you have to add pixels somehow, which basically is done by averaging the pixels between. Thus blurry.

Also, the blurry ones tend to be older ones. I expect the newer sprites are being made with higher resolution phones/tablets in mind, where the older ones weren't. (presumably because the higher res devices didn't exist/weren't as common) I see the blur on my Galaxy Note.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brokenluckx3
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Sprites!   Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:42 pm

nerdrevenge wrote:
Hello there Broken Very Happy

Fave sprites so far? Definitely like Paris as a sprite, very well detailed & crisp with bright colors.

Anastasia is cute and moves well , one I really like too is Diane. Her sprite is very detailed with strong line & color with such a detailed bow & the way she holds/moves it. Card art sucks but truly an awesome sprite.

Hi nerdrevenge! Good to see you here! lol wow I can talk to you in more then 40 chars,oh boy! hahah
Paris' is cute =]
Never seen Diane or Anastasia though

I saw a couple of sprites Ive never seen before today:

Look how nice my allies are doing all the work so my units can sit on their butts and collect exp XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nerdrevenge

PostSubject: Re: Sprites!   Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:04 pm

Brokenluckx3 wrote:

Hi nerdrevenge! Good to see you here! lol wow I can talk to you in more then 40 chars,oh boy! hahah
Paris' is cute =]
Never seen Diane or Anastasia though

Look how nice my allies are doing all the work so my units can sit on their butts and collect exp XD

Good to see you too Smile I hear ya about more than 40 chars! Will have to put Anastasia up as leader so you can use her. Very cute sprite.

Nothing wrong with letting your allies do all the hard work lol..

Do like the Luce sprite O.O the butterflies are mesmerizing!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
po1102
War Hero [Rare]

PostSubject: Re: Sprites!   Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:30 pm

Brokenluckx3 wrote:

You're grinding 2*?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
myad
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Sprites!   Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:22 pm

Brokenluckx3 wrote:

iirc, 25-3 gives out 444XP.

with 3 units... you actually lose out on some XP (it is divided and rounded down).

Back to top Go down
View user profile
byu1680

PostSubject: Re: Sprites!   Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:27 pm

Yeah, 25-3 gives 444 EXP. With 3 units deployed it comes out to an even 148 EXP each which still totals up to 444 so no EXP is lost by deploying more units.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brokenluckx3
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Sprites!   Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:55 am

lol thanks for the concern guys but it was a one time thing. i was putting the same 3 units(2 allies & who im lvling) in 25-3 over and over and over and over
and I was like, what if i put some 2*s in for some exp, instead of feeding them? lol t'was bored and im glad i did it so i could see some new sprites lol
oh and
@nerdrevenge- ty for making her ur leader, her sprite is so pretty!! ^_^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
myad
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Sprites!   Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:17 am

byu1680 wrote:
Yeah, 25-3 gives 444 EXP. With 3 units deployed it comes out to an even 148 EXP each which still totals up to 444 so no EXP is lost by deploying more units.
Embarassed

din realise 444 can be divided evenly by 3...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ChibiLeen
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Sprites!   Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:54 am

myad wrote:
byu1680 wrote:
Embarassed

din realise 444 can be divided evenly by 3...

[math nerd] The trick to tell whether a number can be divided by three: if the sum of all the digits composing the number can be divided by three, then said number can be divided by three. Smile In this case: 4+4+4=12, which is a multiple of three. ^^ [/math nerd]

I'm tempted to level some of those 2* units too, now! There are a lot of 2* units I haven't seen! I haven't seen most of the 1* sprites either, for that matter. ^^;
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sprites!   Today at 5:19 pm

Back to top Go down

Sprites!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next