HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 
 

 Funny Stories Due to Economy Changes

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-11-22
Posts : 941

PostSubject: Funny Stories Due to Economy Changes   Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:49 am

So about 2 weeks ago, some guy was being insulted for buying Alexander for 100TE. I had this thought in mind that the guy insulting the guy who bought Alexander to be jealous or he just have a problem. I felt bad since the guy is spamming the buyer's wall, I decided to butt in and tell the guy that Alexander is worth more than 100TE so it is a good buy. Alexander is not the best unit but it is a good frontliner if you set up properly with slows and knockbacks backing up.

Earlier this morning, I saw these 2 random people talking about how people are under valuing cards. Later or on, this other guy pops out and said "you guys don't know prices." I was just laughing and at the back of my head saying "someone didn't get the news." They are probably having trouble selling their cards at their price.

So let's just take it this way. Whenever prices go down, everything goes down or economic drag down. I didn't really care when they went down. I can sell my cards for a lower price because the card I want to buy also went down on price. I still see people being offended by offers or you guys should be seeing this going on around. The community is good but there are still few individuals who needs enlightenment.

If you are flipping cards, I suggest you relate with the prices in game and in the forum. Also look at the price of the card you want as a guide. Just because it goes down in price doesn't mean your job got easier. Always watch out for cards that are stocked, because they may sell cheaper at a point.

Also, learn to say "nty" instead of insulting people. These goons gotta stop being an itch in the community.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pandalicious



Join date : 2012-10-26
Posts : 123

PostSubject: Re: Funny Stories Due to Economy Changes   Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:55 am

As long as you expect 95% of the offers to you are going to be lowballs. You will do just fine... There are too many lowballers expecting windfalls from nubs or the uninformed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]


Join date : 2012-10-04
Posts : 1326

PostSubject: Re: Funny Stories Due to Economy Changes   Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:14 am

I've been told I'm a lowballer and a hard bargainer...IDC!
Yeah I eventually sell for less, and I jump at the chance to buy for less...I don't mind having a couple people laugh at my offers (which they do!) and turning away a couple good offers on my things (which I do!) for that great offer around the corner. I don't flip, so I have to stretch my $$$ by shooting low offers to them and driving high ones for myself...people hate me!

_________________


Wanna Know What I Do In My Free Time? Click here

Back to top Go down
View user profile
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-11-22
Posts : 941

PostSubject: Re: Funny Stories Due to Economy Changes   Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:47 am

predator852 wrote:
I've been told I'm a lowballer and a hard bargainer...IDC!
Yeah I eventually sell for less, and I jump at the chance to buy for less...I don't mind having a couple people laugh at my offers (which they do!) and turning away a couple good offers on my things (which I do!) for that great offer around the corner. I don't flip, so I have to stretch my $$$ by shooting low offers to them and driving high ones for myself...people hate me!

What you do is close to flipping cards or it already is. lol

Due to me being busy almost everyday now, flipping is where I rely to get my TE now. I don't feel guilty buying cheap then selling high and people accept that since most of my buys are from people selling cheap. A lot of people are desperate to get their first 5* and 6* so there are always those who sell cheap and pay high. In every major events, I just take advantage of flipping while people have the needs for units.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]


Join date : 2012-10-04
Posts : 1326

PostSubject: Re: Funny Stories Due to Economy Changes   Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:50 am

lmnseason wrote:
predator852 wrote:
I've been told I'm a lowballer and a hard bargainer...IDC!
Yeah I eventually sell for less, and I jump at the chance to buy for less...I don't mind having a couple people laugh at my offers (which they do!) and turning away a couple good offers on my things (which I do!) for that great offer around the corner. I don't flip, so I have to stretch my $$$ by shooting low offers to them and driving high ones for myself...people hate me!

What you do is close to flipping cards or it already is. lol

Due to me being busy almost everyday now, flipping is where I rely to get my TE now. I don't feel guilty buying cheap then selling high and people accept that since most of my buys are from people selling cheap. A lot of people are desperate to get their first 5* and 6* so there are always those who sell cheap and pay high. In every major events, I just take advantage of flipping while people have the needs for units.

Lol it's close but not exactly, as I don't buy with the intent to sell, but when I do buy it's low and when I do sell it's highway robbery...

_________________


Wanna Know What I Do In My Free Time? Click here

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Onisunit
☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-10-05
Posts : 507

PostSubject: Re: Funny Stories Due to Economy Changes   Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:22 am

Saw a dude like 30 minutes ago dropping a Max Alex for 90te...change has come! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-11-22
Posts : 941

PostSubject: Re: Funny Stories Due to Economy Changes   Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:24 am

Onisunit wrote:
Saw a dude like 30 minutes ago dropping a Max Alex for 90te...change has come! lol!

That Alex better be an Alexander. lol

I'd probably buy it and I consider him equal to Beatrix other than the deploy cost. The slow attack is not that much of a handicap as people would normally think. He is more of a 6* booster for new people. Pretty useful in tower.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blargod
☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-09-29
Posts : 592

PostSubject: Re: Funny Stories Due to Economy Changes   Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:27 am

Have nothing against people who are card flipping for TE since TE values fluctuate like crazy. I have something against people who really try to blatantly do low ball trades and make it seem as if they're fair (e.g. Trying to trade a Sheryl or a Joa for WWU).

Back to top Go down
View user profile
rourou1423
☆☆


Join date : 2012-11-03
Posts : 171

PostSubject: Re: Funny Stories Due to Economy Changes   Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:48 am

people have difference price in thier mind, because there are no any guide or really a price in the market.

new buyer like me myself, still don't know the specific price of 5* 6*. and who says the price is that? example: who says wwu price was 150te? who set the price? the seller themselve. so, if buyer what to trade card, in their mind have difference price as well. like maybe i think ignat is worth 80te because his high land atk, but the buyer/seller don't think that, then that is the reason the trade goes not so well.

i hope my sentence is somehow clear? my english/ grammer/ sentence are not good.

what i want to say is. because their are no actual market price where like on the market we know how much a food sell for because there are a set price there. but in this game, the price is according on the buyer/seller opinion. so i think there are no reason we should scold or laugh people because of thier offer. because difference people have difference opinion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShYber



Join date : 2012-10-15
Posts : 85

PostSubject: Re: Funny Stories Due to Economy Changes   Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:34 am

rourou1423 wrote:
people have difference price in thier mind, because there are no any guide or really a price in the market.

new buyer like me myself, still don't know the specific price of 5* 6*. and who says the price is that? example: who says wwu price was 150te? who set the price? the seller themselve. so, if buyer what to trade card, in their mind have difference price as well. like maybe i think ignat is worth 80te because his high land atk, but the buyer/seller don't think that, then that is the reason the trade goes not so well.

i hope my sentence is somehow clear? my english/ grammer/ sentence are not good.

what i want to say is. because their are no actual market price where like on the market we know how much a food sell for because there are a set price there. but in this game, the price is according on the buyer/seller opinion. so i think there are no reason we should scold or laugh people because of thier offer. because difference people have difference opinion.

Couldn't agree with you more!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pandalicious



Join date : 2012-10-26
Posts : 123

PostSubject: Re: Funny Stories Due to Economy Changes   Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:52 am

rourou1423 wrote:
people have difference price in thier mind, because there are no any guide or really a price in the market.

new buyer like me myself, still don't know the specific price of 5* 6*. and who says the price is that? example: who says wwu price was 150te? who set the price? the seller themselve. so, if buyer what to trade card, in their mind have difference price as well. like maybe i think ignat is worth 80te because his high land atk, but the buyer/seller don't think that, then that is the reason the trade goes not so well.

i hope my sentence is somehow clear? my english/ grammer/ sentence are not good.

what i want to say is. because their are no actual market price where like on the market we know how much a food sell for because there are a set price there. but in this game, the price is according on the buyer/seller opinion. so i think there are no reason we should scold or laugh people because of thier offer. because difference people have difference opinion.

This is actually an excuse to be lazy. It doesn't take much to ask someone (your allies) what the approximate value of a card is on the market. No one is going laugh at you for that. You significantly lowballing someone who has already received 10 other bad offers, there will be unkind response on occasion. As for there is no set market value, that is false. Even if you value a nils over a diana personally, you know very well you can sell diana for others and get 10 thousand nils.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-11-22
Posts : 941

PostSubject: Re: Funny Stories Due to Economy Changes   Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:32 am

New players would have a different price value compare to veteran players depending one one's needs. Ignal and Sheryl have a higher price due to their value not only for having a high damage as a unit but they are good allies in tower events as well. They are basically key units for greater allies as a player with a 5* unit and still in the process of obtaining your first 6*. Other can disagree but I have proven this for my own self so it is up to the new players to put my knowledge to the test. I also made a guide about this in my ultimate guide which can be found in my signature.

Events also change the needs of people. New players end up learning slowly as they progress throughout the game by doing events. Some cards during tower events are devalued and therefore sold for a cheaper price. Later on, as a new player learns the value of other cards, some of these devalued cards end up being actually good cards in arena events and then another price shift occur. Every veteran players not just my self take advantage of this. It is not about low balling but often, offers are easily given by players who don't do research.

There are also rare cards and LE cards that will be collectible to others. To new players, these cards are not important but eventually, it's actually good to have these pretty cards to show some sort of a badge. There are rare cards with good stats being valued at a higher price. This is not something that a new player can't really get at first. When I was new, I didn't want any of those and I had no idea why they are valued at such price. Few events later, I have learned that when I obtained some rare cards and I don't want to let go of them even for a high price.

It is still true that there are some individuality in valuing cards but it all depends on one's knowledge. The prices are right when you know how to find the right people to buy and sell from.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rourou1423
☆☆


Join date : 2012-11-03
Posts : 171

PostSubject: Re: Funny Stories Due to Economy Changes   Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:19 pm

Trust me.. I had seen 5* patrica seller call out price... from 50te and more miserable 500k luna for a max one. So, that is the reason i say the card don't have exact value.... /___\
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-11-22
Posts : 941

PostSubject: Re: Funny Stories Due to Economy Changes   Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:48 pm

rourou1423 wrote:
Trust me.. I had seen 5* patrica seller call out price... from 50te and more miserable 500k luna for a max one. So, that is the reason i say the card don't have exact value.... /___\
I would have offered 10mil and flipped for TE.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Funny Stories Due to Economy Changes   Today at 2:40 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Funny Stories Due to Economy Changes
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Funny Stories Due to Economy Changes
» Ignoring the obvious - Railway history in the Charente
» Ha ha ha! Funny Youtube videos!
» this funny Indian people
» The truth about our economy in 2 minutes

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Fantasica :: Game Discussion-
Jump to: