HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Crowex
ADMIN

PostSubject: Re: Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing    Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:21 pm

I approve of this thread.

POPULARITY LIST SEASON TWO, WEEK ONE UNDER WAY!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fantasicaunofficial.com
aubade888
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing    Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:47 pm

Valkrieys wrote:
WHOA, I'm surprised to see Pale Cocoon come up. After watching that I walked to the nearest wallgreens to buy a drink instead of taking my car, just to take in the every day sights. xD

Edit: BTW how would I recommend an anime for viewing?

Just PM me using the form from the first post along with the pic! =3 Here is the sample format:

What anime would you like us to view?
Pale Cocoon

Is it a movie or show? Which episodes should we watch?
OVA

Synopsis:
"A future where the continuity of history has broken off, a world of enormous ruins that continues endlessly. Oceans and continents have vanished, existing only within the archives brought up from the remains. Ura works in the Archive Excavation Department, which restores and analyzes the data left behind. One day, he finds a disturbing visual record... "
-Taken from myanimelist

Any comments about the anime?
While it's only about 20 minutes, surprisingly, it has a lot of nice content.
This is a sci-fi flick, so not everyone is really going to find this exciting, but it is an interesting work of art, w/ great visuals, sound, and environment.

What genre/interests does this anime cover?
Genre: Sci-fi | A little drama
Interests: History | Post-Apocalypse | Space

Edit: @Crow: Yay!! XD Gratz on Dana btw.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyte
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing    Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:52 pm

*adds another anime into to view when I have time list :3*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The6thToe
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing    Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:52 pm

Finally got around to watching Pale Cocoon. Gotta say it was pretty good. Definitely worth your time. Now on to the homework!

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
KeyBlade

PostSubject: Re: Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing    Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:45 pm

As far as I can remember, I don't think I've seen anything like it!

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://people.ign.com/gunblade
aubade888
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing    Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:53 pm

*Closed!*

Our winner for this week decided by NotAPieceOfPie is The6thToe!

I sent him his Serafina =3

I will be taking a few days off to study for my statistics exam and write discussion questions for next week, but I should have things running shortly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The6thToe
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing    Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:32 am

Thanks!

Spread the word (dunno how you'd do that more in a forum lol). Not only do you get a chance at a prize, it's just all around fun. You get to watch stuff you might not have otherwise thought to watch. Plus if we get more people the discussion will get more heated which will lead to bitter hatred between opposing sides. That's always enjoyable Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
boy_from_asension

PostSubject: Re: Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing    Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:06 am

I can't wait for the next round, I'll definitely join in. Sounds like great fun and it should be great listening practice for Japanese :3
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fantasica.wikia.com/wiki/User:Genesis_99
HoundR
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing    Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:46 am

I really want to join for the next one !! Smile And I still haven't donated the 5 lv 10 Bears Very Happy

----- HoundR's LE Units&Monsters 4*/5*/6* SHOP !!! -----

Trading Center complaints/suggestions/multiple thread or RMT I didn't see/anything else PM me! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aubade888
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing    Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:55 pm

OMG sorry guys @___@ I am making a calender right now for the anime viewings so that should make things more organized. I am open to ideas on post formatting, organization, and what you would like to see from the event.

With my IRL BS I am shooting for next Monday the 3rd as the start of the next viewing. After that I am hoping to get it down to a regular schedule. Sorry for any inconvenience! <33
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PPM

PostSubject: Re: Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing    Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:42 am

These are the animes ive watched; Very Happy

Naruto
Fairy tail
One Piece
Bleach
Freezing
Brave 10
Highschool of the dead
Death Note
Berserk Golden Age part I and II
Full Metal Alchemist
Saint Seiya Omega
Dragon ball Z
Dragon ball GT
D.Gray-Man
Blade of the immortal
Shaman King
s-CRY-ed
K
Code Geass
Kingdom
Aquarion Evol
Souten no Ken
Fate/Zero

I recommend u to watch them all if u really like animes cuz those animes are really nice!! Loved to watch them all..

Greetings afro
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HoundR
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing    Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:58 pm

PPM wrote:
These are the animes ive watched; Very Happy

Naruto
Fairy tail
One Piece
Bleach
Freezing
Brave 10
Highschool of the dead
Death Note
Berserk Golden Age part I and II
Full Metal Alchemist
Saint Seiya Omega
Dragon ball Z
Dragon ball GT
D.Gray-Man
Blade of the immortal
Shaman King
s-CRY-ed
K
Code Geass
Kingdom
Aquarion Evol
Souten no Ken
Fate/Zero

I recommend u to watch them all if u really like animes cuz those animes are really nice!! Loved to watch them all..

Greetings afro

^ Currently watching Very Happy

----- HoundR's LE Units&Monsters 4*/5*/6* SHOP !!! -----

Trading Center complaints/suggestions/multiple thread or RMT I didn't see/anything else PM me! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NotAPieceOfPie
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing    Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:00 pm

i hope this event gets revamped soon
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wowyogurt
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing    Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:48 am

Who else has a MAL? Wondering who I share interests with the most :]

Here's mine: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/wowyogurt
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LivingNexus

PostSubject: Re: Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing    Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:39 am

I can't PM yet so...

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
aubade888
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing    Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:14 pm

BUMP
Back to top Go down
View user profile
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing    Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:57 pm

aubade888 wrote:
BUMP

Bumping a thread that is stickied? Laughing

Quote :
[19:59:06] Varis : madman is correct

Quote :
[15:09:58] hereticloki : madman is fair

Quote :
[12:39:12] @ Crowex : Azn is right.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KeyBlade

PostSubject: Re: Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing    Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:04 pm

I need to get back into Fantasica and this should help..! :S

Umm... I think you need to fix the dates! Specifically the year..?
Back to top Go down
aubade888
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing    Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:34 pm

themadmanazn wrote:
aubade888 wrote:
BUMP

I will bump what I want! *snapz*

<___<

>___>

Keyblade: You were supposed to have watched it in the past, if you didn't you're fired!!!

Sorry I didn't get a calendar and cool stuff this week, I am unexpectedly moving and I have 3 exams this week so I'm a bit out of it XDDD. I am thinking of making a submission thread so newer people can submit too with the PM limit, and also it will keep things fair and organized. Is that okay with everyone?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KeyBlade

PostSubject: Re: Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing    Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:54 pm

Nuuuu! I don't want to be fired! Dx

If I am still your employee, a submission thread is okay with me! xD
Back to top Go down
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing    Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:07 pm

aubade888 wrote:
themadmanazn wrote:
aubade888 wrote:
BUMP

<___<

>___>

Keyblade: You were supposed to have watched it in the past, if you didn't you're fired!!!

Sorry I didn't get a calendar and cool stuff this week, I am unexpectedly moving and I have 3 exams this week so I'm a bit out of it XDDD. I am thinking of making a submission thread so newer people can submit too with the PM limit, and also it will keep things fair and organized. Is that okay with everyone?

The post requirement for PM is fine (I think it has been reduced recently). I would prefer you not spin off a second thread just for suggestions since this one has been stickied. This thread doesn't have that many posts to begin with so I would prefer we keep it one thread.

Quote :
[19:59:06] Varis : madman is correct

Quote :
[15:09:58] hereticloki : madman is fair

Quote :
[12:39:12] @ Crowex : Azn is right.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aubade888
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing    Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:23 pm

themadmanazn wrote:
aubade888 wrote:
themadmanazn wrote:
aubade888 wrote:
BUMP

<___<

>___>

The post requirement for PM is fine (I think it has been reduced recently). I would prefer you not spin off a second thread just for suggestions since this one has been stickied. This thread doesn't have that many posts to begin with so I would prefer we keep it one thread.

Okay! I am still learning how to organize, so I am glad to have help XD.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tales

PostSubject: Re: Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing    Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:52 am

Recently watched Sword Art Online. Think it started strong, but the ending was a little disappointing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NotAPieceOfPie
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing    Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:34 am

OH MY GOD

I didn't expect Psycho Pass to be featured.
Kickass anime.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Callanthe
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing    Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:48 pm

Hello there! I started watching Psycho-Pass as a sort of side piece of entertainment to my english class regarding cyberpunk, as subgenre of science fiction.

I guess I will start this off by giving some background on the cyberpunk genre. Cyberpunk almost literally translates to "high tech, low life"--cyber as in "cyberspace", punk as in "underground, anti-establishment, against social norms". We can see the "high tech" evident in the technologically advanced society of this future Japan. Holograms and robots being an integral part of daily life, and the core of society focuses on the piece of technology that is the Sibyl System. However, the anime itself is centered around the "low life" existence of crime that pervades even this supposedly utopian society.

Cyberpunk looks at how how traditional power structures and institutions are altered by the emergence of new technologies. Instead of the classic sci-fi approach of treating technology as distant and entirely alien from humanity, cyberpunk considers how technology is "pervasive, utterly intimate. Not outside us, but next to us. Under our skin; often, inside our minds" (Bruce Sterling, Mirrorshades). As a result, themes of body invasion (cyborg technology) and mind invasion (neural interfaces and artificial intelligence) are common within this subgenre, as cyberpunk works examine what it truly means to be an "individual" or even a "human."

Keeping all this in mind, how do you guys think Psycho-Pass fits into this picture of cyberpunk as a whole? How does it utilize the futuristic technology of the Sibyl System to challenge, question, and examine our own society in the present?

How is gender affected by the values of the Sibyl System? Are women like Akane now empowered by the "equality" of technology? Or would you argue that gender norms are still continuously reaffirmed?

How does the Sibyl System influence and/or regulate choice? In turn, how does its control over free will affect the individuality and humanity of the characters in this show? (This is built upon in a later episode with massive spoilers, if you're interested in watching further.)

Episodes 4 and 5 expressly show social commentary regarding the anonymity of avatars on the cyberspace that is the interweb. (Interestingly enough, the concept of "avatar" in its current online use also comes from the cyberpunk novel Snow Crash.) How does the show challenge identity, the "true self", the dichotomy between the mind and the physical body?

And the central question of the show: What flaws can you still see in the supposedly "perfect" society under the Sibyl System? Does it truly provide the utopian equality and opportunity that it professes? Does it really give everyone the chance to "be all that they could possibly be"? What does fulfilling one's innate potential as such even mean for humanity?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing    Today at 9:37 am

Back to top Go down

Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next