HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

D.O.T.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
myad
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:02 pm

ChibiLeen wrote:
themadmanazn wrote:
Crowex wrote:
Got like 10 rares without any effort XD I love their events..

You must have the best luck ever with uncommons...

You don't need luck, that's the best part. Smile I've got more rares than I need, simply through self-fusion and eventing. I did pull two rares from Voxite/Doxite, but even without them, I've got a healthy stable just by playing. ^^
but man... almost every pull is a voxite/doxite. that kinda sucks.

and dunno abt the rest... the graphics may look 'unique' for the first few times... but after a while, it kinda gets really dull. i mean... i have a nice big screen device and that's the best graphics i can get?!? yikes...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:24 pm

ChibiLeen wrote:
themadmanazn wrote:
Crowex wrote:

You don't need luck, that's the best part. Smile I've got more rares than I need, simply through self-fusion and eventing. I did pull two rares from Voxite/Doxite, but even without them, I've got a healthy stable just by playing. ^^

Oh, I play, I have played as much as anyone really can and I have only 6 rares.

Quote :
[19:59:06] Varis : madman is correct

Quote :
[15:09:58] hereticloki : madman is fair

Quote :
[12:39:12] @ Crowex : Azn is right.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crowex
ADMIN

PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:04 pm

themadmanazn wrote:
ChibiLeen wrote:
themadmanazn wrote:
Crowex wrote:

Oh, I play, I have played as much as anyone really can and I have only 6 rares.

I did buy one "Event Build" for the event but other than that, I've gotten crap tons of rares XD

I pulled one rare from the Doxite thing, but I've managed to get a whole ton just through fusion. Event got an event award with the Similith getting me enough uncommons for a rare.

My most prized possesion on that is a tan looking dragon since it's the first one I started building with only pixite involved

POPULARITY LIST SEASON TWO, WEEK ONE UNDER WAY!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fantasicaunofficial.com
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]

PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:11 pm

By the way, if any people here want to add me, I'm clocksprocket on there as well. Haha.

I've admittedly spent two whole dollars on this game -- one for the first $1 pull on a rare (got a pretty strong rare out of it) and a dollar on the current raid build (got just a rare, Amalustra or whatever her name is haha). [Just $378 to go before I catch up to Fantasica spending! derppp. Although an elite for $15 is kind of tempting, when you're used to Fantasica which guarantees NOTHING ever.]

The rest of my team is also rares. I think I have around 12 or 13 now technically.

I sort of wish there was trading. Seems like if you got some random event units they are stuck in your inventory indefinitely unless you want to fuse them off. And if you get like one or two uncommons from a rank prize, that's great but you can't do much with them either.

forum rules | FAQ (ask questions) | find allies | unit list | want a green name?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The6thToe
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:39 pm

I spent those $2 also. I'm pretty happy with em, unlike the purchases I've made in other games that shall not be named. I also got pretty lucky and pulled a rare from pixite the other day which was pretty cool. I'm kinda sad i missed a month of events, but i'm doing pretty good in this one.

Add me too if you all want, The6thToe
Back to top Go down
View user profile
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:32 am

I would like to add my forum friends Smile so far I o my have clocks and crow.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wilyone

PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:22 pm

Cleaned up some inactive friends and freed enough space to send out some invites.

I'm finding this to be a semi fun event. I doubt I'll be able to actually fuse any units to epic status from the event even with the 2 day extension. I am still a little put off that I've lost 12 BP (9 bits) because someone else killed the boss while I was fighting and none of my damage registered. The 50/75 pt for attempting the boss is not much of a consolation prize ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]

PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:47 pm

I've definitely lost multiple BP as well for it not registering. Which is extra bad because some of those attacks would have been MVP and such as well.

I've found I can kill a level 10 centipede all by myself so that's 1000 pts for 2 BP (because I get the +1BP for clinching it). So that's fun when they pop up. Though I know that higher level players can kill the more advanced fighters and get way more points, so eh...

My mobs have been... half and half, really. I think I've lost 3/5 and won 2/5. Although one of those losses was 205k to 207k -- we literally lost by 2k points in the last 20 minutes or so, how sad!

If I accidentally unfriend someone from here who's friended me, just message me or remind me and add me again haha. For example I just now realized Wilyone is from here (derp). I also have ChibiLeen, madman, and 6th friended as well. Smile

e: hmm, what else. The fact that the staff sends so many "info" messages really amuses me. That said, I really wish they would get their events down on launch and not keep changing them (such as the nux bits change, the whole "raid build is now 20% elites!" push, the extra 2 days, the added ikuppi -- I mean the last one isn't bad, but they could have done it earlier haha).

forum rules | FAQ (ask questions) | find allies | unit list | want a green name?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The6thToe
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:57 pm

it's always those ~30mins at the beginning of the mob formation where i lose all my bp. I lost 9 this morning -_-.

what do you guys do with the massive amount of commons you get? i'm trying to save em and evolve em all, but i have no space at all
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wilyone

PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:32 pm

I had to buy 1 pavilion to increase the fighter limit to still be able to self-fuse fighters. I'm managing to burn all the pixite in 1 large batch so I can hope for 6 of the same to fuse and take up less space. I suppose once I've maxed out 1 of the rares to 5/5 SEF I may use its commons as leveling fodder.

I haven't decided if I'm going to use the event rares as individual level 30 units of just fuse them to increase their max level.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ChibiLeen
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:05 am

I always end up with a huge pixite/doxite backlog, but since I don't use commons as feeders - ever - I just keep them in my cache, and claim them only when I have 6 of the same. You save a lot of space through self-fusion, and eventually end up with powerful units. I have enough kuppis/banunus to level the units I use, so I never waste proper units - even common ones - as fodder. I'm trying to build a roster of lvl 60 rares, since I don't have any epics yet, so self-fusion is crucial to me. As a side note, rare+ units do not disappear from cache, so you can keep them there indefinitely.

I just wish there was an option to put units back into the cache. That would be extremely useful.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]

PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:57 am

I'm glad that there was an update that lets you know when cache items expire.

I thought though, that we would have an extra mob or two that gave us Neith primacy prizes. Now I'm stuck with a 4/5 SEF Neith.

God. Fucking. Damn it.

I'm not a good enough player to really carry my team so there were mobs I was in that just lost. Like the one from last night! Sigh...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ChibiLeen
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:59 pm

clocksprocket wrote:

I thought though, that we would have an extra mob or two that gave us Neith primacy prizes. Now I'm stuck with a 4/5 SEF Neith.

God. Fucking. Damn it.

I'm not a good enough player to really carry my team so there were mobs I was in that just lost. Like the one from last night! Sigh...

Have the same problem. Inactive mobs are absolutely discouraging. :/ I only managed to get a 3/5 SEF Neith, and only because I ended up with enough Mylittas to get an extra Neith. ^^; But I think I understand the trick to active mobs, now: you need to join a mob in the first couple of minutes after a face off ends. This is when all the active players form mobs, so you'll have a better chance of being in an active mob. Tested this today, joined practically on the dot, and am currently in a mob that's overkilling the opposition. It's a double-edged sword, though, 'cause the active players are very aggressive, and make it hard to stay in top three of your mob. But it's worth it in the end, since you get a better shot of self-fusing your way to an epic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]

PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:43 pm

Well, there's still that 50/50 (or whatever) chance that the mob you get put into is the one facing against the overly aggressive players, haha. That's happened a few times. Sometimes I hold off on joining until later because that's when people first encounter all the bosses, and I want to have time to fight a few.

My last mob lost and I think today's is as well, so no deer for me. Laughing

Do you use all your nux bits a day, and have you ever bought extra items from the store?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
The6thToe
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:20 pm

I dunno about time being a factor for which mob you get placed into. Some mobs i join right when it starts and some i join half way through. There was still an even split between my losses.

Just ran out of nux trying to win my last mob. We barely won by like 2000 cheers so now i gotta rely on everyone else to get the deer. Hopefully it works out.

Oh, have you guys gotten stuck anywhere on the mission parts? I can't beat 3-7 and i've already used all my revives and duct tape. My units are basically maxxed out too so i got no idea.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:32 pm

Kinda late with this event, but so far this one has been kinda mah for me. So far I think I enjoy the daily reset events the most, although I have to say the week (or more) events seem to give both more and better prizes.

1) I'm like a lot of you, with a 4/5 Neith, and now I'm wondering if I should get 5 epic builds and see if I can try my luck pulling them. This is a double edged sword though as

2) I've managed to get an epic Zyraxes (red barbarian), Karopithla (mage barbarian lady) and Labashi (the other primacy prize) already, so pulling anymore of them would just be dead weight.

3) Which brings me to the 3/5 Panati (remaining barbarian) and the Miscellanious Feverhangs I'm now getting. It's gotten to a point where I'm no longer particiating in Mob raids because:
a) I don't like the primacy prize
b) I'm overloaded with new units as it is. which brings me to:

4) The rank reward, unlike the others sofar, is downright boring. I've got Water Xana coming out of my ears as it is, and I'm ranked in the top 100. With all the work and resouces I've put in, I can assume everyone is in the same position as me, being they don't need those couple of rares we will get when the event ends. If there was a trade or gift mechanic, I would just give them to you guys, but as it is now I'm stuck with more deadweight rares.

5) THE Banunu!!!!!! (and Ikuppi) Because of this event I have them constantly filling my band. I've got 15 pages of units right now, and three are pure Banunu. I've already leveled every rare in my roster to its max level, this is crazy! I'm not complaining though.

Wanna Know What I Do In My Free Time? Click here

Back to top Go down
View user profile
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:37 pm

themadmanazn wrote:
I would like to add my forum friends Smile so far I o my have clocks and crow.
I will remove some inactive friends and add you if you have space Smile

Back to top Go down
View user profile
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]

PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:09 pm

Yeah, I can't imagine just one rare or whatever being worthwhile as a prize. I think at the rank I am, I will receive one of those uncommons (Gabbo?). Which is nice, but I think I only have one as it is, and unless there's some way to get them later (which there probably won't be, as they are event rank rewards) it will just take up space.

Still no elites. Laughing

Back to top Go down
View user profile
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:12 pm

Here are some screenshots of my current team:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Same team, but with the stats (if you can see them):

Spoiler:

And some misc rares I found sitting in the back of my band, reminders of the good 'ol days when Rares were effective tools:

Spoiler:

There's one more thing I forgot to screenshot. The little description on my Thunder mage Epic is a little poem and the second (and last) line is about how Epics become more common. That, in conjunction with the fact that in the help screen there is a Legendary (L) rarity listed makes me think that pretty soon they will release the first Legendary unit.

As we know each unit only has three transformations in total like a pokemon, so:
common->uncommon->rare (max)
uncommon->rare->epic (max)
rare->epic->legemdary (max)

I do not envy those who are planning on turning rares into epics.

That being said my bit of advice to new players is that after a shourt amount of time (like 2 days) you should no longer be self fusing commons, because the best they will do for you is yeild rares. It is better to find a nice event, and work on self fusing their uncommon base units to epics. Along the way there is usually a base common unit that will be thown at you, self fuse those as they give stronger rares.

base common rares are stronger than base uncommon rares of the same level, so Sussander (the big blue popular dragon) is used so much because for a rare he's pretty powerful and for a new player like me (at the time) he was invaluable. But he could never become an epic, which is a major handicap.

Also, look out for rares with good skills. I purposfully did not evolve one of my Alvidi's (the little water mage in the top right corner of my team) because his skill Flodd All is devastatingly powwerful when he's under a 200 or 300% boost. Even more so because at a 4/5 self fuse he has nearly a 60% chance for it to proc, meaning I just put him in the middle when I'm in a water or Xana doungeon and he sweeps the line 60% of the time w/out any of my units taking damage.

His Epic evolution (the horseriding mage in the bottom leftt and center) has Flodd single, but it's elite, meaning it does more damage to one enemy. That's great for bosses, or the 3rd stage 8000pt+ doungeons where Alvidi can't cut it, but has the drawback of being less than effictive when it comes to sweeping the board.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:39 pm

clocksprocket wrote:
Yeah, I can't imagine just one rare or whatever being worthwhile as a prize. I think at the rank I am, I will receive one of those uncommons (Gabbo?). Which is nice, but I think I only have one as it is, and unless there's some way to get them later (which there probably won't be, as they are event rank rewards) it will just take up space.

Still no elites. Laughing

Lol if you've got a full team of Rares then you're close to your first elite. You may have noticed most of mine came from the daily events. Just make sure you dont end up with an oversaturation of one element or tribe like I did. From what I've seen the daily events either have a dongeon of each tribe or three elements. So just pick one day and go all out.

Most people don't notice the Texi Shop, which is invaluable. I turn all my texi into bitters, which quickly stacks up (during this event I've gotten 4k text or ~13 bitters.) The bitters combined with the 10 daily aja and effictive use of the energy refill for going up a class can give you enough points+doxite+similith (if availible) to take the events uncommon base unit and turn it into an epic. A few tips:

1) the first day start in the second tier dongeon, and work your way through. If you have a team of boosted units, you should be able to push through with ease and self fuse the uncommons you get for clearing a floor into rares.

2) keep going until you either clear the second tier or reach a point where you're spending more that 2 GLU+Duct Tape to proceed.

3) whenever you reach this point, find a floor where you dont need to use any consumables and do it over and over (with aja and bitters and class refill) to farm as much doxite and points as possible.

4) Use all your doxite, self-fusing all your commons of the same element/tribe you need, and turning all those uncommons into rares.

5) I tend to self fuse my Rares once or twice, so they're at level 36 or 42, then create a third rare at level 42. When I have 3 rares in this range, I self fuse 2 of them (the self fuses carry over so if you self fuse a lvl42 rare and a level 36 rare the product will have a max level of 54, and a self fuse of 4/5) and use the third to take the place of the one I self fused in.

6) As your team grows stronger you should be able to do harder and harder floors without consumables.

7) Then the secnd day is the one where I go for Rank, attempting to get an epic from rank but usually managing to get one through self fusing Or from clearing the last floor of the third dongeon tier (this is the one where you go all out and use all of your consumables. It's brutal, there are usually 20 fights between you and the finish and the last 5 or 6 are all 3epic lines. The floor before this is also brutal...It helps to spend the $10 for 35 glu and use them in conjunction with duct tape.)

Cool after I clear the final floor I drop back down to the 7000-8000 point floor depending on my team and farm that for points.

Personally I think this whole process is easier done than said, it just took me a few events to perfect my strategy...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]

PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:10 pm

I mean, a lot of that is pretty common sense just from having played similar games like this before. That said, I feel like your strategy doesn't really apply so much until one has an elite team, or whatever.

My rares are nice but they're not sweeping the floor. I also don't get that much texi (you know, because I can't complete all the higher dungeons etc). Obviously though this happens when you've just started up but haven't used money to get ahead. As events go by I'm sure I'll be doing better. It just sucks having random event units in my inventory that will never evolve. :'(

I'm really curious as to how my current mob will do. We were losing by a good 30-40k points until maybe the past 30m when our top member woke up or something. Now we're just barely tied.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
The6thToe
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:51 am

I basically started actually playing this game with this event and already I feel like rares will come often. I don't feel bad about making room.

Has anyone saved up texi for gear? I basically forgot about the store until i had 3k texi and bought that +500 att pair of swords on the spot. It's pretty fun to see a unit use 2 skills in one turn.

Also I always save a boss from the last mob to carry over to the new mob. Helps when you're actually going for an mvp spot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:12 am

The6thToe wrote:
I basically started actually playing this game with this event and already I feel like rares will come often. I don't feel bad about making room.

Has anyone saved up texi for gear? I basically forgot about the store until i had 3k texi and bought that +500 att pair of swords on the spot. It's pretty fun to see a unit use 2 skills in one turn.

Also I always save a boss from the last mob to carry over to the new mob. Helps when you're actually going for an mvp spot.

I use texi purely for potions... maybe I'll get some gear, but doing well in events has got me spending all my texi on potions, lol. I had saved up enough for the 3k sword... then I spent it all ><

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :
Back to top Go down
View user profile
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:38 am

themadmanazn wrote:
The6thToe wrote:

I use texi purely for potions... maybe I'll get some gear, but doing well in events has got me spending all my texi on potions, lol. I had saved up enough for the 3k sword... then I spent it all ><

Yeah unless you already have an army of epics I would spend all my Texi on bitters. I can say that if you have a really good unit that seems unbalanced investing in one item for that unit is a good idea. For instance My Sussander was really lacking in speed but had huge power, so I bought a Dopple bell and self fused it.
Self fusion
reg: stat +100 skill 10%
1/5 stat +130 skill 14%
2/5 stat +160 skill 18%
3/5 stat +190 skill 22%
4/5 stat +220 skill 26%
5/5 stat +250 skill 30%

Because of this I would reccomend self fusing cheaper items before buying expensive items, and then only buying the speed and defense items Because that 30% counter on a tank and 30% preempt on a hard hitter (preempt is usually only found on speedy weaker units) are godsends.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
The6thToe
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:22 pm

predator852 wrote:
Yeah unless you already have an army of epics I would spend all my Texi on bitters. I can say that if you have a really good unit that seems unbalanced investing in one item for that unit is a good idea. For instance My Sussander was really lacking in speed but had huge power, so I bought a Dopple bell and self fused it.
Self fusion
reg: stat +100 skill 10%
1/5 stat +130 skill 14%
2/5 stat +160 skill 18%
3/5 stat +190 skill 22%
4/5 stat +220 skill 26%
5/5 stat +250 skill 30%

Because of this I would reccomend self fusing cheaper items before buying expensive items, and then only buying the speed and defense items Because that 30% counter on a tank and 30% preempt on a hard hitter (preempt is usually only found on speedy weaker units) are godsends.

All makes sense in retrospect, but i'm one of those people that has to collect everything so i'll save up to buy the most expensive stuff first then work my way down. Oh well, there's some things i'll keep in mind for the next time study
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   Today at 7:23 pm

Back to top Go down

D.O.T.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Fantasica :: General Chat-
Jump to: