HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

D.O.T.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: D.O.T.   Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:30 pm

In the recent off time I've downloaded D.O.T. (as far as I can tell it's the newest Mobage game on the market.)

I havent been able to spend much time with it because it takes a LOT of ram (almost double what Fanta runs when I'm not questing 2-7 every minute on the minute) so it heats up my phone fast and kills the battery.

So far it's fun. Like fanta, it's a card collector that employs a different genre to mask the collect-em-all money sink, except in place of TD we have an RPG style here.

Ikuppis, the D.O.T. equivilent of Angel queens in ROB and unreleased Goddess in Fanta are easy to pull.
They have a 30% chance to drop in the brave pack equivalent in D.O.T.

Units have 2 levels, a self fuze level and a regular one.

For all the units I have, the self fuze level is 5, and goes up once everytime you fuze (the "enhancing" parralel game mechanic) a unit with another copy of the same unit.

THe regular level cap is 10 for common, 20 for uncommon, 30 for rare (Like ROB, and I think BB is the same way no?) and goes up everytime you fuze a unit with any other unit.

Maxing the self fuze level causes your unit to evolve to a stronger version. I assume the rarity goes up, but havent done it yet!

Anybody else playing? I would love to know anything more!

Wanna Know What I Do In My Free Time? Click here

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ChibiLeen
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:03 pm

Sounds interesting, I'll try it. Does it have an invite / ref code system? If so, what's yours so I can get you some bonuses? Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:32 pm

ChibiLeen wrote:
Sounds interesting, I'll try it. Does it have an invite / ref code system? If so, what's yours so I can get you some bonuses? Smile

Just so everyone else know, I havent seen an invite/recruitment function anywhere and I wasnt asked for one when I signed up.

THere is a "friend" friend system, but it does not seem to serve an ingame purpose like allys do.

Each player has energy, you use 5 energy every movement in journey mode (which is like quests) and you regenerate 1 energy every 3hours, so you cn theorettically get a good 4 hours w/out "wasting" any energy...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
wilyone

PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:36 pm

The Touch Arcade thread might be helpful.
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=169577

I'm waiting for the 25 free Mobacoin offer before trying it out. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:55 pm

wilyone wrote:

Thanks! do you play? add me! You should see people complaining about the 15 and 30 dollar charges. If they only knew the super screw we get over here every week!

And I'm assuming we need to be class 10 to even see the event because I've been searching far and wide and have not found it...

And it's upsetting that units don't get exp while journeying...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
wilyone

PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:56 am

I saw the Touch Arcade thread, but hadn't decided upon jumping into another Mobage Freemium game at the moment. If I do, I'll make sure to add you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ChibiLeen
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:26 pm

predator852 wrote:
wilyone wrote:

Thanks! do you play? add me! You should see people complaining about the 15 and 30 dollar charges. If they only knew the super screw we get over here every week!

And I'm assuming we need to be class 10 to even see the event because I've been searching far and wide and have not found it...

If you're talking about the ongoing "Three Tribes" thing, you can access it once you've beaten the very first story boss, from what I've read in the notice. From then on, you can access the dungeons through Journey.

And I agree, not getting any experience from defeating mobs is kind of counter-intuitive for a game with RPG elements. xD

Add me too if you decide to play, people. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wilyone

PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:23 pm

Ugh. Unstable game. Keeps crashing in the tutorial on my n7. Rebooting to see if that helps.

Nope. Still crashes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:30 pm

ChibiLeen wrote:
predator852 wrote:
wilyone wrote:

If you're talking about the ongoing "Three Tribes" thing, you can access it once you've beaten the very first story boss, from what I've read in the notice. From then on, you can access the dungeons through Journey.

And I agree, not getting any experience from defeating mobs is kind of counter-intuitive for a game with RPG elements. xD

Add me too if you decide to play, people. Smile

I saw that. I think it was over when we began, and they brought it back the mrning of the 8th, when the update was supposed to remove the rest of the limited time building material.

Also, there is a golden version of the little tree things that gives EVEN MORE exp, leveled one of my rares from like 18-21 by itself!

On the subject of rares, I have 3 now:
1) One I got from self fuzing 5 uncommon event theri dinos. He is a wavern with a huge sprite, and is almost twice as powerful as

2) the theri drake I got when I first chose my tribe. He is okay, but I think that when you combine 5 uncommons to get a rare they are just naturally are more powerful.

3) A doomgloom (not to be confused with his color swapped cousin you get from the login bonus on day 7) that I pulled from the premium starter build. he is okay, but suffers from the same drawback as my aforementioned drake.

Each of these rares has a skill, the two dragons is level one, and the doomgloom os a level 2 skill. I believe that is why complared to the dragons, the doomgloom has sub-par stats. or it could just be hes a bad unit.

In the subject of self fusion:

self fusing commons adds 2 levels to the remaining commons max level. after 5 it evolves to an uncommon.

self fusing uncommons adds 4 levels to the remaining uncommons max level. Thus, when your uncommon has ate 3 like-named units, his max level is 32. When he eats 4 his max level is 36. BUT if you feed him another one, his max level and current level drop to 30, and he evolves into a rare. Still, his level 30 stats will be higher than a rare that was not evolved from commons at level 30...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:28 am

I self fuzed two rares this morning (My two giant waverns) and the result was interesting. His max level grew from 30-36, and his percent chance to use his skill went from 10%-14%.

I'm not sure what the max level for the Extreme (or epic) rares is, but I'm sure in 4 self fusions he will exceed it...also if the addition to his skill percent is constant, just before he evolves he will have a 26% chance.

Another thing I've noticed in the two uncommons I've evolved to rares: their skills always go from (single) that hits one enemy to (all) that hits all enemies...

I like this game!!!!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ChibiLeen
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:59 pm

What I love about D.O.T. is the fact that gathering great amounts of common units will eventually net you good units through self-fusion. The process kind of reminds me of Blood Brothers. And it suffers from the same problem too: I just don't have enough space to store my units. There's no way whatsoever to bank your defenders, from what I've seen so far (apart from careful cache management, but it's a really annoying, roundabout process). That said though, I love the massive amounts of units you get in events. By simply farming Doxite, you can get a powerful team quite quickly. Smile

Speaking of events, how/when do we get the prizes for the first day? I was ranked in the 300's, but I haven't received my unit or my Texi yet.

EDIT: Scratch that, just saw ingame info message that Prizes have been delivered. Smile They've been put into the Cache.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
wilyone

PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:27 pm

It probably does not affect your teams (ChibiLeen and Predator852) as much as mine, but for the PvP event, not engaging in a fight and letting the timer run out is the same as losing. In other words, you win streak ends. Given how mediocre my team is compared to some, I can get to a 12 or 15 match win streak before being matched up against folks that are just too much for my team. (I'm not yet willing to spend 9 NUX bits to extend my win streak.) Waiting for the BP bar to refill so I don't have to spend as many NUX bits means my win streak is zeroed out.

Starting close to the end of the 3 Tribes event meant my team sucked way too much to effectively farm enough doxite to build a better team. The special dungeons however, did mean that I was able to build my team up a bit to get some doxite farming going. It wasn't enough for me to be able to tackle any of the level 3 floors. I barely managed to finish the level 2 floors for the lightning dungeon. Taking the hint to use leaves to finish levels was key to getting some lightning and fire rares though.

I hope that when the next PvE event starts, I'll be able to start on floor 2 for the dungeons instead of floor 1. Oh, I had to end up playing on my iPhone instead of my N7. I don't know what it was that was causing my stock N7 to never make it past the tutorial.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ChibiLeen
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:28 pm

wilyone wrote:
It probably does not affect your teams (ChibiLeen and Predator852) as much as mine, but for the PvP event, not engaging in a fight and letting the timer run out is the same as losing. In other words, you win streak ends. Given how mediocre my team is compared to some, I can get to a 12 or 15 match win streak before being matched up against folks that are just too much for my team. (I'm not yet willing to spend 9 NUX bits to extend my win streak.) Waiting for the BP bar to refill so I don't have to spend as many NUX bits means my win streak is zeroed out.

I've run into a different problem: my limited NUX supply. You can win some NUX from boss battles, and you get a few from some PVP battles as well - especially early on in your winning streak. But it's waaaay not enough to maintain the winning streak after a while. I can go all the way to the maximum amount of points per win - after 30 wins (I think?) the points you gain stop rising, and you get 100 points per win, with a 500 point bonus at the end of each three battles. But while I can continue with that winning streak without any trouble by spending 3 NUX each time, I just don't have enough to maintain the streak, so I have to break it.

I think I'll just rely on cooldown while I slowly rebuild my NUX stash, and go all out again at the end of the event (... hm, kinda reminds me of TE burning xD).

Back to top Go down
View user profile
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]

PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:01 pm

I was caught out playing this game, haha.

I started playing a couple days ago because someone mentioned it on another forum.

Sprites are kind of cute. What's interesting about the game is that there is no trading/marketplace (will there ever be?) so you're basically completely on your own to assemble a team and do stuff with it. Friends also seem particularly useless. That said it does remove the (sometimes stressful) component of having to save up a lot of money, try to trade with whatever the defacto currency is for something higher, etc.

That said, the community seems particularly empty because of this, which is too bad. I log in a couple times a day for fun, though, to go through the missions and so on.

forum rules | FAQ (ask questions) | find allies | unit list | want a green name?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wadtomaton

PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:00 pm

Just installed this. seems neat. for some reason when I search peoples names for the friends list thing it's not working T_T, maybe since I just installed it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wilyone

PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:58 am

I think most of us are full on friends which means you won't find us in the friends list (I think).

The nice thing about D.O.T. is that I only need to pick it up 2-3 times a day during these dungeon events. Every 1.5 hours during the PvP event. Also, the event units look to still drop in other events so I am not stuck with units that haven't gotten to the SEF limit.

I'm going to guess that when unit trading is allowed, it will be a more Blood Brothers style market than Fanta's style.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:38 pm

I started this a couple days ago... what is a "POP"?

Quote :
[19:59:06] Varis : madman is correct

Quote :
[15:09:58] hereticloki : madman is fair

Quote :
[12:39:12] @ Crowex : Azn is right.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:00 am

themadmanazn wrote:
I started this a couple days ago... what is a "POP"?

AKA a V.O.X. that you get ever 10 classes

They're little bonuses you can place on one of your nine unit squares for a 1% bonus. The bonus stacks and I think the most you can have on one square is 10.

I've put all mine on the middle square, but Ive seen people split them between three squares or the 4 corners...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
The6thToe
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:39 am

i'm liking these events. nice and casual and you still get some good stuff out of it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crowex
ADMIN

PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:04 pm

Got like 10 rares without any effort XD I love their events..

POPULARITY LIST SEASON TWO, WEEK ONE UNDER WAY!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fantasicaunofficial.com
The6thToe
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:10 pm

anyone get that boss only has 50 hp but is super fast and 1 shots even my lvl 30 rares? how do you even damage that thing?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ChibiLeen
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:34 pm

The6thToe wrote:
anyone get that boss only has 50 hp but is super fast and 1 shots even my lvl 30 rares? how do you even damage that thing?

Yeah, I got wiped by that one as well, only managed to do 1HP damage. :/ I believe that a 3BP attack is a minimum when fighting this one. And it's probably better to wait for someone to attack first and use the Salvo bonus from the chained attack.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wilyone

PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:14 pm

Haven't run into that boss yet, but blowing all 3 BP every 1.5 hours seems to be the way I'm playing. Then again, I was 1 Pridefall away from adding another 6 levels to my Braveburn so I'm still a bit behind both ChibiLeen and Predator's teams.

If someone from here is looking to add me, let me know and I'll clear out some inactive allies. As this game seems to draw upon Ninja Royale and Blood Brothers, I am going to assume that eventually we'll end up with some event that has us forming teams and collecting some extra PT from each other every day.

As far as POP goes, I've been stacking the middle spot like Predator. You can tell if someone has a position enhanced by the difference in color. I think at 5 POP, my center spot is green or some shade of green.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:46 pm

Crowex wrote:

You must have the best luck ever with uncommons...

Quote :
[19:59:06] Varis : madman is correct

Quote :
[15:09:58] hereticloki : madman is fair

Quote :
[12:39:12] @ Crowex : Azn is right.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ChibiLeen
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:54 pm

themadmanazn wrote:
Crowex wrote:

You must have the best luck ever with uncommons...

You don't need luck, that's the best part. Smile I've got more rares than I need, simply through self-fusion and eventing. I did pull two rares from Voxite/Doxite, but even without them, I've got a healthy stable just by playing. ^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   Today at 5:43 am

Back to top Go down

D.O.T.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Fantasica :: General Chat-
Jump to: