HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 
 

 Anime Nerds...UNITE!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Would You Be Interested In A Weekly Anime Event (Check The First Post For Info)
Hellz Yes!
89%
 89% [ 24 ]
Nah, I'm too busy
11%
 11% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 27
 

AuthorMessage
ChibiLeen
☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-11-12
Posts : 679

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:49 am

kyaaya wrote:
Some older titles...

Giant Robo (big robots, 108 stars of destiny, and 1 babe)

Crest/Banner of the Stars (space opera)

Haibane Renmei (fantasy mystery)

12 Kingdoms (fantasy)

Special mention:
Touhou Memories of Phantasm - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qLtwP6fPGE (fan-made intro to the poison that is touhou Twisted Evil )

Ha, I was just thinking about re-watching Haibane Renmei. ^^ But it's not an "older" title, is it? Take Goldorak. Now that's an older anime. xD Oh, and I really recommend Haibane Renmei to those who haven't seen it. Smile It's a bit angsty and bittersweet, but well worth watching.

I've never watched 12 Kingdoms, but it looked interesting. Is it long? Care to pitch it? Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyaaya



Join date : 2012-11-05
Posts : 144

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:10 am

ChibiLeen wrote:
I've never watched 12 Kingdoms, but it looked interesting. Is it long? Care to pitch it? Smile

Quite long... (40+ episodes but is broken up into around 4 loosely-related story arcs?) Basically it's based on a series of novels where set in an alternate fantasy world where rulers are chosen by kirins (beautiful unicorns with a human form), and favor of the gods depends on the conduct of the king. Less comedy and more a tale of adventure.

Btw quite a few novels have been translated and each is about as thick as a dictionary XD (still a easy and good read)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyaaya



Join date : 2012-11-05
Posts : 144

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:18 am

ChibiLeen wrote:
Ha, I was just thinking about re-watching Haibane Renmei. ^^ But it's not an "older" title, is it?

Not sure about the english version, but the original japanese airing was in 2002 (>10 years ago Very Happy)

ChibiLeen wrote:
Take Goldorak. Now that's an older anime.

That's 1970s vintage lol

Somewhere in between will be Galaxy Express 999, Maison Ikkoku, Legend of Galactic Heroes (title sounds more like a cartoon lol), but these look somewhat dated by now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tomoyo
☆☆


Join date : 2012-12-28
Posts : 183

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:50 am

My favourite animes:

Gundam 00
Anohana
Toaru kagaku no Railgun
Kokoro Connect
Saki
Angel Beats
Toradora
AKB0048 (season 2 now!)
Shin Sekai Yori (still airing!)

Nodame Cantabile has been mentioned, I love the story so much! But I watched the dorama, and the anime (and manga) sadly cannot beat it. I recommend the dorama version to anyone here that likes Nodame Cantabile.

.. I basically can like any anime that has <100 episodes.

For the weekly event, why not vote a currently airing anime (the season just started so its a good time) and everyone can discuss each week's episode?


Back to top Go down
View user profile
ChibiLeen
☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-11-12
Posts : 679

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:01 am

tomoyo wrote:

.. I basically can like any anime that has <100 episodes.


Same here! I tend to prefer series that are anywhere between 10 and 40 episodes. Long series that have 150+ can be fun too, but a chore to watch after a while. I tend to watch anime in great bulks (several episodes a day, sometimes even a weekend marathon), because I like to see the story in its entirety fairly quickly.

@kyaaya: The French version of Goldorak was aired in the late 80's when I was a kid (although it did originally run in the late 70's in France as well), but I agree, it could be considered as vintage. Smile But to me, "old" is like more than 50 years old. Hollywood musicals from the 50's, that's truly vintage. In my head, anything released in the 21st century is still recent. Razz

And speaking of less recent anime, just remembered another old favourite of mine: City Hunter. The French dub was hilarious, they tried to tone it down for "kids", and all the villains had these ridiculous voices like villains from a Looney Tunes or Tex Avery cartoon. xD But I still liked it very much. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aszutai
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]


Join date : 2012-10-18
Posts : 1083

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:07 am

kyaaya wrote:
ChibiLeen wrote:
I've never watched 12 Kingdoms, but it looked interesting. Is it long? Care to pitch it? Smile

Quite long... (40+ episodes but is broken up into around 4 loosely-related story arcs?) Basically it's based on a series of novels where set in an alternate fantasy world where rulers are chosen by kirins (beautiful unicorns with a human form), and favor of the gods depends on the conduct of the king. Less comedy and more a tale of adventure.

Btw quite a few novels have been translated and each is about as thick as a dictionary XD (still a easy and good read)

Ugh, how did I forget about 12 Kingdoms >_<

Go watch it ChibiLeen; actually, go watch it now! XD

Hum I guess I should pitch it a bit if I'm gonna recommend it eh? The thing I like most about Twelve Kingdoms is the character growth as you progress through the story arc. A character who you might absolutely hate at the beginning of an story arc, by the end of it they have grown so much that you might actually end up really liking them. That's the best part of the series for me, to see many of the flawed character grow from someone you might really dislike or have little sympathy for into a character who others are willing to follow and support them. Btw Rakushun is awsome lol.

Edit:
Side Note: The series continues up to episode 40-50 something, but I would say episode 39 would be a good place to stop.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.genbustudios.com
tav1990
☆☆


Join date : 2012-11-24
Posts : 171

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:52 pm

Out of curiosity, have any of you seen the movie The Girl Who Leapt Through Time?

I watched it the other day and it was pretty good
Back to top Go down
View user profile
heartunderbiade



Join date : 2013-01-06
Posts : 92

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:49 pm

Bakemonogatari (1)
5 Centimeters Per Second (2) The rest are in random order.
Ano Natsu de Matteru
Steins; Gate
Madoka Magica
Kara no Kyoukai
ef Tales T_T
Cowboy Bebop
Angel Beats (Gateway drug)
Kizumonogatari when it comes out ^_^

as for recent shows that are out.

Sakurasou kanojo. From the New World <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
heartunderbiade



Join date : 2013-01-06
Posts : 92

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:50 pm

tav1990 wrote:
Out of curiosity, have any of you seen the movie The Girl Who Leapt Through Time?

I watched it the other day and it was pretty good

That show was reallly good, I'd recommend Steins;Gate if you want a really good sci fi Time traveling drama ^_^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
heartunderbiade



Join date : 2013-01-06
Posts : 92

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:51 pm

tomoyo wrote:
My favourite animes:

Gundam 00
Anohana
Toaru kagaku no Railgun
Kokoro Connect
Saki
Angel Beats
Toradora
AKB0048 (season 2 now!)
Shin Sekai Yori (still airing!)

Nodame Cantabile has been mentioned, I love the story so much! But I watched the dorama, and the anime (and manga) sadly cannot beat it. I recommend the dorama version to anyone here that likes Nodame Cantabile.

.. I basically can like any anime that has <100 episodes.

For the weekly event, why not vote a currently airing anime (the season just started so its a good time) and everyone can discuss each week's episode?





A fellow Shin Sekai Yori fan ehh. Most underappreciated show this season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tav1990
☆☆


Join date : 2012-11-24
Posts : 171

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:56 pm

heartunderbiade wrote:
tav1990 wrote:
Out of curiosity, have any of you seen the movie The Girl Who Leapt Through Time?

I watched it the other day and it was pretty good

That show was reallly good, I'd recommend Steins;Gate if you want a really good sci fi Time traveling drama ^_^

YES!!!! I have seen Steins; Gate!!! I can't believe I forgot to put it on my list!!! Loved it, great show Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
heartunderbiade



Join date : 2013-01-06
Posts : 92

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:01 pm

tav1990 wrote:
heartunderbiade wrote:
tav1990 wrote:
Out of curiosity, have any of you seen the movie The Girl Who Leapt Through Time?

I watched it the other day and it was pretty good

That show was reallly good, I'd recommend Steins;Gate if you want a really good sci fi Time traveling drama ^_^

YES!!!! I have seen Steins; Gate!!! I can't believe I forgot to put it on my list!!! Loved it, great show Smile

Madoka Magica?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aubade888
☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-11-24
Posts : 460

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:05 pm

O.O There's a lot of activity now, so I am gonna be smart and start the Weekly Anime Viewing today. I will make it a week and a half this time, rather than a week (which will be the usual after that). Make sure to tell your friends! Also send me forms with the format I will use as the first post with your suggested anime. I will draw names out of a hat to decide who hosts next.

Link: http://www.fantasicaunofficial.com/t3483-weekly-anime-viewing-week-1-hotarubi-no-mori-e-jan-9-20
Back to top Go down
View user profile
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]


Join date : 2012-11-26
Posts : 1716

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:39 pm

tav1990 wrote:
themadmanazn wrote:
tav1990 wrote:
themadmanazn wrote:
I need to sit down and think about my favorites, but some off the top of my head in no particular order...

Of All Time...
GTO
Full Metal Panic: Fumuffu
Clannad+Afterstory
Last Exile
Bakemonogatari
A Certain Scientific Railgun
Angel Beats


Recently...
Chuunibyou
Ano Hana
Hyouka
Kokoro Connect

Isn't Clannad (and After Story) and Ano Hana like the saddest things you have ever seen in your life?? I LOVE both of those shows!!! ---Though I really enjoy anime that make me feel really sad and depressed (I am by no means a depressed/depressing person Razz ) I just enjoy how much they tug on your emotions!

They are sad, which is why I like them, they are amazingly wel crafted. As for the saddest... Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien takes the cake for me... so freaken sad...

I have never seen it....I think I now know the show I'm going to watch next!!! lol Have to finish watching Minami-Ke first (hilariously funny!!) Smile

Minamike is a good show, I have seen all the seasons of that. A pretty good slice of life show. My only issue is the older sister doesn't really act like a high schooler, wayyyy too motherly IMO.

_________________
My Albuming and Trading Corner

Quote :
[19:59:06] Varis : madman is correct

Quote :
[15:09:58] hereticloki : madman is fair

Quote :
[12:39:12] @ Crowex : Azn is right.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]


Join date : 2012-11-26
Posts : 1716

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:41 pm

ChibiLeen wrote:
kyaaya wrote:
Some older titles...

Giant Robo (big robots, 108 stars of destiny, and 1 babe)

Crest/Banner of the Stars (space opera)

Haibane Renmei (fantasy mystery)

12 Kingdoms (fantasy)

Special mention:
Touhou Memories of Phantasm - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qLtwP6fPGE (fan-made intro to the poison that is touhou Twisted Evil )

Ha, I was just thinking about re-watching Haibane Renmei. ^^ But it's not an "older" title, is it? Take Goldorak. Now that's an older anime. xD Oh, and I really recommend Haibane Renmei to those who haven't seen it. Smile It's a bit angsty and bittersweet, but well worth watching.

I've never watched 12 Kingdoms, but it looked interesting. Is it long? Care to pitch it? Smile

Warning about 12 Kingdoms. It is based off of a book (I believe) and the anime stops abruptly, I think they might have run out of funds or something.

_________________
My Albuming and Trading Corner

Quote :
[19:59:06] Varis : madman is correct

Quote :
[15:09:58] hereticloki : madman is fair

Quote :
[12:39:12] @ Crowex : Azn is right.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chris58jo



Join date : 2012-10-20
Posts : 51

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:11 pm

themadmanazn wrote:
ChibiLeen wrote:
kyaaya wrote:
Some older titles...

Giant Robo (big robots, 108 stars of destiny, and 1 babe)

Crest/Banner of the Stars (space opera)

Haibane Renmei (fantasy mystery)

12 Kingdoms (fantasy)

Special mention:
Touhou Memories of Phantasm - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qLtwP6fPGE (fan-made intro to the poison that is touhou Twisted Evil )

Ha, I was just thinking about re-watching Haibane Renmei. ^^ But it's not an "older" title, is it? Take Goldorak. Now that's an older anime. xD Oh, and I really recommend Haibane Renmei to those who haven't seen it. Smile It's a bit angsty and bittersweet, but well worth watching.

I've never watched 12 Kingdoms, but it looked interesting. Is it long? Care to pitch it? Smile

Warning about 12 Kingdoms. It is based off of a book (I believe) and the anime stops abruptly, I think they might have run out of funds or something.

as far as i know the novels are still on-going, the author worked on shiki for a while and some other novels but i think she recently went back to 12 kingdoms.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tav1990
☆☆


Join date : 2012-11-24
Posts : 171

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:00 pm

heartunderbiade wrote:
tav1990 wrote:
heartunderbiade wrote:
tav1990 wrote:
Out of curiosity, have any of you seen the movie The Girl Who Leapt Through Time?

I watched it the other day and it was pretty good

That show was reallly good, I'd recommend Steins;Gate if you want a really good sci fi Time traveling drama ^_^

YES!!!! I have seen Steins; Gate!!! I can't believe I forgot to put it on my list!!! Loved it, great show Smile

Madoka Magica?

Yup! love that show as well Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tav1990
☆☆


Join date : 2012-11-24
Posts : 171

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:02 pm

themadmanazn wrote:
tav1990 wrote:
themadmanazn wrote:
tav1990 wrote:
themadmanazn wrote:
I need to sit down and think about my favorites, but some off the top of my head in no particular order...

Of All Time...
GTO
Full Metal Panic: Fumuffu
Clannad+Afterstory
Last Exile
Bakemonogatari
A Certain Scientific Railgun
Angel Beats


Recently...
Chuunibyou
Ano Hana
Hyouka
Kokoro Connect

Isn't Clannad (and After Story) and Ano Hana like the saddest things you have ever seen in your life?? I LOVE both of those shows!!! ---Though I really enjoy anime that make me feel really sad and depressed (I am by no means a depressed/depressing person Razz ) I just enjoy how much they tug on your emotions!

They are sad, which is why I like them, they are amazingly wel crafted. As for the saddest... Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien takes the cake for me... so freaken sad...

I have never seen it....I think I now know the show I'm going to watch next!!! lol Have to finish watching Minami-Ke first (hilariously funny!!) Smile

Minamike is a good show, I have seen all the seasons of that. A pretty good slice of life show. My only issue is the older sister doesn't really act like a high schooler, wayyyy too motherly IMO.

This is true, but oh well. It makes me laugh, so I'm satisfied. The middle sister is easily my favorite. Lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aubade888
☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-11-24
Posts : 460

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:25 pm

=OO I got into looking at who did voice acting for random anime today. I found lots of cool stuff.

Mamoru Miyano: http://myanimelist.net/people/65/Mamoru_Miyano

He worked on Chihayafuru (Taichi), Eureka 7(Moondoggie), InuxBoku SS(Natsume!), Soul Eater (Death The Kid), Vampire Knight (Zero), Wolf's Rain (Kiba), Steins;gate (Okabe), Durardura(Kida), etc.

I just think it's fun to find out that Death the Kid is the same voice as Zero and Kiba XDD.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chris58jo



Join date : 2012-10-20
Posts : 51

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:01 pm

aubade888 wrote:
=OO I got into looking at who did voice acting for random anime today. I found lots of cool stuff.

Mamoru Miyano: http://myanimelist.net/people/65/Mamoru_Miyano

He worked on Chihayafuru (Taichi), Eureka 7(Moondoggie), InuxBoku SS(Natsume!), Soul Eater (Death The Kid), Vampire Knight (Zero), Wolf's Rain (Kiba), Steins;gate (Okabe), Durardura(Kida), etc.

I just think it's fun to find out that Death the Kid is the same voice as Zero and Kiba XDD.

Gundam 00: Setsuna F. Seiei!!!

He's got one of the best voices for otome games too! xD *runs off hiding in embarrassment*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aubade888
☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-11-24
Posts : 460

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:03 pm

chris58jo wrote:
aubade888 wrote:
=OO I got into looking at who did voice acting for random anime today. I found lots of cool stuff.

Mamoru Miyano: http://myanimelist.net/people/65/Mamoru_Miyano

He worked on Chihayafuru (Taichi), Eureka 7(Moondoggie), InuxBoku SS(Natsume!), Soul Eater (Death The Kid), Vampire Knight (Zero), Wolf's Rain (Kiba), Steins;gate (Okabe), Durardura(Kida), etc.

I just think it's fun to find out that Death the Kid is the same voice as Zero and Kiba XDD.

Gundam 00: Setsuna F. Seiei!!!

He's got one of the best voices for otome games too! xD *runs off hiding in embarrassment*

XD I have been biding my time with this boring event reading the crappiest of crap romance novels. There is no shame here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]


Join date : 2012-11-26
Posts : 1716

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:53 pm

tav1990 wrote:


This is true, but oh well. It makes me laugh, so I'm satisfied. The middle sister is easily my favorite. Lol

The youngest sister is my favorite, I love how abusive she is towards her classmates.

_________________
My Albuming and Trading Corner

Quote :
[19:59:06] Varis : madman is correct

Quote :
[15:09:58] hereticloki : madman is fair

Quote :
[12:39:12] @ Crowex : Azn is right.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tav1990
☆☆


Join date : 2012-11-24
Posts : 171

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:32 pm

themadmanazn wrote:
tav1990 wrote:


This is true, but oh well. It makes me laugh, so I'm satisfied. The middle sister is easily my favorite. Lol

The youngest sister is my favorite, I love how abusive she is towards her classmates.

Don't know if you know this or not, but the fourth season just started this month! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]


Join date : 2012-11-26
Posts : 1716

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:02 pm

tav1990 wrote:
themadmanazn wrote:
tav1990 wrote:


This is true, but oh well. It makes me laugh, so I'm satisfied. The middle sister is easily my favorite. Lol

The youngest sister is my favorite, I love how abusive she is towards her classmates.

Don't know if you know this or not, but the fourth season just started this month! Smile

Ya, I keep up with the anime seasons, but I tend not to start a season until the entire season has concluded. Looking forward to it a couple months from now Very Happy

_________________
My Albuming and Trading Corner

Quote :
[19:59:06] Varis : madman is correct

Quote :
[15:09:58] hereticloki : madman is fair

Quote :
[12:39:12] @ Crowex : Azn is right.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ChibiLeen
☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-11-12
Posts : 679

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:20 pm

aubade888 wrote:
=OO I got into looking at who did voice acting for random anime today. I found lots of cool stuff.

Mamoru Miyano: http://myanimelist.net/people/65/Mamoru_Miyano

He worked on Chihayafuru (Taichi), Eureka 7(Moondoggie), InuxBoku SS(Natsume!), Soul Eater (Death The Kid), Vampire Knight (Zero), Wolf's Rain (Kiba), Steins;gate (Okabe), Durardura(Kida), etc.

I just think it's fun to find out that Death the Kid is the same voice as Zero and Kiba XDD.

I'm pretty much out of the anime circuit at the moment, so I don't know many of the newest Seiyuu (I do know Mamoru Miyano from Wolf's Rain and Ouran High School Host Club, though). But I still love everything that has to do with voice acting, in anime, video games and movie/series dubs. It's one of my oddest hobbies, I'll admit, but I just love hunting down voices that I like. Sometimes, I will even watch/play something just because it has my favourite voice actors in it. xD It was the case with Saiyuki, for example. I just love Toshihiko Seki as Sanzo, and Akira Ishida is one of my top three favourites. <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Today at 9:36 am

Back to top Go down
 
Anime Nerds...UNITE!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Anime Nerds...UNITE!
» Anime Openings and Closings
» Got your hands on a new anime/manga title? Discuss here!
» Mai-HiME: Manga or Anime?
» Some other Anime series

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Fantasica :: General Chat-
Jump to: