HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 
 

 Anime Nerds...UNITE!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Would You Be Interested In A Weekly Anime Event (Check The First Post For Info)
Hellz Yes!
89%
 89% [ 24 ]
Nah, I'm too busy
11%
 11% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 27
 

AuthorMessage
memphiskite
Battalion General [LEGENDARY]


Join date : 2012-09-15
Posts : 1751

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:19 pm

Oh really? Hmm... probably my sort of taste... I usually just watch whatever interests me. Razz
I'd even go and watch some easy-going 'lifestyle' shoujo anime if there was something there that caught my eye (ahem.... girls... Razz)
Nooooo.... no anime list...? DX
I think I have one but it's just a list of all the anime I've seen in my life written down on my phone when I was bored one day XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.memphiskite.deviantart.com
aubade888
☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-11-24
Posts : 460

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:24 pm

XD I remember being pretty embarrassed looking at my list. If I showed it to anyone it would
surely ruin my street cred. Especially all of the really terrible Shojo manga. I think the thing that bugs me about shojo is that most of the female characters have the intelligence of a rock, but I am able to get over it if there is a hot guy involved. I just read one where this chick had the choice of dying or marrying this guy. And she's like "well, in the last week I've been attacked 5 times and many guys have attempted to rape me, but I don't know if I love this dude, I can't marry him!!" Or the standard "Hmm, I think I will go walk on my own into a creepy area. =OOO You mean there are people there who want to abduct me? WHAT A SURPRISE!!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
memphiskite
Battalion General [LEGENDARY]


Join date : 2012-09-15
Posts : 1751

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:42 pm

LOL XD
It's the internet. What street cred can you maintain when it's so easy to make up rumors in it?
Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if someone assumed I was a crossdresser in secret (..... please don't btw ppl)

Oh really? Guess I haven't read enough to pick that up.... or maybe I was being blind... Neutral
Well actually, the 'walking down the street alone at night' seems pretty obvious what will happen - just bad news waiting to arrive. Who seriously still thinks like that? It's insane....! DX

So I'm right to assume there's not much imagination within Shojo manga/anime? I don't think I've seen enough to make an assumption on my own, or maybe I have but haven't realised it until someone tells me so.... I'm pretty sure I've seen more action stuff since I'm an idiotic dude....
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.memphiskite.deviantart.com
aubade888
☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-11-24
Posts : 460

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:52 pm

memphiskite wrote:
LOL XD
It's the internet. What street cred can you maintain when it's so easy to make up rumors in it?
Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if someone assumed I was a crossdresser in secret (..... please don't btw ppl)

Oh really? Guess I haven't read enough to pick that up.... or maybe I was being blind... Neutral
Well actually, the 'walking down the street alone at night' seems pretty obvious what will happen - just bad news waiting to arrive. Who seriously still thinks like that? It's insane....! DX

So I'm right to assume there's not much imagination within Shojo manga/anime? I don't think I've seen enough to make an assumption on my own, or maybe I have but haven't realised it until someone tells me so.... I'm pretty sure I've seen more action stuff since I'm an idiotic dude....

Eh, I think there's good and bad in every area. I think the lowest shojo could be descibed as pandering to the "twilight crowd," but I've read some pretty good ones.

I like Nodame Canitable, which is a really cute anime/manga about a girl who is a piano genius and a guy who is a prodigy. A large focus of the anime is their relationship, but another portion of it is deicated to developing characters and story.

I also like Chihayafuru. It has some cliche type stuff, like a backstory involving childhood friends, but it's still cute and develops characters and plot well. It manages to be an anime about sports but it does so in a way which isn't boring.

A new type of sub-genere is popping up which is subverting plots/themes of shojo into something different. There is Puella Magi Madoka Magica, which is about magical girls who are supposed to be saving the world from witches, but it gets gradually darker.

There is also a dark comedy anime I saw called Dai Mahou Touge which is really funny, it's about a magical girl who wants to take over the world using the art of "submission." It's really short, but I enjoy it.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]


Join date : 2012-11-26
Posts : 1716

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:53 pm

I need to sit down and think about my favorites, but some off the top of my head in no particular order...

Of All Time...
GTO
Full Metal Panic: Fumuffu
Clannad+Afterstory
Last Exile
Bakemonogatari
A Certain Scientific Railgun
Angel Beats


Recently...
Chuunibyou
Ano Hana
Hyouka
Kokoro Connect

_________________
My Albuming and Trading Corner

Quote :
[19:59:06] Varis : madman is correct

Quote :
[15:09:58] hereticloki : madman is fair

Quote :
[12:39:12] @ Crowex : Azn is right.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tav1990
☆☆


Join date : 2012-11-24
Posts : 171

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:22 pm

themadmanazn wrote:
I need to sit down and think about my favorites, but some off the top of my head in no particular order...

Of All Time...
GTO
Full Metal Panic: Fumuffu
Clannad+Afterstory
Last Exile
Bakemonogatari
A Certain Scientific Railgun
Angel Beats


Recently...
Chuunibyou
Ano Hana
Hyouka
Kokoro Connect

Isn't Clannad (and After Story) and Ano Hana like the saddest things you have ever seen in your life?? I LOVE both of those shows!!! ---Though I really enjoy anime that make me feel really sad and depressed (I am by no means a depressed/depressing person Razz ) I just enjoy how much they tug on your emotions!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
memphiskite
Battalion General [LEGENDARY]


Join date : 2012-09-15
Posts : 1751

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:35 pm

aubade888 wrote:
memphiskite wrote:
LOL XD
It's the internet. What street cred can you maintain when it's so easy to make up rumors in it?
Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if someone assumed I was a crossdresser in secret (..... please don't btw ppl)

Oh really? Guess I haven't read enough to pick that up.... or maybe I was being blind... Neutral
Well actually, the 'walking down the street alone at night' seems pretty obvious what will happen - just bad news waiting to arrive. Who seriously still thinks like that? It's insane....! DX

So I'm right to assume there's not much imagination within Shojo manga/anime? I don't think I've seen enough to make an assumption on my own, or maybe I have but haven't realised it until someone tells me so.... I'm pretty sure I've seen more action stuff since I'm an idiotic dude....

Eh, I think there's good and bad in every area. I think the lowest shojo could be descibed as pandering to the "twilight crowd," but I've read some pretty good ones.

I like Nodame Canitable, which is a really cute anime/manga about a girl who is a piano genius and a guy who is a prodigy. A large focus of the anime is their relationship, but another portion of it is deicated to developing characters and story.

I also like Chihayafuru. It has some cliche type stuff, like a backstory involving childhood friends, but it's still cute and develops characters and plot well. It manages to be an anime about sports but it does so in a way which isn't boring.

A new type of sub-genere is popping up which is subverting plots/themes of shojo into something different. There is Puella Magi Madoka Magica, which is about magical girls who are supposed to be saving the world from witches, but it gets gradually darker.

There is also a dark comedy anime I saw called Dai Mahou Touge which is really funny, it's about a magical girl who wants to take over the world using the art of "submission." It's really short, but I enjoy it.


Yep. I'm somewhat curious to check them out, except for Puella Magi Madoka Magica. Not a fan of magicial girls, even though I've seen Sailor Moon and kinda enjoyed that for a while.

Feel like watching Galaxy Angel again now, damnit.... still haven't gotten my hands on Galaxy Angel X. I want Chitose.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.memphiskite.deviantart.com
Br4dford
☆☆


Join date : 2012-11-05
Posts : 177

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:37 am

voted too busy because i am. I would love to and may join in from time to time, but not on a regular basis.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KeyBlade



Join date : 2013-01-01
Posts : 70

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:55 pm

aubade888 wrote:
Haha, we're not anime academics or elitists here. Any interest in anime is great, and there are lots of people who want to fangirlshly give you recommendations if you're intersted (myself included) . =3
I'd love some recommendations! I'll look into the ones you guys have already mentioned. =D

I've seen the Eureka 7 movie (sooo confusing Shocked ) but not the anime.

Regarding the Weekly Anime Event, I'm up for it! Definitely would motivate me to watch more anime! xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://people.ign.com/gunblade
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]


Join date : 2012-11-26
Posts : 1716

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:59 pm

tav1990 wrote:
themadmanazn wrote:
I need to sit down and think about my favorites, but some off the top of my head in no particular order...

Of All Time...
GTO
Full Metal Panic: Fumuffu
Clannad+Afterstory
Last Exile
Bakemonogatari
A Certain Scientific Railgun
Angel Beats


Recently...
Chuunibyou
Ano Hana
Hyouka
Kokoro Connect

Isn't Clannad (and After Story) and Ano Hana like the saddest things you have ever seen in your life?? I LOVE both of those shows!!! ---Though I really enjoy anime that make me feel really sad and depressed (I am by no means a depressed/depressing person Razz ) I just enjoy how much they tug on your emotions!

They are sad, which is why I like them, they are amazingly wel crafted. As for the saddest... Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien takes the cake for me... so freaken sad...

_________________
My Albuming and Trading Corner

Quote :
[19:59:06] Varis : madman is correct

Quote :
[15:09:58] hereticloki : madman is fair

Quote :
[12:39:12] @ Crowex : Azn is right.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aubade888
☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-11-24
Posts : 460

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:01 pm

Br4dford: The intent of the weekly thing would be a really casual type thing. It wouldn't be like you have a membership and you're formally required to comment. It would be more like "hey, Im gonna watch an anime this week, you should too coz it's cool. Also you can comment on it."

Keyblade: Yay! XD I think I am seeing enough interest to go forward with it. I will wait a few days to see if we can spread the word.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]


Join date : 2012-11-26
Posts : 1716

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:01 pm

memphiskite wrote:


Yep. I'm somewhat curious to check them out, except for Puella Magi Madoka Magica. Not a fan of magicial girls, even though I've seen Sailor Moon and kinda enjoyed that for a while.

Feel like watching Galaxy Angel again now, damnit.... still haven't gotten my hands on Galaxy Angel X. I want Chitose.

Madoka is not really about magical girls... it is more like a dark (almost horror/scifi esque) story put in a magical girl wrapper.

_________________
My Albuming and Trading Corner

Quote :
[19:59:06] Varis : madman is correct

Quote :
[15:09:58] hereticloki : madman is fair

Quote :
[12:39:12] @ Crowex : Azn is right.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aubade888
☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-11-24
Posts : 460

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:06 pm

themadmanazn wrote:
memphiskite wrote:


Yep. I'm somewhat curious to check them out, except for Puella Magi Madoka Magica. Not a fan of magicial girls, even though I've seen Sailor Moon and kinda enjoyed that for a while.

Feel like watching Galaxy Angel again now, damnit.... still haven't gotten my hands on Galaxy Angel X. I want Chitose.

Madoka is not really about magical girls... it is more like a dark (almost horror/scifi esque) story put in a magical girl wrapper.

Yes! Thanks for clarifying that point XD.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KeyBlade



Join date : 2013-01-01
Posts : 70

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:12 pm

aubade888 wrote:
Keyblade: Yay! XD I think I am seeing enough interest to go forward with it. I will wait a few days to see if we can spread the word.
You should give a 5* card to everyone who joins! Twisted Evil

Kidding! I can't wait to get started! ^_^
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://people.ign.com/gunblade
tav1990
☆☆


Join date : 2012-11-24
Posts : 171

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:35 pm

themadmanazn wrote:
tav1990 wrote:
themadmanazn wrote:
I need to sit down and think about my favorites, but some off the top of my head in no particular order...

Of All Time...
GTO
Full Metal Panic: Fumuffu
Clannad+Afterstory
Last Exile
Bakemonogatari
A Certain Scientific Railgun
Angel Beats


Recently...
Chuunibyou
Ano Hana
Hyouka
Kokoro Connect

Isn't Clannad (and After Story) and Ano Hana like the saddest things you have ever seen in your life?? I LOVE both of those shows!!! ---Though I really enjoy anime that make me feel really sad and depressed (I am by no means a depressed/depressing person Razz ) I just enjoy how much they tug on your emotions!

They are sad, which is why I like them, they are amazingly wel crafted. As for the saddest... Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien takes the cake for me... so freaken sad...

I have never seen it....I think I now know the show I'm going to watch next!!! lol Have to finish watching Minami-Ke first (hilariously funny!!) Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chris58jo



Join date : 2012-10-20
Posts : 51

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:54 pm

@memphiskite:

I recommend Natsume's Book of Friends, it's shoujo but main character is a guy!

@KeyBlade:

Maybe the person who recommends for the week can choose to offer a prize then give it to his/her favorite commentor?!?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aszutai
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]


Join date : 2012-10-18
Posts : 1083

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:58 pm

chris58jo wrote:
@memphiskite:

I recommend Natsume's Book of Friends, it's shoujo but main character is a guy!


I second Natsume's Book of Friends (Natsume No Yuujinchou) Very Happy

It's shoujo, but I don't really get that vibe from the show; it feels more gender neutral to me. Which isn't a bad thing at all! ^_^
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.genbustudios.com
HoundR
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]


Join date : 2012-12-05
Posts : 616

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:58 pm

Just to add my little contribution. I'm not a super fan of anime, mainly because I don't know which ones are amazing and which ones aren't. But here's my short list:

1. Dragon Ball (no GT plz)
2. Death Note
3. Elfen Lied (had to stop watching because it was borrowed)
4. Code Geass (just listing it cause I have it, but it's M.I.A.)

I could watch the ones on Netflix, I just don't know which one. Help is always appreciated :3

_________________
- - - Embrace Reality - - -
kik: HellhoundR
Valkyrie Crusade: 2irja
----- HoundR's LE Units&Monsters 4*/5*/6* SHOP !!! -----

Trading Center complaints/suggestions/multiple thread or RMT I didn't see/anything else PM me! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KeyBlade



Join date : 2013-01-01
Posts : 70

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:50 pm

@HoundR

A.k.a Deuscion! Hey you're my ally! Sup! xD

@chris58jo

That's a good idea! Although if I did choose to do it, I'd feel guilty giving only 1 person a prize and not everyone else... Also my prize(s) would be terrible, like 1* feeders or something... T-T
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://people.ign.com/gunblade
chris58jo



Join date : 2012-10-20
Posts : 51

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:10 pm

KeyBlade wrote:
@HoundR

A.k.a Deuscion! Hey you're my ally! Sup! xD

@chris58jo

That's a good idea! Although if I did choose to do it, I'd feel guilty giving only 1 person a prize and not everyone else... Also my prize(s) would be terrible, like 1* feeders or something... T-T

hey, it's the thought that counts Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aubade888
☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-11-24
Posts : 460

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:11 pm

Haha, great ideas guys!

My suggestion would be that I could set up a prize pool or something that people could donate to. Something like a donation pool of classic 4*s, luna, and feeders? I would make sure to keep a publicly documented record so no one worries about anything shady XD. Something like:

Angela donated by Chris58jo
Gleb donated by Keyblade
5 lvl 10 bears donated by Houndr
100K luna donated by anonymous

etc etc

Then the person who wins can select which one they want.

If I did set up the weekly anime thing, I would provide ways of getting the said weekly anime through kik or PM, but not on the topic its self.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
memphiskite
Battalion General [LEGENDARY]


Join date : 2012-09-15
Posts : 1751

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:29 pm

themadmanazn wrote:
memphiskite wrote:

Yep. I'm somewhat curious to check them out, except for Puella Magi Madoka Magica. Not a fan of magicial girls, even though I've seen Sailor Moon and kinda enjoyed that for a while.

Feel like watching Galaxy Angel again now, damnit.... still haven't gotten my hands on Galaxy Angel X. I want Chitose.

Madoka is not really about magical girls... it is more like a dark (almost horror/scifi esque) story put in a magical girl wrapper.

Too late. 'Magical girls' was mentioned. If you lied to me and said it had girls in bikinis, maybe I would have taken interest in such a bad way. XD


aszutai wrote:
chris58jo wrote:
@memphiskite:

I recommend Natsume's Book of Friends, it's shoujo but main character is a guy!


I second Natsume's Book of Friends (Natsume No Yuujinchou) Very Happy

It's shoujo, but I don't really get that vibe from the show; it feels more gender neutral to me. Which isn't a bad thing at all! ^_^

Noted! I'll give that a chance too. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.memphiskite.deviantart.com
aubade888
☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-11-24
Posts : 460

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:42 pm

For the person suggesting the anime I would have them answer these questions and put them in the weekly topic.



What anime would you like us to view?

Hotarubi no Mori e

Is it a movie or show? Which episodes should we watch?

It's a movie.

Any comments about the anime?

It's a bittersweet love story with spectacular art ( style is reminiscent of Miyazaki) and great pacing. It was written by Yuki Midorikawa, creator of Natsume Yuuchinjou.

What genere/interests does this anime cover?

Romance, Shojo, Supernatural, Youkai
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaillardia
☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-12-26
Posts : 446

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:13 am

These are my all time faves i don't have an order of preference since i like them all!
Hayate no Gotoku
Naruto
Histories Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Kyo Kara Maoh
Sword Art Online
Shugo Chara (yes it's nice ok!)
K-Project
Fairy Tail(Love this one!!)
One Piece(Awesome anime!!)

and there's a whole lot more but these are my faves Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyaaya



Join date : 2012-11-05
Posts : 144

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:27 am

Some older titles...

Giant Robo (big robots, 108 stars of destiny, and 1 babe)

Crest/Banner of the Stars (space opera)

Haibane Renmei (fantasy mystery)

12 Kingdoms (fantasy)

Special mention:
Touhou Memories of Phantasm - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qLtwP6fPGE (fan-made intro to the poison that is touhou Twisted Evil )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Today at 7:43 am

Back to top Go down
 
Anime Nerds...UNITE!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Anime Nerds...UNITE!
» Anime Openings and Closings
» Got your hands on a new anime/manga title? Discuss here!
» Mai-HiME: Manga or Anime?
» Some other Anime series

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Fantasica :: General Chat-
Jump to: