HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

Kindergarten Trading ...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dekaden

PostSubject: Kindergarten Trading ...   Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:54 pm

Please future traders on the forums here, a bit of advice. If someone is selling a 6* what makes you think that your crappy 5*s are somehow automatically worth 20%+ more than their actual value in your trade?? And why is it when I ask you to add because now I have to sell all your cards and I am clearly trading down, that you get fiercely defensive on your trades worth. Listen up if you are trading up with anything but pure te then it is inevitable that you are going to overpay. That is the price of turning your crappy cards into a 6*. If I am selling Charles (which I am) and I ask for 350 that I a pure te value. Rember I don't value your cards as much as you because mine are better, you are trading up remember?

If my price is 350 then come at me with pure te. If you want to trade cards instead you pay more because I'm not gonna waste my time turning your cards into te because tha was your job not mine. You are basically paying me extra so I can do your job.

If tl;dr then at least read this. Be generous to the guy your trying to buy a 6* from, don't be stingy, he is doing you a favor by allowing you to buy with 5*s instead of te.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: Kindergarten Trading ...   Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:14 pm

Well, simply put, the market is in a terrible spot right now. Really, I wouldn't value charles at 300pure te, my highest offer would be 250, but there is no hard edge value of cards so arguments can really be made for any range.

Players that trade down are not always doing so to be advantageous of new players. Most of the time they are doing it because maxed 5*s make great feeders. Also, there needs to be a margin of buyer and seller etiquitte...

Sellers who trade down need to realize that people who are trading up don't really have the resources to get a 6* with pure te, or they would

Buyers need to realize that no matter what the reason is, they are offering, and thus the trade is in the mercy of the seller. Why would you get rude with someone who has the power of the trade in their hands!

And also you have to remember that the 5* market is ugly right now. Cards going for less than 40te, nobody knows the worth of anything, and nobody wants to pay pure te for a 5*, but everyone only wants to sell for pure te...

So I think what you're seeing is that you are telling people that their card is worth less than what they previously thought, and their getting offended...

Wanna Know What I Do In My Free Time? Click here

Back to top Go down
View user profile
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Kindergarten Trading ...   Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:02 pm

Dekaden wrote:
Please future traders on the forums here, a bit of advice. If someone is selling a 6* what makes you think that your crappy 5*s are somehow automatically worth 20%+ more than their actual value in your trade?? And why is it when I ask you to add because now I have to sell all your cards and I am clearly trading down, that you get fiercely defensive on your trades worth. Listen up if you are trading up with anything but pure te then it is inevitable that you are going to overpay. That is the price of turning your crappy cards into a 6*. If I am selling Charles (which I am) and I ask for 350 that I a pure te value. Rember I don't value your cards as much as you because mine are better, you are trading up remember?

If my price is 350 then come at me with pure te. If you want to trade cards instead you pay more because I'm not gonna waste my time turning your cards into te because tha was your job not mine. You are basically paying me extra so I can do your job.

If tl;dr then at least read this. Be generous to the guy your trying to buy a 6* from, don't be stingy, he is doing you a favor by allowing you to buy with 5*s instead of te.

Calm down. New players will always pull the unpredictable. Besides, I've seen Charles at the value of 200-250TE. I think the problem here is the clash of expectation between two of you. You pissed him off and he pissed you off.

There might have been a different consultation between the both of you. I have allies who have many great cards but it never hurts them to ask the forum or their allies for consultation before trade.

With that said, I hope you come to a fair price. What I say is just my opinion. I could be wrong too. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dekaden

PostSubject: Re: Kindergarten Trading ...   Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:20 pm

Oh my ire is up but I'm not angry I have the benefit of still having a very useful 6* if I do not sell. I would actually think about a pure 250te offer but 250te worth of cards is another matter. I take issue with the fact that 5*s are bleeding out right now like a stuck hog. I would just like the buyer to consider that when they offer, they should take in account that if they are havin problems turning their 5*s into te then as the seller I should be aware as well. I have allies who love the game just for the trading. I personally don't like looking at the same cards day in and day out. Traded off my Monica for 4 6*s and Ana early hoping that doesn't come back to bite me. But I digress, my point is you newer traders should remember to take in account the basics of supply and demand. 6* high demand while 5*s are much lower. Multiple units with a market value equal to my pure te price is actually not the se as offering me pure te. I don't get to leave the trading forum with my newfound wealth, I have to stick around and sell 5X more cards than I started!

Just be polite is all. Don't try and gouge me and I won't gouge you. A little knowledge goes a long way. Remember to sell units at market value not personal value.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Kindergarten Trading ...   Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:25 pm

Dekaden wrote:
Oh my ire is up but I'm not angry I have the benefit of still having a very useful 6* if I do not sell. I would actually think about a pure 250te offer but 250te worth of cards is another matter. I take issue with the fact that 5*s are bleeding out right now like a stuck hog. I would just like the buyer to consider that when they offer, they should take in account that if they are havin problems turning their 5*s into te then as the seller I should be aware as well. I have allies who love the game just for the trading. I personally don't like looking at the same cards day in and day out. Traded off my Monica for 4 6*s and Ana early hoping that doesn't come back to bite me. But I digress, my point is you newer traders should remember to take in account the basics of supply and demand. 6* high demand while 5*s are much lower. Multiple units with a market value equal to my pure te price is actually not the se as offering me pure te. I don't get to leave the trading forum with my newfound wealth, I have to stick around and sell 5X more cards than I started!

Just be polite is all. Don't try and gouge me and I won't gouge you. A little knowledge goes a long way. Remember to sell units at market value not personal value.
Tell him to join the forum and read the guides. lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joeladams20
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Kindergarten Trading ...   Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:43 pm

Haggling is always going to be present in any form of trading system

Last edited by joeladams20 on Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: Kindergarten Trading ...   Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:44 pm

Dekaden wrote:
Remember to sell units at market value not personal value.

Not completely true. If you can find someone who really wants a card, they would be willing to pay more for it. Likewise, if you can find someone who doesn't care for a card, they might sell for lower than market value.

Quote :
[19:59:06] Varis : madman is correct

Quote :
[15:09:58] hereticloki : madman is fair

Quote :
[12:39:12] @ Crowex : Azn is right.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rotarywhiz
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Kindergarten Trading ...   Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:37 pm

themadmanazn wrote:
Dekaden wrote:
Remember to sell units at market value not personal value.

Not completely true. If you can find someone who really wants a card, they would be willing to pay more for it. Likewise, if you can find someone who doesn't care for a card, they might sell for lower than market value.

This is very true, there is no set market value for cards because the market is always changing. It also fluctuates depending on the current event, I had one guy come onto my trading post and argue with me because I was trying to find ww(u) for 60 te and he said I wouldn't be able to get it for less than 160 te. Well long story short I got it for 100 pots because the current event at the time required pots so people were willing to trade more for them, so never get mad if someone tried to lowball you try to meet in the middle somewhere or just say no thank you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: Kindergarten Trading ...   Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:15 pm

Yeah before the 100k reward of the soul hunters was revealed I sold my WW for pat, and at the end of the event traded Pat for a 5*, 40 te and 2maxed 4*s...neither trade was up to "market" value standards at the time... Everythings a gamble, 99% of playrs might be selling Monica for 1kte, but there will always be that oddball in a special circumstance selling his for 500te...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
orionknight
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Kindergarten Trading ...   Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:05 pm

Sounds like a rant to me...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whenesday
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: Kindergarten Trading ...   Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:39 pm

Even though it is a free market, you'll be generally be expected to offer a higher value when trying to up-trade cards, as otherwise the seller with the higher-tiered card has no incentive to trade the card for a bunch of lower-valued cards.

Otherwise, the other player should just sell his lower-valued cards for TE by himself, then offer to purchase the high-valued card with TE.As what Dekaden said, it actually takes time and effort to convert the cards to TE.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chris58jo

PostSubject: Re: Kindergarten Trading ...   Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:24 pm

I feel the way you do when i see offers like this:

"wtt kiki and sonia for you debbie"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dekaden

PostSubject: Re: Kindergarten Trading ...   Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:07 pm

It actually wasnt a rant. I was frustrated when I posted it but it was more to get the information out there. I guess I am out of line as well because all I have to do is say no thank you have a nice day.

This event was the worst timing for my post lol, prices have plummeted because of the event need for te. People selling cards for cutthroat pure te offers and people are misinterpreting that as the card as a whole lost value and therefore the extremely low offers are pouring in. IE I say Ill sell ANA for 400te pure and now ppl think the reinhard they bought at 450te a month ago is worth an even swap. Meh it is a young market and when the main currency is consumable prices are going to jump around like flubber.

Meh I guess offer me what you like, Ill just most likely say no and wait for a legitimate offer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: Kindergarten Trading ...   Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:32 am

Yeah I see what you've been saying. You make some good points, but the way the market is, I just cant see anyone placing the blame on the players...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
larrydust
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Kindergarten Trading ...   Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:15 pm

I certainly don't consider myself an accomplished trader by any means, I am probably not even reaching the middle of the road. However, I do consider some offers to be completely out of line. You may not know the exact value of the card(s) you are trading or offering for, but you should at least do some research on your offering.

You may think all you are doing is trying to get a good deal out of the seller/buyer, but some offers should never have been made. I came across this offer today on someone's wall:

Sheryl, max Mihiro, Lady Sun for Christmas Debbie.

Seriously?!? I find that offer to be downright insulting. A lowball offer is one thing, this offer looks like a slap to the face of the Debbie owner. (I would estimate the offer to be <10% of Debbie's value.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kindergarten Trading ...   Today at 7:52 pm

Back to top Go down

Kindergarten Trading ...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1