HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

What's in your box? [complaining / appreciation station]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Peppuslayer

PostSubject: Re: What's in your box? [complaining / appreciation station]   Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:00 am

Normal odds for 5* are 2.7%, up to 5.4% with the 7th step up.

It's pretty much a gamble. Fortunately playing without spending real money is possible, even more satisfying under many aspects.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
metadune

PostSubject: Re: What's in your box? [complaining / appreciation station]   Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:07 am

BlueInfyn wrote:
I think we'd be more pissed if 6* were common and worthless, than having them be rarer and worth more.

It's like buying real card packs. You could spend hundreds and not pull a holographic rare card, but that's why they're rare?

I'm not saying 6* cards should be common but if you're spending $20 - $40 at least make the 6* rates higher than freaking .2%..... lol

Last edited by metadune on Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
metadune

PostSubject: Re: What's in your box? [complaining / appreciation station]   Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:09 am

Peppuslayer wrote:
Normal odds for 5* are 2.7%, up to 5.4% with the 7th step up.

It's pretty much a gamble. Fortunately playing without spending real money is possible, even more satisfying under many aspects.

Yea I have no problems supporting and helping the developers but it works both ways so they could at least throw me a bone or 2 and not all trash
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Peppuslayer

PostSubject: Re: What's in your box? [complaining / appreciation station]   Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:13 am

Well, they put up interesting events weekly which reward you nicely. With some effort you can even grind for 5* and 6* cards without having to spend a single penny. Plus, every now and then you collect tickets, so luckily it's not all trash, just slower Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LivingNexus

PostSubject: Re: What's in your box? [complaining / appreciation station]   Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:20 pm

BlueInfyn wrote:
I think we'd be more pissed if 6* were common and worthless, than having them be rarer and worth more.

It's like buying real card packs. You could spend hundreds and not pull a holographic rare card, but that's why they're rare?

I guess, but I spent maybe $200 total over the course of a few years on Pokemon cards, and I got TONS of holographics and rares. The rest of it was trading a bunch. And that was just from the first generation. If I had dropped A THOUSAND F'ING DOLLARS on booster packs, I'd expect to get solid chunks of gold in my card packs! (Fun fact: I actually have a solid gold Pokemon card, in a little comemorative pokeball case. I forget how I got it though.)

They're essentially treating every 6* as if it's a limited edition Egyptian Mew card, which is fine because the highest tier needs to be pretty rare. But the 5* then should be treated like regular holographics, etc. etc. In the 2011 booster packs, there were ten cards. In each pack you would find five common cards, three uncommon cards, one rare card, and one random card. So while your chances of finding a particular card were pretty low, you'd at least get something. And buying special packs like booster boxes upped your chances of finding very rare cards.

Now, Fantasica is a little different because you can level up your cards, and feed lower level cards to higher ones. Even so, spending a thousand dollars on specially built booster packs and getting nothing but 2* and 3* isn't just maliciously low odds, it's a scam. Obviously the game is designed to make you want to spend money, that's how free-to-play games are built. You trade your money for the convenience of not having to grind and train and save up like us normal schlebs. But when you spend a great deal of money and end up no better off for it - or worse! - than someone who has been playing the same amount of time as you and hasn't spent any money on the game? That's a scam. You're better off spending your money on an actual video game. Or hell, an actual trading card game.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Velayne

PostSubject: Re: What's in your box? [complaining / appreciation station]   Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:22 pm

Peppuslayer wrote:
Well, they put up interesting events weekly which reward you nicely. With some effort you can even grind for 5* and 6* cards without having to spend a single penny. Plus, every now and then you collect tickets, so luckily it's not all trash, just slower Very Happy

Well actually this is the only event where anyone can grind for a 6* sadly Sad

@LivingNexus, I got that Pokemon Gold Card too. You probably got it from a Burger King combo years ago xD

Forgot which lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Peppuslayer

PostSubject: Re: What's in your box? [complaining / appreciation station]   Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:38 pm

LivingNexus wrote:
BlueInfyn wrote:

I guess, but I spent maybe $200 total over the course of a few years on Pokemon cards, and I got TONS of holographics and rares. The rest of it was trading a bunch. And that was just from the first generation. If I had dropped A THOUSAND F'ING DOLLARS on booster packs, I'd expect to get solid chunks of gold in my card packs! (Fun fact: I actually have a solid gold Pokemon card, in a little comemorative pokeball case. I forget how I got it though.)

They're essentially treating every 6* as if it's a limited edition Egyptian Mew card, which is fine because the highest tier needs to be pretty rare. But the 5* then should be treated like regular holographics, etc. etc. In the 2011 booster packs, there were ten cards. In each pack you would find five common cards, three uncommon cards, one rare card, and one random card. So while your chances of finding a particular card were pretty low, you'd at least get something. And buying special packs like booster boxes upped your chances of finding very rare cards.

Now, Fantasica is a little different because you can level up your cards, and feed lower level cards to higher ones. Even so, spending a thousand dollars on specially built booster packs and getting nothing but 2* and 3* isn't just maliciously low odds, it's a scam. Obviously the game is designed to make you want to spend money, that's how free-to-play games are built. You trade your money for the convenience of not having to grind and train and save up like us normal schlebs. But when you spend a great deal of money and end up no better off for it - or worse! - than someone who has been playing the same amount of time as you and hasn't spent any money on the game? That's a scam. You're better off spending your money on an actual video game. Or hell, an actual trading card game.

Let's just take a look at the current packs available, keeping in mind that the NORMAL odds are:

3* 59%
4* 36%
5* 2.7%
6* 0.2%

Premium Card Pack: 1 card, 3$
Standard Box: 7 cards, 15$
Mega Box: 14 cards, 30$
Step-up Pack (step 6): 7 cards, 30$, rates 3* 61%, 4* 35%, 5* 2.7%, 6* 1%
Step-up Pack (step 7): 12 cards, 50$, rates 4* 94%, 5* 5%, 6*1.2%

Taking into account that the boxes usually come with event-related items, it's pretty clear to me that the price for these packs is ridiculous, especially the 7th Step up pack, which gives you two less cards compared to the mega box and without properly justifying the +20$.

So, in conclusion, the real issue isn't found in the odds, but in the ridiculous price of Moba/Fanta Coins. If the prices were to be halved, then it would really make more sense. But that won't be likely until there are people spending thousands of dollars in the blink of an eye.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LivingNexus

PostSubject: Re: What's in your box? [complaining / appreciation station]   Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:44 pm

Peppuslayer wrote:
So, in conclusion, the real issue isn't found in the odds, but in the ridiculous price of Moba/Fanta Coins. If the prices were to be halved, then it would really make more sense. But that won't be likely until there are people spending thousands of dollars in the blink of an eye.

That was pretty much the gist of my argument, but I guess it came off a little ranty. Haha. In that same vein though, let's look at the prices for some other popular trading card games.

Pokemon booster pack (10 cards): $3
Magic booster pack (15 cards): $3
Yu-Gi-Oh booster pack (9 cards): $2.69

Pokemon theme deck (60 cards): $14
Magic event deck (75 cards): $25
Yu-Gi-Oh theme deck (40 cards): $8.50

Pokemon booster box (360 cards): $95
Magic booster box (540 cards): $100
Yu-Gi-Oh booster box (216 cards): $68

So based on the figures you quoted, you could buy 24 Fantasica cards for roughly the same price and rare card chance as 540 Magic the Gathering cards. That's roughly 4% the amount of cards you could be getting.

Does anyone else see something wrong with this picture...?

I mean, I think I would be content with even 50%, because hey, you get a playable tower defense game on top of your trading card game, and the money to develop that and keep the servers up has to come from somewhere. Not to mention there's an already thriving trading community practically at your fingertips. But 24 cards for the price of 540? Seems like they should either jack up the rare card chances or give you more cards for your money.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BlueInfyn

PostSubject: Re: What's in your box? [complaining / appreciation station]   Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:52 pm

[quote="LivingNexus"]
BlueInfyn wrote:
I'd expect to get solid chunks of gold in my card packs! (Fun fact: I actually have a solid gold Pokemon card, in a little comemorative pokeball case. I forget how I got it though.)

Burger King! =D I have about 7 of them because back in the Kanto TCG, my Mom was the Cerulian Gym Leader at the Toys R' Us Pokemon League. XD

My whole family was into it then. It had Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Charizard, Pikachu, Meowth, and Togepi. =)

But point being, you could essentially get all duds even when putting down hundreds in Pokemon Cards. I think the biggest thing though, is that "Packs" in Fantasica is only 1 Card. That I feel is horrible. Have at least 3 or 4, and give the chance of one or two stars. I'm sure they'd get more people spending if they did Packs of 5 with two stars and such inside.

But I'm still new to the game, so I don't know how the economy in the game works, and how that'd effect it.

EDIT: I was going to suggest the same thing that other user did in halving the prices. I feel like $20 for like, 5 cards and some PERSONAL Time Elixers don't feel like you get your money's worth...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LivingNexus

PostSubject: Re: What's in your box? [complaining / appreciation station]   Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:14 pm

BlueInfyn wrote:
Burger King! =D

Oh yeah! I used to go to Burget King all the time back then. I also remember getting a Vulpix plushie from KFC. Those were the days...

BlueInfyn wrote:
I have about 7 of them because back in the Kanto TCG, my Mom was the Cerulian Gym Leader at the Toys R' Us Pokemon League. XD

I...you...this...I didn't even know this was a thing! Why did no one tell me this was a thing!? I'd have been WAY more into the battle scene if I knew that Toys R Us had actual Gym Leaders Shocked

I'm new to the game as well, but I'm not new to Mobage and the FTP model. I know that the whole game is geared toward the people who spend money on it. Even so, it continually astonishes me what kind of shady business people will continue to put up with from game developers. It's also astonishing how much money people have to drop on stupid mobile games just for the sake of being competitive and getting their username up in the ranks. Because you know they aren't doing it for the cards, or for they challenge. Most of them do it for the bragging rights.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
karmacappa
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: What's in your box? [complaining / appreciation station]   Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:29 pm

I bought 7 max step up boxes. Paris and Nanaca in one of the boxes. The others had Vlad, Gryphon, Fafnir, Kiki, and Camille. Pretty lucky.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BlueInfyn

PostSubject: Re: What's in your box? [complaining / appreciation station]   Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:55 pm

LivingNexus wrote:
I...you...this...I didn't even know this was a thing! Why did no one tell me this was a thing!? I'd have been WAY more into the battle scene if I knew that Toys R Us had actual Gym Leaders Shocked

Yeah, they had real Badges and everything. I have all 8 badges that would actually pin to my jacket when I played when I was little. I think it stopped when Gold and Silver came out, as the TCG started to die down, and they didn't get as much profits from it after that.

LivingNexus wrote:
I'm new to the game as well, but I'm not new to Mobage and the FTP model. I know that the whole game is geared toward the people who spend money on it. Even so, it continually astonishes me what kind of shady business people will continue to put up with from game developers. It's also astonishing how much money people have to drop on stupid mobile games just for the sake of being competitive and getting their username up in the ranks. Because you know they aren't doing it for the cards, or for they challenge. Most of them do it for the bragging rights.

I actually think Fantasica is a lot nicer to those who don't pay. I managed to have a nice collection of Four Stars without even having to had paid anything. With an event going on at all times, and constantly handing out Tickets, I think it's great. Though Time Elixers seem like they're almost purely pay to have. =/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LivingNexus

PostSubject: Re: What's in your box? [complaining / appreciation station]   Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:37 pm

That's the sense that I got. Now that all event items have been converted over to personal, I don't think there's any way for a non-paying player to get any other than maxing out 4*s, or drawing a good 5-6* and selling it. And since it's so hard to get one anyway, that's not likely to happen.

Oh well. It doesn't really bother me, except for the ethics of it, since I never planned to spend any money. I'm sure they're just doing what works. And I can't exactly feel sorry for the people who get burned spending hundreds of dollars on a mobile game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jrdmaan
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: What's in your box? [complaining / appreciation station]   Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:51 am

Bought steps 1-6 plus three step 7s the other day. Got Manfred, Thrain, Ignat, Diane, Serafina, and bunch of 3*s/4*s. Plus, the tickets given gave me Dermond and also my now-maxed Matahari. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: What's in your box? [complaining / appreciation station]   Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:29 pm

You guys spend a lot of money... You guys wanna know how much I spent for dinner last night? $4.55.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LivingNexus

PostSubject: Re: What's in your box? [complaining / appreciation station]   Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:27 pm

Wanna know how much I spent on dinner tonight? $0. My aunt took me out to lunch and I'm eating the leftovers. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thearm05
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: What's in your box? [complaining / appreciation station]   Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:56 pm

Been playing the game about a week now and I decided I wanted to spend some money on it.
Put 50 dollars in mobacoins and got a mega box and 1-4 step up packs.

Pulled a Monica out of the mega box. I guess I'm pretty lucky lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thewonganswer

PostSubject: Re: What's in your box? [complaining / appreciation station]   Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:11 am

Step up pack 6 - 6 3* and 1 4*...last 3 cards were Evert...I think i'm done buying packs haha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HoundR
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: What's in your box? [complaining / appreciation station]   Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:29 am

Thewonganswer wrote:
Step up pack 6 - 6 3* and 1 4*...last 3 cards were Evert...I think i'm done buying packs haha
LOL, this reminds me of my Tri-Partenope pull
Also, some people are just very lucky: (list keeps on growing by the minute xD )
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

----- HoundR's LE Units&Monsters 4*/5*/6* SHOP !!! -----

Trading Center complaints/suggestions/multiple thread or RMT I didn't see/anything else PM me! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thewonganswer

PostSubject: Re: What's in your box? [complaining / appreciation station]   Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:24 pm

HoundR wrote:

Also, some people are just very lucky: (list keeps on growing by the minute xD )
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Don't tempt me Fro...HoundR! Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cam
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: What's in your box? [complaining / appreciation station]   Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:53 am

Is anyone else concerned about the banner for the Step-Up Pack?
"Easier to draw a 6Like a Star @ heaven?!" ...Maybe?? lol.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
frickenmoron
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: What's in your box? [complaining / appreciation station]   Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:36 am

I bought step up backs up to step 4 and only drew 4* and 3* trash. Sad easier?! indeed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
victorlin25

PostSubject: Re: What's in your box? [complaining / appreciation station]   Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:34 pm

I would think I have spent around $300, on a mixture of step-up packs and mega boxes.

Manfred was the first rare I pulled from a mega box.

I bought the step-up packs till step 7, and got the following:

Thrain, whom I promptly got rid of for Patricia.

Julia, whom I traded for Bernard.

And Meg, who is still with me.

The most recent mega box I bought:

12 3*units, 4* Alfonso, and a 4* Chimera...

Really......

Back to top Go down
View user profile
loniguseze
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: What's in your box? [complaining / appreciation station]   Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:42 pm

I never had luck in this kind of gambles... Went up to step 6 and got 3x 5*, but sadly the most useless ones of them all without any skill Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
snofuzz

PostSubject: Re: What's in your box? [complaining / appreciation station]   Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:11 am

just bought a event box nothing but 4* which brings total spending to 450 and no 6* yet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's in your box? [complaining / appreciation station]   Today at 10:59 pm

Back to top Go down

What's in your box? [complaining / appreciation station]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 21 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next