HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

Availability of cards

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
aipad

PostSubject: Availability of cards   Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:02 pm

I'm looking at the spreadsheet card database from the Encyclopedia and I wonder if there is a way to determine whether or not a card can still be pulled from a pack? Is there a general rule of thumb for the availability of cards which came with events? In particular, I see some people place value on Tom, which I am assuming is the 3 star card from Soul Hunters. This card can still be found in the booster packs right now, and I have been using them as feeders before I saw a bunch of people with S>Tom in their profiles, which made me reconsider his value.

I guess I am trying to see if there is some way to determine whether or not a card is a reward (ie: limited copies out there), or if a card is added to the regular booster pack pool as a result of an event (ie: Tom). The reason I ask is I am interested in picking up some 3 star cards from the past witch event, (Piper, Phoebe, etc), but I am not sure whether or not these cards are still available. This puts me at a disadvantage in a trade.

I just want to develop a better foundation for the valuation of cards, so any help will be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ChibiLeen
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Availability of cards   Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:04 pm

As a rule of thumb, you can assume that cards belonging to specific series are limited edition cards. The Soul Hunters and the Crime Fighters are an exception. For confirmation, you can check out the japanese wiki: it lists all the limited series released so far. If a unit you're interested in is not listed in any of those series, then it can still be pulled.

To answer your question, the Witches series are limited edition. They were event-only units, and cannot be pulled anymore.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aipad

PostSubject: Re: Availability of cards   Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:19 pm

Thank you for your reply.

I guess it's time to scour the trade forums again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Availability of cards   Today at 6:56 am

Back to top Go down

Availability of cards
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1