HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

Curious about Depreciation

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
EvolutionIsReal

PostSubject: Curious about Depreciation   Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:09 pm

So the event cards come out and they are hot sellers. I've made some good trades with them in my favor during the event. When its over will they all lose thier value like the dream breaker series did? Or are any of these xmas units worth keeping?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Paintitblackcomics.com
kyaaya

PostSubject: Re: Curious about Depreciation   Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:02 pm

Pretty cards and good stats cards are worth keeping. Their value depends on supply/demand.

E.g. Prier is so cute and I'm definitely keeping her. But with 4x draw rate as 1 4* she's quite common now, although there won't be new Prier's after the event ends. I.e. Prier value will drop till event ends but probably will rise from there.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
rotarywhiz
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Curious about Depreciation   Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:45 pm

kyaaya wrote:
Pretty cards and good stats cards are worth keeping. Their value depends on supply/demand.

E.g. Prier is so cute and I'm definitely keeping her. But with 4x draw rate as 1 4* she's quite common now, although there won't be new Prier's after the event ends. I.e. Prier value will drop till event ends but probably will rise from there.

I will agree that pretty cards typically hold their value especially pretty cards that are also useful, but prier won't rise right after the event it will probably take a month or two before they are worth more than 1 or 2 te. Its the same with most cards as time goes on cards get harder to find and that will raise their value for collectors or people wanting to album, I personally don't do either I get cards that I like for one reason or another or that are useful.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aubade888
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Curious about Depreciation   Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:19 pm

kyaaya wrote:

Yeah, people will quit or use her as a feeder. I think a lot of people might quit after this event. So I am holding onto some xmas cards since they might be worth more later.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Curious about Depreciation   Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:31 pm

kyaaya wrote:

I think you are overestimating the value of "pretty", especially with all the censorship vandalism that Mobage did to the cards in Euro/US version - sure, people would want to album those cards, but if they don't have the stats to be worthy leaders/jewelry to show off - they are going to slowly lose their value as average power creeps on...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: Curious about Depreciation   Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:18 pm

57803882 wrote:
kyaaya wrote:

I think you are overestimating the value of "pretty", especially with all the censorship vandalism that Mobage did to the cards in Euro/US version - sure, people would want to album those cards, but if they don't have the stats to be worthy leaders/jewelry to show off - they are going to slowly lose their value as average power creeps on...

Uh...Gremory...(who I never found attractive)

Wanna Know What I Do In My Free Time? Click here

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ChibiLeen
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Curious about Depreciation   Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:59 pm

An example of price evolution throughout an event:

1st day of Christmas event, the first hours: bought a Fawn for 6TE
Last day of Christmas event: just bought 4 Fawns for 3TE xD (saved them from being fodder)

I'm banking on the fact that a 10DC B-speed Knockback unit will be popular during arena events, so I might make a small profit.

But frankly, I just love Fawn. The artwork is the cutest I've seen in the game yet, and I couldn't let him become food for other units.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: Curious about Depreciation   Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:03 pm

Lieselotte is proof a card with sexy art and sprite can be worth a lot despite being a really low powered card. Laughing I am banking on Angel Prier raising in the future.

Quote :
[19:59:06] Varis : madman is correct

Quote :
[15:09:58] hereticloki : madman is fair

Quote :
[12:39:12] @ Crowex : Azn is right.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: Curious about Depreciation   Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:43 pm

Another example of deprication:

Arrebol: Old buff man with a big machine gun...huge land attack...rare animation...never seen him go for more than 200te (less than 100 copies)

H Helmut: frankenstein with a huge uh...bazooka...Fast attack despite false E speed...Saw him going for 150+te right after event (no one was buying though), months later his price is around 80te (still nobody buying) (assumed 250 copies)

Werewolf: Female, beautiful artwork, meh sprite, highest land+sea melee five star, pretty high dps compared to 5*s in general...sold for 300+te right after event, held value somewhere above 200te for over a month, even now still worth more than most 5*s, including Arrebol+H Helmut... (425+ copies)

Elizabeth: Female, beautiful artwork, beautiful blade, beautiful sprite...outclassed by WW in almost every way...Seen her go for 300+te right after the event as a monster...one event later the max unit is still hovering at 200+te... (less than 300 copies)

I think looks give a card more value than usefulness, and rarity does not play much of a factor at all...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Curious about Depreciation   Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:10 am

themadmanazn wrote:
Lieselotte is proof a card with sexy art and sprite can be worth a lot despite being a really low powered card. Laughing I am banking on Angel Prier raising in the future.
Knockback 4, C speed, Cost 15 and Cost/Performance of 3029 was actually one of the best choices for the Arena; but now that Fawn is here she is finally obsolete.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
orionknight
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Curious about Depreciation   Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:40 am

57803882 wrote:

You are correct. Compared to the Dark Elf series, everything else is getting stronger. Victoria is holding out there, but not for long. And Heidemarie is losing alittle steam. It won't be long till my beloved Warewolf will no longer be relevent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: Curious about Depreciation   Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:49 am

orionknight wrote:
57803882 wrote:

You are correct. Compared to the Dark Elf series, everything else is getting stronger. Victoria is holding out there, but not for long. And Heidemarie is losing alittle steam. It won't be long till my beloved Warewolf will no longer be relevent.

Heidemarie is loosing value because for a long time she did the most arena damage of any 5* card. This is a persnal gripe, but her E speed automatically excluded her from any areana team I ever wanted to make. Some people believe she is pretty, but her main selling point has been trumped by WW and other cards.

Also, I think the devaluation we are seeing in the WW is because TE is becoming more and more valuable as time goes on. Unlike maxed 4*s, the WW's value has been elastic for a while because she has huge stats and is LE, along with her looks.

I'm not saying that pretty cards are always more expensive than powerful cards. But some cards like the WW, Gremory, Alister and even the new Francois will always have a few players who get them and never trade because they look cute, and a few players who will pay more than those around them to get a cute card. These two types of players add an elastic value to pretty cards that keep them from quickly dropping in price like Arrebol.

Once again I turn my attention to Gremory, who has terrible stats, isnt as new as Arrebol, and is less rare, but is still worth as much as him. Why? Because her art keeps her value from slipping...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
orionknight
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Curious about Depreciation   Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:56 am

I traded a Gremony for Catherine. I think their stats are rather compareble, depending on what you want I guess.

But looks do make the card. My own personal reason for joining Fanta then any other app game isbecause of the art and looks. I loved how the game focused on the pervy male market. As I have played more, I now see many nice looking cards have not so nice stats.

Since there is no concrete market place for trading cards, elastisity (like you mention predator) will always be a factor. Ergh, my head hurts now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whenesday
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: Curious about Depreciation   Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:00 pm

predator852 wrote:

Heidemarie is loosing value because for a long time she did the most arena damage of any 5* card. This is a persnal gripe, but her E speed automatically excluded her from any areana team I ever wanted to make. Some people believe she is pretty, but her main selling point has been trumped by WW and other cards.

Also, I think the devaluation we are seeing in the WW is because TE is becoming more and more valuable as time goes on. Unlike maxed 4*s, the WW's value has been elastic for a while because she has huge stats and is LE, along with her looks.

I'm not saying that pretty cards are always more expensive than powerful cards. But some cards like the WW, Gremory, Alister and even the new Francois will always have a few players who get them and never trade because they look cute, and a few players who will pay more than those around them to get a cute card. These two types of players add an elastic value to pretty cards that keep them from quickly dropping in price like Arrebol.

Once again I turn my attention to Gremory, who has terrible stats, isnt as new as Arrebol, and is less rare, but is still worth as much as him. Why? Because her art keeps her value from slipping...

I generally agree with your views, except that one major advantage Heidemarie has other than massive damage and knockback, is her Deploy Cost of just 10. This makes her the pretty much a great fit in on teams which utilises high deploy cost units common with 6*s
Back to top Go down
View user profile
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: Curious about Depreciation   Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:02 pm

orionknight wrote:
I traded a Gremony for Catherine. I think their stats are rather compareble, maybe with cath winning slightly.

But looks do make the card. My own personal reason for joining Fanta then any other app game isbecause of the art and looks. I loved how the game focused on the pervy male market. As I have played more, I now see many nice looking cards have not so nice stats.

Since there is no concrete market place for trading cards, elastisity (like you mention predator) will always be a factor. Ergh, my head hurts now.

Yeah I though Catherine and Gremory were comparable. I have an ally who snagged one of both and swears never to trade either. Honestly, I really havent seen too many cards that I think are attractive. I know which ones the general population regards as attractive, but aside from Aragon and Cornelia I havent seen cards that I would regard as attractive. I have an analytic mind that just dosn't allow for pictures to entice me, and I wish it would...

But back to the topic, a central marketplace would kill all prices, and no one would try for events anymore, because you wouldnt be able to sell the cards for a third of what you paid for them. I think that's why SS has opted never to implement one.

And yeah, I'm playing because the art is cool too Smile

Back to top Go down
View user profile
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: Curious about Depreciation   Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:08 pm

Whenesday wrote:
predator852 wrote:

I generally agree with your views, except that one major advantage Heidemarie has other than massive damage and knockback, is her Deploy Cost of just 10. This makes her the pretty much a great fit in on teams which utilises high deploy cost units common with 6*s

Touche! Yeah for some reason I always thought her DC was 20! But peronally I'd still use Fawn before her, and because for a while she was hovering just below Charles in value, I would spring for him before trying to snag her.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BkWiz
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Curious about Depreciation   Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:52 pm

Do I even want to enter this discussion thread...too much to talk about if I do...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aszutai
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: Curious about Depreciation   Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:00 pm

BkWiz wrote:
Do I even want to enter this discussion thread...too much to talk about if I do...

You know you want to Razz

Btw, 5* prices have really dropped super low atm. Wondering if it's possible for them to drop any lower if TE can get more scarce.

I'm kinda worried about the next event, just saw on the JP wiki. The BT reward for each ticket have been raised to 10k instead of 3k, in our case we got TE and Pot instead; which was awesome but if they increase the bt require amount to 10k like JP event that'll be another blow to the current economy I think. That's all assuming they're even giving us TE&Pot instead of premium tickets Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.genbustudios.com
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: Curious about Depreciation   Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:05 pm

aszutai wrote:
BkWiz wrote:

Btw, 5* prices have really dropped super low atm. Wondering if it's possible for them to drop any lower if TE can get more scarce.

I'm kinda worried about the next event, just saw on the JP wiki. The BT reward for each ticket have been raised to 10k instead of 3k, in our case we got TE and Pot instead; which was awesome but if they increase the bt require amount to 10k like JP event that'll be another blow to the current economy I think. That's all assuming they're even giving us TE&Pot instead of premium tickets Sad

Yeah BK, we all have to write an essay sometimes Smile

And I really dont feel comfortable selling my 5*s in the current state of the economy. I sell cards when I think I got their worth, and never before. So I think I'm going to be one of those people with 600 5*s at this rate...

And yeah we're due for premium tickets in an arena event, I hope we get te and pots though, and I reallu hope they dont raise the bar anymore!!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Curious about Depreciation   Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:11 pm

predator852 wrote:
aszutai wrote:
BkWiz wrote:

Yeah BK, we all have to write an essay sometimes Smile

And I really dont feel comfortable selling my 5*s in the current state of the economy. I sell cards when I think I got their worth, and never before. So I think I'm going to be one of those people with 600 5*s at this rate...

And yeah we're due for premium tickets in an arena event, I hope we get te and pots though, and I reallu hope they dont raise the bar anymore!!
During this month, I met quite a few new players and they are spending money towards the game. Some already have few 5* so there may not be much of need for some people to buy for TE when spending money is faster. I think the rate of people playing this game for free is very low and therefore there are only quite a few TE gatherers and not lots of people have the time to grind.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BkWiz
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Curious about Depreciation   Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:46 pm

How many essays do I need to write?

I'm already working on an arena guide for the next event... Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chaosbladeuk
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Curious about Depreciation   Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:53 pm

BkWiz wrote:

Not happy with the one I wrote >.<. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: Curious about Depreciation   Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:05 pm

chaosbladeuk wrote:
BkWiz wrote:

LOL!

And BK, quantity is directly proportional to quality!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BkWiz
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Curious about Depreciation   Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:03 am

chaosbladeuk wrote:
BkWiz wrote:

Add my info!

That and I want to add some info which will probably change people's mind about event packs for arenas. Smile

Which imo is important for people to know since it breaks down event units v cost of aquiring them v. how much it actually helps in arenas.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BkWiz
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Curious about Depreciation   Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:05 am

predator852 wrote:
chaosbladeuk wrote:
BkWiz wrote:

LOL!

And BK, quantity is directly proportional to quality!

List of things I want to do :

Tower Guide
Arena Guide (Additional info to current one essentially)
Poison v. KB v. Slow v. AE
Defense Busting Guide

Too much to do, but all useful information...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Curious about Depreciation   Today at 6:34 am

Back to top Go down

Curious about Depreciation
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next