HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

3 shot units

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
kinesis

PostSubject: 3 shot units   Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:48 am

what are other 3 shot units like sheryl.

how would we know if it was a single shooter or a triple. aside from extra damage ... what are the benefits and drawbacks of such units?

thanks in advance.

-k
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Varis
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: 3 shot units   Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:44 am

Not all units like Sheryl are 3-shots. The quantity of shots varies depending on the unit. Other units I know of off-hand that have this kind of multi-attack abiliity are Arrebol and Sogno. I think Hippolyte also uses this kind of attack, but I've yet to have that confirmed for me.

There is no extra damage from a multi-shot unit. What the game does is take their damage value and divide it up evenly amongst the group of shots. If a unit has a damage value of 30k, let's say, and it does three shots in one go, then each shot would do 10k damage.

The advantage to such a unit is when questing, or battling an opponent's defenses, there is the possibility that only some of the shots will be required to kill a monster. If that's true, and there's another monster in range once the first monster dies, then the remaining shots will go to the next monster, effectively splitting the total damage dealt in one attack to two different monsters. Kinda neat, but not generally all that necessary.

Some (but not all) abilities will also stack, I think, with multi-attack. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Area Attack and Knockback will both proc for each individual mini-attack within the attack sequence. I don't think Slow and Poison do, though. They only affect an afflicted unit one time. Again, somebody correct me if I'm wrong here.

The disadvantage is that the attack animation for a multi-shot unit causes them to be slower (more time between beginning of first full attack sequence and the beginning of the second full attack sequence). This is a pretty hefty disadvantage, and makes these types of units generally worth a lot less than other units that they would otherwise be on par with. The only exception to this disadvantage is during Arena events, where their multi-attack "feature" doesn't affect anything (for better or worse).

IMO, the disadvantages far outway the advantages of such units, and so I tend to avoid them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kinesis

PostSubject: Re: 3 shot units   Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:54 am

so from what i gather. when i see sheryl deal 20k damage 3 times .. she's not actually dealing 60k. it's just 20k but the animation makes it look like it is 60k? her max is 28k so i'm assuming the target has some level of defense against her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Varis
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: 3 shot units   Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:37 am

She may very well be doing 20k per hit. Aside from the "printed" damage value of the unit, there are modifiers that are factored in as well. Any relevant skills you've learned that add to a unit's damage output will be tacked on. Also, if you're using a unit like Claudio, who boosts all female units, that will affect Sheryl's damage dealing potential. On top of that, monsters have a defense value that can make your units hit for more or less damage depending.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dekaden

PostSubject: Re: 3 shot units   Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:35 am

Chris is a 4 star and he has a triple attack
Back to top Go down
View user profile
the3ptsling

PostSubject: Re: 3 shot units   Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:22 am

Hippo is multi attack and i believe joachim is as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ChibiLeen
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: 3 shot units   Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:52 am

Dekaden wrote:
Chris is a 4 star and he* has a triple attack

* Chris is a girl. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wheatmidge

PostSubject: Re: 3 shot units   Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:39 pm

Joachim, Sheryl, and Chris have a 3 shot attack
Georgine has a 5 shot attack.
Sogno and Arrebol have a 10 shot attack.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dekaden

PostSubject: Re: 3 shot units   Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:36 pm

What is with girls with guy names? Chris is kinda borderline I know but think...Howard. So my bad.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: 3 shot units   Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:30 pm

Joachim's KB stacks, which is why people like him so much, when he hits a boss he really pushes them back.

Sogno lands slow on the first hit. I havent figured out if it continues to re-slow every hit, but I think not. BUT, I know that if she hits a monster, kills it on the third hit, then hits a new monster on the fourth, that monster will be slowed.

Do any multi attack units have AA?

Wanna Know What I Do In My Free Time? Click here

Back to top Go down
View user profile
kinesis

PostSubject: Re: 3 shot units   Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:18 pm

the part i'm still confused about is ... when we see each hit ... an amount of damage shows up. is that the damage for each hit so xxx x3 for sheryl? or is the xxx already the total of the 3 hits?

please clarify if anyone knows.

thanks
k
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Varis
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: 3 shot units   Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:01 pm

Dekaden wrote:
What is with girls with guy names? Chris is kinda borderline I know but think...Howard. So my bad.
Howard is named as she is because the entire series of phantoms and hunters are named for wives of King Henry VIII and a few other varied English historical figures (most from the same time period as King Henry VIII, but not all)

PHANTOM EVENT 1
Henry = King Henry VIII
Howard = Catherine Howard (fifth wife of Henry)
Boleyn = Anne Boleyn (second wife of Henry)
Anne = A lot of Annes in English Monarchical history, so it could be referring to any or all of them.
Mary = Queen Mary I (also known as "Bloody Mary")
Elizabeth = Queen Elizabeth I
Ethelred = Two different Aethelreds this could be referring to, both kings centuries before Henry.

PHANTOM EVENT 2
Cleves = Anne of Cleves (forth wife of Henry)
Seymour = Jane Seymour (third wife of Henry)
Aragon = Catherine of Aragon (first wife of Henry)
Oliver = Oliver Cromwell
Grey = Anne Brandon, Baroness Grey of Powys
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Evageek
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: 3 shot units   Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:53 pm

Don't forget 3* Hans.
I like multi-attack units since they can change targets if they kill a monster mid-attack and there is another behind it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jose.arias.7712
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3 shot units   Today at 6:36 am

Back to top Go down

3 shot units
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1