HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

Game errors! >:(

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
nuxxvomica

PostSubject: Game errors! >:(   Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:18 am

I'm having trouble with the game ever since the major update! Every time I go to another player's profile the game locks up and I have to restart my phone, which obviously prohibits my ability to communicate with individual players outside of KIK. Is there an update or an app support page I can use to fix this? Thanks for your help Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joeladams20
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Game errors! >:(   Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:24 am

As far as I know, this is still a problem for everyone. It is for me, at the very least! I agree that it makes communicating frustrating
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nuxxvomica

PostSubject: Re: Game errors! >:(   Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:27 am

that is such a bummer Sad it's restricting my trading because i can't initiate or discuss any details Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joeladams20
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Game errors! >:(   Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:51 am

Same here. I removed my trade thread for now until they fix it because of how annoying it is. I have a lot of 3*'s I want to dump but I guess I'll wait lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: Game errors! >:(   Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:04 am

You can initiate trades, you just need the other user's account ID and punch it in on the trade menu. Profiles from the ally menu also work.

Quote :
[19:59:06] Varis : madman is correct

Quote :
[15:09:58] hereticloki : madman is fair

Quote :
[12:39:12] @ Crowex : Azn is right.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loveapplesss

PostSubject: Re: Game errors! >:(   Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:49 am

I'm got a sudden patch after the main update this morning... can't download it due to errors.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShYber

PostSubject: Re: Game errors! >:(   Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:19 pm

game freezes on me after updating =[
i want to playyyyyyyyyy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: Game errors! >:(   Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:23 pm

What device are you on?

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loveapplesss

PostSubject: Re: Game errors! >:(   Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:19 pm

Im using Google Nexus S - Android. Jellybean OS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: Game errors! >:(   Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:26 pm

Hmmm is Jellybean too new? I have a Thrive running Icecream Sandwich and it is just fine.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :
Back to top Go down
View user profile
larrydust
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Game errors! >:(   Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:34 pm

After the main patch this morning, Google Play noticed another Fantasica update, so I updated it. Now everytime I try to launch the game, after "Launching" appears, I receive an error message reading, "Error Parsing Data! The application could not start, please try again." and then the app stops, not allowing me to open the game.

Now I can't even enter Fantasica. Anyone else having this issue or know how I can fix it? Sad

EDIT: Running LG Thrill 4G with Android Gingerbread (2.3).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
larrydust
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Game errors! >:(   Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:15 pm

Found a work-around and I am back in the game.

Reinstalling the app from Google Play did not work, but I noticed that the game version was 1.9.0.2.4, with the desktop icon of Gremory. I ended up downloading an older version (1.7.0.8 ) from a third-party site. I allowed it to update only from within the app, I did not update it through Google Play. (The older version I installed has Avril on the desktop icon.)

If you need to do this, you will need to enter Settings>Applications and check "Unknown Sources." Then go to the third-party website which contains an older version of Fantasica and download/install it. Once this is done, you can uncheck "Unknown Sources" if you like.

The website I used to download the older version is: http://www.androidgamesroom.com/stand-alone-games/83967.htm (I have used this site to download a few apps before and have never found any problems.)

I am currently back inside Fantasica, running version 1.7.0.8. If anyone needs help going through this process, feel free to PM me or post here. I'm on my way to work, but will check here every now and then.

Good luck everyone.

EDIT: This fix is for the "Error Parsing Data!" problem, not the profile viewing problem found on iOS.

Last edited by larrydust on Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rotarywhiz
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Game errors! >:(   Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:19 pm

I have been using android 3.0 honeycomb and 4.0 icecream sandwich and haven't had any problems going to peoples profiles or trading.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Game errors! >:(   Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:31 pm

Using Galaxy S2 and I never update it. My game is not having problems. The only time I had one was during early patch of the last event.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lenneth

PostSubject: Re: Game errors! >:(   Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:35 pm

Iphone 4. Still have the same problem viewing people's profile from my own wall...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ChibiLeen
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Game errors! >:(   Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:43 pm

Running game on Galaxy S3.

Experienced some lag and crashing during Soul Hunters (especially when trying to load quests), but everything is running very smoothly now. Also, I never had any problems viewing people's profiles, the game hasn't frozen once because of that bug.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShYber

PostSubject: Re: Game errors! >:(   Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:10 pm

thanks a lot larry!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rohgar

PostSubject: Re: Game errors! >:(   Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:04 pm

larrydust wrote:

Reinstalling the app from Google Play did not work, but I noticed that the game version was 1.9.0.2.4, with the desktop icon of Gremory. I ended up downloading an older version (1.7.0.8 ) from a third-party site. I allowed it to update only from within the app, I did not update it through Google Play. (The older version I installed has Avril on the desktop icon.)

If you need to do this, you will need to enter Settings>Applications and check "Unknown Sources." Then go to the third-party website which contains an older version of Fantasica and download/install it. Once this is done, you can uncheck "Unknown Sources" if you like.

The website I used to download the older version is: http://www.androidgamesroom.com/stand-alone-games/83967.htm (I have used this site to download a few apps before and have never found any problems.)

I am currently back inside Fantasica, running version 1.7.0.8. If anyone needs help going through this process, feel free to PM me or post here. I'm on my way to work, but will check here every now and then.

Good luck everyone.

EDIT: This fix is for the "Error Parsing Data!" problem, not the profile viewing problem found on iOS.

Thanks so much for posting this. I had the same problem after updating through Google Play, and was wondering what to do as nothing I tried was working. Now back to grinding soulstones to recruit my first 5*! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loveapplesss

PostSubject: Re: Game errors! >:(   Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:19 pm

themadmanazn wrote:
Hmmm is Jellybean too new? I have a Thrive running Icecream Sandwich and it is just fine.

It was working fine before the maintenance today on Jellybean

Anyways, I got it fixed. I just uninstalled and downloaded/installed the game over again from the Play Store
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AzureSapphire

PostSubject: Re: Game errors! >:(   Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:21 am

larrydust wrote:

Good luck everyone.

Thanks for posting this one!
I was having the same problem and wondeted waht to do! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game errors! >:(   Today at 4:18 pm

Back to top Go down

Game errors! >:(
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1