HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

Real money spent

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Br4dford
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Real money spent   Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:34 am

I was going to post that at what point do people stop buying the packs and start buying te for the pure value.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lenneth

PostSubject: Re: Real money spent   Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:35 am

$16. $1 for the premium ticket thing, and $15 for not being able to resist x3 6* event. Got Hilde, so I guess it wasn't a complete waste...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Exuria

PostSubject: Re: Real money spent   Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:27 pm

It's all a Skinner Box.

I hate that I had to spend so much before I realized that, yeah, the packs are a crock and Mobage are crooks. They would actually lose money if they individually sold the cards you wanted. They bank on you taking the "chance" over and over again to try to get a decent card. And they also bank on the fact that you have to spend so much time and effort to work up to getting a 5* without paying real money, getting you desperate enough to finally pay for a pack.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Real money spent   Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:16 pm

Haha, if you guys give me $100, I'll give you all my yugioh cards. XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pnoytroi
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: Real money spent   Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:09 am

BkWiz wrote:
Don't ask. Smile

Second what he said.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Omniscient

PostSubject: Re: Real money spent   Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:38 pm

I think.. $160 so far. And I only have two 5* to show for it.

I really regret spending the money, I'll admit. There is so many things I could have gotten.

Definitely not spending more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Exuria

PostSubject: Re: Real money spent   Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:55 pm

Not sure if they changed it with the new update, but I've noticed a new card pack that is purchased with "4* Plus Ticket"s.

"Higher Card Pack! (4*, 5*, 6* only)"

They're probably noticing people's frustration with drawing crappy cards.

I foresee people drawing mostly original 4*s from the pack and still barely getting a 5 or 6.
I've gotten a bunch of 4*s and still can't get rid of them all, for TE at least.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Khos

PostSubject: Re: Real money spent   Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:56 pm

Not to discourage anyone from buying boxes. to each their own. but i feel like im in an aa meeting. Very Happy others who feel my pain. i blew $300 b4 i got nina. since then prob another $300 on random event packs and so forth. but i love this game so why not support it. thanks for reading my rant. see ya in game
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Despoted
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Real money spent   Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:00 pm

Exuria wrote:
Not sure if they changed it with the new update, but I've noticed a new card pack that is purchased with "4* Plus Ticket"s.

"Higher Card Pack! (4*, 5*, 6* only)"

They're probably noticing people's frustration with drawing crappy cards.

I foresee people drawing mostly original 4*s from the pack and still barely getting a 5 or 6.
I've gotten a bunch of 4*s and still can't get rid of them all, for TE at least.

The Japanese have had the 4*+ tickets for a while now. They just want us to experience the same pain and frustration like those that preceeded us. Besides all the frustration will still be in tact for people spending money since you can't buy 4* tickets and only get them through events.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Onisunit
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Real money spent   Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:12 am

Recently spent about 17 bucks on a pack and some singles...got nothing. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Real money spent   Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:03 am

ChibiLeen wrote:
Quote :
I wouldn't call someone that is willing to spend 90$ on a completely virtual game content "a low-paying player". Spending 1-5$ a month is a low-paying player; 90$ is one hell of a lot. And even that only gives you 4 Christmas quests...

It all depends on your comparison basis. Considering top-tier players spend a couple of thousands on each event, 90 dollars really isn't that much. Of course, considering that you can buy a full video game for that price, it does then seem quite a lot. It really depends on your perspective.

In other news, it seems that our panels differ from the Japanese version, if the wiki is to be believed. I wonder how much we've been had this time?

I think WoW is a pretty good basis - and it is 10$/month, while offering vastly more content.

Also, Urban Rivals, on average, require you to spend 4$/month to get all the new cards, and each $ gives you an equivalent of ~20 hours of free gameplay...
Compare this to what you can get here for 4$/month Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Onisunit
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Real money spent   Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:01 am

Recently $90 bucks and nothing...i'm done. Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aszutai
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: Real money spent   Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:58 am

57803882 wrote:
ChibiLeen wrote:
Quote :
I wouldn't call someone that is willing to spend 90$ on a completely virtual game content "a low-paying player". Spending 1-5$ a month is a low-paying player; 90$ is one hell of a lot. And even that only gives you 4 Christmas quests...

It all depends on your comparison basis. Considering top-tier players spend a couple of thousands on each event, 90 dollars really isn't that much. Of course, considering that you can buy a full video game for that price, it does then seem quite a lot. It really depends on your perspective.

In other news, it seems that our panels differ from the Japanese version, if the wiki is to be believed. I wonder how much we've been had this time?

I think WoW is a pretty good basis - and it is 10$/month, while offering vastly more content.

Also, Urban Rivals, on average, require you to spend 4$/month to get all the new cards, and each $ gives you an equivalent of ~20 hours of free gameplay...
Compare this to what you can get here for 4$/month Sad

You can play this game for free you know? Razz And just buy a pack/box if you feel like being nice or support the developers (although mobage/SS is kinda evil... In our eyes...)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.genbustudios.com
masta518
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Real money spent   Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:15 am

$0.99 just to support the company since I am playing the game Smile

But low chances (4*s for $30?!?!!) of getting good cards and it being a virtual economy (no physical value) makes it hard for me to justify spending. Maybe if I can sell for real money... but that's forbidden. I guess I will settle for 4* and try to reach top ranks without paying Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sGabe4
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Real money spent   Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:16 am

currently I've spent around $5 and I'm not planning on spending any more after reading all of your comments Razz

although I might consider buying just 1 megabox or a cardseries box if I really like the cards they offer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ChibiLeen
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Real money spent   Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:24 am

sGabe4 wrote:
currently I've spent around $5 and I'm not planning on spending any more after reading all of your comments Razz

although I might consider buying just 1 megabox or a cardseries box if I really like the cards they offer.

If you're not planning on spending a lot, then a series pack is a good choice. You don't get any 2*'s, and you're guaranteed to have units for the event they're sold on. Word of the wise: buy the series pack as soon as maintenance ends and the pack is available, and then immediately resell all the units you don't need. If you wait too long, the series cards will quickly loose their value as the market is gradually flooded with them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
furoki

PostSubject: Re: Real money spent   Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:15 am

I spent $400 and got nothing rare.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sGabe4
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Real money spent   Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:37 am

ChibiLeen wrote:
sGabe4 wrote:

If you're not planning on spending a lot, then a series pack is a good choice. You don't get any 2*'s, and you're guaranteed to have units for the event they're sold on. Word of the wise: buy the series pack as soon as maintenance ends and the pack is available, and then immediately resell all the units you don't need. If you wait too long, the series cards will quickly loose their value as the market is gradually flooded with them.

that's some really great advice
Thnaks! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Uriel

PostSubject: Re: Real money spent   Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:37 am

About $250, only thing to show for it was Ater during x-mas Smile Realistically the boxes are a gamble and that is more of the allure to them. When you get unlucky and don't get a 5/6* you're getting comparable value of maybe $5-$10 on what is actually pulled. Getting a few 4*s etc...

Mind you... it's arguable that you could have spent $3, bought TE and then traded someone for 5 4*s and you'd have gotten more for your money. Ahh weird logic :p
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Craft

PostSubject: Re: Real money spent   Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:39 am

I've probably spent about $40-50 total since I've been around (early November or late October), but I think I also wasted a $15 iTunes gift card my younger brother got me for Christmas Wink.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nakuai
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Real money spent   Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:59 am

I haven't spent anything yet either and i intend to keep it that way ^^ because you can always get the cards you want if you wait (and stock up on TE through good trades) long enough anyway. Every card in this game is bound to be sold for the right price (because every card has a price after all ^^) so you could even get the first rank event prizes without winning even one event XD (don't know how long that will take though Razz).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kimika9394

PostSubject: Re: Real money spent   Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:48 am

I am kind of not into spending money into Trading Card Games anymore... but back in days I spend enough money for my collections in YuGiOh, MTG, VS System, Cardfight Vanguard, WOW TCG, Duel Masters and Pokemon TCG
So... yeah, I kind of am glad that ever since I graduated from University I kind of lost the urge to spend money on trading card games anymore... that INCLUDES virtual ones XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]

PostSubject: Re: Real money spent   Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:29 pm

Way way way too much, with only one creepy 5* to show for it!

forum rules | FAQ (ask questions) | find allies | unit list | want a green name?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
myad
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Real money spent   Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:37 pm

clocksprocket wrote:
*gasp*

clock?!?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]

PostSubject: Re: Real money spent   Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:47 pm

myad wrote:
clocksprocket wrote:
*gasp*

clock?!?
Clocks. (oh boy will it ever end Laughing)

forum rules | FAQ (ask questions) | find allies | unit list | want a green name?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Real money spent   Today at 3:05 pm

Back to top Go down

Real money spent
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next