HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

Trade Lock is so BS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
kingdragon

PostSubject: Trade Lock is so BS    Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:37 am

i hate this trading system !! when you send something you cannot cancle it unless the other person cancle ! otherwise u have to wait for 2 days ?????? WTF 2 days ??? im getting trade lock right now and i cant even do anything ! sighz !! they really should reduced time to 10 -15 mins max..not freaking 2 days !! what you guys think ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ChibiLeen
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Trade Lock is so BS    Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:53 am

Ten-fifteen minutes to auto-cancel trade would seriously damage the trading system. Fantasica players come from all sorts of different time zones. Reducing the time frame in which the trade stays active like you suggest would render cross-continental trades really difficult.

What would be a better implementation is indeed the possibility for either player to cancel the trade at any moment. I've been trade-locked myself, and I understand how annoying it can be.

As things are today, you should always make sure that the person you're trading with is online when you send the trade. Also, avoid sending cards to "show" them, unless you trust the person you're trading with and/or the card you're showing isn't particularly valuable. Sometimes, people will then trade lock you in order to keep you from trading the card elsewhere, while they gather the price you ask for. There are pictures and stats for the cards online, everybody can do a quick research to see what they look like.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kingdragon

PostSubject: Re: Trade Lock is so BS    Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:01 am

i do not agree how 10 - 15 mins ? could damage the trading system ! i agree people in different timezone ! but if they are not online same time how can they message each other ? let say they message in forum or kik instead..i dont see how they cannot come up the time when it take max 5 mins to trade 2 items ???? btw reducing the time is a lot less complicated than implant a new system that allow us to cancel ! this is just my opinion
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ChibiLeen
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Trade Lock is so BS    Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:12 am

kingdragon wrote:
i do not agree how 10 - 15 mins ? could damage the trading system ! i agree people in different timezone ! but if they are not online same time how can they message each other ? let say they message in forum or kik instead..i dont see how they cannot come up the time when it take max 5 mins to trade 2 items ????

Everybody has different schedules, and finding a suitable time for live intercontinental trades can be complicated. For example, I'm in the PST+9 time zone, I'm sleeping or working when most of the occidental player base is active (right now is an exception since I'm on vacation, but my point still stands). The 48-hour delay is a bit excessive, yes. I believe that 24 hours would be enough.

However, if you believe that your idea would improve the experience for everybody, why not submit it to the Fanta team? Smile They won't change anything if they don't receive any specific feedback.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kingdragon

PostSubject: Re: Trade Lock is so BS    Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:55 am

i would like to.however i would like to ask for opinion first cause my idea is not always right ? for example you already against it !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ChibiLeen
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Trade Lock is so BS    Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:59 am

kingdragon wrote:
i would like to.however i would like to ask for opinion first cause my idea is not always right ? for example you already against it !

True, but I'm just one player. Wink I'm sure that many people would agree with you. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kingdragon

PostSubject: Re: Trade Lock is so BS    Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:24 pm

thats why i posted here ^^and apparently your the only 1 care so >.>
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crowex
ADMIN

PostSubject: Re: Trade Lock is so BS    Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:00 pm

I would say maybe an hour to automatically cancel trades. Some days you can be fairly busy and not have any time at all so trades could easily get canceled if you don't hurry or can't get to your phone.

A cancel button would be good, I'm fairly sure it wouldn't be that hard to implement.

POPULARITY LIST SEASON TWO, WEEK ONE UNDER WAY!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fantasicaunofficial.com
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: Trade Lock is so BS    Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:08 pm

I would be all for a cancel button and auto cancel after 12 hours.

Quote :
[19:59:06] Varis : madman is correct

Quote :
[15:09:58] hereticloki : madman is fair

Quote :
[12:39:12] @ Crowex : Azn is right.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rotarywhiz
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Trade Lock is so BS    Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:21 pm

auto cancel after 12-24hrs sounds good but 48hrs is a bit excessive
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thalasar
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Trade Lock is so BS    Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:45 pm

I also think 48 hours is excessive.

I think trade should be cancelable in the first 15 minutes by either side (or preferably by the trade starter) to prevent mistakes, and after 15 minutes, the 24 hr period should begin where it could only be canceled by the other side.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xzaral
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Trade Lock is so BS    Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:47 pm

I don't know if trades in progress take server side system resources, but if both sides can cancel a trade at any time that would be the only reason to even have a timer at that point imo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: Trade Lock is so BS    Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:48 pm

ChibiLeen wrote:
kingdragon wrote:
i do not agree how 10 - 15 mins ? could damage the trading system ! i agree people in different timezone ! but if they are not online same time how can they message each other ? let say they message in forum or kik instead..i dont see how they cannot come up the time when it take max 5 mins to trade 2 items ????

Everybody has different schedules, and finding a suitable time for live intercontinental trades can be complicated. For example, I'm in the PST+9 time zone, I'm sleeping or working when most of the occidental player base is active (right now is an exception since I'm on vacation, but my point still stands). The 48-hour delay is a bit excessive, yes. I believe that 24 hours would be enough.

However, if you believe that your idea would improve the experience for everybody, why not submit it to the Fanta team? Smile They won't change anything if they don't receive any specific feedback.

Very well writtten, like I've said before, events dont end unitl 5am where I'm at, and I have allies who wake up in the morning when where I'm at it is 5pm.

I think a one day hold is fair, or they remove the auto cancel altogether and implement a cancel button, that would really simplify things. I hate that mobile trading card games have the wrst trade system in place.

I mean seriously, although market value would drop across the board, there should always be a server wide market place where people name a price and other people click a button, pay that price, and the trade is completed. It's really not that complicated.

Trades now just remind me of trying to trade pokemon with a GBA, there were cables and special rooms and codes and what not...we are playing a card game not National Treasure!

Wanna Know What I Do In My Free Time? Click here

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BkWiz
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Trade Lock is so BS    Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:57 pm

Never trade something you can't afford to lose/tradelock.

That being said, the current tradelock system is sort of dumb.

And I'm all for an AH style or marketplace type of setting for Fantasica. Being able to list cards with B/O prices or something would be nice imo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joeladams20
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Trade Lock is so BS    Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:04 pm

rotarywhiz wrote:
auto cancel after 12-24hrs sounds good but 48hrs is a bit excessive

48hrs is a bit much, but the system works without any known glitches - so I have no complaints. I feel a real problem would be if your item went missing during the transaction and couldn't be recovered for some unknown computer glitch. And I've never heard of this happening, so I'm happy. If you don't want to wait 48 hours for a trade, then contact the person beforehand to make sure they are active, and if it REALLY bothers you, mention you want a quick transaction. If their response doesn't convince you, then don't commence on the trade.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rourou1423
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Trade Lock is so BS    Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:57 am

I will only agree to cancel button add to sender trade page.

Sometime, when you send trade the person was just doing their own stuff like, bath,sleep,working,etc etc.

And I also agree to slightly reduce the time, like 24+ hours not more then 48hours. once i trade lock and i missed my chance to earn luna from those sss/ssl, because the trade locked and the event end. :\
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trade Lock is so BS    Today at 1:48 am

Back to top Go down

Trade Lock is so BS
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1