HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

Thoughts about the music in Fantasica?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Thoughts about the music in Fantasica?   Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:44 pm

Well, you should get the idea. What do you think about the music in Fantasica? Good? Bad? Can be better?
Personally for me, not appealing to me :/

What are you looking at? Razz

Back to top Go down
View user profile
RisingAboveThis
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about the music in Fantasica?   Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:24 pm

What music? The same 3 tracks that play? During boss, quest, and the main theme? I think there needs to be much more variety of in-game music, but it's typical for RPGs to use such base tracks. I'd like improvement on it, but if I want the change so bad, I'll let Pandora play in the background and turn the music off in the settings.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ChibiLeen
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about the music in Fantasica?   Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:28 am

I usually play Fantasica while doing something else, so I turn the sound off. I don't mind the music - I like it, actually, it has a nice Sakimoto vibe to it (which I may be imagining because of the Minaba artwork xD) - but the same tracks over and over get to my nerves after a while, especially since I only hear a few seconds of each track before they switch as I go into another section.

The implementation of the background music could be better. The tracks themselves are fitting for the universe, and I've seen a lot worse in freemium games.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crowex
ADMIN

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about the music in Fantasica?   Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:53 pm

I believe someone said that the tracks were changed. I actually don't remember if they are the original tracks or not. Although; the tracks do sound a bit more instrumental then I remember. That's probably just me though.

POPULARITY LIST SEASON TWO, WEEK ONE UNDER WAY!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fantasicaunofficial.com
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about the music in Fantasica?   Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:27 am

Too little variety so playing almost always with sound off. A new piece for each new event would be nice.

I also wish they had an option to turn off music only, because sounds are actually a bit useful (of course, the most useful sound would be for "cooldown over", but no such luck)...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about the music in Fantasica?   Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:16 am

RisingAboveThis wrote:
What music? The same 3 tracks that play? During boss, quest, and the main theme? I think there needs to be much more variety of in-game music, but it's typical for RPGs to use such base tracks. I'd like improvement on it, but if I want the change so bad, I'll let Pandora play in the background and turn the music off in the settings.
All the music. But if you want, you can comment on one specific piece of music :/

What are you looking at? Razz

Back to top Go down
View user profile
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about the music in Fantasica?   Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:12 pm

I've always played fantasica without music since I started playing it. lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HoundR
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about the music in Fantasica?   Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:43 pm

Reminds me of Final Fantasy Tactics... just like most of the characters.

Now why could that be? drunken

----- HoundR's LE Units&Monsters 4*/5*/6* SHOP !!! -----

Trading Center complaints/suggestions/multiple thread or RMT I didn't see/anything else PM me! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ChibiLeen
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about the music in Fantasica?   Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:53 pm

HoundR wrote:
Reminds me of Final Fantasy Tactics... just like most of the characters.

Now why could that be? drunken

Fanta does seem to channel Hitoshi Sakimoto. xD I'm pretty sure he hasn't worked on this game, but still, it would be nice to have some info on the game's composer(s), just to be sure. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TypeAlpha
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about the music in Fantasica?   Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:28 pm

Irritating. I end up turning off the sound and start playing my own music in the background. On the positive side, it's mediocre.

ChibiLeen wrote:
The implementation of the background music could be better. The tracks themselves are fitting for the universe, and I've seen a lot worse in freemium games.
Like Chibi says, there are much, much worse out there. I don't want to mention another TCG which i played.. oh lord. The music on it was just overdoing it.

Crowex wrote:
I believe someone said that the tracks were changed. I actually don't remember if they are the original tracks or not. Although; the tracks do sound a bit more instrumental then I remember. That's probably just me though.
That is indeed true, Crowex. Some tracks were altered to be shortened, but the majority (well, about 99%) had slight changes. And they do sound a bit more.. authentic - as instrumental music that is. Now that you think about it, only the opening screen song had a noticeable change to it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aniwo
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about the music in Fantasica?   Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:52 am

The soundtrack is ok, but it gets repetitive, so yeah, I play with the sound OFF as well. Bosses should have a more epic music, and it wouldn't be bad that events had some tematic versions. Example: Christmas including bells, Valhalla featuring metal north european guitars, or Halloween some creepy sounds.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
myad
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about the music in Fantasica?   Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:17 pm

my phone is always on mute, especially when gaming.

so, it was kinda nice surprise when i first heard it...

but subsequently... can't really say. coz most of the time, phone is on mute. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about the music in Fantasica?   Today at 9:22 pm

Back to top Go down

Thoughts about the music in Fantasica?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1