HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

New 'Event Packs'

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Br4dford
☆☆

PostSubject: New 'Event Packs'   Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:59 pm

The past two events have released cards in to the general card population (ie: no event boxes). From what I understand from the JapWiki site, there are only three (beastman, 3Kingdom, and new airship) more card packs that we do not have, while there is innumerable more events that we do not have.

Is it going to be the new normal that event cards will be released to the general population rather then in card packs? If so how do we as a community feel about it?

I know for me it hurts the non-payers as well as the casual paying players. The prices for the units will go up. The value of te will go up as well as the TE will be accumulated by the upper teir (frequently paying players).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: New 'Event Packs'   Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:04 pm

As a relatively casual player it annoys me!!! Generally your best chance to get 5* cards are from event packs and now I pretty much won't have that chance Sad

Quote :
[19:59:06] Varis : madman is correct

Quote :
[15:09:58] hereticloki : madman is fair

Quote :
[12:39:12] @ Crowex : Azn is right.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: New 'Event Packs'   Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:52 pm

this has made the value of event cards go way up, however the normal 5*s have tanked and are much easier/cheaper to get. low teir 5*s are now as cheap or cheaper than db's
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pnoytroi
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: New 'Event Packs'   Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:21 pm

Seems like they are switching it up.

Future Tower events will still seem to get Limited Edition boxes.. Where as the rest of the other events, they are added to the Mega Pack with "Increased Chances" to pull Event Cards for said event.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lydia_H_Christ

PostSubject: Re: New 'Event Packs'   Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:35 pm

pnoytroi wrote:
Seems like they are switching it up.

Future Tower events will still seem to get Limited Edition boxes.. Where as the rest of the other events, they are added to the Mega Pack with "Increased Chances" to pull Event Cards for said event.

Nooooooooooooo
I do not like this at all Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
duhmichael17

PostSubject: Re: New 'Event Packs'   Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:08 pm

I absolutely hate it, to be honest. If it is as pnoytroi says, and Tower Events still get specific LE Boxes, I guess it's not too bad, but this is really ruining the fun of the game for me.

I can see how it's beneficial overall to the events, though. The competition will be much less rigorous with the smaller number of LE cards, and they'll make a lot more money. In turn it also makes 5*s and 6*s more cheaper in the long run. I just wish they'd do away with the 2* and 3* in those packs, as well as Premium Packs. They're virtually worthless.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
orionknight
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: New 'Event Packs'   Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:55 pm

I definitly hate this change.

I like the idea of buying a pack so that I can get an event card. But now I have to buy a stardard deck with a 'chance' to get an event card. Going off of experience, buying a deck during the 'Den of Sin' event and not recieving a sinlge event card. I was stuck trying to do something with standard 4* cards while trying to get an event card from allies who were also having difficulty getting event cards.

All an all, I was down 30 bucks and some te for an event card. This new tactic is a trap to squeeze more money out of the players. It won't stop people from paying but will deter others. If this trend continues, less and less people will be paying into event cards, ultimently leading to less revenue for Mobage.

I suspect this is why they will alternate between event cards only boxes, and additions to the standard boxes. To string us along while maximizing profit. Grumble grumble grumble.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New 'Event Packs'   Today at 3:18 pm

Back to top Go down

New 'Event Packs'
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1