HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

Albuming, Scams and The Safelist

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
memphiskite
Battalion General [LEGENDARY]

PostSubject: Re: Albuming, Scams and The Safelist   Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:09 pm

palapesca wrote:
memphiskite wrote:
I don't know.... I would feel very uncomfortable about having my name show up on a list that says I'm trustworthy. It would make me feel like a constant target for those scammers who think they can get away with outsmarting me or the others on that list.

Confidentiality is a powerful tool against everyone to protect yourself from those you don't wish to be associated with and it's something I appreciate a lot.

Hadn't really thought of that side, and it's fair.
That said I can't help noticing your player ID listed below your avatar, which tells me you're only so attached to confidentiality.

Ehhh.... it's there for sales trading purposes only. As for albuming, I would rather keep that dangerous act among my trusted allies only. I know people 'love' to keep in contact with me.... :/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.memphiskite.deviantart.com
palapesca

PostSubject: Re: Albuming, Scams and The Safelist   Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:31 pm

memphiskite wrote:

Ehhh.... it's there for sales trading purposes only. As for albuming, I would rather keep that dangerous act among my trusted allies only. I know people 'love' to keep in contact with me.... :/
Yeah, I pretty much only ask to album from allies, and always hold collateral of greater value when people ask to borrow something. If a person wants to borrow a card but doesn't want to slightly overtrade for an album swap, it's safest to just walk away.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RisingAboveThis
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: Albuming, Scams and The Safelist   Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:28 pm

I guess I'm fortunate that I have friends like CreativeCC that are always fair Album-ers. I have seen allys lose cards from scammers and such, but I haven't run into one myself. I only album allys though, and ones that I've known for a WHILE though, and I only album if its fair or in my favor, or if it's someone that I've albumed with in the past like CC to where I know he'd give back to me. I hate all the crooks that come in the game to muff things up for everyone :/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BkWiz
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Albuming, Scams and The Safelist   Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:39 am

I steal cards. Don't ask me to album.

I will 'accidentally' eat your card while enhancing my level 1 Black Dragon Monster.

Did I mention I'm an awesome liar? Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
palapesca

PostSubject: Re: Albuming, Scams and The Safelist   Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:45 am

lol I got a tasty Dream for ya, Bk
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crowex
ADMIN

PostSubject: Re: Albuming, Scams and The Safelist   Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:02 pm

Quote :

The idea is you'd need more detail than just "I got scammed" to get someone on the unconfirmed list, and to put someone on the confirmed list you'd need before and after in game screenshots proving that the trade was to be an album swap that went sour.

I changed the name of the "safe" list to better reflect that you're never truly safe. Added a disclaimer to the top of all three lists, too, for people who follow a link in (like the ones in my sig).

Which is why you need to have proof to have a scammer's list. If there is one name on there that doesn't have any evidence, I will remove them and close the thread. There will not be a discussion over this matter.

POPULARITY LIST SEASON TWO, WEEK ONE UNDER WAY!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fantasicaunofficial.com
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Albuming, Scams and The Safelist   Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:21 am

Album traded with another person for Scarlet while I traded Alex. The recent maintenances made a delay for trading back but we did trade back...

What are you looking at? Razz

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Albuming, Scams and The Safelist   Today at 5:21 pm

Back to top Go down

Albuming, Scams and The Safelist
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2