Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!
Starting a Giveaway Contests help/discussion
Join date : 2012-09-28
Posts : 220
|Subject: Starting a Giveaway Contests help/discussion Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:19 pm|| |
Have you seen my name around? Maybe occasionally on the forums, probably never in game.
That's because I'm just an ordinary player who doesn't even have his first 6* yet.
However, I have ambitions. I want to be able to eventually hold a Contest, with prizes worth over 1000TE. I want to be able to hold a contest that has at least a 6* as a prize.
It won't be any time soon, but I'm saving up for this purpose. Maybe sometime near valentines, or maybe it'll have to wait until mid summer, after the semester ends. But I'm hoping it will happen.
So. What's this thread for?
Well, I'm here to get advice. No, I'm not going to beg for money or some get-rich-fast method to fund this.
What I want to know is, are there any players here with experience with giveaways or contests, perhaps from another game, or one here in fantasica that I didn't know about?
How should I go about advertising my contest, once I gather enough funds for prizes and decide to hold it?
Also, how should I build trust, so that people will believe that I will be giving away prizes?
The contest I'm thinking of holding is kind of complicated, and would take a little effort (I won't be asking for entrance fees or anything outrageous like that) on the part of the participants. This is why that last question is especially important, because if they think they might not even get a prize, they won't participate. But the purpose of holding such a contest is always to get as much participation as possible, right?
Also, how should I go about informing players of my contest? Certainly I will be making a thread on this forum, but how do I reach players not on the forum? The in game chatting mechanism is quite difficult to use...
That's mostly it for now, thanks for your time and input.
Join date : 2012-09-28
Posts : 220
|Subject: Re: Starting a Giveaway Contests help/discussion Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:24 pm|| |
Also, would anyone be interested in a cooperationg giveaway or something?
Like a new years giveaway or something like that, donors can give whatever they can afford to, and then we can hold a riddle contest (or something of the sort just as an example).
Of course you keep whatever you plan to give away yourself until the end of the contest, so that no one uses this to scam kind hearted donors.
But people can just say "I want to donate X" in a thread, and someone can add it to the first post or something, and everyone who donated can decide on prize tiers and stuff like that.
Join date : 2012-08-14
Posts : 554
|Subject: Re: Starting a Giveaway Contests help/discussion Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:33 pm|| |
Long post will be long (at least to me)
1. To build trust, give the community an idea on what you stand for and what you want them to know. Get involved, make discussion, get people to know you. It's hard to tell people, "Hey, give me X ITEM and I'll put it in a contest". It's also a pain to make sure you don't spend everyone's stuff.
2. Forum Events are fairly stressful. You need to make sure things are clear, if they aren't, then you have to make them clear. You need to make sure that the rules you put in place are solid and don't make anyone feel cheated (The Halloween one made me feel a bit bad since not a whole ton of people could join due to different times) and you also need to make sure that you can dedicate the time to update anything that needs to be updated (The Rancid Sewers lottery/sweepstakes was only updated every other day since I work, go to college, and do other things)
3. If you really want to have the space to create a giveaway or another event, you should apply for the Event Planners Group. That way you can get others to help you smooth out rules and get feedback on things to improve on. The EP Group will get their own sub-forum to write out rules, throw out ideas, and create events.
4. To advertise your contest, you can always post it in Fantasica, or if you ask nicely, get me to send a newsletter to your contest.
5. Make it attractive, most of the events on the forum are sin ugly, but eventually I'll get around to designing banners for them and whatnot. Maybe post pictures of the prizes or get someone to do it for you.
I will add more if I think of anything.
- clocksprocket wrote:
- Trust me, my ass is just as nice, but I don't go around wearing just stockings and underwear and thrusting it out at random people.
POPULARITY LIST SEASON TWO, WEEK ONE UNDER WAY!
Join date : 2012-10-16
Posts : 19
|Subject: Re: Starting a Giveaway Contests help/discussion Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:37 pm|| |
When I saw this thread, I thought it was the guy who organized the Giveaway on fanta me and some friends participated in o.o Well... now I see you are looking to organize one so I'll give some input with my experience.
This guy, whom I don't exactly remember the ID right now, started advertising that he'd be doing a Giveaway on the latest card report. He said he'd be randomly giving 4*s and 5*s to players he thought deserved it and stuff... anyways yeah, he then hold a "guess the song and the artist by the lyrics" contest. Turned out to be much more fun than I'd expect, first prize was a 6* alex that my friend won
He said he'd do 1 event/giveaway each evening, until Christmas' eve where he'd give a 6* monica. Participated to the next 2 days' event, seems he haven't done another yet for a while.
I know this isn't my giveaway per say, I'm far from being wealthy enough to do one
Just thought sharing this might help you in some way. One thing to retain though is that Giveaways are a lot more fun when there's events or contests involved, not just mindless giving.
|Subject: Re: Starting a Giveaway Contests help/discussion || |