HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

Final Fantasy Airborne Brigade

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
LatinLegacy

PostSubject: Final Fantasy Airborne Brigade   Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:01 pm

A new game is being released in NA from Mobage/Dena in association with Square Enix. It will be called Final Fantasy Airborne Brigade. It looks like it's going to be an RPG/Card game hybrid with the use of ingame purchases (cards ). Not much details yet but you can read the short write up on Kotaku...

http://kotaku.com/5964311/theres-a-new-mobile-final-fantasy-game-on-the-horizon-and-we-hold-the-key-to-sephiroth

On the official Mobage facebook page, you can pre-register to gain access to the exclusive Cloud Strife card for a 3 month period.... I'm guessing you will have to pay for it after that point....

Edit: You also get Zidane as well. No time period mentioned on this card. Some details may need to be cleared up but all of the info is on the official Mobage facebook page....

http://www.facebook.com/mobage?ref=ts&fref=ts

A video showing off some of the game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlqnINYLDgs

Let's fill this thread with info!

-LatinLegacy

Back to top Go down
View user profile
DerpaDerpa
Ocean Dweller [Rare]

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Airborne Brigade   Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:36 pm

I'm actually really excited for this. I'm a die hard Final Fantasy fan and this is going to be awesome!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kadaan
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Airborne Brigade   Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:03 pm

I'm curious how similar it will be to most of the other mobage games like RoB/Marvel/BB/Diety Wars/etc. I'm also not too sure how I feel about the graphics; the Final Fantasy series has always had amazing artwork. Fantasica seems like it's more Final Fantasy-ish than Airborne Brigade is.

View user profile http://www.fantasicawiki.com/
ChibiLeen
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Airborne Brigade   Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:23 pm

Kadaan wrote:
Fantasica seems like it's more Final Fantasy-ish than Airborne Brigade is.
With Hideo Minaba as lead artist, it's a small wonder. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Evageek
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Airborne Brigade   Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:52 pm

It uses the weird wooden doll figures like in theatrythm final fantasy.
Which isn't a bad thing. I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jose.arias.7712
visionofthegods
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Airborne Brigade   Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:41 pm

Ill give it a shot because its FF, but it looks... strange.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rotarywhiz
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Airborne Brigade   Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:54 pm

not my cup of tea
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kadaan
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Airborne Brigade   Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:41 pm

Looks like it just came out this morning. I'm giving it a shot, but it's crashed a dozen times on me already and not a big fan of the artwork Sad.

View user profile http://www.fantasicawiki.com/
ChibiLeen
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Airborne Brigade   Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:58 pm

And once again, European players are left behind. Sure, why not. We loooooove to wait. Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blargod
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Airborne Brigade   Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:42 pm

Well... that was disappointing.... The game feels so half-baked, truthfully.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
visionofthegods
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Airborne Brigade   Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:40 pm

I want to try it just because FF is attached, butt I know it will be uninstalled.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Evageek
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Airborne Brigade   Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:50 pm

Worse then expected!
gg mobage Mad
Back to top Go down
Blargod
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Airborne Brigade   Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:51 am

^By far the worst game from mobage. I didn't last more than 6 hours before I got completely bored of it and uninstalled.

Issues:
Choppy graphics (using droid)
Freezing - it literally wont switch pages. You have to restart the application. Oh and this happens every 5-8 minutes?
No sound/music

Gameplay: So it follows like all Japanese social games. They were so lazy with the layout that they didn't bother explaining a lot of things such as how exactly atk and def play in fighting espers or how party mates come into play. The user interface is terrible as well. It's even worse than RoB. It isn't streamlined and it feels like smushed everything into one page.

Other things: White and Black Chocobos never seem to accept the K. green feeds. Seems like now I know at least one of their gimmicks in preventing free players from gaining better abilities and skills.

Overall: Even if you can get past all the issues, the gameplay does not wow anyone. It tries to be seemingly complex, but it follows like any other Japanese social mobile game out there- rarity of equipments, abilities, and summon stones = more power. I didn't even bother with playing for a full day since I know it's going to be crap in comparison to other games out there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Evageek
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Airborne Brigade   Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:02 am

The sound/music and auto battles did it for me. Feels really cheap and dammit I want to hear these chocobos wark
Back to top Go down
Blargod
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Airborne Brigade   Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:48 am

The auto-battles was kind of expected for me since it's a mobage/DeNa game. I had very low expectations for this game but wow... they must think people are stupid or something. Just because it's an FF game they think people are going immediately get hooked into it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ChibiLeen
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Airborne Brigade   Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:16 pm

Blargod wrote:
The auto-battles was kind of expected for me since it's a mobage/DeNa game. I had very low expectations for this game but wow... they must think people are stupid or something. Just because it's an FF game they think people are going immediately get hooked into it.

The secret of Squenix's survival in a nutshell: to stamp "Final Fantasy" on something, and and watch people flock to it like moths to a flame. When you see the number of past FF ports the company has released, as well as various FF-themed spin-offs, and weight it against the number of original IPs the company has released over the past few years, it tells you all you need to know about their policy. It makes me sad, really.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blargod
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Airborne Brigade   Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:04 pm

Yeah but seriously, the way they released this is just insulting. And this is me actually wanting to give the game a chance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Airborne Brigade   Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:16 pm

Blargod wrote:
Yeah but seriously, the way they released this is just insulting. And this is me actually wanting to give the game a chance.

And why exactly is Mobage hosting it, it really dosn't sound like the type of games they support...

Wanna Know What I Do In My Free Time? Click here

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blargod
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Airborne Brigade   Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:37 pm

predator852 wrote:
Blargod wrote:

And why exactly is Mobage hosting it, it really dosn't sound like the type of games they support...

Considering that Mobage has to compete with SE's Guardian Cross and its own other existing titles like Fantasica, I have no idea what the heck they were thinking.

Well... they tried to support the game by making it utterly idiotic and automatic as possible to follow their other games of the genre but it really doesn't mix well especially for Final Fantasy fans.

Android rating - 2 and 1/2 out of 5

Itunes- I don't know. Don't own an IOS.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ixtlia

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Airborne Brigade   Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:09 pm

Ugh, it sucks. Such a disgrace, but then again everything other than Fantasica that has been published by Mobage sucks.

Playing on a Nexus 7, and the lack of sound and music (much like RoB for me) is a deal breaker. I spent too much time trying to find the fun in this game when I should have been hunting Soul Shards....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
duhmichael17

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Airborne Brigade   Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:52 pm

Blargod wrote:
^By far the worst game from mobage. I didn't last more than 6 hours before I got completely bored of it and uninstalled.

Issues:
Choppy graphics (using droid)
Freezing - it literally wont switch pages. You have to restart the application. Oh and this happens every 5-8 minutes?
No sound/music

Gameplay: So it follows like all Japanese social games. They were so lazy with the layout that they didn't bother explaining a lot of things such as how exactly atk and def play in fighting espers or how party mates come into play. The user interface is terrible as well. It's even worse than RoB. It isn't streamlined and it feels like smushed everything into one page.

Other things: White and Black Chocobos never seem to accept the K. green feeds. Seems like now I know at least one of their gimmicks in preventing free players from gaining better abilities and skills.

Overall: Even if you can get past all the issues, the gameplay does not wow anyone. It tries to be seemingly complex, but it follows like any other Japanese social mobile game out there- rarity of equipments, abilities, and summon stones = more power. I didn't even bother with playing for a full day since I know it's going to be crap in comparison to other games out there.

I'm playing on an iPhone and there's absolutely no freezing whatsoever. It runs incredibly smooth.

And for gameplay, I think the tutorial did a decent job. Apart from that, there's a sort of Mini-Quest, I suppose, where you take quizzes regarding the mechanics of a game. Even if you get a question wrong, it'll explain the mechanic to you, and let you try again. Once you've finished all of the quizzes you get a Gold (I believe) chest which has a chance for a rare weapon.

I personally like the interface a lot. It's simple and to the point, with a useful menu to overview everything.

Also, I think it's an interesting take on rank rewards. Every day you get rewards depending on your rank. The more you contribute in fighting bosses with your brigade, the better your rewards. The same goes for your Brigade, which is randomly assembled every week. Being put against another Brigade for scoring points is also pretty entertaining as well.

Sure, it's not perfect, but I think it can only get better with time. Another major plus for the game is that you don't have to spend money to be a top ranking player, at least not yet...they've mentioned future events but so far cash items are just potions and ethers (similar to TE and Pot in Fantasica, in some ways).

I'd give it a 7.5 or an 8/10.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blargod
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Airborne Brigade   Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:44 pm

^ Well, I think your post is the most positive by far. My experience on the android has been terrible. Also, I may have judged the game more harshly simply because there are far better games out there like Marvel, RoB, etc.

The thing I also forgot to add was that I felt that the game had no sense of direction. I just felt like I kept questing, kill Ifrit, quest, kill Ifrit, rinse and repeat. I didn't last more than 6 hours doing this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
duhmichael17

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Airborne Brigade   Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:45 pm

I'll agree with the lack of sense of direction. The same could almost be said about Fantasica, though, in that without events you just do mindless quests.

Playing for one day, and especially on launch day, was pretty jarring. The mechanics are all very unique.

Now that I'm in the swing of things it all makes more sense. You're placed into a different Brigade (a sort of temporary guild) every week. That Brigade is assigned an opposing Brigade for the week, and you compete to defeat bosses and gain the most points. If you decide to join a party (which brings benefits such as being able to use more potions per day), those party members (up to 10) will always be in the same Brigade.

For each boss, there are three different types of "battle boosters": ability type, weapon type, and job. If you use any of those three, you gain more Contribution points. Those allow you to gain more chests and Job XP.

By reaching certain levels in Jobs you can unlock more advanced ones.
Weapons can be enhanced and upgraded, as well as abilites.

I think that once an event begins the game could get a lot more entertaining. But so far, it's nice and simple. Plus, it's basically completely free to play. Unlike Fantasica, you don't have to spend a lot of money. It's all based on your luck from chests you get from bosses.
With money you can buy potions or food to feed to Chocobos which can drop rare abilities, but aside from that there's really nothing to pay for in this game.

At least not so far...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
visionofthegods
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Airborne Brigade   Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:36 pm

If it didnt LOOK SO BAD....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HoundR
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Airborne Brigade   Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:46 am

I just started playing this game, so if anyone is missing allies, you can add me Smile

----- HoundR's LE Units&Monsters 4*/5*/6* SHOP !!! -----

Trading Center complaints/suggestions/multiple thread or RMT I didn't see/anything else PM me! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Airborne Brigade   Today at 1:07 am

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy Airborne Brigade
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next