HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

[EVENT] The Den of Sin [ Nov 29 - Dec 6 ]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
visionofthegods
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Den of Sin [ Nov 29 - Dec 6 ]   Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:17 pm

As far as stats are concerned, you might see alot of Songos this event.

Right now I have

Kyo 15 cost
Rem 20 cost
Hrwm 15 cost
Either Yuki, Halloween Helmut, or Songo 30 cost
And with the other 20 points a 4*. Have a couple at that cost.

Im gonna have to trade my H Helmut or 1 of my two Songos for something that cost a bit less, and possibly upgrade 1 of my other units to sonething more powerful.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SpellMason

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Den of Sin [ Nov 29 - Dec 6 ]   Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:21 pm

Stoire wrote:
ChibiLeen wrote:
Trying to figure out my team, and I have a question regarding stats: which stat is used to calculate the damage done to one's opponent? If have, say, a unit with high Ground attack, and a unit with high Air attack, which one will do the most damage? Or is the higher stat used?

All three stats are used to calculate the damage done, in a formula that's pretty close to this:

(HighestDamageStat*SkillModifiers)+(.25*((MiddleDamageStat*SkillModifiers)+(LowestDamageStat*SkillModifiers))

Credits to Struesdell.

I think that formula is missing a ) at the end.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
orionknight
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Den of Sin [ Nov 29 - Dec 6 ]   Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:43 pm

Wow, thanx Stoire & Struesdell!
Now my line up doesn't looks as bad as I originally thought. lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Den of Sin [ Nov 29 - Dec 6 ]   Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:47 pm

Right now my team is sizing up to be:
Max Werewolf 30cost
Max Rose 15cost
Max Alister 15cost
Max Sonia 25cost
The last spot will be determined by the bonus the Crime fightters give:
If it's bonus BP like VC ill have to suck it up and get a crime fighter. not Diane though, probably the other terrible 5*
If it's a boosted damage+hp like KoG, I think I'll skip a crime fighter and throw in Achillia.

Wanna Know What I Do In My Free Time? Click here

Back to top Go down
View user profile
supersmashedbros

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Den of Sin [ Nov 29 - Dec 6 ]   Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:48 pm

I don't think there will be many sognos being used at all among smart players.

With completely even damage stats, a cost of 30, and slow (the least useful arena skill) sogno is all disadvantages. the 30 cost alone is enough to write her off
Back to top Go down
View user profile
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Den of Sin [ Nov 29 - Dec 6 ]   Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:11 pm

supersmashedbros wrote:

With completely even damage stats, a cost of 30, and slow (the least useful arena skill) sogno is all disadvantages. the 30 cost alone is enough to write her off

Almost everything you said was dead on. BUT SLOW IS NOT THE WORST ARENA SKILL Evil or Very Mad
Firstly, it will never be half as bad as Attack boost <- = Twisted Evil = worst
Secondly, depending on the situation, arguments can be made for KB in place of slow and slow in place of KB.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sientara
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Den of Sin [ Nov 29 - Dec 6 ]   Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:19 pm

predator852 wrote:
supersmashedbros wrote:

Almost everything you said was dead on. BUT SLOW IS NOT THE WORST ARENA SKILL Evil or Very Mad
Secondly, depending on the situation, arguments can be made for KB in place of slow and slow in place of KB.

Thanks for reminding me of the beatdown I got when Claudio ABed the Venus Colosseum crew. affraid

The biggest problem with Slow is its variable usefulness. It moves all of the enemy units back a certain amount, which means that it can be totally awesome, or completely useless depending on the timing. I have seen at least one instance that it did nothing, because even the slowing didn't move them back far enough.

Knockback however, is always going to move one enemy unit to the end of the time, so it is more reliable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aszutai
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Den of Sin [ Nov 29 - Dec 6 ]   Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:38 pm

I need help with setup team setup >_< Currently the only units I know for sure I'm gonna use is Kyo.

So that's Kyo 15, got 85 more points to work with...

Possible addition to the team: (*name *cost)
5*
Sonia 25
Mihiro 25
Yuki 30

4*s:
Oneiro 30
Furfur 10
Angela 15
Katherine 25
Ayaha 25
Yuriya 20
Ricca 25

I'm think maybe three 5*s and two low cost 4*s? That will limit my choice pretty much to Kyo, Mihiro, Sonia, Furfur and Angela though, hum.... scratch

Maybe two 5* and three 4*s??
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.genbustudios.com
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Den of Sin [ Nov 29 - Dec 6 ]   Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:48 pm

Sientara wrote:
predator852 wrote:
supersmashedbros wrote:

Thanks for reminding me of the beatdown I got when Claudio ABed the Venus Colosseum crew. affraid

The biggest problem with Slow is its variable usefulness. It moves all of the enemy units back a certain amount, which means that it can be totally awesome, or completely useless depending on the timing. I have seen at least one instance that it did nothing, because even the slowing didn't move them back far enough.

Knockback however, is always going to move one enemy unit to the end of the time, so it is more reliable.

Gonna quote myself from a diiferent thread:

predator852 wrote:
I feel like I'm alone in all this, but I value poison much more than knockback or slow. It's (once again, in my opinion) on par with Area Attack, which I consider the best. That is because what I've witnessed so far is this:

In the Venus Colleseum, I was a weaker player with a group of unmaxed 4* cards. When matched against opponents of equal skill, we would almost always use every single one of the 30 turns allotted during a fight. The descision would be made by who had the most HP at the end. I found that in these fights KB and Slow are sort of double edged blades. They seem to give the user more of an edge, but with a team full of those two skills, the last 8 or so turns were dominated by my opponant and they would turn the tables and end with more life than me. As soon as I added two poison units (gloria and angela) in place of my two KB units the poison instantly netted me more wins. Doing more damage over time meant that my opponants attacks were making less of a differential, thus keeping the gap wide.

In KoG, I had two five star cards (Sonia + Hilde) along with two maxed 4*'s (Tullia+Remika). I found that at this higher level of competition, fights are decided in the first 15-25 turns, with almost none being decided by who had the most life at the end. I found that in these matches doing the most damage the fastest was key. My fifth unit was Sam, a slow unit. With AA going off ~3 times a match and me knocking back and slowing my opponant regularly, I was getting a KO faster and Faster. When I switched out Tullia for Gloria, I found that Poison and AA got me the KO sometimes before all of my foes cards had been able to strike. From my expierience I would assume that the stronger the overall team becomes, the faster you need to secure the KO. KB and Slow are not effective skills when a match is decided in 15 turns either way.

Soooooo (if you just wanted to skip all that) I would say angela is very effective because a) she'll likely strike first and if her poison does go off, it'll be first and b) she will have more chances than slower units to activate her poison.

KB always moving one unit isnt automatically better than slow which can:
move nothing at all
move one enemy back behind several of your own
move one enemy behind one of your own
move several enemies behind one of your own
move several enemies behind several of your own

Just to make another point, sometimes KB just ushes back the weak link of a team, and really dosnt help as much as it seems. their both gambles, and personally I think slow helps you more than KB hurts your opponant.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Den of Sin [ Nov 29 - Dec 6 ]   Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:53 pm

aszutai wrote:
I need help with setup team setup >_< Currently the only units I know for sure I'm gonna use is Kyo.

5*
Sonia 25
Mihiro 25
Yuki 30

4*s:
Oneiro 30
Furfur 10
Angela 15
Katherine 25
Ayaha 25
Yuriya 20
Ricca 25

I'm think maybe three 5*s and two low cost 4*s? That will limit my choice pretty much to Kyo, Mihiro, Sonia, Furfur and Angela though, hum.... scratch

I would say wait for the crime fighters and grab that 4* police officer if nothing else, if I remember right he is only 15, so that brings your total to 30, with 70 pints left for three more cards.

With 70 points I would definitly use Sonia, AA is a godsend in 5&4* fights for the reasons I posted above.

with those three used you have 2 more spots and 45 points.

I dont know who does more damage but if I were you I would figure it out and then use either Furfur or Angela.

Whoever you choose, you'll have enough points left for Yuki, who seems seems to be your best bet with what you have.

Just my advice!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
sharpyzu
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Den of Sin [ Nov 29 - Dec 6 ]   Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:55 pm

actually knockback sometimes does nothing at all, when you're near the end of the "round".

Let's call your unit A and enemy unit E

Let's say your A5 unit is a knockback unit, and the round goes something like this, just as an example:

A1
A2
E1
A3
E2
A4
A5
E3
E4
E5

if your A5 unit activates knockback, it only changes the order to
E4
E5
E3 but it doesn't actually do anything.

Actually, even if the last two units in the round is
A5
E5
the knockback would simply not do anything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Den of Sin [ Nov 29 - Dec 6 ]   Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:01 pm

sharpyzu wrote:
actually knockback sometimes does nothing at all, when you're near the end of the "round".

Let's call your unit A and enemy unit E

Let's say your A5 unit is a knockback unit, and the round goes something like this, just as an example:

A1
A2
E1
A3
E2
A4
A5
E3
E4
E5

if your A5 unit activates knockback, it only changes the order to
E4
E5
E3 but it doesn't actually do anything.

Actually, even if the last two units in the round is
A5
E5
the knockback would simply not do anything.

I've seen this happen as well, just another thing in the long list of reasons people should not give KB this undue praise I see it recieve in every battle event thread! thank you for posting this Smile

Back to top Go down
View user profile
dnonamus
War Hero [Rare]

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Den of Sin [ Nov 29 - Dec 6 ]   Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:05 pm

Wonder if they are skipping reprint as well?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.FantasicaHelp.com
wildfire116
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Den of Sin [ Nov 29 - Dec 6 ]   Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:35 pm

Hi i was wondering if anyone have any tips in making a team so far i only have WW and thinking about getting kyo and probably Kieth which leaves me at 40points left
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aszutai
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Den of Sin [ Nov 29 - Dec 6 ]   Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:48 pm

predator852 wrote:
aszutai wrote:

5*
Sonia 25
Mihiro 25
Yuki 30

4*s:
Oneiro 30
Furfur 10
Angela 15
Katherine 25
Ayaha 25
Yuriya 20
Ricca 25

I would say wait for the crime fighters and grab that 4* police officer if nothing else, if I remember right he is only 15, so that brings your total to 30, with 70 pints left for three more cards.

With 70 points I would definitly use Sonia, AA is a godsend in 5&4* fights for the reasons I posted above.

with those three used you have 2 more spots and 45 points.

I dont know who does more damage but if I were you I would figure it out and then use either Furfur or Angela.

Whoever you choose, you'll have enough points left for Yuki, who seems seems to be your best bet with what you have.

Just my advice!

Thanks, yea I'll have to wait for the new cards and see what I get. Sonia does seem like a good bet, and I'm pretty sure Angela does more damage than Furfur due to her more focused stats and S speed but she's also cost 5 more points. Depending on who else I got on team might have to pick furfur over her. Well, I can always swap units out and try different setups if one doesn't work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.genbustudios.com
Sientara
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Den of Sin [ Nov 29 - Dec 6 ]   Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:11 pm

dnonamus wrote:
Wonder if they are skipping reprint as well?

I doubt they will pass it up. The reprint was during the Magical Vacation Co-Op event (last 3 days only), so they will probably release it during a Co-Op to boost pack sales.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chaosbladeuk
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Den of Sin [ Nov 29 - Dec 6 ]   Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:47 am

wildfire116 wrote:
Hi i was wondering if anyone have any tips in making a team so far i only have WW and thinking about getting kyo and probably Kieth which leaves me at 40points left

Any fast Kb units will do. Achillea and Agnes if you can afford them - these two are in high demand during arena events
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ATROPEX
Peace Keeper [Retired]

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Den of Sin [ Nov 29 - Dec 6 ]   Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:12 am

Units still gain XP in arena, yes?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
visionofthegods
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Den of Sin [ Nov 29 - Dec 6 ]   Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:29 am

So right now my 4 man team is

Maxed Yuki
Maxed Kyo
Maxed Mihiro
83 Halloween Helmut

Thats two KB, 1 Poison, 1 Slow, and all around decent stats for the team. But I would have to drop H Helmut and Mihiro just to add a 61 rem, 45 Hrwm, and a 47 Remika. Even if I got everything leveled some is it worth it? I would rather have a good maxed out team of 4 then a mid leveled team of 5, right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chaosbladeuk
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Den of Sin [ Nov 29 - Dec 6 ]   Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:05 am

visionofthegods wrote:
So right now my 4 man team is

Maxed Yuki
Maxed Kyo
Maxed Mihiro
83 Halloween Helmut

Thats two KB, 1 Poison, 1 Slow, and all around decent stats for the team. But I would have to drop H Helmut and Mihiro just to add a 61 rem, 45 Hrwm, and a 47 Remika. Even if I got everything leveled some is it worth it? I would rather have a good maxed out team of 4 then a mid leveled team of 5, right?

Ok first off I think your team is lacking something - Speed. If you're going against someone who KB stack you, you're not going to be able to get many turns in. Apart from Kyo and Saki, Princesses aren't very good for arena in general.

You're better off buying two Keiths and running Kyo, Yuki, Keith x 2 and another 15 dc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nemesis999

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Den of Sin [ Nov 29 - Dec 6 ]   Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:15 am

This seems like its turning in to a team suggestion thread Laughing

Maybe you guys could help me right now im looking at this for my team:

Vlad (30)
Charles (10)
Lily (30)
Victoria (30)

that puts me at 100 though but that for a full KB team, I was also thinking of using a male team with Alex 4* and camile, adolph, bernard
I also have yuki, kyo

Should I get a crime fighter you think? and does the crime fighter boost only work if they are on your team?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chaosbladeuk
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Den of Sin [ Nov 29 - Dec 6 ]   Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:30 am

nemesis999 wrote:

Vlad (30)
Charles (10)
Lily (30)
Victoria (30)

that puts me at 100 though but that for a full KB team, I was also thinking of using a male team with Alex 4* and camile, adolph, bernard
I also have yuki, kyo

Should I get a crime fighter you think? and does the crime fighter boost only work if they are on your team?

Vlad - lily - charles - adolph and kyo (or a 20 dc kb, like agnes/achillea or keith).

Crime fighters work like the princess in Key of Goetia, they increase your Hp and their stats/skills are boosted.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nemesis999

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Den of Sin [ Nov 29 - Dec 6 ]   Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:39 am

chaosbladeuk wrote:
nemesis999 wrote:

Vlad (30)
Charles (10)
Lily (30)
Victoria (30)

I also have yuki, kyo

Vlad - lily - charles - adolph and kyo (or a 20 dc kb, like agnes/achillea or keith).

Crime fighters work like the princess in Key of Goetia, they increase your Hp and their stats/skills are boosted.

i guess trying to use alex for a male atk boost team wouldnt be worth it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chaosbladeuk
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Den of Sin [ Nov 29 - Dec 6 ]   Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:53 am

nemesis999 wrote:
chaosbladeuk wrote:
nemesis999 wrote:

Vlad (30)
Charles (10)
Lily (30)
Victoria (30)

I also have yuki, kyo

Alex is terrible. There are better 4* to use if you have any
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nemesis999

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Den of Sin [ Nov 29 - Dec 6 ]   Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:08 am

chaosbladeuk wrote:
nemesis999 wrote:
chaosbladeuk wrote:
nemesis999 wrote:

Vlad (30)
Charles (10)
Lily (30)
Victoria (30)

I also have yuki, kyo

Alex is terrible. There are better 4* to use if you have any

I guess the way I saw it was you get atk boost then your units get boosted doing more damage to make up for Alex horible stats, each male unit goes up about 30k i think when i noticed in quests
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Den of Sin [ Nov 29 - Dec 6 ]   Today at 7:30 am

Back to top Go down

[EVENT] The Den of Sin [ Nov 29 - Dec 6 ]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 23Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 23  Next