HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

RPG/MMORPG freaks??

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
dastand
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: RPG/MMORPG freaks??   Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:50 pm

okami never interested me. to be honest my favorite has always been the more darker games, resident evil, fatal frame, shin megami tensei, trapt. ps2 is my favorite system of them all
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.something.com
JaeKun
Android Mechanic [Rare]

PostSubject: Re: RPG/MMORPG freaks??   Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:50 pm

beltane-flames wrote:
How did I forget about Fire Emblem?! I love that series!

My friend and I used to sit and play the game together, then read the dialogue when it came to it. When we played Sacred Stones, she had to be Ephraim. Every time. She also read for every random soldier dude who came in and announced stuff. Laughing So fun. I was always... Seth, Matthew, Hector, Kent, and Markus. Because nobody ever wanted to read for Markus. xDD (Craptastic stats... xP) I love how, looking back, I mostly read males... even though I'm a girl. LOL I do a mean Serra, though. (I wrote a FE7 fanfic, too, about Kent and Sain babysitting... what fun! xD)

I liked sacred stones alot, my favorite was always joshua as Swordmaster it gave alot of memories .__.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crowex
ADMIN

PostSubject: Re: RPG/MMORPG freaks??   Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:35 pm

Umm.... Is Pokemon an RPG? I played that when I was little ;____;

POPULARITY LIST SEASON TWO, WEEK ONE UNDER WAY!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fantasicaunofficial.com
memphiskite
Battalion General [LEGENDARY]

PostSubject: Re: RPG/MMORPG freaks??   Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:59 pm

Crowex wrote:
Umm.... Is Pokemon an RPG? I played that when I was little ;____;

If it's got stats, it's an RPG to me. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.memphiskite.deviantart.com
ohzark

PostSubject: Re: RPG/MMORPG freaks??   Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:29 am

'I love Suikoden 1/2, these two are just the most awesome games for me cat

other than that, I found amalur pretty interesting.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
LatinLegacy

PostSubject: Re: RPG/MMORPG freaks??   Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:09 am

I am a huge RPG & MMORPG buff. I started playing RPG's on the NES with the very first Final Fantasy game. I started my adventuress into the MMORPG enre in the mid 90's with Meridian 59. Between the two genres, I have played hundreds of games. Everything from home-brewed RPG games via emulators to international free to play MMORPG's. There are just so many games to list that I have enjoyed over the years. Everything from the well known the Final Fantasy's, Phantasy Star's, Lunar's, Ys's, etc to Baldurs's Gate, Neverwinter Nights, The Elder Scrolls & so on. I have many favorites but I would have to put Final Fantasy Tactics at the very top. It's the only game to date that I have purchased more than twice across multiple platforms. With the amount of playtime that I have put into FFT, I am sure that I have dumped over 1000 hours of game time into that one game. That is much more than any other RPG & some franchises combined. The Elder Scrolls Morrowind would be a very close second.

MMORPG's is an entirely different beast for me. I have played many of the major games. Meridian 59 as mentioned before, Ultima Online, Everquest, Dark Age of Camelot, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, Final Fantasy XI & XIV, & so on. I have written guides for some games, have been part of some of the biggest & most recognized guilds/clans/linkshells in my history of playing MMO's. I would start to do some articles & guides for the Curse Network in the late 2000's. I really only dabbed into it as I would rather be playing the games than writing anything about them Razz. I would move on to become a senior moderator for a handful of the dedicated MMORPG sites. Currently, I only focus on there FFXIV based site & another site not yet named. As for my favorite MMORPG, I still hold a soft spot for Dark Age of Camelot. Sadly, not many people got to experience this well ahead of its time MMORPG. It's the only game that I would ever consider to have everything about it be near flawless. Including it's amazing PvP system.

I need to take a newer picture but this is just some of my MMORPG's. I no longer have the boxes to some of my older games from the 90's.

-LatinLegacy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Curasa
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: RPG/MMORPG freaks??   Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:26 am

I'm not exactly a huge gamer anymore with work, college, and just the everyday hustle and bustle lifestyle. I have a PS3, I picked up mainly for the games that I played when I was younger that still produce sequels such as Resident Evil and some Final Fantasys. The last game I played was XIII-2, and I feel like my man-card was revoked once I completed it. Such a girly game. Hope the next one is better.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
memphiskite
Battalion General [LEGENDARY]

PostSubject: Re: RPG/MMORPG freaks??   Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:45 pm

@LatinLegacy: DDDDUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDDDDDDDDDDEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can I come over to your place and stare at your wonderful collection? Very Happy
I don't steal. I just stare in a creepy way and pester you for some local multiplayer fun. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.memphiskite.deviantart.com
ragnarok

PostSubject: Re: RPG/MMORPG freaks??   Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:22 pm

Have you tried playing ragnarok online? Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MiyamaMizuki

PostSubject: Re: RPG/MMORPG freaks??   Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:26 pm

Have been playing Elsword for half a year.
I think it's a great game XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JaeKun
Android Mechanic [Rare]

PostSubject: Re: RPG/MMORPG freaks??   Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:32 pm

well mmos
i played almost every mmo out there
my favorites were mabinogi,dragonest and continent of the ninth :3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pnoytroi
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: RPG/MMORPG freaks??   Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:39 pm

I am horrible at RPGs~! I always start them but never finish them because I lost interest so fast~!

Only one I ever finished all the way through was FFVII.

Never Finished:

FFVIII
FFIX
FFX
FFX-2
FFXI
FFXII
And whatever current FF there is

FFV
FFIIII
FFIII
FFII

FF Crystal Chronicles

Digital Devil Saga
Nocturne
Dragon Quest
Fire Emblem
Star Quests

Fable I, II, III

Lunar Star or whatever it was called lol

Some of the current PS3 RPG Games

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dark Knlght
Peace Keeper [Retired]

PostSubject: Re: RPG/MMORPG freaks??   Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:52 pm

pnoytroi wrote:
I am horrible at RPGs~! I always start them but never finish them because I lost interest so fast~!

Only one I ever finished all the way through was FFVII.

Never Finished:

FFVIII
FFIX
FFX
FFX-2
FFXI
FFXII
And whatever current FF there is

FFV
FFIIII
FFIII
FFII

FF Crystal Chronicles

Digital Devil Saga
Nocturne
Dragon Quest
Fire Emblem
Star Quests

Fable I, II, III

Lunar Star or whatever it was called lol

Some of the current PS3 RPG Games

You didn't finish 10? It was a good one. You'd prob like the Kingdom Heart series then. Great story and not turn based.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pnoytroi
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: RPG/MMORPG freaks??   Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:07 pm

Dark Knlght wrote:

You didn't finish 10? It was a good one. You'd prob like the Kingdom Heart series then. Great story and not turn based.
Thanks for reminding me.. Need to add that to my lists as well. LOL.

Well ok, I think I did finish Kingdom Hearts 1.. It's been a while.. Oh wait, no, I didn't finish it. lol

I moved straight to two because it came out.. But 2 on the other hand.... >_> ... I couldn't get past the Sephiroth battle... So I just quit that one as well haha.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
tzerherman
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: RPG/MMORPG freaks??   Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:32 pm

My list of FINISHED rpgs:
Pokemon Yellow
Pokemon Red
Pokemon Blue
Spyro: Year of the Dragon
Harvest Moon: Back to Nature (simply amazing)
Dragon Warrior Monsters (BEST GBC GAME EVAR)
Final Fantasy Tactics (GBA)
Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones
Golden Sun 2
Pokemon Sapphire
Pokemon Ruby
Pokemon Emerald
Megaman Battle Network 5: Protoman
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4
Dragon Quest VIII: Cursed King?
Kingdom Hearts
Kingdom Hearts: Chains of Memories
Pokemon Pearl
Pokemon Diamond
Pokemon Platinum
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blue
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Time?
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor
Fire Emblem DS
Harvest Moon DS
Dragon Quest: Sentinel of the Starry Skies? (a must play)

MMORPGS:
Runescape (dont judge... ^^ i dont play anymore though)
MapleStory (every asian)
Gunbound (Interesting concept for a MMO, not sure if RPG or not)

Unfinished List/ Cant be f**ked playing/STUCK:
ALMOST ALL THE FINAL FANTASY SERIES (the point where you just cant be bothered anymore)
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES
Disgaea
Disgaea DS
Suikoden I
Suikoden II
Digimon World 1
Digimon World 2
Digimon World 3
Digimon World 4
Digimon World Championships

Eh probs have more that i cant think of lol, but i LOVE rpgs, especially JRPGs Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
keroberus2

PostSubject: Re: RPG/MMORPG freaks??   Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:54 pm

I remember about 12-13 years ago[am 19 now], laying up against my bed asleep, mum waking me up and giving me FFIX with the strategy guide, and upon putting the disk into the console and running it for the first time, having my mind blown at the amazing cinematics and the amazing fighting system.

From then on I was an RPG addict and played everything I could. When I had just turned 11, I went on miniclip.com for my usual flash gaming experience and I saw something called 'Runescape' on the front page and sent it to two of my best friends [still to this day though they're no longer gamers =( ], and upon registering and logging in, we were all standing next to each other- this was my first ever experience with the concept of something being 'online' and it blew my mind. I became a hardcore MMO gamer ever since.

RPGs and MMOs were the only kind of games that I really paid much attention to from the ages of about 8- 16, and have gone through all the big titles, all the Tales series, Kingdom hearts, Final Fantasies, Dragon Quests, Phantasy Star and Star Oceans, you name it. If it's generally a JRPG, I've played it. Up until 2008 I had played every single free MMORPG on MMOhut.com that wasn't region locked. So yeah, I used to be a busy boy. And still maintain As!

However from 16-19, I've been on an RPG Hiatus. I tend to spend 90% of my time on games now playing Fighting games like SF4, MvC3 and also moving into the Realms of MOBA games [May->September = University Summer holidays, put 650 hours into just that game alone], with the intention of becoming a sponsored gamer [the fighting game clan i'm in which only has 10 people in has one sponsored player, and our channel is now supported by Machinima Very Happy]. So RPGs aren't really much of an opportunity now, because if i'm not studying, i'm training. Though January is always my 'RPG crazy' month, where I completely catch up on all the games I missed out on or never got to complete.

Phew! Pretty long for a second post Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
onidis

PostSubject: ACCEPT MY WALL OF TEXT   Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:37 pm

In response to the topic creator, I shall list my favourite PS2 JRPGs:
Atelier Iris (2, 3-not directly linked story-wise; alchemy simulation RPG), Mana Khemia (2-Same creators and genre as Atelier Iris), Star Ocean 3 (1 and 2 not needed to enjoy it; JRPG with action battle system), Dark Cloud (Action RPG; PS2 Zelda), Disgaea (2; strategy RPG with NUMBERS AND NUMBERS OH MY GOD YOU CAN GET TO LEVEL 9999), Makai Kingdom (Same creators/genre as Disgaea), Phantom Brave (See Makai Kingdom).

A few other people have mentioned the Suikoden games, which I also enjoyed a lot. You mentioned you like Persona; Nocturne/Lucifer's Call has been mentioned, but personally I preferred the two Shin Megami Tensei Devil Summoner games on the PS2, and there are the two Digital Devil Saga games, as well. All three of those are a lot harder than the Persona games in my opinion.

The gameplay can get a bit repetitive, but since you like MMORPGs as well, I am going to recommend the seven .hack games. Depending on how dedicated you are to the universe's story, there are a number of cross-medium continuations of the story. .hack//INFECTION, .hack//MUTATION, .hack//OUTBREAK and .hack//QUARRANTINE make up the first series that runs takes place after the anime series .hack//SIGN. The three .hack//G.U. games make up the second series of games, and have improved gameplay with .hack//ROOTS being the analogous //SIGN. You don't need to play the first series to enjoy the second, but there are a number of direct and indirect links (people playing the same characters/references that will bring you nerdjoy). There are a number of light novels and manga that also link into the .hack universe, but in the interest of not typing a dissertation, I will exclude them from this post.

The Xenosaga games are apparently very good, but I have never played them, and Dragon Quest VII is on the PS2. If you can handle the difficulty, it's fun. Then you have the more mainstream games (I don't mean to sound hipster) like Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts. If you are not morally opposed to it and can handle the pixels, downloading emulators of older systems will expand your possible game library quite a bit.

The MMOs I am currently playing are Tera and Guild Wars 2 and I enjoy them both. At the request of some friends, I will also be playing PSO2 soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pnoytroi
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: RPG/MMORPG freaks??   Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:41 pm

Unfinished List Updated:

Disgaea I & II
All the Pokemons leading up to White
Suikoden
.Hack//Sign (Or whatever it was called)
Xenosaga

Back to top Go down
View user profile
PatchFirefox

PostSubject: Re: RPG/MMORPG freaks??   Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:16 am

LatinLegacy wrote:
I am a huge RPG & MMORPG buff. I started playing RPG's on the NES with the very first Final Fantasy game. I started my adventuress into the MMORPG enre in the mid 90's with Meridian 59. Between the two genres, I have played hundreds of games. Everything from home-brewed RPG games via emulators to international free to play MMORPG's. There are just so many games to list that I have enjoyed over the years. Everything from the well known the Final Fantasy's, Phantasy Star's, Lunar's, Ys's, etc to Baldurs's Gate, Neverwinter Nights, The Elder Scrolls & so on. I have many favorites but I would have to put Final Fantasy Tactics at the very top. It's the only game to date that I have purchased more than twice across multiple platforms. With the amount of playtime that I have put into FFT, I am sure that I have dumped over 1000 hours of game time into that one game. That is much more than any other RPG & some franchises combined. The Elder Scrolls Morrowind would be a very close second.

MMORPG's is an entirely different beast for me. I have played many of the major games. Meridian 59 as mentioned before, Ultima Online, Everquest, Dark Age of Camelot, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, Final Fantasy XI & XIV, & so on. I have written guides for some games, have been part of some of the biggest & most recognized guilds/clans/linkshells in my history of playing MMO's. I would start to do some articles & guides for the Curse Network in the late 2000's. I really only dabbed into it as I would rather be playing the games than writing anything about them Razz. I would move on to become a senior moderator for a handful of the dedicated MMORPG sites. Currently, I only focus on there FFXIV based site & another site not yet named. As for my favorite MMORPG, I still hold a soft spot for Dark Age of Camelot. Sadly, not many people got to experience this well ahead of its time MMORPG. It's the only game that I would ever consider to have everything about it be near flawless. Including it's amazing PvP system.

I need to take a newer picture but this is just some of my MMORPG's. I no longer have the boxes to some of my older games from the 90's.

-LatinLegacy

Great collection. Im particularly impressed that your the only one who mentioned/showed a copy of City of Heroes/Villain in your list! I played that game for years because of the great community and amazing character customization. Sadly it is now being shutdown Sad

Im currently playing SWTOR (Star Wars The Old Republic). Great gameplay and awesome graphics! Fully voiced storylines! Check it out!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PatchFirefox

PostSubject: Re: RPG/MMORPG freaks??   Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:17 am

And I just noticed the Darth Malgus box lol.... so everyone else go check it out!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bongun4

PostSubject: Re: RPG/MMORPG freaks??   Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:22 am

nice lists everyone.

I am also a huge RPG/MMO/Strategy fan.

I have heard star ocean only once on this thread, that game was really top notch. story is awesome, combat is dynamic, graphics is good too. item creation is the way to go.

The only MMO i played for a long time was ragnarok (since it was cheap). im willing to even play it again. lol. I am waiting for the revamped FFXIV. FFXI was my top choice in MMORPG. I had lots of hope for FFXIV. even bought the fiancee and myself copies. Too bad it was not as good as i wanted it to be.

Im currently playing XCOM EU. awesome strategy game...

My list goes like so(as far as i know.. i may have missed a few:

handheld:
FFI-IV
lunar
star ocean blue sphere
dissidia
Fire emblem

PS1:
suikoden 1-2
FF V-IX
chronotrigger
star ocean I & II
front mission III
chronocross
FFT
OgreBattle
bahamut lagoon
saga frontier

PS2:
FF X-XII
starocean III
front mission IV
dark cloud
disgaea I & 2
.hack
Radiata stories
Kingdom hearts
Xenosaga
Stella Deux

PS3:
disgaea 3
Valkyria Chronicles
FF XIII
Star Ocean IV

MMO:
Ragnarok Online
World of Warcraft
FFXI
FFXIV
League of Legends

PC:
XCOM Enemy Unknown
Fallout series
Elderscrolls series
Back to top Go down
View user profile
onidis

PostSubject: Re: RPG/MMORPG freaks??   Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:23 pm

I love RO. I still play it on occasion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ChibiLeen
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: RPG/MMORPG freaks??   Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:20 pm

And the thread necromancy continues.

Most of my gaming life, I've been an RPG addict. It started 15 years ago, when I was 13. I randomly bought a second hand SNES cartridge, the artwork and title appealed to me. That gem of a game was called Illusion of Time. Terranigma and Secret of Evermore followed, and blowed my mind even further. And finally, I came across Lufia 2: Rise of the Sinistrals, which sealed the deal. RPGs have been my favourite genre ever since. Smile

Over the years, I've assembled an extensive collection of RPG's. I'll list a selection of those I particularly liked, starting with the PS1:

PS1:
    Chrono Cross
    Final Fantasy VII
    Final Fantasy IX
    Grandia (still one of my favourite games ever)
    Jade Cocoon (still one of my favourite games ever)
    Star Ocean : The Second Story (still one of my favourite games ever)
    Valkyrie Profile (still one of my favourite games ever)
    Wild ARMs (*whistles THE theme*)
    Wild ARMs 2
    Xenogears

Dreamcast:
    Grandia 2
    Skies of Arcadia

PS2:
    Atelier Iris 1-3(loved the whole Iris series)
    Breath of Fire : Dragon Quarter (one of the most mind-blowing games I've ever played)
    Dark Cloud
    Dark Chronicle
    Jade Cocoon 2
    Mana Khemia (a worthy heir to the Iris series)
    Odin Sphere (the most beautiful 2D engine I've ever seen)
    Phantom Brave
    Rogue Galaxy (favourite Level-5 game)
    Soul Nomad and the World Eaters (favourite Nippon Ichi game)
    Star Ocean : Till The End of Time
    Valkyrie Profile : Silmeria
    Wild ARMs 5

PC:
    Divine Divinity (support Larian Studios! They're great!)
    Quest for Glory 1-5 (venerable series, yet still in my personal top five)
    Zanzarah

XBOX 360:
    Divinity 2: Dragon Knight Saga (Larian Studios, I love you)
    Eternal Sonata
    Fable II
    Fable III
    Resonance of Fate (not as hard as I was told, unfortunately, but still great)
    Star Ocean : The Last Hope (not as good as the rest of the series, but still loved it)
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (more addictive than WoW T^T)
    Dragon's Dogma

GBA:
    Fire Emblem (recently discovered the series, am loving it!)
    Final Fantasy Tactics Advance

NDS:
    Dragon Quest IX (the first one I really liked, and it finally made me fall in love with the series)
    Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2

PSP:
    Final Fantasy Tactics - War of the Lions (didn't like the original, the new localization made a huge difference!)
    Riviera - The Promised Land
    Star Ocean : First Departure
    Star Ocean : Second Evolution (I prefer the original, though)
    Tactics Ogre - Let us Cling Together (Matsuno is a genius)

I'm also a great Harvest Moon and Pokemon fan. I own most of the localized games of both franchises, and a few spinoffs. It's hard to say which ones are my favourites, though. I love them all. Very Happy

I tend to avoid MMORPGs. I've dabbled in WoW and Guild Wars, playing for a few weeks at a time. But I could never be bothered to level a character properly or to join a guild.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: RPG/MMORPG freaks??   Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:59 pm

Not going to put in as much effort as the person above me (overachievers these days -_-) but I will suffice to say that RPGs and Tower Defense games are the glue that hold my life together. Some standouts are:

Diablo 2: Really, a piece of perfection. The gods at Blizzard did their best to analyze every community tactic based around game flaws and then remove said flaws in D3, but theres only one D2. I would reccomend this game to anyone anywhere anytime. I own 4 battle chests. Why? Because I can.

Fire Emblem: Specifically FE8, my first fire emblem game. A strategy RPG of the highest calibur. The finality of the game, the fact that every character is unique and that if one dies you loose them forever was just a great idea. Every character is a person. They have stories and emotion. You play them as you think they would play if they had control. FE has never been matched when it comes to character creation IMO.

Popolocrois: A little known RPG that was only released for the PSP. The game was so raw and genuine. There are definitly better games out there, and believe me, it was not overly spectacular in any way. But the world, the characters, the delimas, the enemies...they all went together so well that last year I bought an original psp just to play this game again. It grabs your heart.

Pokemon: Childish on the surface, extremely deep in game mechanics...Pokemon is a shining example of why change is not always nessasary...when somethings as solid as pokemon is, it's as simple as add, update, tweak and continue to hold your spot as the second best selling video game franchise ever.

Fable: Another game where mechanics and gameplay are only half of what's important. The person you create, the descisions you make, and the raw energy the game provides with its graphics and music are one of a kind. The sequels each take a step away from greatness though, although they are better than most other games, I wish I never played them.

Wanna Know What I Do In My Free Time? Click here

Back to top Go down
View user profile
jheun
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: RPG/MMORPG freaks??   Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:56 am

Some of my favorite for the PS2 include but are not limited to

Suikoden AWESOME GAME!
Wild Arms (1 was the best)
Final Fantasy 10 and 12
Star Ocean (The Second Story) Crazy story.
Kingdom Hearts (Hybrid)
Arc the Lad
Champions of Norrath one of my favorites
./hack
Dark Cloud was interesting
Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete was a great one but was on the original PS.
Parasite Eve was pretty fun.
Guardians Crusade was special.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fantasicaunofficial.com/t3127-fantasi-mart-your-one-s
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RPG/MMORPG freaks??   Today at 1:55 am

Back to top Go down

RPG/MMORPG freaks??
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next