HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 
 

 What are you excited for?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Serotheo



Join date : 2012-09-03
Posts : 122

PostSubject: What are you excited for?   Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:59 pm

If you've ventured around the forums a bit and saw the listing of the events from the Japanese version of the game or even gone as far as scoping around the Japanese site (w.livedoor.jp/fantasica) you'll see a bevy of cards and content we don't have yet; what are you guys excited for in the coming.. weeks, months?

I personally can't wait for the Dragon-based one - awesome art on those cards >.>
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kelvgoh



Join date : 2012-09-04
Posts : 139

PostSubject: Re: What are you excited for?   Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:08 am

Palace of Life and Death. It is soooo cool! The cards are my favourite. Gona be broke again. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RisingAboveThis
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]


Join date : 2012-09-11
Posts : 309

PostSubject: Re: What are you excited for?   Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:11 am

A slightly bigger chance of getting old 5*s :p
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kelvgoh



Join date : 2012-09-04
Posts : 139

PostSubject: Re: What are you excited for?   Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:14 am

Hmm... why do you want the old 5*? The new ones (Some are ugly but some are really nice). Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RisingAboveThis
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]


Join date : 2012-09-11
Posts : 309

PostSubject: Re: What are you excited for?   Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:46 am

Because the NEW ones everytime there is a NEW card, are much more expensive. Im all about getting ut cheaply if I can.

Oldies would lower in price, and I just want anything but Fiona anyway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kelvgoh



Join date : 2012-09-04
Posts : 139

PostSubject: Re: What are you excited for?   Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:01 am

Good one, I am all for it then. Laughing But some of the new cards are really nice, even for 3* and 4*. *DROOLS*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]


Join date : 2012-08-17
Posts : 1395

PostSubject: Re: What are you excited for?   Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:09 am

Can I mention what I'm not excited for?

Cards like Antiope (of the Amazoness series) -- just look her up. One of the most unnecessary cards I've seen. Like she looks fantastic, but why is the only thing we see her exposed ass?

I'm just tired of women being treated as objects that are skimpily clad and there for you to stare at their t&a. Like, no, come on guys. I was pleased with Fantasica because most of its art is decent and it's not all "CHECK IT OUT HUGE EXPOSED BOOBS EVERYWHERE" but some of the future artists do buy into that. That and the new icon. The old one was pretty inoffensive, the new one has her boob hanging out. Can we just like, move away from that?

Well... this is a Fantasica forum, so I guess I'm looking forward to not arguing with people about feminist issues...

Also looking forward to the Colosseum starting soon. =__=


e: the more I stare at the card, the more it hurts. When a girl has her back completely to you, but is turned a bit to look back at you, even when she has big boobs, they will not look like a complete huge boob in profile. Sideboob.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pugilist



Join date : 2012-09-05
Posts : 82

PostSubject: Re: What are you excited for?   Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:28 am

clocksprocket wrote:
Can I mention what I'm not excited for?

Cards like Antiope (of the Amazoness series) -- just look her up. One of the most unnecessary cards I've seen. Like she looks fantastic, but why is the only thing we see her exposed ass?

I'm just tired of women being treated as objects that are skimpily clad and there for you to stare at their t&a. Like, no, come on guys. I was pleased with Fantasica because most of its art is decent and it's not all "CHECK IT OUT HUGE EXPOSED BOOBS EVERYWHERE" but some of the future artists do buy into that. That and the new icon. The old one was pretty inoffensive, the new one has her boob hanging out. Can we just like, move away from that?

Well... this is a Fantasica forum, so I guess I'm looking forward to not arguing with people about feminist issues...

Also looking forward to the Colosseum starting soon. =__=


e: the more I stare at the card, the more it hurts. When a girl has her back completely to you, but is turned a bit to look back at you, even when she has big boobs, they will not look like a complete huge boob in profile. Sideboob.

Ditto.
I got tired of RoB because of a similar issue. The women/female were total sex symbols or they were kinda pedophile art, which is sick too. Sad
One of my dad's favorite characters in the game is Julian, and she doesn't show any skin. He says, "You can be sexy without being 1/2 naked."


I once punched a man so hard, his clothes ripped off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]


Join date : 2012-08-17
Posts : 1395

PostSubject: Re: What are you excited for?   Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:34 am

Julian? Like 3* Julian? Like my first 3* Julian?

That's a boy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kelvgoh



Join date : 2012-09-04
Posts : 139

PostSubject: Re: What are you excited for?   Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:37 am

clocksprocket wrote:
Julian? Like 3* Julian? Like my first 3* Julian?

That's a boy.

Shocked Well, there's this guy who is always posting on people's wall, asking for a BOY. Quote: "YOU HAVE BOY? 5* BOY? I ONLY WANT BOY." Unquote. Razz Seriously.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]


Join date : 2012-08-17
Posts : 1395

PostSubject: Re: What are you excited for?   Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:55 am

I had someone yesterday who specified female 4* when asking if I had any to sell.

I do like how people's icons change based on their leader, so there's variety there at least. Though right now I'm a creepy demon prince which I'm sure gives off a slightly different impression than I want. :p
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kelvgoh



Join date : 2012-09-04
Posts : 139

PostSubject: Re: What are you excited for?   Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:01 am

Mine used to be a lady with babies and crabs flying around her. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zoebeagle
Android Mechanic [Rare]


Join date : 2012-08-14
Posts : 374

PostSubject: Re: What are you excited for?   Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:20 am

clocksprocket wrote:
I had someone yesterday who specified female 4* when asking if I had any to sell.

I do like how people's icons change based on their leader, so there's variety there at least. Though right now I'm a creepy demon prince which I'm sure gives off a slightly different impression than I want. :p

WTB shirt for Erhard Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pugilist



Join date : 2012-09-05
Posts : 82

PostSubject: Re: What are you excited for?   Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:16 am

clocksprocket wrote:
Julian? Like 3* Julian? Like my first 3* Julian?

That's a boy.

Are you sure?
Looks like a woman to me. Then again, a lot of the males in this game/anime are effemine looking.
Boy, if you're right won't dad be shocked. Surprised


I once punched an effeminate looking guy, turns out it was actually a woman. Whoops.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]


Join date : 2012-08-17
Posts : 1395

PostSubject: Re: What are you excited for?   Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:51 am

Yes I am, and I never had any confusion about his gender. The Japanese wiki has him down as male, and I reckon they'd know Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zoebeagle
Android Mechanic [Rare]


Join date : 2012-08-14
Posts : 374

PostSubject: Re: What are you excited for?   Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:52 am

Always thought he was male, myself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RisingAboveThis
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]


Join date : 2012-09-11
Posts : 309

PostSubject: Re: What are you excited for?   Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:31 pm

Im sure the designers probably just do the skimpy art for the teenagers playing the game (Teens age 13 to 16-ish probably) since thats the majority of the users (Im assuming) and they just want to make the majority happy I guess? Idk, Im not a huge fan myself, but I ignore the image and focus on the stats and stars.

Also, irony, I got my 5* from this event and not an oldie. Thought it was humorous when I got it. :p
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zoebeagle
Android Mechanic [Rare]


Join date : 2012-08-14
Posts : 374

PostSubject: Re: What are you excited for?   Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:36 pm

What 5* did you get?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]


Join date : 2012-08-17
Posts : 1395

PostSubject: Re: What are you excited for?   Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:40 pm

I don't know. Do 13-16 year olds spend a lot of $$$ on this game? Maybe their parents do...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RisingAboveThis
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]


Join date : 2012-09-11
Posts : 309

PostSubject: Re: What are you excited for?   Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:26 pm

zoebeagle wrote:
What 5* did you get?

Stefan. Not sure if hes good or bad buut hes a 5* Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zoebeagle
Android Mechanic [Rare]


Join date : 2012-08-14
Posts : 374

PostSubject: Re: What are you excited for?   Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:32 pm

Did you trade him or pull him from a pack?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
struesdell
Baron Von Vermin [LEGENDARY]


Join date : 2012-09-08
Posts : 128

PostSubject: Re: What are you excited for?   Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:36 pm

RisingAboveThis wrote:
Stefan. Not sure if hes good or bad buut hes a 5* Razz

In my theorycrafting thread I compare Stefan to Hildegarde and Rose. He's good. Particularly good right now when it means you don't have to use a lower rank card to get the BT boost. Heidimarie is ruining the curve.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RisingAboveThis
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]


Join date : 2012-09-11
Posts : 309

PostSubject: Re: What are you excited for?   Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:02 pm

zoebeagle wrote:
Did you trade him or pull him from a pack?

Pulled from a pack. Only single pack I bought for the new event. I guess after opening $45 worth in this game, its about time I get a good one Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Serotheo



Join date : 2012-09-03
Posts : 122

PostSubject: Re: What are you excited for?   Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:55 pm

clocksprocket wrote:
I don't know. Do 13-16 year olds spend a lot of $$$ on this game? Maybe their parents do...

LOL, the real question is do 13-16 year olds openly oggle cards like that or do they play the "I'm cool" game, so they have to have a macho looking card? i.e. Joachim.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]


Join date : 2012-08-17
Posts : 1395

PostSubject: Re: What are you excited for?   Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:06 pm

Serotheo wrote:
clocksprocket wrote:
I don't know. Do 13-16 year olds spend a lot of $$$ on this game? Maybe their parents do...

LOL, the real question is do 13-16 year olds openly oggle cards like that or do they play the "I'm cool" game, so they have to have a macho looking card? i.e. Joachim.
Am I the only one who feels a bit awkward playing a silly tower defense/CCG game? Like yeah I'll pull it out every 10 min but if I'm in the bus or somewhere with a lot of people I try to be a bit more discreet.

Also Joachim's arms creep me the hell out. Like what. So do Lieselotte's legs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: What are you excited for?   Today at 7:02 pm

Back to top Go down
 
What are you excited for?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Similar topics
-
» EXCITED For the Next Manga Volume of SAILOR MOON?
» New and Excited
» Excited to exchange ideas, learn, and help if I can!
» Asia Championships 2012
» What are you excited for?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Fantasica :: Game Discussion-
Jump to: