HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

Music Preferences

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
RisingAboveThis
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Music Preferences   Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:24 pm

So, since this is general chat, I thought I'd post something most of us can relate to: Music.

Please feel free to post your favorite songs, videos, etc. I love listening to music and I'm willing to listen to anything at least once Smile

Personally, I like nu-metal, and rock.

Stuff like Korn, Limp Bizkit, A Day to Remember, Papa Roach, Disturbed.....things of that nature Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zoebeagle
Android Mechanic [Rare]

PostSubject: Re: Music Preferences   Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:19 am

I'm going to go out on a limb here and post this song I've been listening to recently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrfWIK9Tjx8

It's pretty "rock"y, and my just-turned-6-year-old loves the part at the end Razz bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RisingAboveThis
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: Music Preferences   Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:09 pm

Hehe, Pokemon rock. Very Happy Very nostalgic for me since I was about 6-ish when Pokemon God/Silver/Crystal came out :p
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pugilist

PostSubject: Re: Music Preferences   Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:45 pm

Love some of his stuff hate some of his stuff. Love this tune though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I73aqjm-XXA&feature=share&list=PL1FA55AC23A07C05F

I like a bit more mellow beat, helps me to chill after a hard day of punching.

I pulled of a trick punch once, actually it was more than once. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RedRivers
R. Ich. Rodent [Rare]

PostSubject: Re: Music Preferences   Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:08 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wa6R9Z576Yg

nuff said
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Serotheo

PostSubject: Re: Music Preferences   Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:15 pm

I listen to a lot of different music, eclectic.

Been on a Electro-house and jpop kick recently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBupwW7RZWo
Electrohouse ^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VLkvt16Jsg
jpop ^

I also listen to Alternative, Punk, and Electropop though.

Artists: Rise Against, Jimmy Eat World, LIGHTs, Silversun Pickups are a few of my favs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RisingAboveThis
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: Music Preferences   Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:09 am

Looooove Rise Against. Savior was one of my jams for a while. Smile
:
[Due to mobile not posting links on YouTube-___-] Check out Silverstein Smile Great band imo and they are soft yet heavy which is a nice mix. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JackNABox
Android Mechanic [Rare]

PostSubject: Re: Music Preferences   Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:05 am

My taste in music depends on my mood, but usually if I needed something to listen to with inspiration, "Jonsi" would be my band.
They have the most relaxing songs, it's just amazing. Another variation of the band is also called "Sigur Ros" which is basically the same themes and style but in Icelandic.

Jonsi's Song "Boy Lilikoi"
youtube.com/watch?v=UBgPmw3JCN4

Sigur Ros' Song "Hoppipolla"
youtube.com/watch?v=qmXMA34CeoQ

I beg everyone to listen to both of these songs till the end. Can't judge until you've listened to the entire song, eh?

Note: Being a new member and not being able to post any URL, my condolences.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RisingAboveThis
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: Music Preferences   Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:33 am

Just listened to em. Not exactly my thing, but it was still worth listening to:)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JackNABox
Android Mechanic [Rare]

PostSubject: Re: Music Preferences   Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:16 am

Aha it really is a gift, being able to take any sort of music without prejudice. In my case, I love listening to rap, Childish Gambino is one of my favorites. But it's good to take in different music, first time I listened to Jonsi, it was like an inspirational pull, just had to listen to more Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tzerherman
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: Music Preferences   Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:38 am

GANGNAM STYLE
Back to top Go down
View user profile
memphiskite
Battalion General [LEGENDARY]

PostSubject: Re: Music Preferences   Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:50 am

tzerherman wrote:
GANGNAM STYLE

NNOOOOOO...! I CAN'T UNLOOK THESE WORDS ANYMORE...!
Now that song will be stuck in my head for 24 hours...! D:

I'm a dance and trance type of guy with a bit of instrumental thrown in for good measure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.memphiskite.deviantart.com
beltane-flames
Ocean Dweller [Rare]

PostSubject: Re: Music Preferences   Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:48 pm

I'm an eclectic one, I'll give you that much. I am most obsessed with Emilie Autumn--especially the songs from Opheliac and the instrumentals from her Laced/Unlaced album--and Fiona Apple; I love all of Fiona's music, but I especially like her second and fourth albums best: When The Pawn and The Idler Wheel. (Both of those titles are actually longer--90 words and 23 words respectively--and yes, I can recite both by heart. Razz) I suppose I just found Fiona's music in the right place and at the right time, and that's part of why I love her so much, but I have to say that I've never heard any vocalist put so much into her singing--ever. Her songs are pieces of her, and you can tell, just watching her live. Emilie Autumn was sort of a "right place, right time" deal, as well, but her sound is truly unique and amazing, anyway. She plays electric violin... 'Nuff said. xD

I also like Regina Spektor; I like her sense of humor and the way she uses her voice. I'm a sucker for Nobuo Uematsu, and all the Final Fantasy music, essentially--it has such a different sound, and I love it. Franz Schubert is the greatest composer who ever lived, BTW. Heh. Seriously, though. The guy wrote over 900 songs and only lived to 31 years old. He wrote one of his most famous pieces ever when he was a teenager. I have an unspeakable amount of appreciation for this man and his music.

I've also taken to listening to traditional Japanese music, lately. I find it jarring yet relaxing, and it just seems to make sense somehow. (I lived in Japan in a past life, perhaps? Who knows? LOL.) I am obsessed with all things Japanese, so this isn't surprising, really, but if you've never heard any of the traditional Japanese instruments, you're missing out. They're some of the most distinctive, unique, and remarkable things I've ever heard. I, personally, should like to own a shamisen. And perhaps a shakuhachi. ^__^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Varis
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Music Preferences   Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:02 pm

beltane-flames wrote:
I'm an eclectic one, I'll give you that much.
Me, too. My general leanings are towards alternative, rock, and pop, but I also love jazz, classical, metal, and a splash of just about everything else (can't say I'm much for dubstep, or most club-type music, though).

Quote :
I love all of Fiona's music, but I especially like her second and fourth albums best: When The Pawn and The Idler Wheel.
I've been a huge fan of her since Tidal came out, and that one is still my favorite (I actually consider it one of the few "perfect" albums of all time). I love both When the Pawn... and Extraordinary Machine, too, but just not quite as much. I haven't bought Idler Wheel... yet, so I don't have an opinion on it, yet. =/

Lately, however, I've found myself a bit obsessed with Kimbra. I can't stop listening to her album, Vows.

Last edited by utinni77 on Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RisingAboveThis
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: Music Preferences   Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:07 pm

Haha, I'm also a fan of some JRock Razz I love D'espairsray and Dir en Grey. Very Happy Dir is fuckin brutal! ^__^ Their music videos aren't for the faint-of-heart either Razz

That being said.......HERE IS SOME JROCK FOR YA ;D

Dir en Grey, "Obsecure" (Couldnt do music vid....its "controversial" So I just made it the audio song. I find the video pretty BAMF though.)

D'espairsray, "Mirror" I did the audio since I couldnt find the music vid. Razz

PS.....Gangnam Style is amazing. I only know the lyrics thanks to internet translators; It's actually kind of romantic song tbh.

Yeah, I saw your reaction. I was surprised as well when I saw the translation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
beltane-flames
Ocean Dweller [Rare]

PostSubject: Re: Music Preferences   Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:57 pm

utinni77 wrote:
I've been a huge fan of her since Tidal came out, and that one is still my favorite (I actually consider it one of the few "perfect" albums of all time). I love both When the Pawn... and Extraordinary Machine, too, but just not quite as much. I haven't bought Idler Wheel... yet, so I don't have an opinion on it, yet. =/
Tidal was what I started with--still has a very special place in my heart, and it never gets old. The Idler Wheel is by far the most different and "out there" of anything she's done, but I feel like some of the eclecticism I sensed on her first album came back for this latest one. Though it's a lot more raw than any of her other albums, I feel like that's a credit to her rather than something that takes away from her work, because it honestly feels like she's in the room with me when I listen to it, and she's so free and full of emotion that it's impossible to dislike it. "Hot Knife" is definitely the least expected one, and it's very different from anything she's done, for sure, but it honestly suits her, and this new album makes me feel happy--because it makes me feel like she's happy, too, or as close to it as she's been for a long time. Smile

Not sure if you normally download for iTunes, but last I checked, the only (legal) way to get the bonus song was to download the deluxe version from iTunes. It's a charming little song--worth the download. :3

And Kimbra... that's the girl that featured in Gotye's "Somebody I Used to Know," right? She's got a nice voice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Varis
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Music Preferences   Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:29 am

Yeah, I normally get on iTunes or Amazon, so I'll probably get that deluxe version when I get around to buying it.

As for Kimbra, yes, she's the one on the Gotye song. I love her voice, and her musical style.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fatmatt75

PostSubject: Re: Music Preferences   Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:00 am

While I generally listen to K-pop and J-pop, I'm not against listening to any genre of music except for maybe metal. Mainly because I listen to alot of my bro's music which is generally indie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BrinkerBeers

PostSubject: Re: Music Preferences   Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:59 am

i generally rock out to some pierce the veil and chiodos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmMf3D3Hv9w&feature=share&list=PL4876BDFF839621A6

http://youtu.be/21HQAGDMDI8

Back to top Go down
View user profile
RisingAboveThis
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: Music Preferences   Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:01 pm

Been listening to Protest the Hero recently as well as All That Remains. Razz

Don't have cpu atm so settle with the title and artist Razz

"Cest La Vie" by Protest tue Hero
"Two Weeks" by All That Remains
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yoruno

PostSubject: Re: Music Preferences   Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:09 am

She, my all time fav artist.
Can't hyperlink yet... YouTube "she atomic".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JaeKun
Android Mechanic [Rare]

PostSubject: Re: Music Preferences   Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:48 am

I like dubstep,trance,acoustic alternative,jpop,kpop,japanese jazz xD
variety.. but i love
ghilbi jazz versions alot.
haha i cant post video links yet OTL

oh and yeah cant forget about that gangnam style..

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crowex
ADMIN

PostSubject: Re: Music Preferences   Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:55 pm

Necro'ing this one.

Just fell in love with Rise Against. Amazing group :3

POPULARITY LIST SEASON TWO, WEEK ONE UNDER WAY!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fantasicaunofficial.com
LatinLegacy

PostSubject: Re: Music Preferences   Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:22 am

Growing up in Harlem & the South Bronx, I naturally fell into the Hip Hip & R&B genres. I never really got that much into either genre & would only listen to most tracks if it had a good beat. In my house, I grew up listening to Motown Jazz & Blues mostly due to my father. When I was 14, I was introduced to electronic music from a friend in high school. I'm 30 now & I still heavily favor techno, trance, house, jungle & so on over anything else. With the exception of dubstep, that sucks Very Happy.

-LatinLegacy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SwordArtist
Calabasa Carnivora [LEGENDARY]

PostSubject: Re: Music Preferences   Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:47 pm

Naturally, I'm a huge fan of a band entitled, "Rebelution". Pretty chill vibes, if you like to blaze, you must check them out.

http://www.youtube.com/user/RebelutionMusic

Most of their Channel features live renditions, but they have a good number of their studio recordings if you dig a little.

Being the mad chill band that they are, many of their songs off their latest album are FREE to download via...

http://www.rebelutionmusic.com/Media/index.php ... Down on the right hand side, "FREE Downloads" pirat

And also under their sites "Music" tab, one can find links to stream all of the music from their 3 original albums via bandcamp.
(Their latest album, "Peace of MInd", has 3 versions. Studio, Dub, & Accoustic.)

I have a wide variety of tastes in music, & depending upon your reactions, I'll share more!

alien PEACE
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thelandof420.tumblr.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Music Preferences   Today at 1:00 am

Back to top Go down

Music Preferences
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next