HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

[EVENT] The Fires of the Apocalypse 2 [Nov 12 - Nov 19]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
mslbm
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Fires of the Apocalypse 2 [Nov 12 - Nov 19]   Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:08 pm

Can't wait for this event!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aszutai
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Fires of the Apocalypse 2 [Nov 12 - Nov 19]   Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:37 pm

superficial wrote:
If it's the same as the JP event then at least the 4* card on the 10th panel is way more attractive than the previous Fires of Apocalypse event. I must say, 6* Diane seems to be a really strong card, A in move.

Considering her stats and skills though, she's actually one of the lower tier 6*s :/ Only have 130 range as well. The attack speed certainly helps, but she'll need either higher stats or a slow/knockback to be one of the higher tier. But hey, that means people won't push as hard this time around Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.genbustudios.com
snappycow
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Fires of the Apocalypse 2 [Nov 12 - Nov 19]   Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:45 pm

I managed to trade up to an Anastasia, hopefully I might get another good 6*, then perhaps I could trade for Di @_@
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aszutai
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Fires of the Apocalypse 2 [Nov 12 - Nov 19]   Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:12 pm

snappycow wrote:
I managed to trade up to an Anastasia, hopefully I might get another good 6*, then perhaps I could trade for Di @_@

If you ask me, Anastasia alone is more than enough to trade for Diana. If anything, it probably should be Diana + some TE to trade for Anastasia.

Just comparing their stats, Anastasia's 55k higher, have cheaper deploy cost (20 vs 30), and the slow skill. Diana's A speed is nice, but depends on how fast she actually is I guess it'll be a big factor in determining her worth. Although I do admit that I really like her artwork and sprite Very Happy
Back to top Go down
snappycow
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Fires of the Apocalypse 2 [Nov 12 - Nov 19]   Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:21 pm

aszutai wrote:
snappycow wrote:

If you ask me, Anastasia alone is more than enough to trade for Diana. If anything, it probably should be Diana + some TE to trade for Anastasia.

Just comparing their stats, Anastasia's 55k higher, have cheaper deploy cost (20 vs 30), and the slow skill. Diana's A speed is nice, but depends on how fast she actually is I guess it'll be a big factor in determining her worth. Although I do admit that I really like her artwork and sprite Very Happy

Hopefully that will be the case, but I think Diana's rarity will be a factor in making her price higher than other 6* of the same level. In the JP ver, only the top 10 got it, so for us maybe the top 20-30? :/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
memphiskite
Battalion General [LEGENDARY]

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Fires of the Apocalypse 2 [Nov 12 - Nov 19]   Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:45 pm

I believe it'll just be the same as the last FoA - only the top ten will earn Diana to their party.

Only this time, 40 of the top 50 players will now get a 5* Arrebol, so more players should be willing to join for a high rank when the event begins.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.memphiskite.deviantart.com
snappycow
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Fires of the Apocalypse 2 [Nov 12 - Nov 19]   Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:55 pm

I get that Arrebol has a freaking Gatling, and has high attack and range, but I didn't join Fanta for the old half-naked men :/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
memphiskite

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Fires of the Apocalypse 2 [Nov 12 - Nov 19]   Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:57 pm

There were half-naked men...?

I'm sorry. My eyes only paid attention to the many female units available.... @ u @
Back to top Go down
snappycow
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Fires of the Apocalypse 2 [Nov 12 - Nov 19]   Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:07 pm

BEHOLD ARREBOL

Back to top Go down
View user profile
blive4000

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Fires of the Apocalypse 2 [Nov 12 - Nov 19]   Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:14 pm

hate to beat the maintence time to death but is it tonight 2am (which would be monday) or tomorrow 2am? think japan is half a day back which means 2am on tuesday is their monday?

sorry i know its been asked alot ive just been confused on times ever since the last event and its patches.

also, when does that dark elf pack come out that i thought was supposed to be released the 5th? after this event?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aszutai
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Edited For a Sec   Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:17 pm

2am tonight Wink
Back to top Go down
memphiskite

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Fires of the Apocalypse 2 [Nov 12 - Nov 19]   Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:29 pm

snappycow wrote:
BEHOLD ARREBOL

I still see pants... Razz
Back to top Go down
Cam
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Fires of the Apocalypse 2 [Nov 12 - Nov 19]   Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:43 am

blive4000 wrote:
hate to beat the maintence time to death but is it tonight 2am (which would be monday) or tomorrow 2am? think japan is half a day back which means 2am on tuesday is their monday?

sorry i know its been asked alot ive just been confused on times ever since the last event and its patches.

also, when does that dark elf pack come out that i thought was supposed to be released the 5th? after this event?

Fantasica goes by PST, and the maintenance will be this Monday at 2am PST. So servers go offline in ~3 hours and 17 minutes from the posting of this reply. =]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Evageek
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Fires of the Apocalypse 2 [Nov 12 - Nov 19]   Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:55 am

blive4000 wrote:

The Dark elf/Demon tower was a lie. They screwed up their own announcements.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jose.arias.7712
snappycow
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Fires of the Apocalypse 2 [Nov 12 - Nov 19]   Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:30 am

-dupe

Last edited by snappycow on Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
snappycow
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Fires of the Apocalypse 2 [Nov 12 - Nov 19]   Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:36 am

memphiskite wrote:
snappycow wrote:
BEHOLD ARREBOL

I still see pants... Razz

Yes, I guess that is something to be grateful for.

Still... Brawny geezer exposing half his top = do not wants.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mslbm
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Fires of the Apocalypse 2 [Nov 12 - Nov 19]   Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:18 am

snappycow wrote:
BEHOLD ARREBOL

Wish I could get one of this without spending money
Hahaha
Impossible
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aszutai
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Fires of the Apocalypse 2 [Nov 12 - Nov 19]   Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:29 am

mslbm wrote:
snappycow wrote:
BEHOLD ARREBOL

Hahaha
Impossible

25-3 quest once every 5 minutes for 18 hours a day (6 hours of sleep) for 7 days ~ 1,371,384 points Razz

Assuming of course it gives out 907 points per run like last event.
Back to top Go down
tsunonlau
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Fires of the Apocalypse 2 [Nov 12 - Nov 19]   Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:56 am

aszutai wrote:
mslbm wrote:
snappycow wrote:
BEHOLD ARREBOL

Hahaha
Impossible

25-3 quest once every 5 minutes for 18 hours a day (6 hours of sleep) for 7 days ~ 1,371,384 points Razz

Assuming of course it gives out 907 points per run like last event.

What prize will u earn with that score
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aszutai
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Fires of the Apocalypse 2 [Nov 12 - Nov 19]   Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:32 am

Good question, we'll find out soon enough. Read through last event, the 10th ranked player had around 7.7 million BT. So yea, pretty sure that's not gonna get you a 6*. Arrebol though, should be possible?
Back to top Go down
memphiskite

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Fires of the Apocalypse 2 [Nov 12 - Nov 19]   Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:42 am

aszutai wrote:
Good question, we'll find out soon enough. Read through last event, the 10th ranked player had around 7.7 million BT. So yea, pretty sure that's not gonna get you a 6*. Arrebol though, should be possible?

Getting a top 10 spot on the leaderboard requires a lot of TE (or pots if it's that training event like the Halloween event) and even the backing of a lot of real life money.

So, considering that most of the TE is being hoarded by the rich players, if the number of them is quite low, it is quite possible to get a top 50 spot among the middle class with more 'sensibility'...

But as aszutai mentions, if you plan to do it without any TE and Blaze Tickets to give yourself an edge over others, pure dedication to the game 24/7 is the only way to get to the rank you want.
Back to top Go down
sharpyzu
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Fires of the Apocalypse 2 [Nov 12 - Nov 19]   Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:45 am

no. I tried that for a while, and it doesn't work. Without 6*s and 6* allies, its impossible to even break top 200 even if you play 24 hours straight in the first day.

I ended at around 300 at best. non-stop playing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aszutai
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Fires of the Apocalypse 2 [Nov 12 - Nov 19]   Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:06 am

sharpyzu wrote:
no. I tried that for a while, and it doesn't work. Without 6*s and 6* allies, its impossible to even break top 200 even if you play 24 hours straight in the first day.

I ended at around 300 at best. non-stop playing.

The assumption of this is trying to get yourself a 6*, so it's safe to assume that you wouldn't have a 6*. But getting 6* allies should be possible. I have one myself, he/she's not on as often as I like, but hell people's got life to live. If you ask around the forums, shouldn't be too difficult to secure more strong allies.

So that's out of the way, second issue, it's not difficult to believe that it's impossible to break through Top 200 without burning some TE. But TE =/= spending money. Even as a new player, I've earned about 70-80TE during Key of Goetia. Of course I spent those to get myself a 5*. But if you have a decent team already, and can afford to stash away the TE and stockpile them for a period of time. You should have enough to burn through a event to place yourself in one of the higher ranking spots. It will take a lot of planning, time and dedication though. Is it worth it? Well you tell me. As for me, I think it's easier to just throw a bit of cash at the game if there's a rank reward that I really, really want. Have a job and pretty sure a week worth of my time is worth more than a 5* in the rank rewards Neutral

Personally I play this game and enjoy it for a lot of reasons, getting top rank every event is not one of them. And honestly trying to be in the top 10 ranks every event will be more work than play, not to mention most of us don't have that kind of money to burn Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
snappycow
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Fires of the Apocalypse 2 [Nov 12 - Nov 19]   Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:17 am

I think TE hoarding won't help much in this event.

What gives the most BT points will be the Blaze quests. Which requires Blaze Tickets. Which you can only get from buying them Premium boxes.

Which means only the 'top' players whose credit cards seem to have no limit will top the leaderboards again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
memphiskite

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Fires of the Apocalypse 2 [Nov 12 - Nov 19]   Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:25 am

TE helped me secure my rank because it eliminates the cooldown period everyone deals with after a quest.

So, if a person were to wait for a 10min cooldown before doing another Blaze Quest, I can burn 6-8TE redoing the same quest they did, increasing my BT earnings by sevenfold, and easily gaining higher ranks by 8-10 places (if I were ranked 400-600)

Of course, it's also a matter of knowing when to use it too.

Mind games can also be a factor to your strategies in that do you want your competitors to know how much TE/tickets you have in storage and when you'll use it, or you wanna push them further by burning your stockpile completely, forcing them to play their hand.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Fires of the Apocalypse 2 [Nov 12 - Nov 19]   Today at 3:10 pm

Back to top Go down

[EVENT] The Fires of the Apocalypse 2 [Nov 12 - Nov 19]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next