HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

[EVENT] Nightmares Recruitment [Nov 8 - Nov 12]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
ElysianField
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: [EVENT] Nightmares Recruitment [Nov 8 - Nov 12]    Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:26 am

Summary
During Recruitment events, you are able to use soul stones (which come in large and small forms) to make various monster units into usable hero units. Large soulstones (LSS) are often awarded as prizes for events, and also typically come as a bonus with boxes during the recruitment event. Small soulstones (SSS) can be found in chests during training. Both types can be traded, but be aware that within trades it doesn't tell you which type is being traded, so make sure you know which is which (LSS are lighter in color)!

How many SS it takes to recruit a monster differs depending on 1) the monster's rarity (higher rarity = more difficult), 2) the monster's level (higher level gives a slight discount to number of SS used), 3) type of SS used (LSS are worth about ~30 SSS, so it takes less of those to recruit). When a monster is recruited, it turns into a level 1 unit, regardless of what level the monster was before.

When recruiting, Mina will tell you what she thinks the success rate will be. There are different phrases she will use to indicate success chance. Be aware that even the highest possible success rate is not 100%. You can still fail even if Mina is telling you that recruitment is very likely to succeed! In the event that you fail, you will lose the luna and SS used, but keep the monster card.

Mina's Messages (Percentages are guesswork.)
I have little faith your offering will be successful. — 0 to 9%
Hmm, improbable, but not impossible. — 10% to 24%
Well, we can always hope for the best. — 25% to 39%
Who knows? Your guess is as good as mine! — 40% to 59%
I have a good feeling about this. — 60% to 79%
I think our odds for success are extremely high. — 80% to 100%

5* Success Rate (Guesswork formula, by gtmeteor)
=round(( 4*SSL + 0.1*SSS) * (1 + LVL/300))

6* Success Rate
not sure.

Help us out!
If you're recruiting units, feel free to post the following information:
1) which monster
2) what level it was
3) how many SS you used
4) what was Mina's message
5) whether you failed or succeeded!

Last edited by clocksprocket on Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:10 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Correct date in title)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mslbm
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Nightmares Recruitment [Nov 8 - Nov 12]    Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:53 am

I think the date was wrong should be Nov 5 until Nov 12?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ElysianField
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Nightmares Recruitment [Nov 8 - Nov 12]    Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:25 am

fixed date Razz

☆☆

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Nightmares Recruitment [Nov 8 - Nov 12]    Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:36 pm

I take it this isn't the first recruitment event they've had, yes? Any idea how the previous events worked?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cam
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Nightmares Recruitment [Nov 8 - Nov 12]    Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:52 pm

Sethala wrote:
I take it this isn't the first recruitment event they've had, yes? Any idea how the previous events worked?

The only other Recruitment Event I've participated in was the Black Dragon Rec. : Read Thread

How it works is you use Large and Small Stones to 'pay' for a chance of turning a monster into a deployable unit. Large stones can only be bought in boxes or traded with other players, small stones can be found in training. The amount of stones you use determines the probability of success: See Calculator
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tsunonlau
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Nightmares Recruitment [Nov 8 - Nov 12]    Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:41 am

Cam wrote:
Sethala wrote:

The only other Recruitment Event I've participated in was the Black Dragon Rec. : Read Thread

How it works is you use Large and Small Stones to 'pay' for a chance of turning a monster into a deployable unit. Large stones can only be bought in boxes or traded with other players, small stones can be found in training. The amount of stones you use determines the probability of success: See Calculator

Was it a typo that 4* has a lower convert success rate than 5* on the spreadsheet?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cam
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Nightmares Recruitment [Nov 8 - Nov 12]    Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:59 am

tsunonlau wrote:
Cam wrote:
Sethala wrote:

Was it a typo that 4* has a lower convert success rate than 5* on the spreadsheet?

Yeah it seems to be messed up? [Sorry, didn't check before I linked it.]

Using these amounts of Small Stones [SSS] on a Lv1 5* gives the following messages:
0-94: I have little faith that your offer will be successful
94-244: Hmm, improbable, but not impossible
245-393: Well, we can always hope for the best
394-592: Who knows? Your guess is as good as mine!
593-788: I have a good feeling about this
789+: I think our odds for success are extremely high

I don't remember the probabilities but you can get a good estimate with this.^
Recruiting a 4* is significantly easier, where anything over 100 SSS is a high chance of success. Also, leveling up your monster helps with recruiting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sethala
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Nightmares Recruitment [Nov 8 - Nov 12]    Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:35 pm

Is the monster card consumed when you do this, then?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guntrigger

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Nightmares Recruitment [Nov 8 - Nov 12]    Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:12 pm

Sethala wrote:
Is the monster card consumed when you do this, then?

Yes, the monster card is "consumed"
But in its place, a unit card with the same artwork and name etc is put in its place.

You are, essentially, transforming the monster into a usable unit
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ragnarok

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Nightmares Recruitment [Nov 8 - Nov 12]    Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:23 pm

i can't access on livedoor.jp/fantasica. Are they down or something? Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dcubed08

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Nightmares Recruitment [Nov 8 - Nov 12]    Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:41 pm

is the vampire gonna be convertible?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jant0y

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Nightmares Recruitment [Nov 8 - Nov 12]    Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:50 pm

anyone have the stats for the new recruitable monsters?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loveapplesss

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Nightmares Recruitment [Nov 8 - Nov 12]    Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:55 pm

First time they haven't given us LSS in the event before Recruitment since I've started. Unless there are some in the higher ups of lantern rewards.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AaronIsNerd

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Nightmares Recruitment [Nov 8 - Nov 12]    Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:41 am

Loveapplesss wrote:
First time they haven't given us LSS in the event before Recruitment since I've started. Unless there are some in the higher ups of lantern rewards.

SSL is given for every 10k lanterns you get after you obtained the final reward, which is HALLOWEEN MONICA.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ElysianField
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Nightmares Recruitment [Nov 8 - Nov 12]    Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:47 am

^

you get your first ssl at 110k lanterns

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Nightmares Recruitment [Nov 8 - Nov 12]    Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:24 pm

So only people who have went through enough lanterns will get SSL to start with. So not many people at all.

I'm going to be trying for Sonia again. Here's hoping this time I'm successful. I'm leveling her up to increase my chances per the formula.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xiei

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Nightmares Recruitment [Nov 8 - Nov 12]    Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:36 pm

We actually should be able to find out the terms pretty soon, since their events ends in about 9 hours + X hours of maintenance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tsunonlau
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Nightmares Recruitment [Nov 8 - Nov 12]    Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:38 pm

Xiei wrote:
We actually should be able to find out the terms pretty soon, since their events ends in about 9 hours + X hours of maintenance.

I thought the event ending on Nov7 ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xiei

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Nightmares Recruitment [Nov 8 - Nov 12]    Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:39 pm

tsunonlau wrote:
Xiei wrote:

I was referring to Japan, perhaps I should have actually said that in my post, sorry.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tsunonlau
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Nightmares Recruitment [Nov 8 - Nov 12]    Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:04 pm

Xiei wrote:
tsunonlau wrote:
Xiei wrote:

I was referring to Japan, perhaps I should have actually said that in my post, sorry.

it's cool lol glad to hear that japan ends sooner too
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mct007tc
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Nightmares Recruitment [Nov 8 - Nov 12]    Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:34 pm

Yes and maybe Japan wiki hv the newest stats of the monsters converted into units!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Nightmares Recruitment [Nov 8 - Nov 12]    Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:35 pm

anyone know if the 5* vampire reward for 22k lant will be recruit-able?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blargod
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Nightmares Recruitment [Nov 8 - Nov 12]    Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:45 pm

Ghost_Star wrote:
anyone know if the 5* vampire reward for 22k lant will be recruit-able?
The vampire monster is usually given out as prizes for a lot of events but isn't recruitable (JP wiki also lists it as unrecruitable).

So to answer your question... it's highly unlikely.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
myad
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Nightmares Recruitment [Nov 8 - Nov 12]    Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:33 pm

mslbm wrote:
starts on 5th? does it mean the Nightmare ends on 5th? coz otherwise, it will be overlap -- in the event schedule, nightmare supposed to only end on 7th.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tsunonlau
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Nightmares Recruitment [Nov 8 - Nov 12]    Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:44 pm

myad wrote:
mslbm wrote:
starts on 5th? does it mean the Nightmare ends on 5th? coz otherwise, it will be overlap -- in the event schedule, nightmare supposed to only end on 7th.

He meant to say the Japanese verison ends on the 5th
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Nightmares Recruitment [Nov 8 - Nov 12]    Today at 5:18 pm

Back to top Go down

[EVENT] Nightmares Recruitment [Nov 8 - Nov 12]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 11Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next