HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

Mobage ToS change

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
wilyone

PostSubject: Mobage ToS change   Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:15 pm

I put this in general as this is likely the best place for this. Keep an eye out for any ToS changes for your Mobage games. On Android, Blood Brothers did an update to the ToS over the weekend and if you accepted the ToS, it prevented you from initiating a charge back should your account be suspended/terminated/banned for any reason. Needless to say, I no longer play Blood Brothers on my Android device. I did not notice something forcing me to login into my mobage account to play Fantasica, but if you do, please do not just click the accept button and read the changes. Interestingly, the iOS version did not force you to accept a new ToS.

Just FYI in case we have another spat of suspensions/bannings. Mobage is moving to quasi-legally say that they get to keep your money no matter what.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ElysianField
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Mobage ToS change   Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:40 am

if you spend money And broke rules it would be normal though

PostSubject: Re: Mobage ToS change   Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:00 pm

That is not, to my knowledge, actually tested legal doctrine in the US. It all comes down to what is determined to be enforcable and how much time and money folks are willing to spend on it. I do not recall seeing a binding arbitration clause which is usually accompanies such changes.

To draw a parallel, if your World of Warcraft account is banned due to hacking the game client to trick the server into giving you an advantage and you sue for the money you spent on WoW, Activision/Blizzard will move to have your lawsuit moved to arbitration where they will most likely prevail. They will point to your acceptable of the EULA and the ToS stating that you agree to using arbitration for the disagreement as well as using it as a method to prevent a class action lawsuit.

The difference here is that there is nothing forcing, at least from what I recall being asked to acknowledge receipt of, you into arbitration, alleged rule breaking or not. This was just a cautionary post to make sure folks read any changes before clicking accept should they end up as part of the collateral damage when SS goes on the next banning spree. One of the things mentioned was to go and dispute the charges with your credit card company. Part of the changes that you accepted when you click "I agree" will be used by Mobage to block your charge back attempt. You have to then weigh how much is it worth to you to get your $$ back from SS should you feel that they banned you in error.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mobage ToS change   Today at 9:37 am

Back to top Go down

Mobage ToS change
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1