HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
AuthorMessage
HoundR
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013]   Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:35 am

Added kalebberge55/91928681 and magerage5 (please post ID if someone has it)

Once again people, PLEASE POST EVIDENCE to support your claims. As much as I'd like to list all possible scammers, I can't do it if there's no proof to work with.
If, for some reason, you don't want to/can't post pictures here, send them to me through PM or kik.

----- HoundR's LE Units&Monsters 4*/5*/6* SHOP !!! -----

Trading Center complaints/suggestions/multiple thread or RMT I didn't see/anything else PM me! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dmhlucky
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013]   Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:56 am

Yea, i can't sent pics on here, i can Kik them to you tho.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dmhlucky
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013]   Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:12 pm

http://fantasitrade.com/ActiveTrades/profile?user=Tcade1 
He is now also trying to sell her on Fantasitrade for 1500 TE. Under his Username Tcade1
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yuan
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013]   Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:58 pm

Why the heck would you let a 7* out of your hands without proper compensation? Way too risky! :/
Can you upload the pics of convo/evidence to imgur or something for us? Imgur has a phone app you can use to upload.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dmhlucky
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013]   Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:46 pm

Sorry for the large size, if someone wants to fix it, plz do.
[EDIT] Done, I put them inside a spoiler. -HoundR

Thank you for everyone who has helped so far.

And sorry for the profanity in some of the pics. Not sure how to fix that.
Pictures:

Last edited by HoundR on Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:38 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Large pics)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Belhyde
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013]   Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:55 am

Ah... i think I might saw your post in game earlier.
You are using manfred or something. Surprised
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dmhlucky
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013]   Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:33 pm

Yup, that was me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShiKabuki

PostSubject: Re: Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013]   Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:14 am

Jeez. The scammers are allies with each other.

29138313, 75049585, 83706480 and 67629577.

And why do they always block me Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
snofuzz

PostSubject: Re: Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013]   Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:09 am

I don't get why people still trade without proper collateral.  I'm sorry but you can't do anything about it  but warn others of potential scams  from scammers in the future.  Mobage won't do jack in returning goods. Trade at your own discretion means it is your fault if whatever happens during trading.  Obviously, scammers will use sob stories to make you feel sorry for them.  Once you fall it, it is over.  I doubt you will get your card back.  Most likely they'll auction it off at another site for real money.  And in terms of Real Money, it is much worth selling it for money and get a phone and fanta account with the money earned.  Basically, these scammers are doing a part time job earning their hard earn money from your losses.  I don't know how much these cards are going for but I've heard that the rarity of a 6* from previous events such as Black Dragon Tower can fetch up to at least $1000 US. Which means they can purchase 2 phones with what your 7* would've costs and open 2 accounts with new phones/tablets for more scamming.  Lesson learned, the only thing you can do is warn others, thats it.  If it was me, I make sure to get collateral plus 10 percent albuming fee.  I am that dick, then again I don't have nice cards and i stopped albuming awhile back due to this thread and lots of careless trades.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gremory lover

PostSubject: Re: Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013]   Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:22 am

hi i'm new to this forum and I've heard a lot about jjanker (don't remember ID) is it true about him scamming? if so what did he scam?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gremory lover

PostSubject: Re: Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013]   Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:18 pm

kalebberge is back on trynna rip ppl off sm1 has kik ill send ss
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pimpayon

PostSubject: Re: Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013]   Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:36 pm

Dear Dmhlucky
u hv chat log confirm he's real scammer
why u not try to report moba?
maybe can help u

you'll need to contact Fantasica Support via email at:
fantasica_support@siliconstudio.co.jp
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShiKabuki

PostSubject: Re: Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013]   Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:56 am

Did I miss something? Why do I all of the sudden see ppl saying 67629577 isn't a scammer?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Abyssight
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013]   Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:00 am

ShiKabuki wrote:
Did I miss something? Why do I all of the sudden see ppl saying 67629577 isn't a scammer?
As far as I can tell, rjcabral69 (67629577) did steal Lusoria from pawsp7. The victim bought another Lusoria with his own TE (probably paid to get some of the TE). Then his scammer accusations started flying around. Eventually he agreed to return Lusoria, but the trade ban is in effect. I saw the promise on wall. But it may well be a delay tactic.

There are also some confusions because people are more worked up over 83706480's Ingrid scam and he is that scammer's ally. Some thinks that he is called a scammer because he is allied to one.

He is still a scammer in my book. But people need to come up with more to make the scammer tag stick to him. I still haven't seen any screenshot of his scam. (Admittedly I didn't take any either when I saw the conversation among pawsp7, rjcabral69, and some guy helping pawsp7 on their walls.) It doesn't help that the quoted victim has a Lusoria lead. Whoever sees that would assume the matter is already resolved.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dmhlucky
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013]   Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:31 pm

Ya know what, i was going to PM this back to pimpayon but everyone should hear this as well since we are dealing whit this company.

I emailed Mobage, fanta and Silicon studios.

They all got back to me basically saying there is nothing they can do, and that its "player misoperation" so they cannot support it.

I emailed them back with additional pictures i have of the scammers talking amongst themselves saying how they are selling the cards on Neoseekers for real money. This IS against the terms of the game, and is grounds for banning.

If they come back with the inability to help, i will have a solid case to make against them, for not supporting their own standards.

We will see how they respond..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lionpunisher
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013]   Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:11 pm

Dmhlucky wrote:
Ya know what, i was going to PM this back to pimpayon but everyone should hear this as well since we are dealing whit this company.

They all got back to me basically saying there is nothing they can do, and that its "player misoperation" so they cannot support it.

I emailed them back with additional pictures i have of the scammers talking amongst themselves saying how they are selling the cards on Neoseekers for real money. This IS against the terms of the game, and is grounds for banning.

If they come back with the inability to help, i will have a solid case to make against them, for not supporting their own standards.

I'm so sorry for you buddy, my ally was scammed back then too and there was nothing we can do.
Now that you got them selling stuff for cash, I think it would be check-mate for them. Smile Hope that you prevail in your crusade.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
artizcalli9
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013]   Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:36 pm

gremory lover wrote:
hi i'm new to this forum and I've heard a lot about jjanker (don't remember ID) is it true about him scamming? if so what did he scam?
Yes, he´s  a scammer, the worst kind of scammers, he allies you, get your trust, let you álbum, and then... you borrow him a card, then he unallied you and block you, he scammed a manfred, sold him for 61 TEs in auction, Ill bring more details later, sadly there's no pic, since the owner trusted him... so watch out with this guy...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aubade888
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013]   Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:24 am

Dmhlucky wrote:

One of their policies:

"The Trade system is not in place to support the borrowing and lending of cards. Use it as such at your own peril.
All trades in FANTANSICA are done at your own risk. Any and all outcomes are your own personal responsibility."

There aren't any fanta mods that monitor scamming situations and ban people. They wash their hands of anything by saying that you trade at your own responsibility. Unfortunately this means they will never help. Also (not saying you did so), but earlier in the thread it says that kik conversations aren't accepted as evidence because they can be altered. I think that only conversations that take place on walls count as "hard" evidence, because multiple people can see them.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
thebluebox0

PostSubject: Re: Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013]   Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:02 pm

I have reached the conclusion that fighting scammers in game is a losing battle.   The reason we see so many scammers is because they can get away with it in Fantasica. So, perhaps we are fighting on the wrong front.

Greatest Anime clan is starting an email campaign to encourage Silicon Studio into offering some protection against scamming.
Please see this thread for full details

http://www.fantasicaunofficial.com/t9219-fuss-at-fanta-friday-until-they-stop-scammers#302270
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tattycoram
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013]   Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:32 pm

Yesterday in the game an auction started, spread/advertised at the last minute (not a lot of prior notice) by a low level player and, as it turns out, a known scammer. The auction was being held by a low-level unknown player's account, yet it had a lot of great 6* cards in it including XDebbie, Loki, Harthi, and MANY others.

The auctioneer moved the auction VERY fast, no more than 10 minutes for any one card, no delays, no chit-chat. Unlike other auctions where someone with their hard earned card will wait a bit for the bids to peter out or make a case for why their cards is great, or close the auction after a couple of sales if bids are too low. None of that. This auctioneer just barreled through like he wanted to unload as many cards as possible as fast as possible for whatever he could get. Like all of it was pure profit to him. I bid on the first card myself and when I saw how fast and low it went I thought WTH. Then I looked back at the spreader and found him on my known scammer list.

I wanted to come here and post these screen shots in order to share the auctioneer's ID, the spreader's IDs, and two other players who were aiding the auctioneer.  These other two players, I do not know if they are scammers or not, but they were all actively spreading the auction and two of them (traumatizinq and loltzing) came to my wall multiple times to try to abuse me when I was questioning the legitimacy of the auction. So whether they are scammers themselves or not, they were certainly aiding this auction of very-likely-scammed cards, and they were working actively to try and silence those of us who were trying to let people know that these were likely stolen cards.

First ss - here is the auctioneer Electribyy - and the kinds of notes I was putting on the wall. (I was asking "What is your main account?" and "Why is a known scammer spreading this?" and "Is this auction legit")  By the way electribyy NEVER responded to these questions, never told us his main account.
Spoiler:

Next ss - here is a level 126 Loki that was auctioned. I post this because I know that Loki is very rare, and the level 126 might make it recognizable if it were scammed (I remember a not-yet MLB Loki scammed a while back but can't remember who)  In fact, someone pointed out that most of these great 6* that were being auctioned were not MLB, so we wondered if most of these were stolen through ambrosia scams. IF SOMEONE IS MISSING A LEVEL 126 LOKI PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS THREAD SO THAT WE NOW HAVE ABSOLUTE PROOF (instead of 99.99% lol) THAT THIS AUCTION WAS HELD BY A SCAMMER.
Spoiler:

Next ss - the main spreader of the auction, a known scammer.
Spoiler:

Final screenshots - here are the ID/accounts of two of the low level players who were actively aiding the auction - spreading, sometimes bidding, and, as I said earlier, both of them came over to my wall to try and distract or silence me from letting people know during the auction that this was not legit.  I DO NOT KNOW IF THESE TWO ARE SCAMMERS, THEY MIGHT HAVE BEEN WORKING FOR THE SCAMMER INADVERTENTLY but I can tell you this absolutely - they both tried to harass me for questioning the auction and said things like why be mad at a scammer, weird things like that.
Spoiler:

(Note: There was a third person who was spreading the auction and seemed to be aiding the scammer but didn't verbally attack me, and a fourth person who verbally attacked me later for my badmouthing of traumatizinq, but I will hold back on sharing their IDs since they might have been innocently caught up in something and thought they were just helping an ally or something)

FAQ: Here are a couple of questions that came up during this auction, that people asked me, and the answers:

Q) "How can this auction not be legit if bidders are getting the cards?"
A) The auction is actually happening and people might be getting the cards, but what I am saying is that the cards were likely stolen and we should not buy these cards until the auctioneer tells us what his main account is or who he is selling on behalf of.

Q) "Why shouldn't I bid?" "But it's a good deal!" "But I'm scamming the scammer by taking his cards so low!"
A) Wrong. To the scammer, 100% of the TE you give him is profit. He doesn't care if the card is worth 500 te but he only gets 250te, he has made a 250te profit.  By bidding on this auction you are doing two things: You are raising the price, thereby getting the auctioneer/likely scammer more of a profit than he would otherwise get if you didn't bid, or you are giving your TE, even if it is a "good deal" to a scammer, thus encouraging him to continue scamming.

What ended up happening?  
* The auction continued (he eventually blacklisted me and others so we couldn't write on his auction wall any longer) but I could see that the bids/participation was significantly lower based on our intervention.
* I personally spoke to two people on kik who had been bidding and they stopped bidding when the above arguments were put to them. And I saw people on my and others' walls saying they would not bid out of principle, so I believe we cut into the profits.
* And, I took all these lovely ss and have now shared them with you so you all can block or beware of these people if you so choose.

Perhaps all of us can be a little careful of suspicious looking auctions and if we don't know or the account looks shady (great cards but no ranking, no album numbers, lacking allies, low level, etc) just ask, in a nice way is OK, "who are you /what's your main account" or "who are you selling on behalf of" if we prefer to save our TE to trade with legit players.

I understand some people might do an auction under their alt account (they want to keep their main leader up for their allies for an event, or don't want everyone to know what they've got, or maybe they are even paying a buddy to auction for them) but given that this is a way to unload cards fast for TE and it seems like at least some scammers want to use this method, I think it is only fair if people decide only to participate in auctions that seem legit (people we know of/recognize or have legit looking accounts or whatever your personal criteria is) or that it's OK to ask who is behind it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Belhyde
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013]   Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:08 am

Dont Electribyy and miabear40 are just another id of fantafun?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TruthMaker
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013]   Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:08 am

I think I know the owner of the harthi send for auction. His was scammed by fantafun.Who got it? The person has to return my ally card
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShiKabuki

PostSubject: Re: Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013]   Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:14 am

Yes. It's 1 of Fantafun80 many accounts.

It would be nice if more ppl would read the whole thread and not only the first or the last page :/

Yeah. Fanta is a heaven for scammers. Disgusting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mio25

PostSubject: Re: Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013]   Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:47 pm

My friend has been scammed : he took her Ether 7*...
It's must been his main account because he got Ingrid on lead and he is level 100.
My friend don't want to talk about it because she's so mad at it but i hope that everyone will be caution of him. His username is Ahhe1984 and his ID is 44865227. Just don't do trade or album with him, we don't know if he will not stole ur cards too ^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Belhyde
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013]   Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:45 pm

How to stole card via trade? ._.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013]   Today at 7:27 am

Back to top Go down

Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 19 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next