HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Crowex
ADMIN

PostSubject: Re: Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013]   Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:00 pm

Kik is NOT valid evidence. Names can be changed on it easily.

PLEASE PEOPLE: Learn that Kik is not a reliable source. Use Skype if you really have to.

POPULARITY LIST SEASON TWO, WEEK ONE UNDER WAY!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fantasicaunofficial.com
sagemacleod
Soul Stealer [Retired]

PostSubject: Re: Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013]   Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:49 pm

Kik or Skype doesn't matter I think.
The trade conditions can be made in any IM app, even in the forum's chatroom, but the final trading needs to be done in Fantasica - the name in KiK (Deven) isn't important but the name use in Fantasica (backoffmynutz) is.

In this case....Madgreen implies that Deven (or whoever) uses the username "backoffmynutz" in Fantasica, since it's that username he claims isn't returning his cards?

Obviously, any screenshot can be fake/photoshop.
We as a community should just be aware of claimed scammed, if there are more witnesses, the better.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MrUbiquity
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013]   Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:42 pm

User ID: 52564801 victorfay69
Vlad taken from me in album trade. now he claims it was his brother and refuses to trade back...
Sent a bunch of screenies to customer support, not likely they'll do anything, but a guy can hope...

figured I'd just warn the community.

as an addendum, he fired off one more threat when i told him I was leaving it to customer support..

Back to top Go down
View user profile
snofuzz

PostSubject: Re: Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013]   Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:30 pm

mobage made sure the trades we do are solely our responsibility. It's located on the title screen announcments in paraphrase: We are not responsible, what ever trade you do you should know the risks and any faults become your own responsibility.

The problem with trading is the issue of trust. If it was me I would make sure I establish myself on these forums and leave a strong foundation and impact to everyone here so that in case people need to do a background check on me would know that I am somewhat well known in these forums. I play FFXI online on the side and trust is everywhere, the community frowns on this and you will be well known if you ever scammed anyone. We should rely on these forums to establish a credible foundation and check people's history and background before attempting any sort of trade.

It is a long process of establishing a foundation here if both parties have a reputable background and one was to scam another, it is very easy to isolate the scam-er here on forums and their rights. Then again don't trade in the first place.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]

PostSubject: Re: Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013]   Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:37 pm

That's true, I want to just address a few points:

• We can't exactly look at people's trade histories, etc, so it will always be "hearsay" and things said on people's walls. However, that doesn't mean we can't deduce that a scam took place. As I keep mentioning, people will often quite readily have the scammed unit up as their leader, or taunt the person who was scammed, and so on
  • KiK can be faked -- to a point. I want everyone to be aware of how KiK & usernames work.
    When you sign up for KiK, you choose a username. People can search for you by this name. You also choose a display name, which is typically your first & last name, initials, whatever (for example, mine is set to Anna K). The display name can be changed whenever (if I wanted to, I could make mine C S, or Clock Sprocket, or anything else) but usernames can't be. To see a person's username, if you have a conversation with them, click through on their photo -- it should then show you their display name but also their username. People can try it out in a KiK conversation with me -- if they click through, it should show my username as clocksprocket regardless of what display name I'm using.
  • That said, it's possible for someone to sign up as a fake username, I guess. A lot of fantasica players just use their name (after all, I use clocksprocket) but not everyone does, and it might be possible to pretend to be a user that way. For example, if you're talking to someone whose username is clocksprocket1 or clocks or anything like that, it's not me, so be careful of that. However, even if KiK usernames or chats can be faked, I think most of the time along with in-game wall posts etc they can be admitted as sort-of evidence (however, wall posts should be preferred -- a KiK chat on its own won't tell us anything).
  • Lastly, snofuzz is correct. You can report being scammed all you want, but at the end of the day, you hit confirm on that trade. If you aren't happy being stuck with a 5* for your 6*, then don't do the trade. It's on you.

forum rules | FAQ (ask questions) | find allies | unit list | want a green name?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kanoodle

PostSubject: Re: Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013]   Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:41 am

Just thought I'd post this, since I saw it crop up tonight.

HCGnineBreaker (53408618) scammed SleepyJ420 into doing an album trade for a Lieselotte, using a Witch as collateral. I have more screenshots of the exchange if this isn't enough proof.

(Also SleepyJ420 had the Lieselotte replaced by an ally, in case there's any confusion!)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ATROPEX
Peace Keeper [Retired]

PostSubject: Re: Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013]   Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:18 am

Some drama:

Looks like "alita4334" offered "lesrp" a Sonia in exchange for Serafina, gave Sonia monster instead? lesrp didn't catch it before completing, and tried to re-do the deal.

alita4334

lesrp

I don't have a cap of an agreement for U vs. M, but makes sense enough to me.
Requested one of their allies for a cap.

Posting because I'm frustrated and confused by the argument that "it's not a scam if it's only 1 card"

Last edited by ATROPEX on Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dnonamus
War Hero [Rare]

PostSubject: Re: Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013]   Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:00 pm

UPDATE: Today (11/15) dodad123 agreed to return both Madgreen777's Vampiress and my Anastasia. I agreed to spread the word to allies and friends who were attacking dodad123 to stand down. So, while I would advise all to refrain from dealings with dodad123 I encourage all to stop attacking dodad123 or backoffmynutz. Thank you.

In the case of my now lost Ana.
I got the Ana in my first Mega box purchase during the first Fires event.
I was contacted by dodad123 who requested to album the next day, I asked for email address and real name, believing that removing some of the veil of anonymity would make the person less likely to steal from me. dodad123 gave the name Brittani Clark and said she was from Kansas. I agreed to allow her to album the card, she offered 900 te for collateral (I was naive enough to allow her to album for the minimum trade 1k luna but she offered the te so I accepted). The next message I got from dodad was thanks for the ana, I asked for the return and sent the TE back and the reply was "your an idiot who couldn't keep cards". Many people were witness to the trade (I was still in rare card report) and began asking for dodad to return the cards, they then began attacking etc, this went on for a couple of days. Then Backfmynutz buys the Anastasia from dodad essentially ending any hope that "pressure" from myself and friends would convince dodad123 to return the cards. One thing I felt was suspicious is that dodad123 blacklisted me that same day, and after only an hour or so I was also blacklisted from Nutz, meaning he had a blacklist request submitted before he even knew who I was. I send numerous emails to Mobage and silicon requesting dodad be banned, Silicon says they cannot help me, mobage says they are looking in to the problem. My assumption is that Mobage will see all of the uproar (the entire thing was very high vis.) and ban dodad123 & I essentially forgot about the issue. fast forward a month and I see on an ally's wall that Madgreen777 had been scammed by nutz. This causes me to suspect that Nutz and dodad are two profiles of the same person. So, I contact Madgreen777 and tell him of my suspicion. Everything that follows I was told by him. A trace was done on nutz & dodad's emails (he got dodad's email address from my blog) and both email addresses were traced to the same IP, one, belonged to a Devin Gentry, matching the name nutz was using in kik. Madgreen had found Gentry's facebook as well and found that Brittani Clark is actually an amalgam of two of Devin Gentry's friends. Apparently the evidence of all of this is irrefutable. All evidence was forwarded to Mobage and Silicon who has thus far done nothing. Now I had chalked this whole incident up as a loss, however Madgreen apparently has the know how and resources to dig deeper and has been keeping me abreast of his progress on the matter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.FantasicaHelp.com
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013]   Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:37 pm

You should write a book about this ^^ Seriously it was interesting. I feel for your lost Ana, and I hope mobage and/or SS does something about it. IDC what descisions you made, for a game that charges 30 dollars for a pack, you would think SS would have a LOT of extra funds to put into getting rid of nefarious players.

Wanna Know What I Do In My Free Time? Click here

Back to top Go down
View user profile
SnozzBerry

PostSubject: Re: Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013]   Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:14 am

51227612 / Sapran; album stole a Vlad from liberty2704, Dorothea from carliefoxface

carliefoxface personally bragged to me about how she made it up. i will not post screenshots, i personally dont want any hint to who i am to her.

also he did have doro as lead before she was "scammed"

having said that i am not picking saprans side, just merely pointing out the truth in one statement

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkulax

PostSubject: Re: Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013]   Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:21 am

Hello mr. Admin,

please warn others for popular Scammer MKtay ID 47320951, please make sure he cant trade with others anymore,

Wendylovex and others aware about his scamming, when he tried to scam them with my cards he stole.. thank you...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gornix

PostSubject: Re: Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013]   Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:02 am

I witnessed a little bit of the Mktay conversation after being warned by an ally... (not set up 4 screen shots - sorry)

The most interesting part to me was Dodad123 imploring Mktay to "just return the card dude" because "it just isn't worth it" "trust me"

I hope this has a happy ending.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
victorfay69

PostSubject: Victorfay69    Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:58 pm

This is victors brother Daniel Mr.ur did not want to album I asked him
If he wanted to trade for my little brothers
Maxed Petra and hmonica he agreed
The trade was done
Then he started to harass my little brother
So no victorfay69 is not a scammer and
He has witness prof that he's not he
Even lets his allies borrow his cards
Victor is a nice kid so pleas leave him alone
Thank you
Daniel
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RoyalGargoyle
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013]   Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:43 am

people just found out about a scammer I can't take screenshots the scammer is -aN00BUS- ID 51512065 person who got scammed is deceptcreep 50449265 you can also ask his friends jpzchaos14 id 19011814 and ivyjordison 34032944 or others about it those profiles are full on info.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RoyalGargoyle
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013]   Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:41 am

I got some info from ivyjordison:

his friend sent his units to anoobus while he was changing account but anoobus doesn't give the cards back and sent them to another player instead. I asked the name of the other person and thats princessreborn.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RoyalGargoyle
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013]   Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:08 am

I'm here again to make it even worse Ivy also said:

Anoobus was a loyal player till the scam deceptcreep had been playing with anoobus for 4 months and they always did album trades together.

So people DONT do album trades! It's not worth the risk!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SeraphShaun

PostSubject: Re: Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013]   Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:27 pm

ironmonkey77 (52359622) took nborja11912 (50782161)'s Ignat through trade. Nborja wanted it back and people started to confront him for his card but monkey said that his device became unregistered.

I tried to trade Wendy since she said she had that problem, and the trade did not went through as the system said the other party's device wasn't registered.

I tried with ironmonkey and the trade went through. When I confronted him with it, he played dumb and refused to reply me or nborjat.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Requium13

PostSubject: Re: Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013]   Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:18 pm

Larcangel is scamming lowbies for Fiona took everything my ally had for a "5*" maxed Remika maxed Furfur 1 mil Luna and 10 TE, found multiple people he had done this to. Said "I didn't know Fiona was bad" ... "I traded a 5* monster and 30 TE for her"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigMastaB97
Cold Fury [Rare]

PostSubject: Re: Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013]   Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:07 pm

BestAlly8D ID is 58245281 stole SamuraixAmatuer's TE in trade that required to trades for one card I don't have any screenshots because his entire page is just people bashing on him, but apparently he has two account his second ID number is account name is ravenlam1988.

So I guess there is no technical proof unless Samurai himself proves that the scammer took the TE and never sent the card or whatever he was trading for. Hope it helps.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
neary1

PostSubject: Scammer Alert **Ravenlam1988 ID 56696730**   Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:00 pm

Ravenlam1988 asked around on different people's PM to trade her Vampiress for Doro and more. I had a Doro so I offered her my Dorothea (my 1st 6* - who I worked so hard to save tes to trade for 3 days prior), some 5*s, and 99 tes just to see what she would say; and of course she said low. She said she was looking for Doro and 1K in tes. I said I definitely dont have that and thanked her to wished her good luck. She came back later asking which other 5* I had since she kept saying she wanted enough to sell back for tes.....to make the long story short we eventually settled on my lvl 116 Dorothea, maxed 5*s Aleister, Werewof Unit, Sogno, Kyo, Sonia. She asked for some 4*/5* monsters to seal the deal to which I added 5* Antiope and 4* Melanippe. She said she was all mine to hurry up and trade before she changes her mind.

So of course I was all excited/beyond elated, she seemed genuinely happy to see how determined and excited I was to get her Vampiress. I rarely traded with people...I've always just put in the effort and hours doing the events to get ranked high enough to get those 5* cards.

So here is where it all went wrong. Initially the trade started out well. I told her I would have to do multiple trades due to the number of cards. In my excitement and elation I foolishly traded my Doro, Aleister, WWu, Sogno, and Kyo first. She in turn traded 10K luna. No biggie cuz I'm trusting her....she then initiated the trade with her Vampiress. Great! I then started to trade the rest..but noticed that my Sonia was maxed. I apologized and told her I didnt realized and didnt check that Sonia was maxed. So she cancelled. Ughhh.....I then offered another Maxed Sogno to take her place...she agreed. This time I initiated the trade without thinking cuz she initiated the 2nd trade last time...again having my trust in her. She traded back with 10K luna again...and I foolishly accept !! Crying or Very sad She then said go ahead and send Sonia and I'll send you the Vampiress. I thought at that point all my cards were in her hands whats another Sonia. I traded Sonia and NOTHING!!! I was heart brokened!!!...I felt sick... I couldn't believed I got SCAMMED!!! I PM her over and over again... nothing. Then she cancelled my traded.

I was and am upset and feels sick to my stomach!!! I was on the verge of tears... I couldn't believe this was happening to me. The hours and efforts I put into getting these cards were out the doors, just like that.... its my fault for being so trusting. In my excitement all logics went out the doors along with my cards!!

I'm here to vent but to also to let you guys be aware of yet another SCAMMER on the loose... RAVENLAM1988 ID 56696730. I think her 2nd account account is BRANDORAYNER ID 44295009. I told her she took everything I had nothing left.. and a few minutes later I was attacked by BRANDORAYNER ID 44295009. I written on both walls with no response from both.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
neary1

PostSubject: Re: Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013]   Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:02 pm

I have pics as evidence of our conversation but Im new so I cant post any yet!! Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
neary1

PostSubject: Re: Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013]   Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:11 pm

clocksprocket wrote:
Sometimes scams occur. Below is a list of people who have scammed & what they have scammed and how.

But first, PLEASE READ THE HOW TO NOT GET SCAMMED STICKY -- ESPECIALLY THE PART ON ALBUM TRADES. Album trades are the most common way scams occur. Do not album trade any card away without getting collateral that you wouldn't mind keeping in the event a trade goes wrong!

LIST:

• 51721727 / dodad123; album stole Anastasia from dnonamus
  • 56696730 / Ravenlam1988; stole Dorothea + 9 other cards using Vampiress from Neary1
  • 51227612 / Sapran; album stole a Vlad from liberty2704, Dorothea from carliefoxface
  • 47181288 / Pikkolinaa; album stole Saki from Jasonlord
  • 52720617 / Shadowrangerz; album stole Reinhard from xmalietxpnoix, & others
  • 49536461 / ancientstonn; album stole Nina from DarklingJade
  • 53277880 / kristofs2; stole Gremory from oobie88(?)
  • ? / backoffmynutz; album stole Vampiress + more from Madgreen777
  • 52564801 / victorfay69; album stole Vlad from MrUbiquity

Feel free to use this thread as discussion on particular scams. Please post evidence of any new scams so that people may be added to this list. If a scam involves a forum member, they will be investigated.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xzaral
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013]   Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:39 pm

BigMastaB97 wrote:
BestAlly8D ID is 58245281 stole SamuraixAmatuer's TE in trade that required to trades for one card I don't have any screenshots because his entire page is just people bashing on him, but apparently he has two account his second ID number is account name is ravenlam1988.

So I guess there is no technical proof unless Samurai himself proves that the scammer took the TE and never sent the card or whatever he was trading for. Hope it helps.

That sucks, I traded with BestAlly8D before. Thought it was strange, seemed he was trying to scam me at the time wanting 6 items for one card. I took a risk at losing a max 4* (risk vs rewards) and managed a good trade to get a maxed succubus from him. I would've recommended him as a trader before reading this because my only experience with him was a good one.

Now I'm hoping it wasn't a scammed unit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigMastaB97
Cold Fury [Rare]

PostSubject: Re: Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013]   Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:07 pm

Xzaral wrote:
BigMastaB97 wrote:

That sucks, I traded with BestAlly8D before. Thought it was strange, seemed he was trying to scam me at the time wanting 6 items for one card. I took a risk at losing a max 4* (risk vs rewards) and managed a good trade to get a maxed succubus from him. I would've recommended him as a trader before reading this because my only experience with him was a good one.

Now I'm hoping it wasn't a scammed unit.

It's possible that it's a scammed unit but I highly doubt that it is, someone would have written on here or they would have posted it all over the rare card reports and I don't remember seeing anything like that. So I'm sure your good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sagemacleod
Soul Stealer [Retired]

PostSubject: Re: Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013]   Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:12 pm

Victim: n8cofield024 (48583323) - 4* 5* 180te
Scammer: Ravenlam1988 (56696730) - 6* Ana

Scammed my ally in 2 part trade for 4*/5* and 180TEs. (same trick used as the other victim of Ravenlam)
n8 was so excited to trade for a 6* Ana that he sent all his valuables in 1st trade. Obviously, during the 2nd trade, the scammer didn't sent him Ana.

No screens, I'm on Android and can't take screenshots. I was talking about it during/after in the forum's chatroom, so a few other members might be able vouch for me if they went to read the walls.

Last edited by sagemacleod on Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013]   Today at 8:46 pm

Back to top Go down

Beware: Scammers [No Longer Updated][8/29/2013]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 20Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next