HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

Cards' worth based on appearance?!?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Icepay

PostSubject: Cards' worth based on appearance?!?   Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:41 pm

A while ago, my friend got a Heidemarie card. I congratulated him on how lucky he was. A few weeks later, I saw that his card was still at level 1. When I asked him why he didn't level her up, he said he didn't really want to USE her in the game. He just got the card because, and I quote, "She's cute! What other reason do you need?" Yeah, my friend is a pretty shallow person, I guess...

Anyway, what about you guys? Have you (known someone who) worked hard to collect a card solely because of its appearance? Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whizzah

PostSubject: Re: Cards' worth based on appearance?!?   Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:53 pm

Guilty with Sonia...lol so many SSLs. /shame

I do actually use her though. Too bad her sprite is pretty bad.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]

PostSubject: Re: Cards' worth based on appearance?!?   Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:22 pm

Her sprite looks like a cheap hooker. No offense.

I don't do it myself, but there are definitely people who get cards due to looks as opposed to usefulness or whatever. And I myself find some sprites really cute/cool, but I typically aim for good stats.

I wonder how Gremory's value will be affected -- she's a pretty bad 5* and there will be 190 of her, but, well, she's pretty hot.

forum rules | FAQ (ask questions) | find allies | unit list | want a green name?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blargod
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Cards' worth based on appearance?!?   Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:54 pm

Gremory = tit-tease.

That being said, this event is waaaaay more brutal than the Venus colosseum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cam
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Cards' worth based on appearance?!?   Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:31 pm

I don't think I'd ever trade/buy a card solely on appearance. There are cards that I might pay a little more than average for if I really like the art/sprite, but this is for cards I would also use.

I wouldn't say it's shallow to buy solely on appearance though. It's a game and people can play however they want, I don't judge. =]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
smr010

PostSubject: Re: Cards' worth based on appearance?!?   Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:02 pm

I think I'm more attracted to rarity than appearance. If it's rare, cute and useful (cough Heidema-Hack, gasp!), then I'll sure pay a lot more than a common card.

I'm speaking like I have a lot to trade, but since it's not the case, I'll first try to get 5 useful 5*, and only after that, I'll try to get the cards based on rarity/appearance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Evageek
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Cards' worth based on appearance?!?   Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:38 pm

I feel like people can't trade off their Meg because of her appearance.
And her sprite is downright hilarious.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jose.arias.7712
Icepay

PostSubject: Re: Cards' worth based on appearance?!?   Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:03 am

I admit, I searched relentlessly for Laura partly because of her appearance (but hey, she has some pretty good stats, too). Even if I got a cute...erm, nice looking unit such as Laura (ahem), I wouldn't leave her in the metaphorical basement to collect metaphorical dust.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blargod
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Cards' worth based on appearance?!?   Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:20 am

Icepay wrote:
I admit, I searched relentlessly for Laura partly because of her appearance (but hey, she has some pretty good stats, too). Even if I got a cute...erm, nice looking unit such as Laura (ahem), I wouldn't leave her in the metaphorical basement to collect metaphorical dust.

I think it really is more of the fact of her usefulness and her rarity rather than her looks, truth be told. If you look at Aleister, she's inferior in comparison to Laura in almost every aspect (this is assuming that attack speeds are accurate). Low cost, fairly high attack, etc. means that you can potentially use her for tower events, quests, and colosseum events although I notice she tends to be one of the slower ones in the colosseum.

There's also the issue on her conversion as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ruego

PostSubject: Re: Cards' worth based on appearance?!?   Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:21 am

The cards I really like based on appearance are top prices for fires of apocalypse 2 and 3. So it's like saying they're of out of my league. Fencer Diana and Professor Tina
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nocturned
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: Cards' worth based on appearance?!?   Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:41 pm

everything is awesome about heide ( insane dmg 175 range n prolly the best 10 deploy cost unit except for her E speed ofcourse ) Smile but im luvin her lvl 93 atm
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ATROPEX
Peace Keeper [Retired]

PostSubject: Re: Cards' worth based on appearance?!?   Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:03 am

I'm not entirely impressed with Vivienne as a card, but her art is so cute! Would collect for that reason.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
snappycow
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: Cards' worth based on appearance?!?   Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:12 am

I like, and do use, big hair Kiki Very Happy

While the event cards' art is nice and all, I am rather partial to the no-nose art by Hideo Minaba :3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
basiliskeye

PostSubject: Re: Cards' worth based on appearance?!?   Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:39 pm

Evageek wrote:
I feel like people can't trade off their Meg because of her appearance.
And her sprite is downright hilarious.

and you would be right.
Stat wise she is a pretty solid poison unit, but I played hell finding someone that would accept a level 100 meg just so I could get a freaking level 1 Kyo. Nobody wants her!
If Meg was in a little metal bikini standing in one of those "boobs and butt" poses half the girls do I could have probably got all three 5* Princess cards for her.

Kiki is not even as good a unit as Meg; her micro dress sells her by itself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: Cards' worth based on appearance?!?   Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:26 pm

I absolutly hate Meg's sprte. I just cant help but think that the devs must have seen Family Guy for the first time ever and thought "Now how can we Fantasticize this?"

Wanna Know What I Do In My Free Time? Click here

Back to top Go down
View user profile
basiliskeye

PostSubject: Re: Cards' worth based on appearance?!?   Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:11 pm

predator852 wrote:
I absolutly hate Meg's sprte. I just cant help but think that the devs must have seen Family Guy for the first time ever and thought "Now how can we Fantasticize this?"

Wut.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
smr010

PostSubject: Re: Cards' worth based on appearance?!?   Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:30 pm

I actually like Meg. I was trying to buy her as my first 5*, but had to buy a princess because of the event...

And the way Meg attacks still make me laugh from time to time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
snappycow
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: Cards' worth based on appearance?!?   Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:18 am

basiliskeye wrote:

Stat wise she is a pretty solid poison unit, but I played hell finding someone that would accept a level 100 meg just so I could get a freaking level 1 Kyo. Nobody wants her!

Kiki is not even as good a unit as Meg; her micro dress sells her by itself.

hmm. a pity i didn't manage to find you before i traded off my kyo lol, i actually wanted a max Meg :/

but for me Kiki has to be the broomstick missiles and big hair XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
the3ptsling

PostSubject: Re: Cards' worth based on appearance?!?   Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:19 am

Screw cuteness,I like my cards to look like bad asses!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
conductings

PostSubject: Re: Cards' worth based on appearance?!?   Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:06 am

I personally like a little bit of both - how a card looks and what the stats are.

Let me give an example: Paige from the Witch Series. Her stats are decent for a 4* but that art is, in my opinion, some of the worst the Fantastica art team has put out. Her face is a disaster drawing wise and her pose leads more to be desired. Her sprite isn't exactly all that great either. But I'm still more likely to use her because she has decent stats and Knockback is a big plus.

Then there is Benedetta, the Monster turned Unit from the Dragon Tower event. Bene has the WORST stats for a 4* quite frankly. Her land attack doesn't even reach up to 10,000 -- she's practically a high tier 2* card! Not to mention her special skill is Attack Boost for Male Units, which is nigh useless to me because I don't have many male units (mostly because fantastica doesn't like releasing many male units these days *COUGHCOUGH*) I may sell her if I can find a buyer (Tulia and Luce are way more popular) but for the most part I'm not going to use her. But she sure looks pretty at least.

I say do whatever you like at the end of the day. My opinion is, looking at designs from 1* to 6*, is that Fantastica team reserves their best designs for the rarest cards to make them more desirable. The 1* cards have very basic designs, 2* and 3* it gets better, 4* has interesting designs, 5* raises that up a little, but the 6* cards are incredibly flashy looking and generally have very nice art work to boot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
steakjuice

PostSubject: Re: Cards' worth based on appearance?!?   Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:16 am

I like Abel less after seeing her sprite, but that doesn't make her any less costly to acquire.

I've seen some really great sprites fighting the AI in the KoG event, but they are always 5 or 6 star units.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blargod
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Cards' worth based on appearance?!?   Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:25 am

steakjuice wrote:
I like Abel less after seeing her sprite, but that doesn't make her any less costly to acquire.

I've seen some really great sprites fighting the AI in the KoG event, but they are always 5 or 6 star units.

Abel is a guy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tzerherman
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: Cards' worth based on appearance?!?   Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:31 am

steakjuice wrote:

dat man boobs
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icepay

PostSubject: Re: Cards' worth based on appearance?!?   Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:32 pm

I nearly fell out of my chair laughing when I read the last three replies!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lolli
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Cards' worth based on appearance?!?   Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:09 pm

Really enjoyed this thread, thanks guys.

Yeah well. I caved to a Sheryl with no skill instead of being a good girl and saving another 50 te or so for a Joa. :/

Love both the art and sprite!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cards' worth based on appearance?!?   Today at 10:58 am

Back to top Go down

Cards' worth based on appearance?!?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next