HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 
 

 I don't get how the prices is priced.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
xiaoyc



Join date : 2012-10-15
Posts : 5

PostSubject: I don't get how the prices is priced.   Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:49 pm

I got a 3* and a 4* princess for 300k luna, i want to know why someone is buying one 4* for 4TE?! Also there are people buying TEs at 150k (me), but others are buying them at 70k?! Why cheat new players?!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blargod
☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-09-29
Posts : 592

PostSubject: Re: I don't get how the prices is priced.   Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:05 pm

Lack of a auction house or trading forum and the difficulty of finding people in game makes it hard for players to keep prices in check...

To tell you the truth, I think Fantasica has the worst trading system in any game I have seen so far to date. That and the chat system...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
memphiskite
Battalion General [LEGENDARY]


Join date : 2012-09-15
Posts : 1751

PostSubject: Re: I don't get how the prices is priced.   Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:13 pm

Best way to stay in the game is to keep your eyes open and search more than 12 places for the best deals. There will always players who wish to scam as much as they can from new players, but there are also those who wish to help out those you need help or are deserving for it.

If you want to stay aware of the average prices, the Trading Center in the forums is a good place to navigate through as many of their prices are quite average seeing as they try to compete with other people's prices.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.memphiskite.deviantart.com
ic0n



Join date : 2012-10-01
Posts : 83

PostSubject: Re: I don't get how the prices is priced.   Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:31 am

Just like real life, good consumption takes advantages resourcing and research. You can buy a blu-ray at Target for $30 but $25 at wal-mart.

this is merchant trading.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dnonamus
War Hero [Rare]


Join date : 2012-10-10
Posts : 89

PostSubject: Re: I don't get how the prices is priced.   Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:17 am

I've been playing maybe 6 weeks and prices (for TE) have gone from 50K to the 150k you mentioned and for no good reason. People are still selling potion for 40k and they sell for the same price as TE in the store. The only people using the thousands of TE that are being charged for higher ranked cards are the high tier players who place in the top 10 every event. So, what reason is there for the rest of us to pay those prices anyway? I always make offers for less than I'm willing to pay and negotiate from there. I also (sometimes) over pay for cards I want or need when I'm having trouble finding them for their (randomly decided upon by the games "experts") standard prices. I'm pretty sure others who are playing do to. Who cares?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.FantasicaHelp.com
dnonamus
War Hero [Rare]


Join date : 2012-10-10
Posts : 89

PostSubject: Re: I don't get how the prices is priced.   Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:18 am

ic0n wrote:
Just like real life, good consumption takes advantages resourcing and research. You can buy a blu-ray at Target for $30 but $25 at wal-mart.

this is merchant trading.

Exactly
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.FantasicaHelp.com
ElysianField
☆☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-09-23
Posts : 1919

PostSubject: Re: I don't get how the prices is priced.   Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:45 am

It also depends on how much the buyer and seller thinks it's worth

That's why people Negotiate

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wwwCat



Join date : 2012-10-09
Posts : 52

PostSubject: Re: I don't get how the prices is priced.   Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:07 am

Some ppl value the princesses for te for 2 reosons 1 is it takes 5$ to buy a event pack 2 they give boost in event
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brokenchicken
☆☆


Join date : 2012-09-04
Posts : 176

PostSubject: Re: I don't get how the prices is priced.   Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:58 am

dnonamus wrote:
I've been playing maybe 6 weeks and prices (for TE) have gone from 50K to the 150k you mentioned and for no good reason. People are still selling potion for 40k and they sell for the same price as TE in the store. The only people using the thousands of TE that are being charged for higher ranked cards are the high tier players who place in the top 10 every event. So, what reason is there for the rest of us to pay those prices anyway?

Actually, there are some good reasons for that.

1) The supply has dropped.

Before gift/login bonus TEs became untradable TE(P)s, there were people who used many spare accounts to farm TEs and send them to their main. That no longer works, so there are many fewer new TEs entering the game world.

As for the ones that do exist? As noted, top players are burning through them by the hundreds in each new event, further reducing the supply.

They can still enter the game via cash, of course, but that quickly enters the realm of ludicrous expenditure.

2) The demand has gone up.

Average players aren't burning TEs in pursuit of top 10 event placements, but people outside the top 10 still need them.

First and foremost, they have supplanted luna as the game's "real" currency. Luna is capped at 10 million, and many high-end cards are valued at many times more than that. How to get around this? An arbitrary high-value item that's stackable became the new unit, much as SoJs and runes did in Diablo 2.

So people with 5*s and 6*s now want TEs instead of luna in trades. This means that buying even a sub-10M 5* unit with luna is more difficult by the day, because the receiver doesn't want the hassle of spamming the boards looking for someone who'll sell TEs for luna.

On the flip side, there are a lot of decent-to-quite-good 5*s that have fallen into the double-digit TE range, due to either lack of demand, perceived overpopulation or both. That means that even a casual player who's savvy can rack up several dozen TEs and have a shot at a 5*, so lots of people who don't care about event placement are hoarding them.

3) Tulip Mania.

Since their value is high, people are looking to acquire TEs en masse. Since the demand for TEs is soaring, the price goes up. Since the price is going up, people are looking to buy them sooner rather than later. Since the demand is increasing...

At some point, an equilibrium may be reached where TE prices will settle down. This is not that day.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
dnonamus
War Hero [Rare]


Join date : 2012-10-10
Posts : 89

PostSubject: Re: I don't get how the prices is priced.   Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:53 am

brokenchicken wrote:
dnonamus wrote:
I've been playing maybe 6 weeks and prices (for TE) have gone from 50K to the 150k you mentioned and for no good reason. People are still selling potion for 40k and they sell for the same price as TE in the store. The only people using the thousands of TE that are being charged for higher ranked cards are the high tier players who place in the top 10 every event. So, what reason is there for the rest of us to pay those prices anyway?

Actually, there are some good reasons for that.

1) The supply has dropped.

Before gift/login bonus TEs became untradable TE(P)s, there were people who used many spare accounts to farm TEs and send them to their main. That no longer works, so there are many fewer new TEs entering the game world.

As for the ones that do exist? As noted, top players are burning through them by the hundreds in each new event, further reducing the supply.

They can still enter the game via cash, of course, but that quickly enters the realm of ludicrous expenditure.

2) The demand has gone up.

Average players aren't burning TEs in pursuit of top 10 event placements, but people outside the top 10 still need them.

First and foremost, they have supplanted luna as the game's "real" currency. Luna is capped at 10 million, and many high-end cards are valued at many times more than that. How to get around this? An arbitrary high-value item that's stackable became the new unit, much as SoJs and runes did in Diablo 2.

So people with 5*s and 6*s now want TEs instead of luna in trades. This means that buying even a sub-10M 5* unit with luna is more difficult by the day, because the receiver doesn't want the hassle of spamming the boards looking for someone who'll sell TEs for luna.

On the flip side, there are a lot of decent-to-quite-good 5*s that have fallen into the double-digit TE range, due to either lack of demand, perceived overpopulation or both. That means that even a casual player who's savvy can rack up several dozen TEs and have a shot at a 5*, so lots of people who don't care about event placement are hoarding them.

3) Tulip Mania.

Since their value is high, people are looking to acquire TEs en masse. Since the demand for TEs is soaring, the price goes up. Since the price is going up, people are looking to buy them sooner rather than later. Since the demand is increasing...

At some point, an equilibrium may be reached where TE prices will settle down. This is not that day.


I totally agree, but the two main reasons in my opinion are the big players burning through them and therefore trading for more of them to fuel their needs.

The second reason is that luna has no real in game use. If the game developers would make luna useful as I have suggested here (Link) Then the prices would stabilize.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.FantasicaHelp.com
Blargod
☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-09-29
Posts : 592

PostSubject: Re: I don't get how the prices is priced.   Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:03 pm

Luna and skill points... What to do with them... In RoB, guilds/orders also burned through rupies by purchasing guild upgrades but that can only go so far as well.

When I first started this game, I thought Fantasica had a better gold sink that RoB due to the skill points. When you max all the skills out, you earn luna so quickly that it's not even funny.

At the bright side, an influx of new players may sustain the value of luna although that can only go so far.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ElysianField
☆☆☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2012-09-23
Posts : 1919

PostSubject: Re: I don't get how the prices is priced.   Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:43 pm

enchanting still needs luna so that will never go.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hsrodrigues



Join date : 2012-10-20
Posts : 29

PostSubject: Re: I don't get how the prices is priced.   Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:50 pm

The truth is... Luna has almost no use on this game. Even enhancing when doing with the right units will consume very few of Luna.

There would be a cap if TE´s or Pots could be bought with luna. Something like 500k 1 TE or potion at market. This way, price would be stabilized and luna´s value would rise.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aquCHAOS
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]


Join date : 2012-10-03
Posts : 504

PostSubject: Re: I don't get how the prices is priced.   Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:25 am

First, there are two kinds of people in the game:

1. Real money player

2. Free player

For the first one, they use $ to buy cards, so they have less demand on TE. Instead, they need lots of luna to level up their cards. For them, luna > TE.

For the second one, they need good cards, and good cards are only sold by TE. So they need lots of TE. For them, TE > luna.

This causes the unstable balance between TE and luna.

In old days, 1 TE more or less values as 50-70K. So for a 4* unit, it could be sold at 200-300K or at 4TE. Since TE(p) is separated from normal TE, the price of the TE is increased a little bit. I think now for cards, 1TE = 70-80K. This equation is only for cards.

For people who buying TE, they have another problem, that the supply is unable to meed the demand, as most people only willing to trade their TE with cards. So people increase their price of TE to get the priority to deal. I yelled buying TE 150K each for months, but never had anyone contact me to sell their TE.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Evageek
☆☆


Join date : 2012-09-26
Posts : 166

PostSubject: Re: I don't get how the prices is priced.   Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:37 pm

Making TE(P) and Potion(P) was a bad idea to me.
I've been buying TE for 300k and got 5 so far. It's hard to get people to sell their hard-earned TE.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jose.arias.7712
Xzaral
☆☆


Join date : 2012-09-29
Posts : 224

PostSubject: Re: I don't get how the prices is priced.   Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:40 pm

Honestly, I'd prefer to see all TE becone (p). Having it become an established source of currency seems outside the game design. Just my opinion though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: I don't get how the prices is priced.   Today at 5:47 am

Back to top Go down
 
I don't get how the prices is priced.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Pottery prices
» GAS PRICES!!!!!!!!!
» Jim Drummond prices realised thread.....
» Are Bonsai Prices Negotiable?
» A few Crown Lynn prices from the past....

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Fantasica :: Game Discussion-
Jump to: