HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Spacebug
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:02 am

Well, 30 BP potions is the equivalent of 25 hours of natural BP recharge, which is a lot of Union pts or Top 20 rankings in the Battle area. Unless you really want/need that card, I'd also not pay that price.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roanmarvel
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:36 pm

Belphegor606 wrote:
the AP/BP restriction kinda killed the item trading market for 4* and up

seeing lots of 5* sold at minimum AP/BP and still on for days

I'm mostly trading card for card now

The problem is more that no one can afford those prices unless they're spending money in which case they're swimming in 4* cards and probably pulled enough 5* to just trade 1-1 with what they want.

I've been playing quite a bit as a free player for the past month (full 5* team now, already got Cery +2, ect) and I only have 20-odd BP pots and 10-ish AP pots. So I'm only able to use the Bazaar for 1-1 trades.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Belphegor606

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:30 pm

Roanmarvel wrote:
Belphegor606 wrote:

The problem is more that no one can afford those prices unless they're spending money in which case they're swimming in 4* cards and probably pulled enough 5* to just trade 1-1 with what they want.

I've been playing quite a bit as a free player for the past month (full 5* team now, already got Cery +2, ect) and I only have 20-odd BP pots and 10-ish AP pots.  So I'm only able to use the Bazaar for 1-1 trades.

Yeah that's pretty much the problem with bazaar now

and I wish they add a feature to search auction by the card / item the auctioner desired

that way I can search where to unload my excess card lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aikendoe
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:01 am

Belphegor606 wrote:
Roanmarvel wrote:
Belphegor606 wrote:

I've been playing quite a bit as a free player for the past month (full 5* team now, already got Cery +2, ect) and I only have 20-odd BP pots and 10-ish AP pots.  So I'm only able to use the Bazaar for 1-1 trades.

Yeah that's pretty much the problem with bazaar now

and I wish they add a feature to search auction by the card / item the auctioner desired

that way I can search where to unload my excess card lol

I'd kill for this feature.
Also would like to see real auctions where highest bidder wins.
Maybe in the future...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:06 am

ok peoples, I'm gona make the switch, any fairly hardcore unions have room for me? Ghost_Star / 7wh4kn
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Marduk

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:11 am

Guys, I'm buying Ishtaria units with Fanta units/pure. Line me at 112034611 if interested.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lucentSwallowtail
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:46 am

Awww, our Union is full. Otherwise, it'd be great to have you. Followed you anyway. =) (IGN: Lucent)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GnatB
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:18 pm

Is it just me, or has Ishtaria gotten more unstable since the recent update?  (when the events changed and they added the quest continue change).

Previously I only ever occasionally crashed during PvP/raid bosses, (and that not all that frequently, assuming the sound was off)

Now I crash during regular quests fairly often.

And maybe it's my playstyle, but feels like the following are the 5 optimal cards:

Pound with multi skill and passive that's either attack buff or defense debuff
Flurry with multi skill and same type of passive
Flurry with rush skill and same type of passive
Slice with both rush and multi skill
Slice with multi skill and, again, attack buff or defense debuff.

Winning seems to be largely about killing the enemy fast, hence attack buffs & defense debuffs.  The type of active skills mentioned give you the most chance of skills activating with my aforementioned attack patterns.

And, of course, for your union mates benefit, the best "assist" unit for you to leader, since their passives have no point, is a unit with both a multi and a rush active skill.

The poison "support" skills seem less than worthless. By and large nothing you hit should be surviving long enough for it to really do much, and from what I've seen, it actually replaces the usual support debuff, which is almost always a better play.

And yeah, I'm finding the bazaar pretty worthless. (Maybe because I don't know any trading boards/etc.?) Definitely needs some sort of reverse lookup. Show me everybody trading something for unit Y.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shakalakaa

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:07 am

Looking for Furfur+0 in Ishtaria, trading with mlb EuniceM! Please contact me via LINE (same as forum name) if interested!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roanmarvel
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:28 pm

GnatB wrote:
Is it just me, or has Ishtaria gotten more unstable since the recent update?  (when the events changed and they added the quest continue change).

Previously I only ever occasionally crashed during PvP/raid bosses, (and that not all that frequently, assuming the sound was off)

Now I crash during regular quests fairly often.

And maybe it's my playstyle, but feels like the following are the 5 optimal cards:

Pound with multi skill and passive that's either attack buff or defense debuff
Flurry with multi skill and same type of passive
Flurry with rush skill and same type of passive
Slice with both rush and multi skill
Slice with multi skill and, again, attack buff or defense debuff.

Winning seems to be largely about killing the enemy fast, hence attack buffs & defense debuffs.  The type of active skills mentioned give you the most chance of skills activating with my aforementioned attack patterns.

And, of course, for your union mates benefit, the best "assist" unit for you to leader, since their passives have no point, is a unit with both a multi and a rush active skill.

The poison "support" skills seem less than worthless.  By and large nothing you hit should be surviving long enough for it to really do much, and from what I've seen, it actually replaces the usual support debuff, which is almost always a better play.

And yeah, I'm finding the bazaar pretty worthless.  (Maybe because I don't know any trading boards/etc.?)  Definitely needs some sort of reverse lookup.  Show me everybody trading something for unit Y.

I agree with most of what you're saying about team composition with three points:

1 - so far I have never seen more than 3 passives proc on a stage, so I'll asume 3 is the max that can proc at once. Which means that's probably the ideal number of passives you want to carry on your team.

2 - Related to above, but like effects can't proc. I ran both Andrealphus (4* team attack up passive) and Elise (5* team attack up passive) for quite a while and never saw them proc their passive at the same time. I noticed the same thing with Cerynitis (5* single target attack down) and Samyaza (5* team attack down), so that counts as a like effect as well. Something to keep in mind when choosing units.

3 - You can get away with having a single flurry unit since opening slice - flail will set your attacks to 'multi'. You need at least 2 slices though to get into 'rush' after a pound-rend though. So you're locked into 1 pound, 2 slices and 1 flurry. Something I might experiment more with if I feel double pound is needed (haven't reached this bonus stage yet).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Belphegor606

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:16 pm

Pulled 3k christmas pack

not even a single eu, not even a 5*

pulling chance still as bad as fanta
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GnatB
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:34 pm

1&2: Reason for multiple passives is to increase the odds of the passive firing.  I *assume* each one has it's own individual odds of going off.  So more units with a passive that increases your team attack, the better the chance your teams attack will be buffed.

3:  I've found myself now rather frequently using:
Pound
Flurry (rend)
Flurry (flail) (multi)
Slice (blast) (multi)
Slice (blast) (multi)

When facing a strongish/armored enemy (or one that's going next turn and fullon multi may not kill) and a few weak ones.  (which also works with my skill layout), so I think I'd still opt for 2 flurries over 2 pounds.

That said, real reason I popped back in here.  I used up most of my accumulated crowns to buy the 3k pack for this event, got an event 6*, and two (non-event) 5*.  So, the question.  Did I just get Lucky, or was the previous poster unlucky?

edit:
Belphegor606 wrote:
Pulled 3k christmas pack

not even a single eu, not even a 5*

pulling chance still as bad as fanta

Ah, but you get 4 Holiday Vouchers.  It takes 3 to buy a guaranteed EU.  (that has 32x chance of being a 5*)  (Mine was the Ishtar EU, which wasn't either of the 5* in the pull I mentioned)  Which should be some amount of consolation.

(and P.S. You get a voucher at 50k points, and another at 400k, which are possibly doable without massive burning, depending on how active your union is, presumably, so that's likely a 2nd guaranteed EU pull. (Third ticket is at 750k, which is probably out of reach w/o burning?)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Belphegor606

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:26 am

Got vassago 5* from the voucher

considering no eu and 5* from the pull this should be 6*....but meh, just my luck

last raid (folly in the forest), I got 1100k UP without burning pots too much (less than 10 minis I think and only 1 BP but still fall short from top 300 orz) and eu 4* (kishar) so prize should be doable though I can already pull 2nd voucher pax at 400k UP

cross finger for 6*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GnatB
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:09 am

G'luck. You must have much better units and/or union than me. I'm just barely over 100k. The pack pulls are likely to be the best part of this event for me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xmikechenx
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:14 am

So I picked up ishtaria yesterday... but getting destroyed by... snowmen

I'm pound - rend - slice - upper - dice on them... but only doing like 25% of their hp... so when there's 3 of them....

I'm sure its because my units are bad, I have 4* nevil, and the rest are 3*s, leveled to 10 with all the feeders I've acquired...

Just seems like a pretty hard game to play f2p right now, but i'm probably doing something wrong, any tips?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tasaiomar
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:28 am

It's hard to jump right into the event. I'd advice trying the regular levels for a while first. You can also grind early levels for tickets and feeders if necessary.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xmikechenx
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:33 am

Is there any strategy for farming (noob-oriented)? I've read that dragons for pros are good, but how about for noobs? farming stones? farming feeders? farming exp (just do hardest -4 quest it seems)?

Do specific levels drop silver tickets more than others?

Do specific levels drop lots of feeders?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GnatB
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:52 pm

To be honest, the last event was *great* for "farming".

Every -4 boss had a fairly good chance of dropping a mini BP potion. Top 400 in each PvP session got 3 silver tix. My team was fairly "meh" when I started, but by the end my quest team was 2 5*, and 3 4*+2's. My Raid/PvP team was entirely 3*+2 or better.... and I still had over 40 silver tix left at the end. (and almost 40 of those mini BP pots). And I was pretty much using as many mini pots as needed to get top 400 for the silver tix. Just grinding the last quest in the first area over and over and over for the pots.

(Probably would have had more, but I didn't realize those 3 tix were so accessible. I spent time getting as far in the story as I could, which may have been worthwhile, since that got me the crowns for the 3k pack)

Now my problem is trying to trade 3* dupes for 3*'s I don't have. Probably have to "waste" medals buying extra space though. Problem is then it'll be hard to resist the little voice in my head saying "the first 3k pack was sooo good, you want to buy another". Right now it's easy to resist. I simply don't have the room for the cards.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xmikechenx
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:02 pm

haha, good to know that I missed a great farming opportunity then.

So if I was to grind a quest, which one should i go after lol

I'm up to 3-4 on event quests....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lucentSwallowtail
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:49 pm

xmikechenx wrote:
haha, good to know that I missed a great farming opportunity then.

So if I was to grind a quest, which one should i go after lol

I'm up to 3-4 on event quests....

So far, this has been a good f2p game for me. However you did join at an awkward time. My quick advice would be to:
1. Go through the Age of Ishtaria wikipedia for info/guides
2. Transfer to an active Union, based on how much you expect to play. The Wikipedia has a (small) list of Unions that are recruiting. If you just want to quickly join an active, open Union for now, make sure to filter by stated activity level when searching for one.
3. Do the main storyline for bronze summons and free crowns as far as you can. Only do the event quests as far as your team can feasibly go. Don't waste your AP overexerting your team. (This last recommendation may be contestable, but given that you're new, your main goal should be to gather resources and level your team)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xmikechenx
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:14 pm

It seems like stones are valuable for purifying areas and unlocking bonus areas for exp. But every stage seems to drop those in similar quantities?

Is there a specific stage that drops silver tickets often?

I was asked to play this game by a top 50 union so I'm just bumming there for now, too bad no union reward lol, one guy just pulled 30 holiday vouchers at once.

otherwise... seems like I'll just slowly level and grab what 3*s and 4*s I can get for now
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spacebug
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:08 pm

Aside from what the others said, save those purify stones for later stages when they are truly needed because you'll need a ton of them. Up until about the dragon stage you'll want beat the levels with as least purify buffs as possible. The start of the game is all about understanding the battle system and making it your second nature as well grind your lvl to at least about 50 to increase your max AP and cost for your raid/pvp deck. You will probably have to buy some card packs to buff your decks while lvling them as well. Don't touch your AP and BP pots since their effect is capped by your max AP and raid deck.

Also grind to max loyalty on fresh 3* +2 cards to sell them for rare medals (given you don't need the 3* anymore). Get 3x 4*Leruja as a great slice unit since she's relatively easy to obtain with both Rush and Multi skills.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xmikechenx
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:17 pm

Thanks!

I've read through pretty much every thread on the wiki, which was why I resorted to asking questions here. I'm also in 3 Line rooms trying to learn about the game haha.

So it sounds like there's no early stage to farm early that's particularly great, so just save stones for the last stages.

Aside Leruja, are there any particularly good 4*s or even 3*s that I should keep an eye out for?

Battle system has pretty much been internalized already, hard units I rend, weak units I tend to farm burst up one by one
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GnatB
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:19 pm

Spacebug wrote:
Aside from what the others said, save those purify stones for later stages when they are truly needed because you'll need a ton of them.

I have to disagree somewhat.  There's a 100 crown challenge reward each for fully purifying an area, and the easier areas require less stones, but give the same 100 crowns.  And crowns are how you get the good packs with the best cards.  I purified as I went, and only started concentrating on the level I was on if I started getting stuck.

Additionally, I'm not sure if it'll be back, but they were doing a 100tix event when I started.  you could buy 1 gold pack per day for only 100 crowns.  Any more of the 100 crown packs required a ticket.  (which IIRC mainly came from raids).  You may want to consider saving your crowns until they do that again, (assuming they do) unless there's an event pack you really really like.

Last edited by GnatB on Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xmikechenx
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:28 pm

yea... it does seem like the best bet is to save crowns up for the 3000 crown pull during an event that one likes... I actually really like the units in this current pack.. but alas....

Currently endlessly grinding Event 2-4 The Trial because its the best event quest I can do without needing potions. Not sure if there's a regular quest that is better

Also farming battles when I can for gold tickets, but those seem kind of weak?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios   Today at 11:03 pm

Back to top Go down

Age of Ishtaria by Silicion Studios
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next