HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

What else do you play? The Fantasica Alternatives (or Compliments or Supplements)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Minowara
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: What else do you play? The Fantasica Alternatives (or Compliments or Supplements)   Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:51 am

I play a number of other games:

SBT (after the game mash, still enjoying it quite a bit, though it does seem like it could become a bit too repetitive if the events are all the same)

Clash of Clans (very fun, a bit different, been playing a few weeks now). Takes a long commitment to be really good as the buildings take forever!

Brave Frontier -- I started playing this around 6 months ago, and had a blast with it. Lots of free gems (to buy packs with) from the developer, they seem genuinely interested, and there are lots of very challenging things to do. I actually just quit a couple of weeks ago, and the problem for me started when they moved up the energy counter from 10 minutes to 3 minutes. When it was 10 minutes, I could log in a few times a day, get some stuff done, and enjoy it. When it was moved to 3 minutes, I felt I had to play all day or I was wasting energy, so I played it all day, and the grinding became just too much for me. The game has a lot of fun elements, but to get your guys to SBB10 takes a LOT of grinding the same quest over and over. Not as bad as Fanta, but you are active the whole time as opposed to Fanta where you set up your guys and focus your attention elsewhere. I suspect I will come back to it at some point, but it was just too much. Why did they have to drop energy regeneration to 3 minutes!!

I may try out this Age of Ishtaria.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
boyetvalte
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: What else do you play? The Fantasica Alternatives (or Compliments or Supplements)   Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:47 pm

For those trying Ishtaria and having issues with crashing. I suppose the voice takes a lot out of your phone, turn it off. I'm using a samsung s3 mini with 1mb ram, works fine without the voice but freezes on boss fight if i turn it on.

6 days of playing, got 2Xevo3 3* and 4X4*

Considering how great SS is doing with Ishtaria, maybe they'll do better if they dissociate from mobage/dena. Would not mind them shutting the dame down so they can give em the boot lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cyndre

PostSubject: Re: What else do you play? The Fantasica Alternatives (or Compliments or Supplements)   Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:26 pm

If only I could play :'(
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GnatB
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: What else do you play? The Fantasica Alternatives (or Compliments or Supplements)   Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:03 pm

boyetvalte wrote:
For those trying Ishtaria and having issues with crashing.  I suppose the voice takes a lot out of your phone, turn it off.  I'm using a samsung s3 mini with 1mb ram, works fine without the voice but freezes on boss fight if i turn it on.

Considering how great SS is doing with Ishtaria, maybe they'll do better if they dissociate from mobage/dena.  Would not mind them shutting the dame down so they can give em the boot  lol

Turning off sound helps, but it still is fairly likely to crash in raid/PvP battle.  Pretty sure there's a memory leak.  Simply going through viewing cards to see which ones I haven't unlocked the skill for yet it crashes after 13 or so of them.

And my biggest complaint (other than crashing) is probably sort of peculiar. Not sure if it's a combination of energy regenning to fast, going up levels too fast, or going up a level gives you full energy, but you almost never have to sit very long for energy to regen enough for another long session of play. Makes it not very casual friendly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lucentSwallowtail
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: What else do you play? The Fantasica Alternatives (or Compliments or Supplements)   Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:46 am

GnatB wrote:
boyetvalte wrote:
For those trying Ishtaria and having issues with crashing.  I suppose the voice takes a lot out of your phone, turn it off.  I'm using a samsung s3 mini with 1mb ram, works fine without the voice but freezes on boss fight if i turn it on.

Considering how great SS is doing with Ishtaria, maybe they'll do better if they dissociate from mobage/dena.  Would not mind them shutting the dame down so they can give em the boot  lol

Turning off sound helps, but it still is fairly likely to crash in raid/PvP battle.  Pretty sure there's a memory leak.  Simply going through viewing cards to see which ones I haven't unlocked the skill for yet it crashes after 13 or so of them.

And my biggest complaint (other than crashing) is probably sort of peculiar.  Not sure if it's a combination of energy regenning to fast, going up levels too fast, or going up a level gives you full energy, but you almost never have to sit very long for energy to regen enough for another long session of play.  Makes it not very casual friendly.

At higher quest levels, it doesn't really scale. I definitely played a good bit early on, but the cost of questing in Den of the Dragon gives me some time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
boyetvalte
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: What else do you play? The Fantasica Alternatives (or Compliments or Supplements)   Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:32 pm

Yeah, lower levels will give you plenty of level up. Even at level 26, I'd only need to wait 1 or 2 quests for a level up. Past that point, AP regen is 1 per minute to do new quests. BP regens every 10 minutes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roanmarvel
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: What else do you play? The Fantasica Alternatives (or Compliments or Supplements)   Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:55 pm

Yup, it seems they want new players constantly doing stuff. And different stuff outside events at that (unlike Fanta, train or quest or be bored).

Which isn't a bad thing IMO.  You don't have to use every AP / BP after all.

Like a lot of guys here I've been playing too.  Ran through the tutorial a few days ago, really only played yesterday and have two 4*, a bunch of 3*'s and a ton of crowns.  Are they good for anything other than Gold and 100 Crown packs?  I've been hesitant to burn them in case something else comes along.

Minor annoyance is that only today I learned that several of the pages are taller than my screen, so I found the banners for the events and it looks like they're going to be quite similar to Fanta (just finished Colo, next is Gifting).

Also, did anyone make a Fanta Exiles union?  The union the game auto-put me in isn't the most active and I'd rather play with forumites anyways. If so, send me a message at IGN: Roan / Code: 1c85mc.

Here's my take on what new players should do:
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
aikendoe
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: What else do you play? The Fantasica Alternatives (or Compliments or Supplements)   Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:19 am

Roan, we made a union for fanta players, called Phantasm, gm is muiri. Funny thing, I suggested Fanta Exiles as union name too, but it was rejected No
Also where is dedicated thread in General Chat for AoI-related stuff.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StelraEtnae

PostSubject: Re: What else do you play? The Fantasica Alternatives (or Compliments or Supplements)   Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:27 am

Add on to the info about Ayakashi (which is actually the first android card game that I started playing, even before Fanta):
I personally feel that it's a satisfying game, in terms that you can actually get decent usable cards by playing actively in the events even without spending. Completing the event itself will give a 5* (or 2 in some cases). For the more ambitious, First Half Rankings is another 5* and Total Ranking is generally the most powerful 5* of the lot.

More pros:
- The game has a story as you progress through the "training"(using Fanta terminology)
- Main events have storylines too!
- Active PvP; based on strength of your attack/defense team

The cons is that it would probably be quite hard to start up at this point, as some events are leaning towards old players with higher stats and greater resources saved up. And of course, the lack of trading.

There's no social aspect in game, but:
1) Support can be found in the wiki comment sections, the Ayakashi playerbase's equivalent to the this forum.
http://ayakashi-ghost-guild.wikia.com/wiki/AGGWiki
2) There's guild conquest, which differs from GW in that the guild doesn't dissolve after the event. For active guilds the conversation usually goes on in social media apps like Kakaotalk and Line.

EVENTS
MAIN
Tower - grinding, grinding; the AGG equivalent to Training. In the past full time grinding will undoubtedly get you to the top floor where you'd get a 5*, but now a few items will always be needed. But items come quite easily in the game, so as long as you save up a bit,
Pro of Fanta in terms of grinding - unlike Fanta which limits the max TP one can have, in Ayakashi you can allocate as much of your ability points towards HP as you like. The items (like Divine Nectar) completely refill your stats, so a player with 300 hp would naturally have to use much less items compared on one with 100 hp.

Conquest - This one will be tricky for new players. It's a boss battle event, and how far you get without items depends on your stats (Attack Spirit and Defense Spirit) and the strength of your team. Once you hit your wall, the only way up is items. And like before, players with higher stats will need much less items than those with low stats. Ironically, it's those low stat new players that need those cards much more than high level players. A rather vicious cycle there if you ask me, but can't be helped.

GUILD
Guild Conquest - Event style is similar to Conquest, but bosses are much tougher and so need to be taken down with cooperation of other members. With a strong guild and cooperation in using items, the final 5* can usually be achieved. Alternatively, there's another 5* that drops by luck after the special boss has been defeated.

FILLER
Sealstone/Soul Gem - I use this time to collect items for the big events, but some have said that they are more new player friendly. Find sealstones/gems by searching the story, battle other players to get the ones you can't find. Unseal enough sets, and you'll get a 5* as well. Straight-forward enough.

That's it I think! Well I sure rambled on. xD

On a last note: 100% Free Player here, friends! I can't speak for spenders, but in regards to free player satisfaction, I would say that Ayakashi wins.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xenotron

PostSubject: Re: What else do you play? The Fantasica Alternatives (or Compliments or Supplements)   Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:03 am

Joined AoI.
code: 70x5ie

Used the lowest code from this thread.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FfolkGreene

PostSubject: Re: What else do you play? The Fantasica Alternatives (or Compliments or Supplements)   Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:43 am

Add me to Ishtaria's ranks Smile Today is my second day. Invite code: f48c8v.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xenotron

PostSubject: Re: What else do you play? The Fantasica Alternatives (or Compliments or Supplements)   Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:40 pm

What Union (ex-)Fantasica guys are in?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
boyetvalte
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: What else do you play? The Fantasica Alternatives (or Compliments or Supplements)   Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:54 am

Carpe Diem is full at the moment. We are hoping they will increase the union limit past 20 so we can accomodate more. I've seen a lot of familiar names during colo though, I'm sure there are a lot more ex-fanta union groups. Hit battles now and then, I'm sure you will bump into one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roanmarvel
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: What else do you play? The Fantasica Alternatives (or Compliments or Supplements)   Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:52 pm

Quite a few union names are familiar from Guild War events too. I'm not super familiar with top-fanta players or non-forumers even, but I've seen many familiar names in Ishtaria. And why not? It's basically Fanta v2, that the list of recent events: a variation on training, colo, variation on gifting, and bingo (no fanta equivalent I can think of). They even had 100 coin packs and now step-up packs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spacebug
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: What else do you play? The Fantasica Alternatives (or Compliments or Supplements)   Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:31 am

Think I'm moving on already to Ishtaria. While it's still kinda p2w, at least the events are rewarding again. My ign there is Spacebug for anyone interested to know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lucentSwallowtail
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: What else do you play? The Fantasica Alternatives (or Compliments or Supplements)   Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:34 pm

Bah humbug. I need to update the OP. So... lazy... I've basically moved on to Age of Ishtaria. It's definitely more rewarding (for me) than Fantasica. Per usual, my luck with pulls is nada. But at least I can *earn* useful cards. AND have a life. AND the achievable cards are actually cute and not some mass-produced-Neo-art-handouts? Yep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spacebug
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: What else do you play? The Fantasica Alternatives (or Compliments or Supplements)   Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:25 am

We are in need of a dedicated Age of Ishtaria thread...

The competition in this week's event is.... pretty tough imo. Can't even get close to the top rank rewards without spending or burning items.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tasaiomar
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: What else do you play? The Fantasica Alternatives (or Compliments or Supplements)   Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:30 am

Spacebug wrote:

Let's get right on that Very Happy

http://www.fantasicaunofficial.com/t11214-age-of-ishtaria-by-silicion-studios
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rogerwiwio

PostSubject: Re: What else do you play? The Fantasica Alternatives (or Compliments or Supplements)   Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:12 am

Hi there,

i have now also quit fantasica as with untradeable 8 and new 9* i really dont see the effort to do it.

I have switched to Marvel Puzzle quest.
A card game, where you can have to play with Marvel Heros as cards.

Fight runs like
http://www.google.de/imgres?imgurl=http://cdn.pastemagazine.com/www/articles/marvel%2520puzzle%2520quest%2520dark%2520reign%2520screen.png&imgrefurl=http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2013/11/mobile-game-of-the-week-marvel-puzzle-quest-dark-r.html&h=1280&w=800&tbnid=1viTFLBwpf9RYM:&zoom=1&tbnh=96&tbnw=60&usg=__fqLSSWPKPxtTHC_VssT5xgj13yM=&docid=mH_0z5a7pH9fdM&client=firefox-a&sa=X&ei=aYSBVM6BC-XXyQPQsIHoBA&ved=0CFMQ9QEwCA&dur=204

Main advantage is you really need tactic on how you put your team together.
On several events that run you can choose your start and end time !

Disadvantage no trading.

Also no money needed to play and even to rank.
Kik or line me if you want infos or come to our guild whre so many old Fata Legends are now Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spacebug
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: What else do you play? The Fantasica Alternatives (or Compliments or Supplements)   Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:42 am

Tasaiomar wrote:
Spacebug wrote:

Let's get right on that Very Happy

http://www.fantasicaunofficial.com/t11214-age-of-ishtaria-by-silicion-studios

Ah thx, didn't know it was already there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
theacks

PostSubject: Re: What else do you play? The Fantasica Alternatives (or Compliments or Supplements)   Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:50 am

I just started playing Brave Frontier to try it out. If anyone wants to add me my ID is 3458084711.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ceres

PostSubject: Re: What else do you play? The Fantasica Alternatives (or Compliments or Supplements)   Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:42 pm

Other Teamlava Games for free, yupp you can enjoy their things like building decreating your own restaurant, farm as such and still have fun=> for Free!

Others Game i play: Leage of Legends with friends, its really more fun to play with friends, than to get flamed all the time.
Wow but not right now, and Adventure like Geminie Rue, or other Adventures and i enjoy that a lot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
theacks

PostSubject: Re: What else do you play? The Fantasica Alternatives (or Compliments or Supplements)   Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:11 pm

I don't know if anyone is around this forum anymore, but I started Ishtaria.  If you're thinking of trying it out, please use my code,  557yiv.  Thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What else do you play? The Fantasica Alternatives (or Compliments or Supplements)   Today at 7:34 am

Back to top Go down

What else do you play? The Fantasica Alternatives (or Compliments or Supplements)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2