HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

A game with great potential ruining itself.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
LuziMiazawa
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: A game with great potential ruining itself.   Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:01 pm

I feel like this it should be mentioned, especially now with what I found out what Mobage(now DeNa) tends to do if you complain too much: They ban you. Yet I'm here writing this, because I just have so many things on my mind about Fantasica.

Only read this if you're able to stand a lot of criticism which is incoming.

Fantasica is in fact a good game. No. It's not. It COULD be a good game if many things would be changed. I'm well aware of the fact that DeNa are money greedy as hell despite the fact they already earn a lot of money, they want more and more and that's ruining this game...

My awesome friend Aniwo(she quitted btw.) made a thread about this already: IS the game dead? The awful truth and nonsense of everything - Let's Pokémon(please read it, because she also describes it very well).

Both of us used to love play Fantasica. Both of us loved to collect monsters. Both of us loved to grind and stay awake together and chit chat while we grind and afterwards being able to sell the Units for something at least.
That's how Fantasica was before they decided to do certain things. Yeah, I do understand that pullables are always going to reprint, but since they reprinted the Gloria event completely they decided to take it a step further and in my eyes it's nothing but scamming and yet people continue to spend.

I'm well aware of the fact that only the spenders are keeping this game alive, because Mobage would abandon it like they abandoned Deity Wars and a another game of theirs in which you were able to get stuff for free, even really good stuff. There was no real money spending required in both of these games. That's why they took them down.

This would happen to Fantasica if everyone would stop spending and they wouldn't earn any money with it anymore.

I've noticed that the game actually affects the Forum users activity. Many don't register on the forums anymore, because for one there's the ftrade chat. Accessable without being logged in and because many oldies are just gone. One of them is Aniwo. Memphiskite. Loveless2334(SnowTempest on the forums), StarOnyx and many others.

Picture one
Picture two
Picture three
Picture four

Here you can see how we used to talk in the chatboxs of the forum, because they all were still playing Fantasica and back then Fantasica was a more enjoyable game than it is nowadays. It affects many things...

But now let's get back to the aspects why Fantasica is less enjoyable than before: For one it's the whole reprinting. I mean, it's not a surprise that they keep reprinting pullables, but the extent is crazy. Back then you just had only one pack during events. Sometimes two, but that was usually the max, but nowadays you've like 3-4 different card packs going on in one event which all includes reprints of different or even maybe the same cards.
It's just to get more money out of us and I guess they're still trying to test out which card pack is more desired...

Also for one: 7*s and 8*s. When 7*s came out everyone got worried about their 6*s which was right to fear, because in the end the crash came. But how they released the 7*s was much nicer and better than 8*s in all honesty. You had a real chance to get Lilith, because she obtainable from rank 1 to 150 and I know people who just burned like 250-300 Potions to obtain her.
7*s slowly sneaked into our daily lifes of Fantasica and we got used to it, but that did not completely killed the market which is the most important thing in this game, but to that later.

Personally, I think how they introduced 8*s to us was bad. It wasn't special. It didn't felt special... It just felt like thrown in randomly to earn money, nothing else and that's all what they're after: Your money and they success, because they make people addicted to the pulling, especially in Fantasica, because you easily get frustrated due to their low pull rate.

That's one of the reasons why many keep pulling, because they REALLY wanted something good in their pulls and they don't want their money to be wasted. In a another game I managed to pull 4-5 8*s in 10 card pulls and I was happy after it. If I don't pull anything good in the different card game... I feel like pulling again just to get something good. That's how Fantasica works.
Many users get frustrated and they don't want to spend again, but many do it again after all, because they're addicted.

My oldie, but goldie Memphiskite was a huge spender in 2012. He ranked for Ethel 6* and almost blue Diana and as many other, he was frustrated when 7*s were released, because he feared his 6*s to drop and he had many vanities. Including stuff like Liz 5*, Lana 5* and etc.

This fear he had is nowadays more present than ever it was before, because they eventually started to reprint whole rank rewards. First they reprinted the whole Gloria event, BUT it was reasonable and wasn't overkill... Not like what they did to the whole Messala event in which they reprinted the whole event in Guild Wars which caused many new copies to be released and crashing the Units prices.

Old players had to watch how 6*s dropped from 500 to 5 TE prices. For all the new players: In 2012 6*s were 1k+ and 2013 still 100-500. Pullable ones per se. Let's not talk about the rank rewards and how expensive they used and still use to be. I do understand it's how it ends up if they keep reprinting and releasing new stuff like that and that it was meant to happen anyway if it comes to 6*s... That's now a another topic I want to talk about:

Ranking.

Since we've the group rankings, it's completely different and seems easier and in fact, for many events, it's easier than it was ever before and that's probably why they just make 3-4 days events. Can you imagine that I grinded like two weeks during the Harthi Panel to get Ombre? No? Well, that's how events were back then. You literally grinded your butt off for like 16-20 hours per day for two weeks.

Now you may wonder why I'd complain about easy ranking... Group rankings means: More groups. More rewards. Cheaper prices unless the Unit is crazily awesome and good like Frene. Many people don't realize that just because you ranked like top 50 in a group that the reward is going to be sellable or that your rank seems fancy.
In old times you were amazed by people who ranked from 1-100 and nowadays it means nothing anymore. Many people used to spend to be rank 1 or something like that, just to have a higher rank in their profile and that way we used to respect rankers, because we knew they used money and a lot of effort to rank high like this, but this changed a lot since group rankings.

Despite the fact that there are usually cheap and expensive groups and that the outcome moneywise is many times the same, but since three people can rank for one rank each event it means nothing anymore and also scammers can rank high enough to get a nice rank and have a better reputation and then they scam you or leech off your guild during guild wars.

Yeah, it's a lot about: "The old times were better" and indeed, they were. Yeah, nowadays you can obtain your favorite cards easier, but you can barely buy and resell stuff, because in most cases it needs to be really expensive stuff you need to buy for cheap to resell it for more and yet you don't know if there's going to be a reprint of it or not. Even rank rewards.

Even though many people still buy vanity for a fair price... People are scared of reprints. So am I. I didn't bidn't buy Blue Aragon for 415 in a auction(I didn't bidded high enough), because I'm afraid of reprints. Helena used to be 1k and now she's 200-300.

It's destroying the market. Like, really badly... Good Units aren't good enough anymore. When the Arena event was present, good units had a meaning, because you needed them to defeat other players, but nowadays it's not like that anymore. I don't count GW in, because there are many ways to pass that by. It's only fun if you decide not to go for GP rewards and that you want to fight it out instead of burning for a GP reward.

Collosseum isn't the same anymore. Same for tower. Now it's only about burning to get a 8*. You don't even get anything to resell properly, because there's no ranking... You literally burn your pure for a card you only keep for yourself, because 8*s aren't tradeable yet. This means, they're also trying to kill our resources so you're forced to buy pure from the store which means money for them.

Event Units in favorable Events are untradeable so free players may get tempted to spend to have a chance for an 8*.

The biggest problem is just the money greed Mobage is suffering from. Fantasica is a game with great potential...

I'll give you examples how they could improve the game to make it more enjoyable:

They could work on the monsters. Like, give the monsters abilities or weak points and etc. Like, a monster is strong against slow melee Units, but weak to poison mage Units. Or they decrease your attack power if they're under 40% health and etc. Maybe even some skills which have a chance to disable the Area Attack of your Unit for a set amount of turns.

Change the rankings - I can't really explain how I'd like to have it, but I'd like to have it changed somehow. It's not worth it anymore to rank unless the reward is uber good and really desired, but that means spenders may outspend you.

Give non-spenders or low spenders better chances to get stuff. Just the tower and colo 8*s as an example. Make event units tradeable again, also in other events.

Last but not least: Frigging take care of your users finally. You've been ignorant enough, Moabge/DeNa/Silicon Studios. You only care about money and not about the desires of your players.

Now to a whole another topic:

New players.

I do understand that new players start playing Fantasica how it is now and they only know how to behave now, because they never experienced how it was before.
But that does not excuse that they're cocky. Many new players are cocky, because most of them don't see the opportunity to play for free or not to blast out a large amount of money and many of them end up being cocky. Best example: ChromeMadafaka. Everyone of you knows who and what I mean.

But what also makes it sad that many of them have the feeling Fantasica isn't funy otherwise. A friend told me: "Without spending this game isn't fun, because you can't do anything", because the market is literally effed up and just a mess due to all the reprints and players decide to sell their stuff cheap, like they just got it and they sell it for cheap and that's what several rankers do.

I know a LOT of nice players which are rankers too. Like, A LOT. But it urghhhs me if I see rankers saying to users: "Talk to me again if you managed to get rank #1 in GW or anywhere else", like WTH even? Please don't understand me wrong. I know that there are MANY in Fantasica who are AWESOME and NICE.

Many new players also leave the game, because they get the feeling that the game is no fun, because they can't progress anywhere due to the market and that's not even the fault of the players. Mostly. Maybe. But in my eyes the true problems lies within the game, because they just keep reprinting and with their current event banners for the next event they give everyone the fear of their cards being reprinted. Even rank rewards.

Before anyone says: "Well, it's no surprise they reprint pullables, because they're pullables", well captain obvious, I'm not dumb. They always have been reprinting pullable cards, but they never did it in such a extent as they do it nowadays with like 3-5 packs in one event which just lasts 3-5 days and the next event is the same and the next after that one too.

Now it turned more out into a rant,

but all I'm bascially saying is that this game has great and yet sadly wasted potential, because of money.

I used to meet a lot of great people and talk to them. But nowadays Fantasica seems dead, because so many quitted. Sometimes you don't even notice it if someone is quitting, because it's just so many. I see people who lose like 7 allies in one week, because they're quitting due to Mobages/DeNA/Silicion Studios greed.

I think that's it for now...

Also if any of my dear old chatboxlers reads this... I'd like to have a nice chat with you again in the chatbox, even though we keep talking in Line, it just feels different than the nights in the chatbox in which we used to talk for hours straight and about any utter nonsense we just had in mind.

Greetings,

Luzi

and no, I'm no quitting, but I think that had to be said. Game got great potential, but Mobage and Silicon Studios only think about money and what's the best way to steal money from us.

Oh, btw., how about you check this awesome upcoming forum event game out and apply to it? ^^

Call me a whimp or whiner, but I miss the old days in Fantasica...

Kik/Line: LuziMiazawa
Fantasica: LuziMiazawa - 69969112

There's a chatbox on the forums. It's well hidden. If you scroll down on the start page, you'll see it.
Any scammer IDs for me? Pass them over to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vaati
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: A game with great potential ruining itself.   Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:14 am

*Big wall of text crits you for over 9000*
*You die*

...okay, back to serious mode. I'll make my post in topics so that it's easier to follow.

Do i agree?

I agree with what you wrote, you made a lot of solid points.
(However, note that you adressed about the pullable reprints twice, with the second one using a wrong approach, considering that you did talk about it previously)

However, you have to be aware of an important thing: things change over time. If the game does not evolve, it may become stagnant compared to other games and eventually goes down until it reaches a closure.

A truth within Fantasica

Seeing the whole evolution pattern that you explained, I notice that there is a certain trend: there are three kinds of cards - strong cards, average cards, and weak cards. A LOT of trading card games i played followed this trend too: Magic the Gathering, at start, had common, uncommon and rare cards, and Pokémon had those exact rarities as well, which shows the significance of having an heirarchy of power.

At the start of the game, 6* were the strong, 5* the average, and 4* the weak. Players had to obtain some 4* in order to start going up the ladder, gaining power with every new 4*.

The game even offered 4* tickets to ensure that the players would have a small level of certainty that they could increase their power. Lucky players could get an extra boost with a 5* (i still remember that sudden burst when Roll, a 5*, came out of a ticket), and would hit the jackpot with the 6*, causing the sporadic cases of success that stirs the community and keep it active and hoping, binding them to the game.

Evolution: the 7* era

I would say that the 7* evolution was a healthy one. Players could still recover their losses and slowly reach their pinnacle if they continued their effort. 7*s were indeed tradable, so the market could thrive while maintaining its strong/average/weak structure.

However, 4*s weren't neglected during the transition, which caused a blow of uncertainty within the game. The strong 7* came in, the 6* became average, and the 5* are now weak. But what about the 4*? The difference in power between 5* and 4* was still there. This forced the game to shift while accomodating the 4*, which couldn't become obsolete due to the whole effort placed by the game on them.

So we end up with four classes, causing changes that brought advantages and problems. 4* had better enhancing potential to get MLB 6*/7*, yet their presence as EU caused a weakneed state on the ranking fields.

Most of the events' difficulty followed this change. The levelling content, however (Quests and regular Training) didn't increase in power due to the fact that the 1*-3* cards were still around and needed a reason to be used. New events showed up to give more diversity and conceal this fact. Several of the new events had a lot of good mechanics to enjoy, so their plan, if such was planned from the start, was succesful.

The worst part was that there wasn't a certain way to earn 5* for the community to maintain the strong/average/weak trend. They still maintained their average rarity, being difficult to earn as a player attempts to gain power to be able to have a chance at ranking. 5* tickets did came, but were way behind schedule.

The 6* giveaways of Grace and Selina did confirmed that 6* were indeed labelled as average (Shaft didn't count because he was a part of the 2-year anniversary), and were a sort of first-aid band to fix the damage caused by the delay caused by the 4*-5* problem.

The 8* era: the downfall and its reasons

To be honest, the 8* should have arrived later due to the hierarchy of 4 levels of power. Probably a half-year more or so would have given the community enough time to be ready for the evolution shift.

However, this shift was a complete mess due to a single fact: locked 8*s. By making 8* untradable, Fanta broke the trend that they've established over two years by denying players with the option to aquire units of the strong ladder by trading them.

To make matters worse, they did not made enough changes to the game to evolve it to the new era. 4* still mattered, and 5* were seen as average. So it was like a new, VIP card category was added, where only the spenders or really, really, REALLY lucky players could earn them.

I used "really" three times because the card draw odds weren't arranged to meet the new requirements, therefore making the pullable 8* more of a dream than a reality. If you did pulled the 8* from a ticket/starter pack - congratulations. You were the literal "one-in-a-million".

The community wasn't ready to follow this new trend. They basically adapted while following the older trend, which was a mistake on this evolutionary step of the game. Now it has to deal with an untradable strong tier, the average tier and the weak tier, not to mention the two previous tiers that are still taken into account by the game.

To make manners worse, by making the strong tier locked, the trading flow cannot be replied on the higher tier, which diminishes the avainable trading goods. This causes a huge loss of market goods avainable for trading, including the TE/Pot currency, which is also used on ranking. this causes players to lose their TE/Pots and rely more on unit-to-unit trading, which is detrimental to the pure market where players move in order to rank.

In other words, there are fewer and fewer trading TE/Pots avainable. Players will soon be forced to abandon vanity trades and stict to functional ones instead (say, like buying Alizta for Colo events, or Romulus due to his stats).

Why did this occur?

Why did Moba made these changes to the game? Why the decision to make changes that turn the game's mechanics upside down and throw the community into chaos, while still giving the higher, safer ground to spenders?

I believe i do know why.

Moba (or DeNA for the most updated fellows) has earned a lot of income from this game, considering the reprints and the fast events that came through, some of them lasting only for a day (like the more recent one...). Not only that, but the multiple packs that you also spoke of, Luzi, speak their intent to place the locked 8* as many times as possible for players to spend on, all at the incredibly low, decieving rates that we know and are so familiar with.

This course of action shows that they will, most likely, not uplift the 8*'s lock on trades. Which mean that they are not giving consideration to the strong/average/weak rarity rule that we saw before.

Because this game is no longer a TCG-based tower defense for them (everyone does recall that Fantasica was, at start, this sort of game, before gaining more diverese end-game events), but just a money sink of collectible cards with small, if not none in a near future, focus on trading.

And why don't they restore this game to its former glory, considering the love that players have for this game? Well, i've got four words for you all: Star Wars - Tower Defence.

This new game will draw in thousands, if not millions, to it due to the brands associated: Disney, Lucas Arts... STAR WARS, guys!

Moba is evolving to other, more profitable games. Rather than fixing/upgrading existing games, they start anew with different themes. And many of the previous ones will run on low fuel. Actually, as lowest as possible, so that it may give some income. With the main focus on the JP server due to the art-hype that is present on their culture, the US server will be a ghost town where it will only live on as long as the JP side stands.

And if it starts to have bigger costs than profits...

... well, remember that safer ground i mentioned above on my post? It won't be such forever.

My final conclusion

To all things comes a begining and an end. Fantasica has lived its scheduled time. It was great, indeed. Even mentioned by Extra Credits due to the combination of TCG with tower defense mechanics.

But now it is a game that is overshadowed by others, merely kept online as to give more income to the company. They do not wish to close the game with a happy "thank you" note. They wish to get as much profit as possible until its expenses are greater and close the game with a sore notice.

To be honest, i wouldn't reccomend this game to anyone on its current state. Hell, even i don't bother my sister anymore about joining with me again like the old, short times.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
po1102
War Hero [Rare]

PostSubject: Re: A game with great potential ruining itself.   Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:34 pm

Yea I remember the time when we forumers gathered in the chatbox talking about all kinds of stuff while we were grinding events: like easy targets or how our 5* team lost to Anton in colo. And I made a lot of good friends in that chatbox as well, memph included. In fact I got to know our forumers better in the chatbox than in postings. I'm up for a chatroom session anytime.

As for the state of the game, to me fanta became a different game when 7* came out. Everything I knew about the game, everything I enjoyed doing, every goal I had was changed, gone, no longer applicable then. I've been pretty "casual" ever since, no longer hardcore burning, just enjoying it while it still lasts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LuziMiazawa
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: A game with great potential ruining itself.   Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:05 pm

@Vaati:

Yeah, I use to repeat myself very often. It's nothing new, haha.

But yeah, 7*s were introduced nicely - I can't say anything against that and the market was still stable for a while, but after the tradelocked 8*s came out and a bit too soon, everything went downhill, because everybody wanted pure to rank/grind for 8*s. So yeah.

Also I think they'll keep Fantasica up for a very long time, because there are many spender who spend enough to make it worth keeping, even if some are just new spenders who spend for a bit and then leave.

@Po1102:

Heh, totally agreeing with you about the chatbox.

Call me a whimp or whiner, but I miss the old days in Fantasica...

Kik/Line: LuziMiazawa
Fantasica: LuziMiazawa - 69969112

There's a chatbox on the forums. It's well hidden. If you scroll down on the start page, you'll see it.
Any scammer IDs for me? Pass them over to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: A game with great potential ruining itself.   Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:58 am

It's not just that as well, there are so many other games that are better. The requirements to even get good cards are absolutely crazy compared to other games, you need all day to even get a 7*, one slip up and it's gone, I have to actually spend more than 4-6 hours each day of spamming potions in Popularity just to make myself maintain the top 100 in the rankings. Fantasica gives free units too, but their standard of their stats are always below average. Since when have we seen a good login card? The answer is simple, never, because it's practically their priority not to make it too OP. That's not the point though, the real problem is that effort is not recognised ENOUGH and is too time consuming. Don't get me wrong, spenders should still have an advantage because they support the game, but the POWER (in terms of stats) gap is too huge between free players and spenders. The most absurd part is that they're making spenders "donate" possibly huge sums of real money, hundreds or thousands of USD in every event, which I do not know how big spenders even managed to maintain their finances in real life. This part of spending has already been mentioned by Luzi, so I'm not going to touch on that.

I think my other game reviews in Fantasica also made some people move on as well, I see people like KuroNeko in School Idol Festival, who is also an old forum user here as well.

What's worse? Ranking WITH pilots, the very idea of it, making your account at risk at the same time. Someone who is far-sighted will know you could get hacked anytime, which is why I hated it at first (and I paid the price just for doing it). Life can intervene at anytime and screw you big time, ruining the large effort of the Potions or Time Elixirs that you have used, one reason why we hire pilots. True, you could get some trusted people to do it for you. However, you can't count on your pilots all the time. The internet is almost never a safe place to trust your private information with anyone else, it takes a lot of time to test one's trust. One scam or hacking can literally screw all of your efforts that you took months to build. This may be unrelated to what I'm saying but I feel this needs to be said

Back to what I'm really talking about, real life affects all of us, one way or another.

Fantasica is not casual-friendly, you need to literally DEVOTE your WHOLE life into it. That is why no one wants to play it or even start playing it. If you play casually, you literally do not get anything worth even if you are loyal to the game and login everyday. Ceres, aka Zirkonia8, in-game, is a very good example of a casual player that can never achieve anything good like a good 7* or 8* in the game. I could be a very good example as well. I couldn't even get a 5* within my first few months of playing, I was GIFTED my FIRST 5*, Melissa by my old ally.

I got 6* Morticia just before 7* came out, my first 7*, Animus on April 2014, and my FIRST 8* two days before my 2nd anniversary. Even if you get your first 7* and 8*, you still can't compare to the spenders, but of course, they get an advantage but the power creep is gigantic, and even with the time you devote into Fantasica, you can never be one of the players that have good cards with acceptable stats, some have succeeded, but they are not the majority and the time to make that effort may be equal or perhaps, overshot other people that do not play Fantasica and play other games instead, such as those who have taken the time to build competitive teams in Pokemon.

How to be the best for free players?

Lucky draws, I admit this, if it wasn't for Animus, I would have never have this much pure in-game right now.

Depend on spenders

Don't even try to play the market, the market is... too saturated, I guess.

This is why the game can never be popular, in fact, with a good game, you definitely have friends talking about it, like Brave Frontier or Summoner Wars for example. Have any of your friends or family played Fantasica and are now playing with you at the moment? I'm just going to end this off with 2 questions and 2 screenshots.

Name 10-20 people that you know personally that has played Fantasica and know what kind of game is it.

Is this a game that you really enjoyed, a game that you had fun with?

The 2 screenshots will be uploaded shortly.

What are you looking at? Razz

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vaati
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: A game with great potential ruining itself.   Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:18 am

Still waiting on those screenshots O.o
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xmikechenx
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: A game with great potential ruining itself.   Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:56 pm

Dear Kurostar,

Just accidently pressed back and deleted everything... but here we go again!

You mentioned that there were many games better than Fantasica, so could you please mention some that have ALL of the following:

1. Less time-consuming/more real life friendly - Easy in a way just by changing from the cooldown system, hard because some of the "Fun" is found in the grind for some people

2. More F2P Friendly - I understand a game with all of these requirements would probably like to cater to whales in order to support the high funding requirements. But I like the fact that you can slowly accumulate pure in Fantasica, and in select events, burn them for a 7* or 8*, because its actually possible, and a trait i'd like to find in a future game. This actually conflicts with "time consuming" because a lot of woes in Fantasica are actually driven by the players themselves. It wouldn't actually be as hard to get what you want, if the the community was smaller and the rankers paid less.

3. Constant Events - I like having an event once a week.... 3 times a week... a bit much, but I prefer that over an event every 2 weeks... I like having something to chase after, and a new influx of units to collect

4. Pretty Art/Cute Pixels - I find Fantasica card art to be average - above average in terms of the TCGs available, but the fact that you actually get to use them as units... that's cool. So its not just a picture, now they're also a gif that you can place somewhere and manipulate

5. Event systems that forces the community to work together, but not terribly exclusive - I like how fantasica forces allies to help each other. I dislike how people with the best Allies have an infinitely easier time, and sometimes, are the only ones with a real fighting chance as f2p. That said, it's actually easy to change allies in Fantasica, so do some PR and you can find those allies if you really try.

I like fantasica, I really wish it was different, but I feel like it can't/doesn't exist
Back to top Go down
View user profile
po1102
War Hero [Rare]

PostSubject: Re: A game with great potential ruining itself.   Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:40 am

xmikechenx wrote:

2. More F2P Friendly - I understand a game with all of these requirements would probably like to cater to whales in order to support the high funding requirements. But I like the fact that you can slowly accumulate pure in Fantasica, and in select events, burn them for a 7* or 8*, because its actually possible, and a trait i'd like to find in a future game. This actually conflicts with "time consuming" because a lot of woes in Fantasica are actually driven by the players themselves. It wouldn't actually be as hard to get what you want, if the the community was smaller and the rankers paid less.

A lot of F2P games give out cash currency frequently (from game progression to log in reward), something fanta has never done (free coins from installing other mobage games don't count, it's not the same and it's only for Android users). Because of that if you're lucky enough or play long enough you can still get good stuff without having to pay. Fanta doesn't reward their loyal players like that though: They reward new players stuff old players can never have (untradeable), they reprint old rewards so old players who spent much greater amount of resources to get them (either by ranking or buying) can suck it.

xmikechenx wrote:

3. Constant Events - I like having an event once a week.... 3 times a week... a bit much, but I prefer that over an event every 2 weeks... I like having something to chase after, and a new influx of units to collect

You may like it, I may like it, but it doesn't mean the majority of ppl who have family/work/other obligation like it too. Besides, constant influx of new flashier, stronger, better units is bad for the game economy. No one wanna buy anything anymore. Too little demand, too much supply.

xmikechenx wrote:

4. Pretty Art/Cute Pixels - I find Fantasica card art to be average - above average in terms of the TCGs available, but the fact that you actually get to use them as units... that's cool. So its not just a picture, now they're also a gif that you can place somewhere and manipulate

Why I don't like the other TCGs lol, I call them DCGs (Dancing Card Games) Laughing it's just about some pictures bobbing up and down pretending they're doing something.

Fanta is a cool game, but the ppl running it aren't. Like the title says, it could be so much better if they loved us just as much as they love our wallets.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SomelPT

PostSubject: Re: A game with great potential ruining itself.   Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:45 pm

Bit late to the party, but as someone who comes and goes like the wind in fanta i have some insight to share.  

We all agree that part of fanta problems is the company greed, but that greed is only fueled by the big problem: the big spenders. Some of you have already touched the subject, but how is it possible, only one hour after each event start, there are already people with 8* EUs and with more BT points than i will ever make until the end of the event? I'm not saying people should not spend money in games they like but right now there are people spending hundreds of USD just for a possibility to get a virtual card! The company is only responding to the market feedback. No matter how high they put the prices, or the effort required, some people will pay. So Moba just keeps pushing it and pushing it. End of the day they are a company, and companies need profit, if they get the said profit why waste time on morals or other concerns?

IMO games like Fantasica should have 3 ways for a player to do good: strategy, time(effort) or spending. People should spend if they want to have a (small) advantage -not a requirement- or if they need to compensate for the time they don't have (because of family, friends, work, etc). If you put enough effort, you should be equally rewarded for that effort. Right now it is impossible, because every event requires you to have both effort and spending. It blows my mind that someone would play the same (repeating) game for 5 days straight and not get the prize they want (or any good prize). And its our fault as a (spending) community that Moba behaviour is tolerated. We enable them to do whatever they want by paying them every time. Also, cards worth 1k te/pots? If the spenders would get a grip the game would be far more enjoyable.

Personally i like that we will not reach this event's panel 7*, it means Moba pushed far enough and now they will have to tone it down a notch.

It is only a shame that there are no other games where i can get good looking cards and place them as units that evolve with battle. Thats probably why i always return to fanta, as a casual player.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: A game with great potential ruining itself.   Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:58 pm

Hi Vaati, Hi Luzzi!!!

Wanna Know What I Do In My Free Time? Click here

Back to top Go down
View user profile
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: A game with great potential ruining itself.   Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:15 pm

predator852 wrote:
Hi Vaati, Hi Luzzi!!!

Wow, never said hi to me Sad Joke Razz

Anyway, I don't think I have time to get the screenshots. Transferring screenshots are really inconvenient without Dropbox lmao.

po1102 wrote:
xmikechenx wrote:

A lot of F2P games give out cash currency frequently (from game progression to log in reward), something fanta has never done (free coins from installing other mobage games don't count, it's not the same and it's only for Android users). Because of that if you're lucky enough or play long enough you can still get good stuff without having to pay. Fanta doesn't reward their loyal players like that though: They reward new players stuff old players can never have (untradeable), they reprint old rewards so old players who spent much greater amount of resources to get them (either by ranking or buying) can suck it.

xmikechenx wrote:

You may like it, I may like it, but it doesn't mean the majority of ppl who have family/work/other obligation like it too. Besides, constant influx of new flashier, stronger, better units is bad for the game economy. No one wanna buy anything anymore. Too little demand, too much supply.  

xmikechenx wrote:

Why I don't like the other TCGs lol, I call them DCGs (Dancing Card Games) Laughing it's just about some pictures bobbing up and down pretending they're doing something.

Fanta is a cool game, but the ppl running it aren't. Like the title says, it could be so much better if they loved us just as much as they love our wallets.

Pretty much what I wanted to say, it may not be as hard for you, assuming you are a free player, how much time have you spent?

Screenshots are below in the spoilers

Screenshot #1:

Screenshot #2-5:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
xmikechenx
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: A game with great potential ruining itself.   Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:18 am

I've spent none so far, sitting at 2 8* and quite a few 7*

I've considered Brave Frontier, but it's just not as rewarding for me, and the repetitive weekly cycle of farming materials gets stupidly old for a veteran of puzzles and dragons.

That and, the game had very public mods for about a year and a half... i don't really like competing in a game where massive hacking has existed.

If there was a valid alternative to fantasica's art/gifs + events, I'd jump on it so fast... but nothing has really appeared. Most recently Terra battle came out, but doesn't have the art I want, and Monsterstrike... but that's just another Brave Frontier
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: A game with great potential ruining itself.   Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:42 am

xmikechenx wrote:
I've spent none so far, sitting at 2 8* and quite a few 7*

I've considered Brave Frontier, but it's just not as rewarding for me, and the repetitive weekly cycle of farming materials gets stupidly old for a veteran of puzzles and dragons.

That and, the game had very public mods for about a year and a half... i don't really like competing in a game where massive hacking has existed.

If there was a valid alternative to fantasica's art/gifs + events, I'd jump on it so fast... but nothing has really appeared. Most recently Terra battle came out, but doesn't have the art I want, and Monsterstrike... but that's just another Brave Frontier

Brave Frontier hasn't even been out for a year, in fact, it's almost at its first year anniversary, you started at 2012 as well, and getting only 'QUITE A FEW 7* and 2 8*' is actually not going to be as rewarding as Brave Frontier , that's for sure, just look how much I progressed over Brave Frontier in 3 MONTHS in the screenshots. (The no.of 6* I got in the screenshot) The advantage between spenders and free players are just too large, but that at least helps you appreciate the 8* even more, thus, making you feel that is much more rewarding, because of the massive amount of time you have spent in this game.

The staff of Brave Frontier already did a massive ban of players who are suspected to have been using hacks a month ago or so.

Besides, the weekly cycle of farming materials is classic for these kind of games, but Fantasica is much more repetitive than Brave Frontier with GRINDING quests for Panel, Gifting and Popularity events FOR HOURS and HOURS. Training for obviously Training and Raising as well, but with special Training stages. Even though they have introduced new events, the only things that are worth mentioning are only Board and Popularity events, and that's literally it. Zone events and Clash events aren't very well-received and the rest of the events, especially GW, keep repeating again and again excessively, I feel, thus, sacrificing content for money.

Take note I'm only considering progress within a set amount of time and considering that you are active as well.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A game with great potential ruining itself.   Today at 11:32 am

Back to top Go down

A game with great potential ruining itself.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1