HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Vaati
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:30 am

And may i remind that the reason why ally spaces are unmarked is because their positioning is random from event to event. I still can't assure if the ally stays on a random spot on a board for the whole event or if they do appear randomly when the lap is generated.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tasaiomar
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:00 am

Oh, I completely understand why they're unmarked. Heck, I should be happy they finally got the map working right. It's just challenging to plan out a route too far in advance if you're aiming for the ally squares.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GamingPauper

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:02 pm

I've hit up a ridiculous number of dice, catch it on the hour, many hours. . I am closing in on the 5* lap reward, the 6* is like double that, it seems ridiculously high to me considering how many hours worth of dice I've put in, and how sparce the healing item is. It does not floweth like lilies from last event and you can't just substitute potions. . . It seems crazy far off.

I haven't found a single chest over 100, I've been stalking them since I acquired the right cards. . hope I find at least a 100+ before the event is up. On the plus side, this event yields resources out the wazz, I'm pretty stoked about that.

I'm feeling well stocked for the next Chronicles, I just need to figure out how to find an epic guild to join, well befittingly epic for me I don't want to drag anyone down but I've almost capped my 7*, I have a second 7* if I can level her fast enough and a full team of 6* . . so epic relative to normal people ( - _-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
po1102
War Hero [Rare]

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:18 am

GamingPauper wrote:
I've hit up a ridiculous number of dice, catch it on the hour, many hours. . I am closing in on the 5* lap reward, the 6* is like double that, it seems ridiculously high to me considering how many hours worth of dice I've put in, and how sparce the healing item is.  It does not floweth like lilies from last event and you can't just substitute potions. . . It seems crazy far off.

I haven't found a single chest over 100, I've been stalking them since I acquired the right cards. . hope I find at least a 100+ before the event is up.  On the plus side, this event yields resources out the wazz, I'm pretty stoked about that.  

I'm feeling well stocked for the next Chronicles, I just need to figure out how to find an epic guild to join, well befittingly epic for me I don't want to drag anyone down but I've almost capped my 7*, I have a second 7* if I can level her  fast enough and a full team of 6* . . so epic relative to normal people (  - _-)

Depending on how you define normal people, I would say 7* is the new standard now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GamingPauper

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:01 pm

This thread has been awesome to me, my one stop shop for all answers remotely related to my pursuit of7*. I'm trying to understand how to do the math on a Guild event.

Last Guild event, the 7* for Indi GP was 45,000,000, right? My attacks were netting like 27,000 (though my team sucked back then) Can someone bust down the math for me?

Guild events last 4 days, every time right? 5 battles per day? How many times is your Action Points likely to refill in 1 hour? You can only use 10 Potions per battle right? Plus as many Tonics as you like? What is a rough estimate of what a team of 5 MLB 6* would hit for? (I have 2 7* now but I"m just trying to base line. . )

The simplest math I could do is that the 5 battles a day, over 4 days is 20 battles. . so the goal divided by the number of battles means I would need to score 2,250,000 minimum EVERY battle. . right? Considering some fights are probably tougher with more defense and meat walls blunting your GP gains, and hoping that since it must be possible, an entire undefended round should surpass that by a bit. . what kind of numbers am I looking at so I can know if it is in the realm of my possibility?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tasaiomar
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:32 pm

Okay, so GW math. GW is usually 3 or 4 days. If it's 3 days, the GP 7* is usually 35,000,000. 4 days moves that to 45,000,000. Sometime they sneak in one extra battle by ending the previous event early. Either way, you're looking at averaging just over 2,000,000 per battle (average, not minimum). To get here, you can use up to 10 potions per battle (provided you have them) and as many tonics as you want (provided you can afford them).

To save on some math, I'm assigning some required reading:
http://www.fantasicaunofficial.com/t11044-guild-points-gained-per-base-hit

Yeah, I know it's my own work. The point is that your path will be significantly easier with an EU, even just the 4*. Use that equation to figure out exactly how many GP you'll get each time you hit the base. My rough guess though, a team of MLB 6* should get at least 35,000 GP per base hit from the front row. That's a tough road, needing about 1000 base hits, but let's break it down: assume your guild is giving the maximum items per fight, and that you wait for one points regen tick per potion/tonic used giving you 5 attacks per potion/tonic. That's 200 pots over 15 fights, but you start at full, so you really need 150 pots and 35 tonics. This ignores a few things, but also assumes your guild can get you to the base reliably. Unless you can get more tonics than this (either through purchase or rewards), I would advise against trying it. If you do, ALWAYS use all 10 pots, even if you aren't getting base hits, but ONLY use the tonics to get base hits on the easy fights.

Just for comparison, I'm going to show you the numbers with 4 MLB 6* and a fresh EU 4*. That will boost your damage to 45,000. This means you're only looking at 156 pots worth of base attacks. Using the tonics wisely, and with a decent guild helping you out, you have a shot. Thanks to tradelock though, I can't say what it will take to get an EU 4*, nor do I know if you're willing/able to spend to get one. Once GW starts and the packs are announced is usually when I make that decision.

Sorry if the numbers aren't quite as rosy as you'd like. Please, figure out the arena attack of your 5 strongest units. I assumed an average arena attack of 125,000 for MLB 6*, but your team might be better. Over 1000 attacks, even a small change in base numbers can make a difference.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GamingPauper

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:33 am

I am very grateful for your knowledge Tasaiomar, you are always a source of the best info. I don't want rosy numbers, I want to make sure if I'm making a solid investment, a gamble, or straight throwing away my resources.

My first event back after I had quit for so long was the first Chronicles I've ever seen. I was fielding Ooold units. 5* Sonia, 5* Plautia, and some 4*s, none even MLB (Ambrosia wasn't around when I played previously.) That was just late last month. I've already picked up two 7* and a dozen 6* since then.

I plan on fielding an MLB 7* Vontain, 7* Kagura (Kagura is between lvl 150+ and 160 entirely on how kind Leana is with me and my 10k points to spend in her shop trying to get more ambrosia) I have MLB 6* Kaguya, Mage, Pine, and Monica with 6* Coral, Fusil, Izumo, Monomakhia, Tempete, and Ludmila floating in between 120 and MLB.

My line up is a lot better after one month, but if I'm not ready I'm not ready. My attackers could be MLB, so maybe I can give it a go. Hopefully two 7s and 3 6s will hit hard and high. I do have 600 mobo coins so maybe I will get lucky and get the EU, I may hinge the decision on that.

Arena values
Vontain 155,680
Kagura 168,693*
Monica 144,036
Kaguya 131,054
Pine 118,527

Kagura is sitting at a flat lvl 150 right now til I find more Ambrosia, I took the difference, divided by half and assumed she has 168,693 (Somewhere between 148,230 and 189,156) Not sure if that is accurate, hopefully I will get enough ambrosia to be close enough to 189k to estimate it

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tasaiomar
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:16 am

Using just the numbers you listed, you're looking at 37,232 from the front row, so about 188 total pots. You get the free one to start each match, but 150 pots and 23 tonics is still an ideal scenario. Your best friend for this would be a series pack with guaranteed EU for 100 or even 500 coins. If the EU isn't guaranteed, I'd consider waiting for the next time.

The other thing with GW: top scorer for each guild gets 2 4*+ tickets, even for solo guilds. 30 4*+ tickets will get a lot of ambrosia from Leana.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PratzStrike

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:15 pm

Is it worth dropping 20-30k attack value in order to get a unit with a better Arena skill? For instance, I can pick between Fusil (145k, Slow) or Orpheus (118k, Stone Breath). Which one is better?

EDIT: And am I right in thinking that skills valuable in Arena are valuable here? What are the skills I should be looking for?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tasaiomar
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:31 am

You are right in your thinking, but wrong in your strategy for this purpose. Arena skills help when you're fighting the other players, but if you want a shot at the 7*, you need to mostly avoid the other players and only attack the base. In this, arena damage is the only factor. If you were trying to win fights, you'd absolutely be right though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GamingPauper

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:40 am

So it is definately 35,000,000 . . so I am saying 35m divided by 15 battles (5 per day, 3 days) it wants me to score 2.333,333 per battle. . is that right? taking that down by 37k tells me I need 63 attacks. . or 15 heals?I did get the 4* EU but haven't been able to equip this battle. . our moral sucks, 540 so my heals odn't give me even four full swings.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lucentSwallowtail
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:49 am

GamingPauper wrote:
So it is definately 35,000,000 . . so I am saying 35m divided by 15 battles (5 per day, 3 days) it wants me to score 2.333,333 per battle. . is that right? taking that down by 37k tells me I need 63 attacks. .  or 15 heals?I did get the 4* EU but haven't been able to equip this battle. . our moral sucks, 540 so my heals odn't give me even four full swings.

You can get souls to boost morale through Leana's Exchange Shop (the 4* tickets work well, and everytime you get Leana's own card, just feed it right back to her for a "re-pull"). She gives out souls five at a time. This method definitely beats quest grinding. If everyone pitches in this way, you'll get to max morale in no-time. Anyway, if anyone is doing anything seriously this GW, you'll waste less resources if you go in with max morale. Besides, what are you doing with your 4* tickets, anyway? Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tasaiomar
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:57 am

If you're going to do this, you need to deal with morale first. There's just too many points tied up in that. Fortunately, you can get souls everywhere: Training, Quests, Leana, and GW rewards. I'm lazy, so I mostly go to Leana. The first one is always hardest though.

Your math is right, but get that EU into your lineup. You'll be getting closer to 50k then, and it will really make it look easier. Also, you're going to have tough fights that you won't be able to hit the base, or something else will go wrong. I prefer to think of it as 10 fights where you need 3.5 mil, which will be about 70 attacks per fight (once you add the EU to your lineup, taking out the weakest link). Consider the other fights to be your breathing room.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lucentSwallowtail
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:10 am

Major update: Leana's shop is closed now =/ Say what? >.< Quest grinding for souls? I'm out. Will post on Current Events [Public] guild wars page as well
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tasaiomar
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:29 am

Yeah, they screwed up the rewards that Leana was handing out. I find it odd that they're so adamant about taking back what they gave out when it's pretty clear no one abusing the bug for the sake of the bug, we were going for souls.

Now we all get to grind quests and training. This is going to be a bigger pain than it needed to be.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tattycoram
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:40 am

I pulled from Leana store this morning before work mostly for the Ambro for my new monster, and saw she was handing out SSL instead of SSS. Have they taken back everything that was pulled from the store today, or just the SSL, or are they just closing the shop temporarily?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ggorrell77
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:49 am

Thats frustrating. I was planning on hitting the shop this evening for some ambro. I used to have a lot of excess, but all the new 6*s in the last few events drained my ambro supply. Guess I will have to wait until the shop opens back up to max out my new monster.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PratzStrike

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:15 am

yeaaaah. I might have had a great morning. started by pulling the 8* from the 100 coin starter pack, and then followed it up by pulling 200+ souls and 100+ amb and SSL from Leana before they shuttered the shop. Only problem now is finding feeders to stuff down the 8*'s throat fast enough.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tasaiomar
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:32 am

It looks like they're taking back the SSL (my guess is they gave out a LOT of it while people were going for souls), but other than that congrats! You shouldn't have any trouble getting the GP 7* with the EU 8*.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GamingPauper

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:53 am

Tasaiomar your info is still rock solid. I did pick up a 4* EU, not as lucky as some here apparently. .but I jest. My atk did boost to 51k. My team is full, even has two rooks, and 8 of them showed up this second battle. My first battle I didn't have the EU and I only hit 200k, but the second battle I blasted past 300k. Your warning about tougher battles is something I Was thinking about. If all my effort is gonna put us in steep competition. . but since I seem to be the only one going this Haam I was hoping the others would pull us back into a less competitive bracket. . if it works that way?

I had come to ask what the deuce about Leana, I was going to try to cap my 8 star at 100, already got it to 88 but ran out of Amb. . but I read what that was about. Also, What is the symbol that represents 600 action points worth of morale? Its kind of my min, first round we only had 540, hated using my potions for not even 4 full attacks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GamingPauper

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:27 pm

I forgot to ask, but Maniac mode, is that really a thing?

Maniac Mode will be unlocked at these timings. (in PDT/PST)

0:00 - 0:30
5:00 - 5:30
10:00 - 10:30
16:00 - 16:30
20:00 - 20:30

. . . what is even one of these time in EST? I'll figure out the rest, I feel like I am missing it, like the 1000 one should have been 1300 my time, but I Didn't see it, dont' even know where to see it. I"d like to catch the 1600 but not sure when it will be. . .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tasaiomar
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:29 pm

I'm not sure, but my guess is that 600 would be the one up arrow symbol.  That's just a guess, as I usually try to fill it up.  It may be particularly relevant this time without Leana's shop around.  One up arrow should be comparatively easy to reach, particularly with a full and active guild.  I agree that you want to be at least to that level for each fight.

Don't worry about Manic Mode. Last GW, there was a simultaneous Mina's Trials event. Related to Mina's Trials there was a special set of quests only open for 30 minutes immediately following each GW battle. There doesn't appear to be a Manic Mode during this GW.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GamingPauper

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:19 pm

The even thread quoted the maniac mode as rewarding tonics and 5* tickets so I was just thinking heck ya, anything that takes the edge off my pot burn and possible returns some resources to my pool. . but if there is none there is none. That is too bad.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GamingPauper

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:40 pm

Is the game down right now? Related to the whole Leana shop maybe?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tasaiomar
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:42 pm

Normally when they're down for maintenance, we get a maintenance screen. This time, I just plain cannot connect to their servers. I have no idea if the two issues are related (and I didn't even know if it was a client or server side connection issue).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Today at 7:52 pm

Back to top Go down

How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next