HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 
 

 How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
GamingPauper



Join date : 2012-09-21
Posts : 90

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:23 pm

My brain must have fuzzed over the Stud mode having only 5 enemies as being fast forward. . . Is it just me or is this Pop rediculous? Compared to last, last was four days long, series pack for guaranteed EU. . 1 mil required for 7*. This time around it is 3 day long, step up series with EU scarce. . and its 1.5 mil to get the 7*? How does that make sense? When guild wars is 15 battles instead of 20 battles it is 35 mil instead of 45 mil. . that makes sense. . this feels messed up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
po1102
War Hero [Rare]


Join date : 2012-09-18
Posts : 1685

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:49 pm

GamingPauper wrote:
My brain must have fuzzed over the Stud mode having only 5 enemies as being fast forward. . .  Is it just me or is this Pop rediculous? Compared to last, last was four days long, series pack for guaranteed EU. . 1 mil required for 7*.  This time around it is 3 day long, step up series with EU scarce. . and its 1.5 mil to get the 7*?  How does that make sense? When guild wars is 15 battles instead of 20 battles it is 35 mil instead of 45 mil. . that makes sense. . this feels messed up.

Fanta is anything but sensical or predictable lol. They do whatever they like, spawning bugs here and there as a bonus.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GamingPauper



Join date : 2012-09-21
Posts : 90

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:33 am

Tasaiomar, are you still following this thread? Hit me with some sage advice on the current Pop event. Its beast mode, at least the numbers seemed to have been a typo and they brought them down. . but What are the milestones looking like on this one with 3 days, 250k per princess, and 800k for the 7*?

Considering that EU4 is what I Am stuck at. . I saw someone offering 350 pure for a 6*, kind of sucks, I feel like Pop should always be a series pack. . . Where do I have to be day 3 before I hit my burn, and how many stud mode items are available this event?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roanmarvel
☆☆☆☆


Join date : 2013-12-18
Posts : 596

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:15 pm

GamingPauper wrote:
Tasaiomar, are you still following this thread?  Hit me with some sage advice on the current Pop event.  Its beast mode, at least the numbers seemed to have been a typo and they brought them down. . but What are the milestones looking like on this one with 3 days, 250k per princess, and 800k for the 7*?

Considering that EU4 is what I Am stuck at. . I saw someone offering 350 pure for a 6*, kind of sucks, I feel like Pop should always be a series pack. . .  Where do I have to be day 3 before I hit my burn, and how many stud mode items are available this event?

The rules are exactly the same as last time, so you can just look at what he and others posted before and scale he values down a bit.

The rivalry penalty is unchanged too so the calculations / defense are even the same.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GamingPauper



Join date : 2012-09-21
Posts : 90

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:42 pm

The changes don't seem proportionate at all. We lost an entire day, 24 hours, and the required points to pick up the 6* only dropped by 50,000. . .not to mention the stud mode items don't seem as bountiful but maybe I am just not unlocking as many with my crappy 4* EU. Is it even possible with a 4*, all the grinding in the world doesn't seem to be closing the gap, and I don't think others are doing much better. I am ranked 300 and I don't feel like I am in position to even unlock one of the 6*, nonetheless the 7*. . .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sandork



Join date : 2014-09-03
Posts : 26

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:49 pm

This popularity event just seems like an uphill battle in terms of the free goodies. It's like they didn't want a repeat of the last one

I'll be lucky enough to just get one of the princesses at this point. Contemplating whether to use any of my 179 pot p's..

Back to top Go down
View user profile
po1102
War Hero [Rare]


Join date : 2012-09-18
Posts : 1685

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:18 am

GamingPauper wrote:
The changes don't seem proportionate at all.  We lost an entire day, 24 hours, and the required points to pick up the 6* only dropped by 50,000. . .not to mention the stud mode items don't seem as bountiful but maybe I am just not unlocking as many with my crappy 4* EU. Is it even possible with a 4*, all the grinding in the world doesn't seem to be closing the gap, and I don't think others are doing much better.  I am ranked 300 and I don't feel like I am in position to even unlock one of the 6*, nonetheless the 7*. . .

It's not that bad, considering last time I got eu 6* half a day into the event and still earned enough for kagura 1 day early; then I played about half a day more for all the 6*s. With eu 4* however... let's just say if you can't get good eus in pop event you should just skip it. I'm taking a break this event and it feels great.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GamingPauper



Join date : 2012-09-21
Posts : 90

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:52 am

I don't think I"ve hit my 15 6* goal for in case a legion event comes up because I've never been in one. . . plus I"m just stupid competitive when it comes to overcoming challenges. I think I"m just looking for a definitive answer like No, iets not remotely possible with a 4*. . I keep telling myself if I grind out enough jelly beans, and I dump them all on Stud mode 4th princess. . I'll get a big boost. I am sitting at 300 beans right now. . stupid 4th princess is being rare, I think I've seen her 11 or 12 times
Back to top Go down
View user profile
po1102
War Hero [Rare]


Join date : 2012-09-18
Posts : 1685

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:02 pm

GamingPauper wrote:
I don't think I"ve hit my 15 6* goal for in case a legion event comes up because I've never been in one. . . plus I"m just stupid competitive when it comes to overcoming challenges.  I think I"m just looking for a definitive answer like No, iets not remotely possible with a 4*. . I keep telling myself if I grind out enough jelly beans, and I dump them all on Stud mode 4th princess. . I'll get a big boost.  I am sitting at 300 beans right now. . stupid 4th princess is being rare, I think I've seen her 11 or 12 times

Well you don't need all 15 units in legion, best and cheapest I think is having 4 Vlad and another unit with kb and arena skill that boosts normal attack then go faceroll land fields.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GamingPauper



Join date : 2012-09-21
Posts : 90

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:46 pm

I'm not sure I follow. . you are using 4 different/same Vlads? atk boost like Izumo?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
po1102
War Hero [Rare]


Join date : 2012-09-18
Posts : 1685

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:59 am

GamingPauper wrote:
I'm not sure I follow. . you are using 4 different/same Vlads?  atk boost like Izumo?  

Doesn't seem like you have played legion. This event utilizes normal skills, and Knockback is the best skill to have in legion, 2nd best is probably aa. Arena skills, though not used, are converted to some kinds of stat boost. For example: Double-triple-quad-penta attack, incinerate, etc boost normal attack power; iron wall, defense order, etc boost defense. Also, speed doesn't matter, so you need pure stat powerhouse. That's why Vlad is great. He has knockback, he has very high land attack that most 7*s should envy, and he's dirt cheap. Though I suggested 4 Vlads and another kb with boost, I never actually had that many Vlads to test it out so you can very well try 5 Vlads.

So why 5 instead of 15? Though the tactical jumbos may have fooled you otherwise, most of the times you should leave it to auto attack to kill stuff fast and efficiently. Auto attack randomly selects 5 out of the max 15 of your units to attack. If you only have 5, those 5 will always be chosen to attack. So by selecting the best 5 units only for your team your damage output will always be maximum. And what's the catch you may ask? Your "special" (but pretty useless)  attack will be weaker but you will never use it anyway. Clearly fanta staff put "a lot" of work into this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sandork



Join date : 2014-09-03
Posts : 26

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:42 pm

For GW 6/7* grinding, should I not bother without any EU?

I've read the posts regarding the previous GW and point farming. I have a decent team of 7/6 and about 140 (P) to spare.

Also seems like this event is less generous with the reward tonics =/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GamingPauper



Join date : 2012-09-21
Posts : 90

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:24 pm

I haven't actually caught a legion. . I missed it when I originally played in 2012, and only came back a month or two ago haven't seen one. . and Sandork, my experience last Guild War, I had a 4* EU, and I hit my mark burning 90+ pots and every single tonic I got on battle 11 (had two or three battles of frustrating resistance that cut my gains to 1 mil in one battle, low 2 mil in the others) since a 4* from what I heard increases gains by 50%. . and I made it to the goal in 11 battles, if I didn't have that 50% I wouldn't have made it, or it would have been powerful close/luck based. . but choice is yours.

I just went for the last popularity contest hard core. . with just a 4* . . I farmed around 400 beans, trained as much as possible. . missed getting a single princess and the 4th princess 6*s by 40k . . . I don't think I wanna try anymore for any event without a EU for anything short of a small goal (low level rewards)

But that is just my personal experience/opinion
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PratzStrike



Join date : 2014-08-26
Posts : 19

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:13 am

Yeah. Eu 4* is... puny. It's a bonus over and above what most events need, but it's not a big one - at least, it's becoming not enough of a bonus to make it worthwhile for most of the good rewards. Instead of working incredibly hard and still not having a chance, you can work incredibly hard and -maybe- get a reward.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aikendoe
☆☆


Join date : 2013-04-14
Posts : 231

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:31 am

Any insight on clash ranking? One player said he ranked for 7* by farming master and burning lightly. Not sure if he/she mentioned anything about having an eu. Would love to hear a word from clash rankers. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pinion



Join date : 2012-10-15
Posts : 65

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:56 am

aikendoe wrote:
Any insight on clash ranking? One player said he ranked for 7* by farming master and burning lightly. Not sure if he/she mentioned anything about having an eu. Would love to hear a word from clash rankers. Thanks.

Ranking in Clash is as they said. If you're looking to rank/farm tomes/medals then you're going to want to do strictly Master battles.

Burning "lightly" is a rather relative term though. I barely made rank first Clash and burned a little over 300 TE. Second Clash I burned around 120TE and ranked 46th. Mind you this is atop of working on a schedule that revolved around CP refill windows and both occasions were done without EUs.

Ranking for the 7 this event looks to be more generous, plus the 7 medal reward I think is easily obtainable by anyone who is willing to put in the time and has a decent TE(P) stash.

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blossominglotus



Join date : 2014-10-01
Posts : 29

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:21 pm

Now is it better to farm medals in master or rook? Since you have more battles to do in rook, does that mean there is more of a chance to get chest drops? Or does master battles have a better drop rate overall so that's why its more worth it? There has been talk of both on the forums and I would like to know which one has a higher drop rate so I can get more medals. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aikendoe
☆☆


Join date : 2013-04-14
Posts : 231

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:47 pm

Higher difficulties seem to affect chest content, not drop rate. So on average farming low diff should earn more medals due to sheer number of battles. Also u can save some te by doing low diff to trigger legendary. Personaly im settled with adept-vet scheme.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blossominglotus



Join date : 2014-10-01
Posts : 29

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:07 pm

Thanks for your input. Doing rook only pretty much and its going fairly well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Today at 9:22 pm

Back to top Go down
 
How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Similar topics
-
» Sculpting Training, tips..
» Masq's Breeding and EV Training Center (OPEN)
» EV Training explanation please
» EV training
» The Dog Training Club jacket!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Fantasica :: Game Discussion-
Jump to: