HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
ggorrell77
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:43 pm

I am also unable to log into the game. Seems to be a network error.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lucentSwallowtail
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:42 pm

I forgot to mention one thing about getting the GP7 for GW. By now, you must realize the importance of base hits with an EU. With that said, it's not only possible but common to negotiate wins/defense down. Is it "dirty?" Perhaps. But it works. Anyhoo, before battle, players usually reach out to allies asking for info on the teams they will be facing. If you can't figure it out beforehand, trying to kik the opponents' IGN (in-game name as it's revealed during battle) may work as well. But you'd have to be doing this while fighting. Also, not everyone's IGN is their kik ID, so you could also be setting yourself up for minor embarrassment. Finally, some players just "understand" the (somewhat) unspoken rules of if-my-defense-is-purposefully-down-then-yours-should-be-too. Again, all this would be easier to guarantee or at least arrange if you can find the opposing team's member(s) to talk to before the battle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GamingPauper

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:51 pm

I missed a kik from someone request a defense down by thirty minutes, would have come in handy they significantly outclassed us. . It is definitely a good pointer. One fight we were so out classed by the other team, but I still pulled 2 mil because they let us. . another fight ONE single player was trollolollin with small defense teams the entire fight, I missed my per battle goal by 1.3 million thanks to him.

I kinda wish EVERYone would always do that, if you can't beat the opponent by out dmging their base, you probably aren't going to skew the results with your defense. And if you're uber powerful already, and earning like double your opponents BT per attack because you got an 8* EU. . its kind of mean to set around with your 5 other 8* on defense ( -_-)

That being said, I scored the 7* first battle this morning, with four battles to spare, and having only used a little over 100 Pot(p)s. . good trade off I say. One thing I did benefit from, I had one easy match midway through, absolutely no fight put up whatsoever, and luckily 30 tonics sitting around, good time to burn em I pulled more than 9 mil that one single battle. Beats spreading them out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lucentSwallowtail
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:28 pm

GamingPauper wrote:
I missed a kik from someone request a defense down by thirty minutes, would have come in handy they significantly outclassed us. . It is definitely a good pointer.  One fight we were so out classed by the other team, but I still pulled 2 mil because they let us.  . another fight ONE single player was trollolollin with small defense teams the entire fight, I missed my per battle goal by 1.3 million thanks to him.

I kinda wish EVERYone would always do that, if you can't beat the opponent by out dmging their base, you probably aren't going to skew the results with your defense.  And if you're uber powerful already, and earning like double your opponents BT per attack because you got an 8* EU. . its kind of mean to set around with your 5 other 8* on defense ( -_-)  

That being said, I scored the 7* first battle this morning, with four battles to spare, and having only used a little over 100 Pot(p)s. . good trade off I say.  One thing I did benefit from, I had one easy match midway through, absolutely no fight put up whatsoever, and luckily 30 tonics sitting around, good time to burn em I pulled more than 9 mil that one single battle.  Beats spreading them out.

Congratulations! Yea, I feel bad about forgetting to mention the negotiation aspect of GW. Tasai was doing such a good job of explaining everything, I didn't feel any urgent need to contribute. Oops! ^^ Anyway, I hope that others who are hoping to do well in the game take notice of this thread. In the past, we've had players who were frustrated, because they believed that only spenders could get anything good while free-players and low-spenders get zilch. I would say your case, as well as many others' cases (including mine), prove otherwise. =) Yay, this thread!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GamingPauper

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:51 pm

I'm definately aimin for minimal expendature. This thread has been an awesome guideline for what I can get, and what I can't get. I'm stoked to have traded in so many untradeable pots for an untradable 7*. . now I just need to know how to monopolize on all my TE(p)

With events like colo where it is requesting clear area 6, get some uber character. . . Rough guess, how many TE would it take with a 6* EU?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GamingPauper

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:07 am

I think the the Event is all done now. . I think I Got my 7* for less than 100 Pot(p) (I heard there was a tonic bug? didn't even realize 'smoke em if you got em')

I had a ponderance. . is it just me, or is it easier to get the 7* from a chronicle than it is to get the 6* from the victory count?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PratzStrike

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:29 am

I had someone troll my team with the 1 defense unit thing. I messaged them afterwards about it and they apologized, chalking it up to 'maximum defense with minimum output in tonic and potion'. I'm pretty sure they're just jerks, but I was polite to them ingame. I dunno. I think it's a dick move in any case, and sort of turns me off of guild wars as a whole (along with 'I'm awesome, but my guild sucks, so we get pwnt'.) In any case, I got my 7* (woo drawing an 8* on 100g) and I can move on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lucentSwallowtail
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:51 am

GamingPauper wrote:
I'm definately aimin for minimal expendature.  This thread has been an awesome guideline for what I can get, and what I can't get.  I'm stoked to have traded in so many untradeable pots for an untradable 7*. . now I just need to know how to monopolize on all my TE(p)  

With events like colo where it is requesting clear area 6, get some uber character. . .  Rough guess, how many TE would it take with a 6* EU?

For colo, it's impossible to get the Area 6 8* with just one 6* EU.  One of my allies got Bandia with 2 EU 6*s in addition to the EU 4* (I forget if it was one or two 4*s), but he had to grind the entire time and use a lot of TE--far more than one would with an EU7.  Unfortunately, I don't remember the ballpark TE amount with that kind of team (two 6* EUs and one 4* EU).  For reference, Area 6 alone for the Bandia event was 4,000,000 points, and the event ran for two days.  This 4m doesn't include Areas 1-5 that you must clear first to even move through Area 6.  Hopefully someone who actually got Bandia can give some input as well.

GamingPauper wrote:
I think the the Event is all done now. . I think I Got my 7* for less than 100 Pot(p)  (I heard there was a tonic bug?  didn't even realize 'smoke em if you got em')  

I had a ponderance. . is it just me, or is it easier to get the 7* from a chronicle than it is to get the 6* from the victory count?

Haha, no, it's not just you.  =)  The victory 6* has consistently been more difficult to achieve than the individual GP reward.  

PratzStrike wrote:
I had someone troll my team with the 1 defense unit thing. I messaged them afterwards about it and they apologized, chalking it up to 'maximum defense with minimum output in tonic and potion'. I'm pretty sure they're just jerks, but I was polite to them ingame. I dunno. I think it's a dick move in any case, and sort of turns me off of guild wars as a whole (along with 'I'm awesome, but my guild sucks, so we get pwnt'.) In any case, I got my 7* (woo drawing an 8* on 100g) and I can move on.

Were the trying to go for the win?  The only reason anyone should be remotely concerned about defense is if they're going for win counts.  If they just need GP, it's in both parties' interest to allow base hits.  I suppose a very minor exception is if you're preventing someone from taking your GP rank spot.  In order for this exception to be the case, one would need to know the rankings of the two battling teams and the other teams in that approximate rank to even have a logical guess at if this would be beneficial for you.  I find this latter situation to be highly unlikely.  If they weren't going for the win, then there's no good reason to one-man defense someone.  *shrug*  And you wouldn't be the only person who's turned off by GW.  Many players use this time as hibernation mode.  =)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PratzStrike

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:45 am

Well, they went for the win by means of about 8 million points, so... I think they were trying to rank or something, but it was a massive beating.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GamingPauper

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:22 pm

Thanks for the information Lucent. I pull some card packs for some events, I think coins are less of an issue for me than time. I think I'd just take drawing an 8* eu as a sign from above to double down. I need to work on my feederstorehouse incase I ever do that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GamingPauper

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:56 pm

Is there a point at which buying an uber card for pure is not as good of an investment as dumping said pure into events and winning your own 7* ? I was eyeballing the list of 7* for a magic user since I have a melee and two range in my 7* collection. . stopped on Dormir. No particularly strong desire to possess her, seems cool enough to me. . but 300 pure? I picked up Kagura myself and prolly broke even for the pure spent from the pure the Summer's Last Kiss event pumped out for progress. I picked up Sigrid during the last Chronicles for less than 100 potions.

I want to progress my collection efficiently and balance my team progression to stay competitive. . but I'm not exactly banking that kind of pure, I'm somewhere in the range of 60/60 te/pot. I think I'd have a tear in my eye if I had to drop 300 when I finally got that much in one single exchange. . .

That is a bit rambly. . and possibly unrelated. But back on topic. In the month since I've been back, I think the Popularity event was indeed the easiest for me to pick up a 7*. I liked Dice a lot, got a ton of resources, but I didn't monopolize well. I wasted both my uber dice. I wanted Gilgamesh bad, never saw a chest with over 100. Eventually in the final hour of the event I used my Come On 4, and my last dice to see how it works. . 400 move points, now I know how people clear way more levels than me. I only made it through 250 of the 400 move points before time ran out. . I wasn't anticipating it at all. Good thing to learn. . . but I digress.

To my question of the day, I like Clash events a lot. I like getting use out of my wide and balanced team, and I like getting a metric ton of EXP and phat loot. . I'd like to place in the next one, because why not. How do you even go about doing it? Lets pretend I can take the highest level match up outside of the Legendary path. . Master level, my memory is fuzzy, didn't it take 4 CP? What is the best way to monopolize on it when Legendary path opens at you're using event items to restore CP. . you only get 1 shot on it, do you do one of the 2CP costing matches along side the 4 before using the next regen? Or is it better to do two 3 CP battles? And how the heck to you pick up the 7* for exchange tokens? Tomes in the last Clash I think, they don't seem to drop in the quantity required. . unless they drop in larger and more common bundles if you're clearing Master and Legendary?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
po1102
War Hero [Rare]

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:08 pm

GamingPauper wrote:
Is there a point at which buying an uber card for pure is not as good of an investment as dumping said pure into events and winning your own 7* ?  I was eyeballing the list of 7* for a magic user since I have a melee and two range in my 7* collection. . stopped on Dormir.  No particularly strong desire to possess her, seems cool enough to me. . but 300 pure?  I picked up Kagura myself and prolly broke even for the pure spent from the pure the Summer's Last Kiss event pumped out for progress.  I picked up Sigrid during the last Chronicles for less than 100 potions.  

I want to progress my collection efficiently and balance my team progression to stay competitive. . but I'm not exactly banking that kind of pure, I'm somewhere in the range of 60/60 te/pot.  I think I'd have a tear in my eye if I had to drop 300 when I finally got that much in one single exchange. . .  

That is a bit rambly. . and possibly unrelated.  But back on topic.  In the month since I've been back, I think the Popularity event was indeed the easiest for me to pick up a 7*.  I liked Dice a lot, got a ton of resources, but I didn't monopolize well.  I wasted both my uber dice.  I wanted Gilgamesh bad, never saw a chest with over 100.  Eventually in the final hour of the event I used my Come On 4, and my last dice to see how it works. . 400 move points, now I know how people clear way more levels than me.  I only made it through 250 of the 400 move points before time ran out. . I wasn't anticipating it at all.  Good thing to learn. . . but I digress.

To my question of the day, I like Clash events a lot.  I like getting use out of my wide and balanced team, and I like getting a metric ton of EXP and phat loot. . I'd like to place in the next one, because why not.  How do you even go about doing it?  Lets pretend I can take the highest level match up outside of the Legendary path. . Master level, my memory is fuzzy, didn't it take 4 CP?  What is the best way to monopolize on it when Legendary path opens at you're using event items to restore CP. . you only get 1 shot on it, do you do one of the 2CP costing matches along side the 4 before using the next regen?  Or is it better to do two 3 CP battles?  And how the heck to you pick up the 7* for exchange tokens?  Tomes in the last Clash I think, they don't seem to drop in the quantity required. . unless they drop in larger and more common bundles if you're clearing Master and Legendary?

Those untradeable 7*s you can get without spending pures yes, but they are, well, untradeable (meaning you're stuck with it forever or until fanta says otherwise: you can't trade them to make a profit, you can't bank them to make space for other stuff, and god helps you organize your defense when you're stuck with untradeable monsters) and a lot of them have high dc and/or weaker stats than similar tradeable 7*s. Kagura 7 is imo the worst iron wall 7* (but she's soooooo cute so I don't mind), Sigrid is only decent. Eventually, you will upgrade to the tradeable ones. There are other pretty good 7*s that are cheap because of mass pulling; also, check out auctions as 7*s are usually being sold for much cheaper there.

Dice event is cool but if you want to rank you need eu; use the really big dices for movement on bonus boards and kill everything on the way. If you're casual then just save big dices for epic gold chests with high requirements.

As for clash, if you want bt always go for the hardest battle you can comfortably and reliably beat (I think master is the best, legendary is not worth it as the bt is not much higher than master's). The low cp battles give crappy bt. Tomes are verrrry arbitrary and there's no reliable way to earn them (that is unless you spend); ppl say low cp battles are better but I'm not yet convinced; and even then they burned a ton of te to get the tome 7*.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
GamingPauper

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:44 am

I'm a little fuzzy thinking back. Does the path to legend opening improve BT gains or only loot drop? When its open you can only do One round at Master level (4 CP consumed) right? Is that plus a 2 CP still better than two 3 CP?

I'm just trying to bolster my ranks a bit. Any suggestion on what you would consider one of those good and cheap 7* in the magic using category?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GamingPauper

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:02 am

Whats the deal with the Step7 Ticket? I got mine today but it doesn't show up in my inventory. An ally says it cannot be used until after the Oct 10th maintainence. . but I don't see where they found that info. . would hate to miss using it, just wanna know exactly what it is/how it works.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vaati
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:58 am

GamingPauper wrote:
Whats the deal with the Step7 Ticket?  I got mine today but it doesn't show up in my inventory.  An ally says it cannot be used until after the Oct 10th maintainence. . but I don't see where they found that info. . would hate to miss using it, just wanna know exactly what it is/how it works.

Check the reason in the apropriate thread.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GamingPauper

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:59 pm

A solid redirect, thank you Vaati.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GamingPauper

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:31 pm

Vaati, coincidentally I browsed about to your market place, and your wishlist, and your spill on Reinhard. . . I don't know much about units an HP since it doesn't really show up directly to my knowledge? Or for that matter how to judge a unit in other situations. . . Like guild wars, is the guild power they bring = to their Arena value or something else? And how much hp do they really have? I just assumed the high CP units had more hp but I have no idea really.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pinion

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:17 am

GamingPauper wrote:
I'm a little fuzzy thinking back.  Does the path to legend opening improve BT gains or only loot drop?  When its open you can only do One round at Master level (4 CP consumed) right?  Is that plus a 2 CP still better than two 3 CP?  

Path to Legend only improves loot drop rate.

As for Clash events I may have some pointers for you:

• When CP is maxed (6) I find it most efficient to do a Master Battle (4 CP), wait 30 minutes to regain 2CP and then Master Battle again. Wait a hour to refill and repeat. The Time:BT Gain ratio here dwarfs any BT you would gain doing Master(4)+Adept(2).

• Before doing anything, preset your teams and supports. This will save you time when it matters (ie: Path of Legend is open). If you can manage it I suggest you make your team presets as follows:
Team 1.) All Melee
Team 2.) All Missile
Team 3.) All Magic
Team 4.) Miscellaneous  

• Don't burn TE/Brews until Path to Legend opens. Upon opening use this as your opportunity to try and farm as many Tomes as possible. Select your difficulty, select the preset team that best handles the featured opposing team, hit battle and "Skip" while selecting supports. Lather, rinse repeat. During this time if burning TE I suggest you strictly select Master Battle (4CP/2TE), but only if you're confident you can beat the opposing team on the first go. If burning Brews then go the Master(4)+Adept(2) route to get the most bang for your buck. The key here is speed.

• Don't overlook the "Assist" option. Nice and painless way to get free Tomes.

Finally understand that Tomes are purely a luck related drop and that Path to Legend helps push the odds in your favor. Don't get discouraged if you have a bad haul (50~100 Tomes) as the next time may have a huge payoff (personal best 5,000+). Just be aware that there are risks involved and even if you go for rank you're not guaranteed the Tome 7 reward (although your odds are higher). Last Clash I know of two individuals who got Denaile, but never obtained Est.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vaati
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:26 am

GamingPauper wrote:
Vaati, coincidentally I browsed about to your market place, and your wishlist, and your spill on Reinhard. . . I don't know much about units an HP since it doesn't really show up directly to my knowledge?  Or for that matter how to judge a unit in other situations. . . Like guild wars, is the guild power they bring = to their Arena value or something else?  And how much hp do they really have?  I just assumed the high CP units had more hp but I have no idea really.

Er... i apologize, but i have't updated my marketplace in a really long time. So that info is outdated.

Currently all of my dreamcards have been obtained ... save a 8*, or any 8* for that matter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GamingPauper

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:38 pm

The question was more about the concept of hero units having HP, because I Don't generally see those numbers, so I have no idea which units are tougher on. I just assumed their HP correlated with their arena value or combined stats or something simple.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roanmarvel
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:27 pm

There are different theories for how HP is calculated (if it isn't just assigned by the devs that is), none seem particularly convincing to me. Especially given how differently 6* and 7* units vary by HP.

In any case, hp is calculated from poison and incinerate damage or just watching how much damage they take before dying to get loose range. The results are collated in the research lab sub-forum. Which funny enough, Vaati maintains the current thread on HP values.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GamingPauper

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:56 pm

I'll have to go find that thread I am curious to find out more. On a side note. . This current event (Mandragora Mania!) has been very kind to me. Ample uber boss beat downs has capped many of my new units. I wanted some opinions. Aquilus vs Monomakhia. . . GO! But seriously. I was just comparing the two, picked both of from gifting events, 5000 gifts each. .Both melee, same range, both do poison as a base, though their arena skills differ. Aquilius is half the deploy cost, but a higher Arena value. . . I don't really get how the stats go some times. Can I expect Mono to have any kind of redeeming statistics I am over looking?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PratzStrike

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:32 pm

Triple Attack from Mono triggers often enough to make her a significantly better attacker than Aqui, but Iron Wall will make it so that Aqui doesn't give a damn about a lot of attacks. I wouldn't use Mono unless I had to simply because of her deploy cost, but between the two I'd give Mono a slot in my backup group for Triple if I didn't have someone like Lluvia for Quad.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GamingPauper

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:56 am

Is there no skip button during the princess defend battles this popularity event? ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
po1102
War Hero [Rare]

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:21 am

There was never a skip button in popularity event lol, or any event with questing element.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Today at 7:09 pm

Back to top Go down

How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next