HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
xxNibs

PostSubject: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:29 am

I'm thinking of trying to get the shard/pin/ect. 7★ in a training event, but I'm not exactly sure how to. So I'd like to know how you guys get them. Also some few questions:

1. How much pots do you use to get them?

2. Do you have to spend?

3. Would you need an EU?

4. How much free time do I need?

5. Is it worth it or should I just try ranking?
So far the best event I rank in is GW but I doubt that I'll make top 10.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tasaiomar
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:30 pm

I'm going to start by warning you that you picked (in my opinion) the worst possible event to try for the non-rank 7*, but I'll answer your questions with respect to the Training events.  I'm going to answer them out of order because I think the answers make a little more sense that way.

Quote :

The non-rank 7* from training tend to be some of the best in the game, but the good news ends there.  They also tend to be the hardest to get.  I don't think you'll be able to get the non-rank 7* without also ranking.

Quote :
3. Would you need an EU?

More good news!  The EU does not (to my knowledge) increase the shards you get in training, so if the non-rank 7* is your only goal, you can skip the EU.  However, since I think you'll end up ranking anyway if successful, it wouldn't hurt to consider it.

Quote :
2. Do you have to spend?

These three are all really related.  What I can tell you is that just playing 12+ hours per day the whole event will not even get you halfway there (unless you have ranking allies).  And since so many of your shards come from shared bosses, it's not as simple as just figuring out how many pots would buy you 8 more days worth of training points.  Everyone I know who got Moon had to burn pots and spend money to get her, and they all ranked for Helios as well.

Personally, I have a lot more experience with the non-rank 7* in the other event types, so I can't offer strategy tips for maximizing your Training event.  Hopefully this helped, and not just helped to discourage you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
winterfallen
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:06 pm

it's impossible to get the shard 7* from training without ranking; in fact most people who get the rank 7* will not get the shard 7*.

you actually do need an eu -- maxed bosses in the long run will give you far more shards than the limited boss, especially during fever. if i run into a limited boss during fever i actually run from them because it's a waste of time as they are not affected by the fever bonus. you will also need full assists to take down regular training bosses once you have them leveled up so you'll need very active allies who assist quickly.

minus an eu or with a sleepy ally pool you'll have to spend more. as far as i could tell during the cosmos event, mayyyybe the top 15 in each group got moon, possibly less, and it's really not possible without some spending and a bare minimum of 300-500 pots. i got her at r12 while an ally of mine finished at r9 and did not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xxNibs

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:44 pm

Tasaiomar wrote:
I'm going to start by warning you that you picked (in my opinion) the worst possible event to try for the non-rank 7*, but I'll answer your questions with respect to the Training events.  I'm going to answer them out of order because I think the answers make a little more sense that way.

Quote :

The non-rank 7* from training tend to be some of the best in the game, but the good news ends there.  They also tend to be the hardest to get.  I don't think you'll be able to get the non-rank 7* without also ranking.

Quote :
3. Would you need an EU?

More good news!  The EU does not (to my knowledge) increase the shards you get in training, so if the non-rank 7* is your only goal, you can skip the EU.  However, since I think you'll end up ranking anyway if successful, it wouldn't hurt to consider it.

Quote :
2. Do you have to spend?

These three are all really related.  What I can tell you is that just playing 12+ hours per day the whole event will not even get you halfway there (unless you have ranking allies).  And since so many of your shards come from shared bosses, it's not as simple as just figuring out how many pots would buy you 8 more days worth of training points.  Everyone I know who got Moon had to burn pots and spend money to get her, and they all ranked for Helios as well.

Personally, I have a lot more experience with the non-rank 7* in the other event types, so I can't offer strategy tips for maximizing your Training event.  Hopefully this helped, and not just helped to discourage you.
Which events would be easier to get the 7 start from? I know gifting and and tower(pot) are two of them. Do you have any tips on getting them in other events?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tasaiomar
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:20 pm

With any of the events, you'll need to have time to put into them to minimize the cost, but here are my thoughts on the events I've tried:

Gifting: This is pretty straight-forward to get the non-rank 7* and there are a few strategies. Either have ranking allies that are feeding you gifts 200:10 or buy the gifts that you need beyond what your allies give you. Winter was probably one of the easiest 7* to get in the last gifting.

Training-Tower (pots): I've only seen this event once this year, but getting Pastorus was easier than anticipated. The basic idea was to grind the two regular towers to unlock the special tower. Once in that tower, skip every fight and burn for the available time. Most people could get Pastorus in 2 days with 70-80 pots.

Popularity: This is probably my favorite, for reasons I can't quite explain. With a lot of time, an EU 5*, and maybe 50 pots to burn during stud mode you can usually get the non-rank 7* (4th princess). This is a bit dependent on the length of the event though. A shorter popularity event will make it easier to get the 7*. The advantage of this is that going for the 7* will probably get you a handful of 6* as well.

Legion: I haven't had the opportunity to go for the 7* in legion yet, but I have a number of allies who went for Uno last time. Legion can be frustrating because the bosses don't share with all allies, but buying an EU and playing all the time to catch bosses seemed to be the strategy. The addition of mana pots made this a spend but not burn event last time out though.

Guild: With 10 x # of battles pots, a strong team, and active allies to help clear the way, it's pretty reliable to get the non-rank 7* from guild war. It helps to have a little to spend to get tonics right away that first day though, as those are most likely to be the easy fights that let you roll up the score. I've heard that going solo and losing any fight that shows resistance can work too, but the 9 member reward tonics and rook participation tonics will save you money.

Clash: Spending really just saved TE on this event. I don't know what the best strategy was, but 400-500 TE should have been able to get Thanatos. You can save pots by picking a fight you can win easily, though it would reduse your ability to rank simultaneously. Given that it was a new event, I'd expect the most efficient way to emerge after another event or two.

Dice: If you think you're lucky, then you can try for the gold chest 7* in dice. Find yourself a high-roll or come-on-4 card, save your x10 dice, and land on every gold chest you can. If it takes ~200 roll to open, then you've probably found the 7*. I tried this with Kamu but never found the right chest, though I have an ally who got him this way.

Panel, Training, Raising: I don't think it's possible to get the 7* without significant resource investment and/or spending.

Colo: Last time there was no 7*, just an 8*. It was the most attainable 8*, but it still required a lot of TE and some spending (or some spending allies and some tricks to avoid trade lock).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PratzStrike

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:54 am

I've been following this guide for a while now, and I realized there's an important question that needs asking. What are your average units for an event? I'm working with mostly 6*, with one 7* (Katara, from Tribal Song) and I wanted to know how that affects what you're listing here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lucentSwallowtail
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:22 pm

PratzStrike wrote:
I've been following this guide for a while now, and I realized there's an important question that needs asking. What are your average units for an event? I'm working with mostly 6*, with one 7* (Katara, from Tribal Song) and I wanted to know how that affects what you're listing here.

Hmm, it can make a difference.  Let me try to help (but of course, the more knowledgeable and experience should pipe in ^_^)

Gifting: Depends on how you're getting your gifts.  From ranking allies, your units won't matter so much.  If you're burning TE and grinding out Crisis Quests to PP 200:200 with others, it also doesn't matter as much.  Ideally, you will be able to knock out the third Crisis Quest in each Crisis Hour easily with the combination of your units and your (active) allies' units, but if not, it's actually not that big of a deal.  The second Crisis Quest isn't that much different in gains from the third.  As for the ticket battles, you can make up for the weakness of your units by spending potions (personal or tradeable) to continue the battles and get your "perfect score" bonus.

Training Tower: For the regular towers, your team and allies should be strong enough to beat the mobs (quest-style battling = strategic unit placement helps make the most of your units, if you need to)

Edit: Haha, it looks like Tas beat me to it =D I would agree with everything he/she says and just add the following:

For popularity, if you can't get your hands on a Zhao Yun, another 6* multi-hit unit is Leah (but I think she only gets three hits in). I personally use a combination of Apsara (5* with multi-hit/knockback), a strong area attack unit, and unit with slow. I could probably get away with not using a unit with slow, but I'm a wee bit paranoid. Allies leading Hanzo (7*) are also a big boon. He can solo pretty well for this event.

For legion, you will need a strong team with knockback skills in order to progress through the higher level areas without using too many potions. It just gets too resource intensive using potions to "continue" every encounter on those floors. If you have a ton of potions (and I mean a TON, by all means, knock yourself out, but I wouldn't recommend it due to opportunity costs being so much higher for free and low-spending players).

For clash, if you're choosing to run through rook and adept battles, units don't matter. Those enemies are weak. While I'm at it, I should also mention that I've heard people spending 700+ or more TE to get to Thanatos. I'm not sure about the spending for the current clash event (mage, Est).

I have ranked for Training (Brunela), and as Tas said before, it's highly ally dependent (to pull bosses and quickly help you kill them). I will admit that I probably spent around $40, because it was my first time ranking for a 7* and wanted the backup needles/pins/whatever-they-were-called-that-time.

Hope that helps ^^

Last edited by lucentSwallowtail on Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tasaiomar
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:36 pm

I'm sure that some of what I say will overlap, but I'll try to give my thoughts on each of these.  I'll try to consider the perspective of a full 6* team.

Gifting: Since you got Katara, you have some idea how this is done.  If the free gifts from rankers trend continues, it should be easy.  Traditionally, you need to get a few ranking allies and get them to 501 gifts on the first day.  This will give them the most points possible from sending gifts to you, so they'll help you out the rest of the event.  If you end up a little short, gifts are almost always for sale.  I consider this one of the easiest ways to get a 7*.  Having a better team might save you a pot or two on ticket battles, but this is mostly about having active friends.

Training Tower: The one time I've seen this event was for Pastorus.  There are two towers that you advance through, similar to training, with random bosses along the way and big bosses every 10th floor.  Fighting the random bosses fills a gauge to unlock 5 minutes in a special 3rd tower.  The 7* is at the top of this third tower.  For the 5 minutes it's available, burn pots to keep climbing, and skip every random fight.  They're worth lots of BT if you're ranking, but your goal is only to reach the top.  By using pots only while in the 3rd tower, Pastorus was attainable pretty easily, using 70-80 pots.  The random boss fights are rarely very hard except in the 3rd tower, and you'll be skipping those anyway.  This was a very popular first 7* for people I know.

Popularity: I really like popularity because you get so many cards for your efforts.  It usually takes an EU 5* to get the 7* for the 4th princess.  There are two keys here for how I play it: Grind regular quests to get event items.  The more the better.  And defend every princess for at least the first half of the event.  Don't worry if you aren't keeping up at first, because you'll make most of your points on the last day.  Each princess gives out a lot of items, so you'll want to advance them all as much as possible.  Regarding your team, popularity has (so far) always had a quirk to it: multi-hit units do their full damage every hit.  So while you'll have trouble just using your strongest units, if you pick up a Zhao Yun, he can almost handle the entire event on his own.  Willie is also very good (but also more expensive).

Legion: I haven't taken this event too seriously yet, so I don't have a specific strategy to advise.  I could look up the details and repeat what others are saying, but hopefully someone who has can fill it in.  Having only 6* will make some of the higher level areas much harder.  It will probably cost too many resources to really try this without specializing in one area (think Vlad with his huge Ground/Land attack).

Guild: This is a lot of work, but it's pretty reliable.  You'll need a lot of pots (10 per battle) and a full guild (for the extra tonics that act like pots).  The better team you can field, the easier this will be.  And EU, even a 4*, will substantially increase the points you get too.  Depending on your team, getting an EU might be necessary, but there is almost always a tradelock.  Since arena attack is almost all that matters, you'll want to calculate how many GP you get per base hit.  I posted the formula for that not too long ago in the Game Discussions section.

Clash: The 7* for this takes tomes to purchase.  Getting tomes is a little random, but because there are several difficulty levels to choose from, just pick the level that your team can handle and focus on that.  Burning event items and TE during Legend mode (but not on legend difficulty) will also help.  This will take a lot of effort, as the tome drops are frustratingly random at times.  But with resources it can be done with a very weak team.

Dice: All you need here is a good enough unit to defeat most normal bosses (don't worry, they aren't that hard until higher laps).  Save the dice you get for free and try to find a Come-on-4 or High-roll card.  Once you have that, land on every gold chest you can.  If it takes ~200 to open, you have a very good shot at a 7* inside.  Use your card and your x10 dice and hope for a little luck.  Very random, but better units won't help your odds.

Panel: Quest grinding won't get you enough BT usually.  Most casual players take panel as a break.  There is almost always an enhancement boost, so it's a better chance to use up brave points and clean out your inbox.

Training: Maybe if you have 30 really active allies and focus every possible moment on clearing out the bosses they send you, then maybe this is possible.  But I have great allies and I've never come close.

Raising: This takes more event items than you can get without spending.  A lot.  But the units you have will not affect your success.  Only your wallet.

Colo: This hasn't had a 7* to grind for, but it has had 8* recently.  You will need several EU and lots of resources, but it's the most attainable 8*.  But lets worry about a 7* team first and put that in a different thread.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fairyboy

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:56 pm

sry to interrupt...juz wonder y everyone of u also say using Zhao Yun will be the best unit for the popularity event??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PratzStrike

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:05 pm

Thanks for all your advice guys. I appreciate your time. I wanted to ask though, how long has it been since we saw the dice and training tower events? And what is the Colo event?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tasaiomar
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:33 pm

The reason we recommend Zhao Yun is because he's affordable and great in popularity. Multi hit animations are supposed to deal a fraction of the total damage. In popularity, each hit deals full arena damage. Zhao Yun deals 8 hits worth 150k each! Way more damage than most 8*.

The last time we had a Dice event was June. It was called turtle island trouble, if you want to look it up.

Colo is short for coliseum, and we just had it. The last few have had 6 areas and 4.4 million BT will get you an 8*. You can also fight other players, with rewards up to 100 wins.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PratzStrike

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:29 pm

wanted to make a note for the panel events. If an ally pulls a 7* or 8* and levels them hard, you can abuse that to farm the high level bonus bosses which makes ranking in them considerably easier. Source: doing it right now. wheeeeee
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tasaiomar
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:57 pm

Actually, you can use an ally's EU 4* and do the same thing, it just takes longer. Really, the issue is that everyone interested in ranking for the 7* is going to take on the hardest fight with their free items. The issue is that buying a single 3000 coin pack is good for 20 items (which translates to 220,000 BT). It would take 200 runs of 48-6 (almost 17 hours without TE and perfect grinding) to make up the cost of one pack. Even burning TE continuously, that would take around 5 hours. There just isn't enough time to compete with someone spending money.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PratzStrike

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:58 am

Are there any other units that have multi-hit animations for popularity events? I'm trying to find a Zhao Yun but I don't know if I'll be able to find a unit that old.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tasaiomar
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:37 pm

There are lots of multi-hit animation units, but I'm not sure if there's a good way to track them. They most common ones I see for popularity event are Zhao, Willie and Hanzo. If you have some resources, Hanzo just reprinted recently and should be pretty cheap (for a 7*). I know there have been some released with fewer hits, like Leah, but her 3 hits probably won't win the tough fights on her own.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PratzStrike

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:34 pm

I actually found the list here: http://www.fantasicawiki.com/wiki/Category:Multi-Shot - This might make things a little easier to figure out. I just wish it wasn't so annoyingly hard to know how much Multi-Shot each of them had. Subject for another forum topic?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tasaiomar
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:56 pm

Ahh, memories. Apsara saved me on the first popularity when I (and everyone else) had no idea what I was doing. These are all multi-shot units, but I'm reasonably certain that not all multi-shot units are listed here. Leah I know has three shots, and I'm pretty sure Globus is multi-shot too.

The reason Zhao is so commonly recommended is that he can usually be found for 20-25 TE (date dependant, markets change, but this has been fairly steady in the time I've paid attention). He deals 8 hits, which don't all have to hit the same unit even. If you're using an EU (and I recommend finding an EU 5* if you want to grind for the 7* in popularity), then it's really helpful to have one unit that can ensure a win even if your allies aren't available. You can probably clear any area with a Duelo and Leah combination, but that would leave out your EU.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spacebug
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:51 pm

^ in popularity events, you don't actually have to deploy the EU in the battles, just need to lead it when going through the training levels. The downside of this is that you can't rely on ranking allies since most will lead an underleveled low rarity EU. Because of this reason, it's highly recommended to rely on your own multi hit units. Having an alt also helps a ton :-p
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tasaiomar
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:55 pm

^ Seriously? How did I miss/forget this? I even ranked the last one, deploying Zhao and Hiko every time. I knew everyone led EU for the 4th princess encounter rate, but I guess I assumed you had to deploy to get the love points bonus.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PratzStrike

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:57 pm

I'm doing some testing on my own units, and I'm finding out that Colt does 3 hits with poison stacks. Not a lot, but not bad. I'm hoping to get ahold of a Rethel and investigate her because someone mentioned she might do 8-10 hits.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spacebug
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:40 am

Tasaiomar wrote:
^ Seriously?  How did I miss/forget this?  I even ranked the last one, deploying Zhao and Hiko every time.  I knew everyone led EU for the 4th princess encounter rate, but I guess I assumed you had to deploy to get the love points bonus.

Yep and you can trust me on this because I ranked twice with this event type. I did test it before doing it. Ultimately it can save you time if you only need to deploy 1 unit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PratzStrike

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:35 am

So explain something you mentioned to me, please? You said during these events you earn most of your points during the last day? How does that work, and should I be saving my Stud Mode items for that point?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tasaiomar
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:23 am

The trick to popularity is having the event items available. The key one this time I think is called Spirit Snacks. It's a four day event, so for the first three days, use your free TP in the event and grind as many quests as you can. The regular quests drop the event items, and they'll help a lot later.

Since this is a "grind for the 7*" thread, I'm going to focus on that goal. Defend everyone for the first 3 days. No matter who you defend, the points go toward your total, and none of jealousy losses affect your total. Don't use any of your flowers yet, as you'll want to do Stud mode when you have plenty of resources. Also, waiting until the last day gives you flexibility to change your goal. When the 4th princess requests anything, make sure you give it to her. Give to the other 3 as your resources allow.

So, now you're at the last day (this time, day 3 / Sunday would work too). You have a large pile of snacks and you feel way behind. Look at where you are with each princess and the total. Assuming you have a lower * EU, you'll probably do best by going for stud mode for an individual princess. Because we waited for the last day, you can unlock the flowers from story mode for each princess. Ideally, we'll get each princess to 200k (temporarily at least) to get the 3 flowers from story mode. If we can get each to 250k for the 2 flowers from points reward, all the better. Pick your highest princess and do stud mode for her until you reach 200k. Defend that princess AND the 4th princess (takes longer, but 3x the points). Use all the snacks you can on the 4th princess, and as resources allow on the one you chose. Warning, they will go fast. 100 per stud mode if you use the max. Use pots as needed (I find 1 per stud mode usually this way).

This is already long, so I'll stop there. That's the how-to that I follow. If you have more questions, or want strategy specific to your situation on any given day, I'll be happy to help (but kik might be more appropriate).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PratzStrike

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:02 am

That's really helpful, thank you. One question: Which quest is best for grinding out event loot? I've been sticking with 49-6 because EXP+5 allies, but is there a better one?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tasaiomar
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:09 am

I generally stick to 49-6 as well.  It gives 0-4 of the snacks, whereas most other 5 minute cooldown quests give 0-3.  Mostly just find one you can tolerate grinding Smile.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   Today at 4:57 am

Back to top Go down

How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next