HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Share | 

Few Questions from a Newbie

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lachymae

PostSubject: Few Questions from a Newbie   Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:56 am

Hey guys, I recently started Fantasica (it's been a week or so) and absolutely loving the game so far. I did read the FAQ in here thoroughly and some other guides on google but I still couldn't find answers to some of my questions. Perhaps a veteran can help me about them.

1. How do you pronounce Fantasica?

I am a non-native English speaker and this really bothers me lol. I want to pronounce it correctly. Is it like Fantasicka or Fantacyca or.. maybe like something else?

2. Do any of the 4/5* units have any usage other than being feeders?
    Can an older 4/5* unit become an Event Unit for future events?

I got lots of 4*s and a few 5*s so far (mostly from the 4*+ tickets), will it be okay to use them as feeders for my 6*s?

3. Which events should a newer player focus on?
    Which events are more doable than others for a newbie?

4. I am using iPhone 4 and I am not always able to click the tabs in event->rules. I sometimes need to tap like 20 times on to screen to open one of the tabs and even then it doesn't open always. Is this a known bug or is this happening to me only?

Thanks for reading  cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tasaiomar
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Few Questions from a Newbie   Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:56 pm

Welcome to the forums and to Fantasica.  Glad to hear you're enjoying the game, as it's always fun to welcome in new players.  I'm not a definitive source of information, but I'll try to answer your questions.

Quote :
How do you pronounce Fantasica?

I've always pronounced it Fantasicka.  I'm a native English speaker, but the game designers aren't.  I've honestly never given much consideration to whether I'm pronouncing it correctly or not.

Quote :
Do any of the 4/5* units have any usage other than being feeders?

For most of the cards you can pull using tickets, there isn't much use beyond feeders.  There is one event type called Mina's Trials that will force you to use 5* or lower cards, or even 4* or lower cards, so they can be used for that.  There are also a few cards that people like for vanity reasons, but they aren't the cards you will be able to pull from packs.  They're usually referred to as LE (Limited Edition) cards, and were often event rewards or special event units.

Quote :
Can an older 4/5* unit become an Event Unit for future events?

They CAN, but I wouldn't count on it.  I've only been playing 7 months, but in that time only once were old units turned into event units.  My guess is that only happened because they made a mistake by promising an event unit in every pack, but not having enough new units in the packs.

Quote :
Which events should a newer player focus on?
Which events are more doable than others for a newbie?

This is a difficult question to answer.  My basic answer is that you should try them all and figure out what things you like and what you dislike.  You'll find almost all of the events get easier as you improve.  The best for new players (and most players) in my opinion is Dice.  With a decent 6*, you can clear the early bosses without much trouble, and the lap rewards are quite generous.

Quote :
I am using iPhone 4 and I am not always able to click the tabs in event->rules. I sometimes need to tap like 20 times on to screen to open one of the tabs and even then it doesn't open always. Is this a known bug or is this happening to me only?

This happens to me on my iPhone 5s.  Exiting the rules and returning usually resolves the issue temporarily.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tattycoram
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Few Questions from a Newbie   Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:08 pm

Hi! Welcome to the game! FYI there's an ask questions thread where this might have been better to post, but I'll respond here for you.

1) Native english speaker here but I have no idea how to pronounce the name Very Happy I don't know how it is pronounced in Japan or what it is called there, where it was developed. I say "fantasika" -- kind of like the word fanstastic, without the second T and add an A at the end.

2) A few 4* or 5* star units may have very specific uses (such as a very low deploy cost combined with speed and/or a specific skill) which may make them slightly useful in some events, though often you are better off with 6* or higher. One example of this would be Heidemarie, a 10dc 5* that is incredibly slow (E speed), but is very strong and has knockback. She is as strong as many 6* cards. Usually her slow speed makes her not useful, but in Legion event, speed isn't a factor, so she's a great filler card, with knockback being the best skill there. Also, the ONLY 5dc card in the game is a 4* card, though I haven't had a use for her yet.

Also, some 4* or 5* cards are rare, no longer being issued, and so they may be of interest to collectors. Some people like to try and collect kind of card (a certain artist, or "girls with wings" or whatever), or all of the 4*s. Last year I collected every 3* card to give myself something to do (have since auctioned most off). But basically NO 4* OR 5* CARD THAT YOU CAN CURRENTLY PULL apart from a current event unit, will be in this category (meaning they will not be collectible)

No, we have never seen an already released unit become an event unit. Event units, so far, are always new releases. However, there are some events where having a specific type of card is useful (like the Mina's trials, they sometimes have quests such as "only recruited units" or "only 15dc units" or whatever) -- so it is good to have a diverse collection of cards yourself to call on for different events. But we have NEVER seen a previously released card give an event bonus.

3) I will let others answer your question about which events to focus on -- that's a longer conversation Very Happy

4) Yes the same thing happens to me all the time. I use ipad2. I find that closing out of the rules and going back in, I can usually open one tab and read it. Then close out of the rules and go back in and open a different one and read it, rinse and repeat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tasaiomar
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Few Questions from a Newbie   Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:20 pm

Tattycoram wrote:
No, we have never seen an already released unit become an event unit.

That's not quite true. In the first Legion event, Flowers of War, they released Nymph Packs that advertised an EU in every pack, but only had one new unit (the 8*, Leuce). Four existing units were promoted to EU: Vanessa 7*, Maple 6*, Destro 5*, and Gladia 4*. This is the only time I know of this occurring.

(Okay, checking the dates and my memory, the Nymph packs were available for the two days BEFORE Legion started, but did advertise that there would be an EU in every pack. There was quite the speculative market for the cards in those packs for those two days. They issued a clarification with the regularly scheduled maintenance that explained which cards were the EU.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lachymae

PostSubject: Re: Few Questions from a Newbie   Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:31 pm

Thanks for the answers guys, I appreciate it  Very Happy 

I'm glad there is a solution (even if it's temporary) to the tapping bug. Now I don't have to leave my warm bed at night and turn my PC on just to look at the event rewards  pirat 

If I have more questions in the future, I will post it on the FAQ thread as Tattycoram advised.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
po1102
War Hero [Rare]

PostSubject: Re: Few Questions from a Newbie   Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:31 pm

I think dice event is great for new players. You only need good units to fight bosses which you can skip and still get other good stuff plus a pretty good chance at a 7*!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rhynne43

PostSubject: Re: Few Questions from a Newbie   Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:18 pm

Tasaiomar wrote:
Tattycoram wrote:
No, we have never seen an already released unit become an event unit.

That's not quite true.  In the first Legion event, Flowers of War, they released Nymph Packs that advertised an EU in every pack, but only had one new unit (the 8*, Leuce).  Four existing units were promoted to EU: Vanessa 7*, Maple 6*, Destro 5*, and Gladia 4*.  This is the only time I know of this occurring.

(Okay, checking the dates and my memory, the Nymph packs were available for the two days BEFORE Legion started, but did advertise that there would be an EU in every pack.  There was quite the speculative market for the cards in those packs for those two days.  They issued a clarification with the regularly scheduled maintenance that explained which cards were the EU.)

I was going to jump in and say exactly the above. Smile

I remember as I pulled a 6* Maple and it really made Flowers of War easier.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Few Questions from a Newbie   Today at 3:03 am

Back to top Go down

Few Questions from a Newbie
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1